Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD

Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD

Urology  ·

Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD is an urology specialist in Garden City, NY and has been practicing for 6 years. He specializes in urology, urologic oncology, and more.Read his story

Winthrop Urology

• Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Stones
  • Bladder Surgery
  • Bladder Surgery, Robotic-Assisted
  • Blood in Semen (Hematospermia)
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Carcinoma in Situ
  • Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Complete Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Congenital Obstruction of Ureterovesical Junction
  • Cystectomy
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • da Vinci® Nephrectomy
  • da Vinci® Prostate Removal
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Infection
  • Kidney Infection, Chronic
  • Kidney Removal
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stone Removal
  • Male Genital System Cancer
  • Male Genitourinary Cancer
  • Male Sexual Conditions
  • Neuroendocrine Tumors
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Orchiectomy
  • Partial Cystectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Partial Nephrectomy
  • Partial Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Penile Cancer
  • Urethral Stones
  • Urinary Bladder Reconstruction With Robotic Assistance
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Cancer
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Vaginal Cancer
  • Varicocelectomy or Hydrocelectomy
  • Vasectomy
  • Vulvar Cancer
  • Wound Repair

My mission is to deliver world class oncologic care in the most compassionate and respectful way possible using a multidisciplinary approach. To that end, my main goal is to explain all the available options to the patient and family members. Ha...

• Urology
  • Robotic Surgery
  • Urologic Oncology

2013
Fox Chase Cancer Center
2011
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC)
2007
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC)
SUNY Dwnstate M C Coll Med

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Corcoran

Dr. Corcoran?
Dr. Corcoran's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD
Dr. Corcoran and his team saved my life. He robotically removed my prostate which was infected with a very aggressive form of prostate cancer. During our initial consultation, he was very thorough explaining my options and the process for robotic surgery. He addressed my concerns and made me feel comfortable with my decision. He was very reassuring during pre and post op and was flawless at performing the procedure which yielded a recovery period with no complications. I am pleased to report that 7 weeks out from surgery, side effects have been minimal and initial tests indicate that I am cancer free. I can’t say enough about his professionalism and dedication to patient care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
HAD TO FIND A DOCTOR. AFTER REVIEWING HIS BIOGRAPHY I WENT TO SEE DR. CORCORAN FOR MY INCONTIENCE PROBLEM. FOUND HIM TO BE VERY KNOWLEDGABLE. HE COMPLETELY EXPLAINED MY OPTIONS. HE GAVE ME MEDICATION TO TRY BEFORE GETTING A PERSCRIPTION. SHOWED GENUINE INTEREST IN MY PROBLEM. WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND HIM. WENT TO THE RIVERHEAD OFFICE HE HAS A GREAT TEAM OF PEOPLE WORKING WITH HIM. JAMES MOLL
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
Excellent - Dr Corcoran was complete and thorough in his pre surgery explanation of the entire process. I felt assured in his confident approach and could not have asked for a better result after prostate removal. Everything healed quickly and with very little down time. Extremely glad to have chosen Dr Corcoran !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
Dr. Corcoran is wonderful!! I met him about 5 years ago when I ended up in the emergency room. I was so fortunate that Dr. Corcoran was on call that night. He ended up removing 4 kidney stones in my left kidney and recently removed a benign polyp from my bladder. Dr. Corcoran explained everything before both procedures and answered all of my questions. He is extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. Dr. Corcoran truly is an exceptional doctor!! If you need a urologist, see Dr. Corcoran!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
I was recommended to Dr Corcoran by my urologist due to a diagnosis of prostrate cancer. He reviewed my test results and he made his recommendations for treatments. He took time to explain all options and answered all my questions. I weighed my options and chose surgery. It went exactly as he said it would. Awesome doctor
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
I can enthusiastically recommend Dr. Corcoran. He clearly explained my condition and walked me through the options. He and his whole staff were the most efficient and professional medical team I have ever experienced. The outcome of the prostatectomy has exceeded my expectations.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
I see that I only have 500 characters to express my gratitude to Dr Corcoran and his staff. It is difficult to find a place to start . From the time I met Dr Corcoran he put me at ease with what was an inevitable and surely uncomfortable procedure. He helped me understand that it was not really an option but necessary to insure lasting health and a higher quality of living. I had no hesitation which came from being educated by Dr Corcoran about my condition. First class. Thank you
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
Excellent surgeon, successful prostate removal surgery with outstanding post surgery results
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
It took a lot of research on my part to find Dr. Corcoran , and i'm grateful that I did. My husband is a diabetic who had kidney cancer. It seemed that no other surgeon could save the kidney, which was a priority. Dr. Corcoran immediately said that he could, and he did. We wil be forever grateful to him. As for his staff, they rock! Thank you again for doing such a wonderful job! .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
Dr. Corcoran is a professional through and through, from initial consultation through to surgery and follow up. His understanding of my issue and ability to handle the same was beyond any expectation I could have. He took the time to show me my images, explain to me all aspects of the procedure, and then he and his staff executed the surgery with the utmost of precision and professionalism. I would highly recommend him and his staff to anyone who may ask... Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
I would definitely recommend my family or friend. My experience was very very good. I have no complaints I believe God put me in the right hands.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
After having been diagnosed with a small tumor n my kidney I was referred to Dr Corcoran. It was easy to get an appointment. His staff, office etc. all very professional. I had to get muygall bladder out at the same time and he coordinated with my other surgeon and had me scheduled within two weeks. Everything went great. He followed up twice and I couldn't be happier with the whole experience. I would refer him to my family and anyone else.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
The questions I had I didn’t even have to ask because Dr. Corcoran covered them before I could even ask them. You don’t feel rushed. He encourages you to ask questions. Dr. Corcoran is extremely knowledgeable in the conditions he treats. He is high on my list of doctors. I had such confidence in him from the first day I met him, not something I usually experience. My husband is healing so beautifully. Dr. Corcoran is very skilled in robotic surgery. Dr. Corcoran is a KEEPER ????
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
I recently had robotic simple prostectemy performed by Dr Corcoran to correct an enlarged prostate that was impacting my kidney function. From the first time I met with Dr Corcoran he put me completely at ease and explained my condition and the options I had. He took the time to answer any of my questions and address my concerns. He completely respected my stand on bloodless surgery. He performed the surgery in a skilled manner with minimal blood loss. Thanks to him I am on the road to recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
Excellent! This doctor is amazing! Really appreciate his approach and how skilled Dr. Corcoran is. My Dad had some serious issues that were a result of a very enlarged prostate. Dr. Corcoran performed a simple prostatectomy on my dad, he treated us all like gold and we knew we were in good hands. He is amazing at what he does and I have been recommending him to anyone needing a procedure like this done. He is very knowledgable and skilled and recommend to anyone needing this done as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
I was very pleased and impressed with Dr Corcoran who recently performed a successful robotic prostate cancer surgery on me. He is very experienced and provided me with excellent care. After 4 wks I have fully recovered with no signs of cancer. Dr Corcoran treated me with exceptional care and gave me the confidence to undergo such a vital procedure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
I was initially diagnosed with a renal mass and referred with confidence to Dr Corcoran by my Nephrologist. He saw me 3 days later, and within minutes of our first meeting, Brilliant, skilled and a good listener. I knew that this fellow was the surgeon I wanted on my side getting me through this.. I was particularly grateful to find out his entire office/surgical were equally professional, talented, compassionate and available. esp. during post surgical period. Thank you Dr Corcoran!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
After being diagnosed with prostate cancer that required its removal, I sat down with Dr. Corcoran. He put me at ease and explained the procedure. The operation was over a year ago and was completely successful. I have had several follow-up tests with excellent results. I am more than willing to recommend Dr. Corcoran to anyone who might need a similar procedure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
Very pleased with the results of my surgery. Clearly happy that I have been declared "cured," but above that Dr Corcoran handled my case in a very professional and proficient manner. Very caring and sensitive to my issue but when it came down to it, addressed my issue aggressively and got it done! Recommend Dr Corcoran very highly!
Excellent all around
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Corcoran?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Corcoran treats patients.

Compare Providers