Dr. Anthony T. Corcoran, MD

Dr. Anthony T. Corcoran, MD

17 reviews

Urology | Male | 40 years old

Board-certified and fellowship-trained, Dr. Corcoran's personal mission is to deliver world-class oncologic care with compassion and respect. He uses a multidisciplinary approach that includes clinical care, patient education, research and clinical trials, state-of-the-art treatment, and ongoing communication with patients and families. He is skilled in open, minimally invasive and robotic surgeries, and advocates for the options that best help preserve functionality and quality of life.Read more

Existing Patient Phone Number
Winthrop Urology
Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence

Dr. Corcoran is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

My mission is to deliver world class oncologic care in the most compassionate and respectful way possible using a multidisciplinary approach. To that end, have opened several clinical trials at Stony Brook Medicine. Having had several family members endure various cancer diagnoses, I understand that a cancer diagnosis brings fear and uncertainty for patients and their families. My personal philosophy is to treat patients how I would wish for my family members to be treatRead more

Personal Bio

Dr. Corcoran's Experience

See how Dr. Corcoran's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Corcoran

Dr. Corcoran accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Corcoran has admitting privileges.

Dr. Corcoran's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Corcoran to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Corcoran
Dr. Corcoran's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (12)
Dr. Corcoran Says:

I would like to thank my patients for providing us with feedback on their experiences so we can improve and better provide the absolute best care possible - which is my goal.  Please call my office to discuss any and all concerns.

in East Meadow, NY |
I went to Memorial Sloan Kettering and also saw Dr. Corcoran for a kidney mass. Dr. Corcoran offered me a laparoscopic kidney removal but at Sloan Kettering I was only offered open surgery - which blows my mind. I elected to stay close to home and get the less invasive surgery with Dr. Corcoran. 2 weeks later I am back to work and glad I made the right choice.
in Roslyn Heights |
Nobody wants to receive a Cancer diagnosis (bladder and prostate). Because of early intervention and decisive action, my survival chance is 95%. These are odds that I can (literally) live with. Dr. Corcoran clearly explained my condition and the surgical options. We (Dr. C, my wife and I) decided on the "neo bladder". Post surgery no painkillers, chemo or radiation. I am back at work, 4 1/2 weeks after surgery, and thrilled with the outcome. I would whole heartedly recommend Dr. Corcoran.
in Muttontown, NY |
Dr. Corcoran took a kidney tumor off my kidney and cured me of my cancer while saving the healthy part of my kidney. He was outstanding from soup to nuts. I was in the hosptial for only 2 days after this robotic surgery. Winthrop Hosptial was a terrific experience (compared to other hospitals I have been to). I highly recommend.
in Huntington, NY |
Dr. Corcoran operated on me 5 months. He is knowledgeable, caring and an excellent surgeon. He took his time explaining the procedure in great detail. What doctor gives you his personal cell phone, Dr. Corcoran did. I was back to work two weeks after the operation. Follow up visits after the surgery were done timely and professionally. The doctor is a gem. All doctors could take a lesson from him.
in Southold, NY |
My experience with Doctor Corcoran has been very positive. I had serious urine retention issues because of an enlarged prostate. He addressed these issues, treated me at Winthrop University Hospital, and so far the results have been excellent. The hospital was efficient, well organized and friendly. Dr. Corcoran explained the procedure well. New York has many frightening doctors, hospitals and staff. Thankfully my experience with Dr, Corcoran and Winthrop was very satisfactory.
in South Jamesport, NY |
Dr. Corcoran is one of the most professional, empathetic, and dedicated doctors that I have had the honor of caring for me. I never had major surgery and I was so upset and uneasy when I discovered I need one. When I consulted with this doctor, he treated me as if I was his most important patient. He took the time to listen and answer questions by me and my family. The reassurance he gave helped me to have a positive outcome with my surgery. This doctor is an asset to the medical profession.
Thank you so much for the feedback Tanya. Happy to help you through all of this.
in Bayport, NY |
Dr. Corcoran is one of the most professional physicians I have ever met. He took the time to listen and clearly explain what needed to be done. I truly feel that we are partners in our plan to my recovery. A terrific 'bedside' manner. I was so lucky to find him.
in New York, NY |
He changed my life. Thank you!
in Mineola, NY |
Wonderful listener. Connects well with patient. Knowledgeable and open minded.
Riverhead, NY |
He is nice and knowledgeable, but I got sepsis after my first cystoscopy with him. I was very sick, and lucky to get early treatment. I called him the night I arrived at the hospital, but he didn't return my phone call until 4 days later.
Sepsis is an infrequent and unfortunate but known risk of cystoscopy despite the appropriate use of antibiotics. In reviewing our detailed messaging records, it appears I was in contact within 4 hours after our practice was made aware of your situation. Patient care is priority #1 in our practice and we are diligent about returning calls especially when patients are not feeling well.
Northport, NY |
I recently had an appointment with Dr. Corcoran,.....He WAITED for me twice this year, first was because of a snow storm, and second was because of a time conflict,(my fault). Never have I been waited on by a most patient Doctor..First was the surgery, second was the follow-up. I give him a triple "A" award
in North Massapequa, NY |
One amazing surgeon. Really cares about his patients.
A short note of thanks for your advice and referring me to Dr. Corcoran.Yesterday I had a follow-up to my Robotic Prostatectomy and the PSA revealed O which is great news to an active 69 year old. Life is great and thanks to you and Dr. Corcoran I will resume my healthy active life. Thank you from another cancer survivor.
You are very welcome. Glad you are doing well.
New York, NY |
He explains a complex cancer diagnosis in such plain language that was easy to understand for me and my husband, He used animation to explain how the surgery would go. We had no problems after my husband's surgery and he is cancer free!!!! WE ARE SO HAPPY WITH HIM!!!!
Happy to help out and so glad he is cancer free!
Mineola, NY |
Dr. Corcoran took so much time to explain everything to me in a way that was very understandable. Excellent bedside manner.
Thank you for the feedback.
Have you seen Dr. Anthony T. Corcoran, MD?

Compare Dr. Corcoran

More Urology Specialists like Dr. Corcoran at Winthrop Urology

Dr. Corcoran's Care Philosophy

Dr. Corcoran says...

Dr. Corcoran began practicing on Long Island from Philadelphia's Fox Chase Cancer Center — an NCI-designated cancer center with a robust robotic surgery program and the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center — where he completed his urologic residency and fellowship. Dr. Corcoran is a leader in robotic and minimally invasive surgery in the New York Metropolitan area and operates on patients from all over the tri-state area.   In addition, Dr. Corcoran is committed to early detection and patient education. He is also interested in quality processes and efficiencies, in particular, improving communication with patients and referring physicians.

Dr. Corcoran says...

Dr. Corcoran has a strong interest in treating kidney cancer and other cancers of the urinary tract including: bladder, prostate, testes, penis, adrenal glands using a minimally invasive approach whenever possible.  He is proficient in robotic surgery which can speed recovery and healing.

Dr. Corcoran says...

Dr. Corcoran's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Urology
  •  Board certified in Urology

Dr. Corcoran has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Corcoran's Board Certifications

• Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Bone Cancer
  • Breast Cancer
  • Carcinoma in Situ
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Myelodysplastic Syndromes
  • Myeloma
  • Myeloproliferative Disorders
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Ovarian Cancer
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Penile Cancer
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Uterine Diseases

SUNY Dwnstate M C Coll Med

Graduated in 2005

University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center (Upmc)

Completed in 2007

University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center (Upmc)

Completed in 2011

Fox Chase Cancer Center

Completed in 2013

SUNY Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine

Graduated in 2005

Dr. Corcoran does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Corcoran and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Urology

• Lithotripsy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Partial Nephrectomy
  • Partial Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Percutaneous Destruction of Kidney Lesion
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Total Cystectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Ureterscopies
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry