Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD

Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD

Urologic Oncology  |
22 reviews

Board-certified and fellowship-trained, Dr. Corcoran's personal mission is to deliver world-class oncologic care with compassion and respect. He uses a multidisciplinary approach that includes clinical care, patient education, research and clinical trials, state-of-the-art treatment, and ongoing communication with patients and families. He is skilled in open, minimally invasive and robotic surgeries, and advocates for the options that best help preserve functionality and quality of life....See Less

Winthrop Urology

1300 Franklin Ave Ste ML6

Garden City, NY 11530

• Affinity Health Plan
  • Amerihealth
  • Fidelis Care
  • Keystone Health Plan East

Learn about Dr. Corcoran

My mission is to deliver world class oncologic care in the most compassionate and respectful way possible using a multidisciplinary approach. To that end, have opened several clinical trials at Stony Brook Medicine. Having had several family members endure various cancer diagnoses, I understand that a cancer diagnosis brings fear and uncertainty for patients and their families. My personal philosophy is to treat patients how I would wish for my family members to be treat

Dr. Corcoran's Experience

Dr. Corcoran's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Urologic Oncology

• Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Bone Cancer
  • Breast Cancer
  • Carcinoma in Situ
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Myelodysplastic Syndromes
  • Myeloma
  • Myeloproliferative Disorders
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Ovarian Cancer
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Penile Cancer
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Uterine Diseases

• Lithotripsy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Partial Nephrectomy
  • Partial Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Percutaneous Destruction of Kidney Lesion
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Total Cystectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Ureterscopies
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • da Vinci® Nephrectomy
  • da Vinci® Prostate Removal
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Suny Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2005
  • SUNY Dwnstate M C Coll Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2005
  • University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC)
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2007
  • University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC)
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011
  • Fox Chase Cancer Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Corcoran has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Corcoran does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Corcoran and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Corcoran's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Corcoran to family and friends
Dr. Corcoran Says:

I would like to thank my patients for providing us with feedback on their experiences so we can improve and better provide the absolute best care possible - which is my goal.  Please call my office to discuss any and all concerns.

Dr. Corcoran's Performance
in Manhasset, NY |
I would highly recommend Dr. Corcoran. He is caring and a genuine person , he puts all your doubts to ease. He speaks to you like you are family.
in Mineola, NY |
Highly professional, highly skilled, highly recommend.
in Melville, NY |
I experienced 2 surgeries performed by Dr. Corcoran - 1 invasive and 1 robotic on both kidneys. I had a very fast recovery - he saved my kidney preserving functionality and quality of life. His oncologic care and compassion was the best along with Winthrop Hospital and their personnel.
in Freeport, NY |
There are no words to describe Dr. Corcoran. He is the BEST urologist that I have met. I have been having some issues for years and have visited other urologists but to no avail, there was no relief in sight with them. I had the privilege of meeting Dr. Corcoran a year ago and I can proudly and gladly say that his expertise, experience, knowledge, bed side manners and his care and concern, are outstanding. Because of him I no longer have those issues again. Thank you, Dr. C.
in Jamaica, NY |
I went to dr anthony for a second opinion after explaining my bladder tumor to the urology dept. they said this was his specialty, the first urologist I went to said it was in a difficult place to remove needing stents which would be another procedure to remove and possibly have to do an open surgery. There were no complications, no stents no open surgery,straight forward, a top surgeon in his field. a
in Roslyn Heights |
Nobody wants to receive a Cancer diagnosis (bladder and prostate). Because of early intervention and decisive action, my survival chance is 95%. These are odds that I can (literally) live with. Dr. Corcoran clearly explained my condition and the surgical options. We (Dr. C, my wife and I) decided on the "neo bladder". Post surgery no painkillers, chemo or radiation. I am back at work, 4 1/2 weeks after surgery, and thrilled with the outcome. I would whole heartedly recommend Dr. Corcoran.
in Muttontown, NY |
Dr. Corcoran took a kidney tumor off my kidney and cured me of my cancer while saving the healthy part of my kidney. He was outstanding from soup to nuts. I was in the hosptial for only 2 days after this robotic surgery. Winthrop Hosptial was a terrific experience (compared to other hospitals I have been to). I highly recommend.
in Huntington, NY |
Dr. Corcoran operated on me 5 months. He is knowledgeable, caring and an excellent surgeon. He took his time explaining the procedure in great detail. What doctor gives you his personal cell phone, Dr. Corcoran did. I was back to work two weeks after the operation. Follow up visits after the surgery were done timely and professionally. The doctor is a gem. All doctors could take a lesson from him.
in Southold, NY |
My experience with Doctor Corcoran has been very positive. I had serious urine retention issues because of an enlarged prostate. He addressed these issues, treated me at Winthrop University Hospital, and so far the results have been excellent. The hospital was efficient, well organized and friendly. Dr. Corcoran explained the procedure well. New York has many frightening doctors, hospitals and staff. Thankfully my experience with Dr, Corcoran and Winthrop was very satisfactory.
in South Jamesport, NY |
Dr. Corcoran is one of the most professional, empathetic, and dedicated doctors that I have had the honor of caring for me. I never had major surgery and I was so upset and uneasy when I discovered I need one. When I consulted with this doctor, he treated me as if I was his most important patient. He took the time to listen and answer questions by me and my family. The reassurance he gave helped me to have a positive outcome with my surgery. This doctor is an asset to the medical profession.
Thank you so much for the feedback Tanya. Happy to help you through all of this.
in Bayport, NY |
Dr. Corcoran is one of the most professional physicians I have ever met. He took the time to listen and clearly explain what needed to be done. I truly feel that we are partners in our plan to my recovery. A terrific 'bedside' manner. I was so lucky to find him.
in New York, NY |
He changed my life. Thank you!
in Mineola, NY |
Wonderful listener. Connects well with patient. Knowledgeable and open minded.
Riverhead, NY |
He is nice and knowledgeable, but I got sepsis after my first cystoscopy with him. I was very sick, and lucky to get early treatment. I called him the night I arrived at the hospital, but he didn't return my phone call until 4 days later.
Sepsis is an infrequent and unfortunate but known risk of cystoscopy despite the appropriate use of antibiotics. In reviewing our detailed messaging records, it appears I was in contact within 4 hours after our practice was made aware of your situation. Patient care is priority #1 in our practice and we are diligent about returning calls especially when patients are not feeling well.
Northport, NY |
I recently had an appointment with Dr. Corcoran,.....He WAITED for me twice this year, first was because of a snow storm, and second was because of a time conflict,(my fault). Never have I been waited on by a most patient Doctor..First was the surgery, second was the follow-up. I give him a triple "A" award
in North Massapequa, NY |
One amazing surgeon. Really cares about his patients.
A short note of thanks for your advice and referring me to Dr. Corcoran.Yesterday I had a follow-up to my Robotic Prostatectomy and the PSA revealed O which is great news to an active 69 year old. Life is great and thanks to you and Dr. Corcoran I will resume my healthy active life. Thank you from another cancer survivor.
You are very welcome. Glad you are doing well.
New York, NY |
He explains a complex cancer diagnosis in such plain language that was easy to understand for me and my husband, He used animation to explain how the surgery would go. We had no problems after my husband's surgery and he is cancer free!!!! WE ARE SO HAPPY WITH HIM!!!!
Happy to help out and so glad he is cancer free!
Mineola, NY |
Dr. Corcoran took so much time to explain everything to me in a way that was very understandable. Excellent bedside manner.
Thank you for the feedback.
Have you seen Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?

Visit Dr. Corcoran