Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD

Urology •  Male • Age 43

Telehealth services available

Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD is a Urology Specialist in Riverhead, NY and has over 15 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Corcoran has more experience with Male Reproductive Medicine, Calculi (stones), and Urologic Care than other specialists in his area. He graduated from SUNY Dwnstate M C Coll Med medical school in 2005. He is affiliated with medical facilities Nyu Winthrop Hospital and Stony Brook University Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Corcoran to book an appointment.

Winthrop Urology

What People Say About Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD
Dr Anthony Corcoran:Professional,Attentive,Experienced,Compasionet.
Lourdes phillips – May 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
I have been dealing with Dr. Corcoran’s office for two years. I have to say the doctor is good. He gets back to you in a timely fashion and takes the time to explain everything. His staff, on the other hand, is a totally different matter. They are the most difficult office I have had to deal with. I am leaving this practice because of it. So, if you don’t mind aggravation, Dr. Corcoran is a good choice.
Apr 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
This is not your father's urology practice! I have been an RN for over 30 years, but I am still a male, and have had all of concerns and many of the issues that men have as they get older. As it turned out, I needed progressive testing and ultimately a biopsy which I feared and dreaded. Do yourself a favor and worry about something else, like who will be the next head coach of the Giants. The worst part is the anxiety you unnecessarily suffer beforehand. The procedure itself is over in no time at all and for me, was painless. You are in good hands with Dr. Corcoran, his staff , his colleagues and his state-of -the art practice. And I am grateful to my PCP for his referral.
David Horvath – Jan 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
Dr. Corcoran is everything you want in a doctor. He is patient, empathetic, and takes his time answering questions in layman's terms. He operated on a tumor in my right kidney, using the laproscopic /robotic surgical method. Though he couldn't save the kidney, I am so pleased with the outcome. He is the best!!!
Shelley Corman in Eastport, NY – Sep 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
My family and I are so thankful for all Dr. Corcoran did for me...I am feeling great and I am happy that our doctor recommended him....Dr. Corcoran is an excellent surgeon and put our minds at ease in our meeting prior to and after the surgical procedure
MS – Jul 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
Dr. Corcoran and his team saved my life. He robotically removed my prostate which was infected with a very aggressive form of prostate cancer. During our initial consultation, he was very thorough explaining my options and the process for robotic surgery. He addressed my concerns and made me feel comfortable with my decision. He was very reassuring during pre and post op and was flawless at performing the procedure which yielded a recovery period with no complications. I am pleased to report that 7 weeks out from surgery, side effects have been minimal and initial tests indicate that I am cancer free. I can’t say enough about his professionalism and dedication to patient care.
Richard Bruce in Commack, NY – May 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
HAD TO FIND A DOCTOR. AFTER REVIEWING HIS BIOGRAPHY I WENT TO SEE DR. CORCORAN FOR MY INCONTIENCE PROBLEM. FOUND HIM TO BE VERY KNOWLEDGABLE. HE COMPLETELY EXPLAINED MY OPTIONS. HE GAVE ME MEDICATION TO TRY BEFORE GETTING A PERSCRIPTION. SHOWED GENUINE INTEREST IN MY PROBLEM. WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND HIM. WENT TO THE RIVERHEAD OFFICE HE HAS A GREAT TEAM OF PEOPLE WORKING WITH HIM. JAMES MOLL
JAMES MOLL – Apr 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
Excellent - Dr Corcoran was complete and thorough in his pre surgery explanation of the entire process. I felt assured in his confident approach and could not have asked for a better result after prostate removal. Everything healed quickly and with very little down time. Extremely glad to have chosen Dr Corcoran !
James Gassert in BELLMORE, NY – Apr 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
Dr. Corcoran is wonderful!! I met him about 5 years ago when I ended up in the emergency room. I was so fortunate that Dr. Corcoran was on call that night. He ended up removing 4 kidney stones in my left kidney and recently removed a benign polyp from my bladder. Dr. Corcoran explained everything before both procedures and answered all of my questions. He is extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. Dr. Corcoran truly is an exceptional doctor!! If you need a urologist, see Dr. Corcoran!
Jennifer Albahae – Feb 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
I was recommended to Dr Corcoran by my urologist due to a diagnosis of prostrate cancer. He reviewed my test results and he made his recommendations for treatments. He took time to explain all options and answered all my questions. I weighed my options and chose surgery. It went exactly as he said it would. Awesome doctor
Tom Ippoliti in EQ. NY – Jan 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
I can enthusiastically recommend Dr. Corcoran. He clearly explained my condition and walked me through the options. He and his whole staff were the most efficient and professional medical team I have ever experienced. The outcome of the prostatectomy has exceeded my expectations.
Richard Zaweski in Centerport, NY – Dec 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
I see that I only have 500 characters to express my gratitude to Dr Corcoran and his staff. It is difficult to find a place to start . From the time I met Dr Corcoran he put me at ease with what was an inevitable and surely uncomfortable procedure. He helped me understand that it was not really an option but necessary to insure lasting health and a higher quality of living. I had no hesitation which came from being educated by Dr Corcoran about my condition. First class. Thank you
Joel . O in Long Beach , NY – Dec 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
Excellent surgeon, successful prostate removal surgery with outstanding post surgery results
Jun 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
It took a lot of research on my part to find Dr. Corcoran , and i'm grateful that I did. My husband is a diabetic who had kidney cancer. It seemed that no other surgeon could save the kidney, which was a priority. Dr. Corcoran immediately said that he could, and he did. We wil be forever grateful to him. As for his staff, they rock! Thank you again for doing such a wonderful job! .
Maria Schettino & Michael Pulitano in Hicksville, N.Y. – Mar 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
Dr. Corcoran is a professional through and through, from initial consultation through to surgery and follow up. His understanding of my issue and ability to handle the same was beyond any expectation I could have. He took the time to show me my images, explain to me all aspects of the procedure, and then he and his staff executed the surgery with the utmost of precision and professionalism. I would highly recommend him and his staff to anyone who may ask... Thank you!
John Tutunjian in Huntington, NY – Feb 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
I would definitely recommend my family or friend. My experience was very very good. I have no complaints I believe God put me in the right hands.
Osvaldo Valentin in Medford, NY – Feb 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
After having been diagnosed with a small tumor n my kidney I was referred to Dr Corcoran. It was easy to get an appointment. His staff, office etc. all very professional. I had to get muygall bladder out at the same time and he coordinated with my other surgeon and had me scheduled within two weeks. Everything went great. He followed up twice and I couldn't be happier with the whole experience. I would refer him to my family and anyone else.
tom Sullivan in garden City NY – Jan 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
The questions I had I didn’t even have to ask because Dr. Corcoran covered them before I could even ask them. You don’t feel rushed. He encourages you to ask questions. Dr. Corcoran is extremely knowledgeable in the conditions he treats. He is high on my list of doctors. I had such confidence in him from the first day I met him, not something I usually experience. My husband is healing so beautifully. Dr. Corcoran is very skilled in robotic surgery. Dr. Corcoran is a KEEPER ????
Lucy H – Jan 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
I recently had robotic simple prostectemy performed by Dr Corcoran to correct an enlarged prostate that was impacting my kidney function. From the first time I met with Dr Corcoran he put me completely at ease and explained my condition and the options I had. He took the time to answer any of my questions and address my concerns. He completely respected my stand on bloodless surgery. He performed the surgery in a skilled manner with minimal blood loss. Thanks to him I am on the road to recovery.
BrianH – Jan 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?
Excellent! This doctor is amazing! Really appreciate his approach and how skilled Dr. Corcoran is. My Dad had some serious issues that were a result of a very enlarged prostate. Dr. Corcoran performed a simple prostatectomy on my dad, he treated us all like gold and we knew we were in good hands. He is amazing at what he does and I have been recommending him to anyone needing a procedure like this done. He is very knowledgable and skilled and recommend to anyone needing this done as well.
Jan 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Corcoran, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Corcoran?

Dr. Corcoran accepts

Dr. Corcoran accepts the following insurance:

Select
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO
Keystone Health Plan East HMO
Keystone Health Plan East POS

No malpractice claims found for New York

Male Reproductive Medicine

Male reproductive medicine specialists diagnose and treat conditions related to male fertility and reproductive health through procedures such as vasectomy or vasectomy reversal, intrauterine insemination, and intracytoplasmic sperm injection.

Typically treats 77% more than their peers

Vasectomy

Dr. Corcoran performs Vasectomy more than 66% of their peers

Dr. Corcoran performs this procedure more than 66% of their peers

Calculi (stones)

Urologists or nephrologists diagnose and treat kidney stones, small pieces of hard, crystallized material that form in the kidney and typically pass naturally, but may require shock wave therapy, a catheter procedure, or surgery.

Typically treats 69% more than their peers

Kidney Stones

Dr. Corcoran treats Kidney Stones more than 63% of their peers

Dr. Corcoran treats this condition more than 63% of their peers

Urologic Care

Urologic care focuses on the health and treatment of the male and female urinary tract, as well as the male reproductive system.

Typically treats 79% more than their peers

Bladder Diseases

Dr. Corcoran treats Bladder Diseases more than 96% of their peers

Dr. Corcoran treats this condition more than 96% of their peers

Urologic Surgery

Urologic surgery treats conditions affecting the male and female urinary tract and the male reproductive system through procedures including cystectomy (bladder removal), prostatectomy (prostate removal), and pelvic reconstruction.

Typically treats 53% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 4 conditions and procedures

Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck

Dr. Corcoran performs Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck more than 74% of their peers

Dr. Corcoran performs this procedure more than 74% of their peers

• Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Stones
  • Bladder Surgery
  • Bladder Surgery, Robotic-Assisted
  • Blood in Semen (Hematospermia)
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Carcinoma in Situ
  • Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Complete Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Congenital Obstruction of Ureterovesical Junction
  • Cystectomy
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • da Vinci® Nephrectomy
  • da Vinci® Prostate Removal
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Infection
  • Kidney Infection, Chronic
  • Kidney Removal
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stone Removal
  • Male Genitourinary Cancer
  • Male Sexual Conditions
  • Myeloma
  • Neuroendocrine Tumors
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Orchiectomy
  • Partial Cystectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Partial Nephrectomy
  • Partial Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Penile Cancer
  • Urethral Stones
  • Urinary Bladder Reconstruction With Robotic Assistance
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Cancer
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Vaginal Cancer
  • Varicocelectomy or Hydrocelectomy
  • Vasectomy
  • Vulvar Cancer
  • Wound Repair

My mission is to deliver world class oncologic care in the most compassionate and respectful way possible using a multidisciplinary approach. To that end, my main goal is to explain all the available options to the patient and family members. Ha...

• Urology
  • Robotic Surgery
  • Urologic Oncology

2013
Fox Chase Cancer Center
2011
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC)
2007