Dr. Annette Sims, MD

Dr. Annette Sims, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Insurances Accepted

Born in Chicago, Illinois, Dr. Annette Chang Sims grew up in south Florida, where she first developed her great love of the outdoors. In search of an area where she and her family could enjoy their love of trail running, triathlon, cycling and snowboarding, they fell in love with Oregon and moved here in 2007. Her husband Jonathan Sims, MD, joined Radiology Associates, P.C., as a full time radiologist. Dr. Sims joined the practice of Drs. Fine, Hoffman and Packer, LLC, in 2010. They enjoy raising their two sons in Eugene.

Drs. Fine, Hoffman & Sims, LLC

1550 Oak St Ste 5

Eugene, OR 97401

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Sims

Drs. Fine, Hoffman & Sims, and staff are committed to providing the most technologically advanced, cost-effective patient care, with the highest quality of professionalism.

Experience for Dr. Sims

Gain confidence in your healthcare decisions by comparing quality indicators on our provider profiles: education, board certification, years of practice, patient experience, and now Top Care Areas, which gives frequency in conditions treated or procedures performed. More about finding the right doctor for you

Top Care Areas for Dr. Sims by Patient Volume

Glaucoma

Dr. Sims treated this condition for more patients than 93% of her peers nationwide.

Dry Eyes

Dr. Sims treated this condition for more patients than 90% of her peers nationwide.

Pigment Dispersion Syndrome

Dr. Sims treated this condition for more patients than 99% of her peers nationwide.

high

Need Other Care?

Discover how Dr. Sims compares to peers nationwide for your care needs.

?

Where our data comes from - The data you see on providers' Healthgrades profiles comes from both the provider and public sources. The Top Care Areas section uses public data from billing claims that providers submit to insurance companies. That data is filed nationwide on behalf of the provider to either the government or a private health insurance company.

How we evaluate our data - Patient volume is analyzed by provider and compared nationally with all providers who perform the same procedure, or treat the same condition. We organize the volume data in percentile ranking from 'may perform' for the lowest claims volume to 'Very High' for the highest claims volume data. For a given condition or procedure, performance categories are defined based on 80%, 90%, and 95% confidence intervals from the average patient volume for all providers in our database. Providers identified as ‘may perform’ do not have sufficient volume for Healthgrades to create a statistical evaluation.

Are you Dr. Sims?

Learn more about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Glaucoma Treatment
  • Intraocular Lens Implant Surgery
  • LASIK
  • Laser Surgery
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Refractive Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Retina and Vitreous Surgery
  • Vitrectomy
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

• The University of Chicago
  • University Of South Florida Department Of Ophthalmology
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
  • University Of South Florida Department Of Ophthalmology Glaucoma
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Sims has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sims does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sims and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sims' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sims to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Sims' Performance
Eugene, OR |
Dr. Sims was quick and to the point. I appreciate her efficiency and the clear direction she gave me on my over all eye health. I would recommend her and her amazing staff to any of my friends and family.
Eugene, OR |
I think she really knows what she's doing.
Eugene, OR |
Dr. Sims is really cool and knows what she is doing. She made me feel relaxed and cared for.
Corvallis, OR |
The office staff have lied and been completely untrustworthy. While, the physicians may know what they are doing, the office staff have ruined the experience and this office will NEVER see our family again! They refuse simple requests after lying! A physician is only as good as the staff who manage things. These dr's need to know they reputation is being ruined by dishonesty!
in Eugene, OR |
Dr. Sims rushed in and out of my appointment. All of my appt. was done by a tech, who was rude, impatient, condescending and talked to me like I was a baby, which was very annoying. I came in for a yearly checkup and new glasses, and had concerns about changes in my vision. They did not write me a new prescription, gave me EYEDROPS that she is studying instead, it was a joke. I waited another 45 minutes for a hastily written prescription for the same thing I had last year, after I complained.
in Florence, OR |
With two eye surgeries performed by Dr. Sims, I can enthusiastically confirm her excellence, her personality, and professionalism, which in my opinion, are exceptional.
in Eugene, OR |
I would NOT recommend this MD...we have tried to work with her for about 2 years. When we do have appointments with her - the time spent with her is very short. Mostly the techs do the work. Most recently, she insisted on doing tests that they couldn't seem to justify then charged well above the regular exam fees covered by insurance even though we requested they not do anything that would incur extra charges. Now more bills are showing up. They tell us it is our ins companies' fault.
Have you seen Dr. Annette Sims, MD?

Visit Dr. Sims

Dr. Sims accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Sims has admitting privileges