Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Female
Dr. Anne Peters, MD
I am an endocrinologist who specializes solely in the care of people with diabetes, usually only type 1 diabetes. I see patients part-time and spend the rest of my time doing research, traveling the world and teaching other doctors about diabetes, and doing advocacy work to help people with diabetes get better care. I am active in the ADA and JDRF and write the guidelines for the treatment of people with diabetes. So I keep very busy. I have the world's most wonderful patients and I remain a USC faculty member in large part so I can continue to accept health insurance and see the people I have treated for many years. I work in Beverly Hills as well as in East Los Angeles at the Roybal Comprehensive Health Center. There are several important facts to keep in mind: Nearby there is another doctor with EXACTLY my same name. Dr. Anne Louise Peters. We get mixed up all the time. My on-line ratings are often hers, not mine and vice-versa. It has been this way for my whole career. So don't go to the wrong place. Or get confused. It can be difficult to get through to speak to a real human being at USC. When you call the clinic number just push 0 to get through to the office. Don't bother with the phone tree. I do not do primary care, so everyone who sees me needs a primary care doctor. I do not work at any hospitals so if you need to be in the hospital you will be treated by a hospitalist. Check out my "Conquering Diabetes" website for more information. My philosophy is that of being a partner with my patients. I try hard to listen and provide helpful tips. Living diabetes is tough because it is all day long, everyday. I try to make it easier to live with and provide the most cutting edge treatments, which are better than they have been before. I am optimistic that most people with diabetes can live long, healthy and happy lives.

USC Westside Center for Diabetes

• Health Net
  • Principal Life

Learn about Dr. Peters

Dr. Peters' Experience

Dr. Peters' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Gestational Diabetes

• Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Exercise Counseling
  • Insulin Pump Therapy

No malpractice history found for California.

• Wesleyan
  • Stanford University Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985
  • Cedars Sinai Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Peters has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Peters does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Peters and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Peters' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Peters to family and friends
Dr. Peters Says:

Thank you for your comments.  I am glad to discuss any concerns you have about my practice with you at any time.

Dr. Peters' Performance
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Peters shows genuine concerns about patients. She listens to you without expressing shortness to move on to her next patient. The office support and professionals are always helpful and in a good mood. It's such a joy to be in the space for a reasonable amount of time.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Peters is brilliant and creative. She is also compassionate and kind. A rare combination.
in North Hollywood, CA |
Dr. Peters is focused, to the point, and extremely helpful. I like that she is candid
in Upland |
Five things that makes Dr. Peters the best choice: 1). She really listens 2) she really cares that you do well. 3). She knows virtually everything about diabetes care. 4.) She answers all questions promptly 5) she' s fun to work with.
in West Hills, CA. |
I am very fortunate to have found Dr. Peters and she has treated me now for near 15 years. I think that pretty much sums up my opinion of her.
in Agoura Hills, CA |
Dr Peters has helped me manage my diabetes care for several years now. I am one of those complicated cases, with an exhaustive list of medical issues. Dr Peters has "Kept the wheels turning", and I have had a tremendous partner in traversing major issues. She is an unbelievable resource, with knowledge and access to cutting edge technology. I could not ask for a better coach. Although incredibly busy, each visit becomes a positive journey into making things better for you. Outstanding!!!
Whittier, CA |
She's my favorite doctor on earth. Very kind and extremely useful.
Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Anne Peters and her staff are awesome.
in Los Angeles, CA |
After seeing a number of endocrinologists, 5 physicians at a variety of hospitals they all said Dr Peters is the best Unlike most physicians that order many tests b/c they are unsure of the patient's dx. Dr P ordered one test on me after listening to my issues & she was on point. She is positive, likely to give positive reinforcement. Outstanding assessment and terrific communication skills are part of teason Dr Peters is so outstanding A real asset to USC & any patient smart enough to see her
Have you seen Dr. Anne Peters, MD?
Are you Dr. Peters?