Dr. Anne McBride, MD

DermatologyFemaleAge 62

Dr. Anne McBride, MD is a Dermatologist in Venice, FL and has over 33 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. McBride has more experience with Cosmetic Skin Procedures and Skin Cancer & Excision than other specialists in her area. She graduated from West Virginia University medical school in 1988. She is affiliated with Sarasota Memorial Hospital. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. McBride to book an appointment.

Riverchase Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery

1295 Jacaranda Blvd Venice, FL 34292
Telehealth services available

Dr. McBride's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. McBride

3.4

Dr. McBride?
  • Office environment (23)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (23)
  • Explained conditions well (22)
  • Long wait times (17)
  • Appointment was rushed (9)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (8)
I saw Dr. McBride at least twice a year for 12 years but have found a new dermatologist. Dr. McBride provided excellent medical care but I just can't deal with Riverchase Dermatology any more. The appointments are scheduled to cram as many patients in a day as possible. The usual wait time is an hour and my last appointment I waited for 1 hour and 20 minutes. I knew then that I would not return. Most of the front office staff is curt at best and generally rude. It is very frustrating to leave a doctor that you like and have confidence in because of the way the office is run!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
Martha Shirley – Jul 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne McBride, MD?
I have been a patient for 9 years and today I'm leaving. I've had appointments every 6 months for 9 years and the average waiting time has been 1 hour. I scheduled todays appointment 6 months ago and scheduled it at 7:50AM at their suggestion because they said I would be the first patient of the day with little or no waiting time. After 50 minutes of waiting and watching 6 other patients ( who arrived after me) go to their appointments, I asked the receptionist how much longer I would have to wa
Richard Francis in Venice, FL – Jan 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne McBride, MD?
Listened and looked with special glasses. Rita, her CMA, took photos of the suspicious areas. She was very thorough. Much more so than most other dermatologists that I have seen. Dr. McBride will be my ‘go to ‘ dermatologist.
Nancy Byron in Venice and Chicago, Illinois , Illinois – Oct 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne McBride, MD?
Love Dr McBride. She is knowledgeable, listens, skillful very personable. Doesn't seem to have any of the brusque or holier-than-thou attitude that I've run across with other physicians over the years. I continue to see her for all skin issues and trust her judgement completely. Her staff and assistants are also knowledgeable and kind, which is so important when having a problem that is upsetting or painful.
Pamela Kaplan in North Port, FL – Oct 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne McBride, MD?
Dr. Mc Bride was concerned about an area that cropped up on my very fair skin before I left town. Besides writing down and going over the instructions, she gave me her cell phone number in case the area in question worsened. A few days later I did use her cell phone number and using text photos she called in a prescription which cured the area in a few days. In between we were in contact to see how the healing was progressing. I am ever so grateful for her concern and professional advise. SL
Susan L. in Venice, Fl – Jan 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne McBride, MD?
This is a very poorly run office. Dr. McBride herself is a competent physician, but the office is not. I always wait a ridiculous amount of time. Today I waited an hour and then was told they tried to call me to tell me she was running late. I did not receive that message and no one told me when I checked in. I will be finding a new doctor.
KATHY in Venice, FL – Dec 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne McBride, MD?
I have seen Dr. McBride twice. The first visit, my wait time was over an hour and a half. My second visit, I received a phone call stating she was running late and to please arrive 50 minutes after my scheduled appointment. I still sat for 30 minutes before I was taken to the exam room, where I sat for another fifteen minutes before being seen. I brought this up to the doctor, who suggested I make a 7 AM appointment if I wanted to be on time. This is unacceptable, no matter how good she is.
Venice, FL – Aug 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne McBride, MD?
Dr McBride is very thorough. She is very good at what she does. Easy to talk to and always has helpful suggestions for care. But seems like when she removes moles it always leaves a bad scare. Like most dermatologist she always runs late. I blame that mostly on the scheduling staff. Why do they think 10 minutes per patient is enough time, it never is! I always schedule my appointments first thing in the morning or right after lunch and still I wait at least 30 minutes.
Venice, FL – Jun 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne McBride, MD?
I feel compelled to write a review, seeing some of the less-than-stellar comments about Dr. McBride from others. I saw her for the first time a while ago and yes, the wait was a little long, but once I saw her, I understood why. She took the time to review my history and my body (thoroughly, which is what is required!), and persuaded me to do a biopsy on a spot on my lower cheek. I tried to avoid it, but she was persistent! Good outcome. Excellent physician. Highly recommend.
kay fraser in Venice, FL – Jun 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne McBride, MD?
I have seen Dr. McBride for over two years. She is a thourough, knowledable and caring doctor. Sometimes she does get backed up causing one to have to wait past appointment time, but not because she has overscheduled herself, but she will give the patient the time he/she requires. Even though I've had to wait, sometimes up to an hour, my experience with her has provided me with a trust that I do not often have for physicians. She is excellent and worth waiting for.
Nichole in Port Charlotte, FL – Jan 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne McBride, MD?
While I am sure she is a very competent doctor & extremely busy, her bedside manner & people skills need a great deal of improvement. At a first visit a full body check was done & my comfort was nott considered. I felt like a side of beef being looked over rather than a human being whose modesty was being violated. A biopsy was taken & the matter discussed while I sat there half naked being told there was an area of concern on my body. It was a distressing & humiliating visit.
North Port, Florida – May 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne McBride, MD?
Horrible experience as a new patient. I waited one hour from scheduled appt time to be seen. Unacceptable.
May 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne McBride, MD?
Dr. McBride is an excellent physician. The nurses and staff were quite competent and welcoming.
Joe in Venice, FL – Feb 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne McBride, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. McBride?

• Dermatology

University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
1988
West Virginia University
West Virginia University

What other Dermatologists practice nearby?

Click here to compare with other Dermatologists.

Does Dr. Anne McBride, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. McBride has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.

What are Dr. Anne McBride, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. McBride frequently treats Cosmetic Skin Procedures and Skin Cancer & Excision. See all practice areas where Dr. McBride specializes.

Where is Dr. Anne McBride, MD's office located?

Dr. McBride's office is located at 1295 Jacaranda Blvd, Venice, FL 34292. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Anne McBride, MD?

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Frequently Treated by Dr. McBride

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. McBride treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. McBride treats other conditions, please contact the office at (941) 955-0360.

Cosmetic Skin Procedures

Cosmetic dermatologists diagnose and treat condition of the skin that affect appearance, such as age spots, wrinkles, unwanted hair, and acne scars.Compare with other Cosmetic Skin Procedures specialists.

Dr. McBride is experienced in the area of Cosmetic Skin Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 10 conditions and procedures

Normal
High
Very High

Skin Cancer & Excision

Oncologists diagnose and treat cancers of the skin, including melanoma, basal cell carcinoma, and squamous cell carcinoma.Compare with other Skin Cancer & Excision specialists.

Dr. McBride is experienced in the area of Skin Cancer & Excision. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 16 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Similar Providers
Actinic Keratosis
Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
Excision of Skin Lesion
Excision, Shaving, or Destruction of Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue (incl. Mohs Micrographic Surgery), Tissue Transfer
Normal

• Acanthosis Nigricans
  • Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Intertrigo
  • Itchy Skin
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lipomas
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nail and Nail Bed Infection
  • Telogen Effluvium
  • Tinea Versicolor
  • Warts

Dr. McBride accepts

Dr. McBride accepts the following insurance:

American Republic
Universal American
Wells Fargo Insurance

Riverchase Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery

Riverchase Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery1295 Jacaranda Blvd Venice, FL 34292

Dr. McBride is affiliated with the following hospital. Select the hospital below to learn more.

Learn more about how Healthgrades measuresHospital Quality.

Sarasota Memorial Hospital