Dr. Anna Vanderheiden, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism ·  Female · Age 47

Dr. Vanderheiden

Providence Thyroid, Endocrinology and Diabetes Clinic

405 Londonderry Dr Ste 310 Waco, TX 76712

Dr. Anna Vanderheiden, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Waco, TX and has been practicing for 4 years. She graduated from Ivano-Frankivsk State Medical Academy in 1999 and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism and internal medicine.

Dr. Vanderheiden accepts

Dr. Vanderheiden accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
HealthSmart
Medicaid
Scott & White Health Plan
Tricare

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Vanderheiden's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Vanderheiden's Top Procedures and Conditions

Diabetes With Renal Manifestations

Dr. Vanderheiden treats Diabetes With Renal Manifestations more than 99% of her peers

Dr. Vanderheiden treats this condition more than 99% of her peers

• Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Overweight

4.761904761904762%

Dr. Vanderheiden?
Dr. Vanderheiden's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Anna Vanderheiden, MD
Dr VanderHeiden is an excellent Dr. She is patient and answers questions clearly. Her staff is efficient and friendly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Vanderheiden, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Vanderheiden since I moved to Waco 3+ years ago. I also see several other doctors -- primary care, etc. I thought I had the best Endocronolist ever in Tyler, Texas but Dr. Vanderheiden is the best doctor I have ever seen. I'm 76 years old so thats quit a few doctors. She is very professional yet very down-to-earth. She is always available and I feel as if she really does care. I see her for diabetes yet she is concerned for my over-all health. Her staff is also over-the-top. I never dread seeing her even when my sugar is out-of-control. She never lectures and wants to help you obtain better control. She's the best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Vanderheiden, MD?
Dr. Vanderheiden is the best Doctor I have ever been to. My diabetes had been uncontrolled for over 20 years. I felt hopeless. Within days of my visit and following her directions my blood sugars were within normal range for the first time ever and have remained there for two years now. Her professionalism and positive demeanor set the tone for the entire office. Everyone that works there is a joy to be around.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Vanderheiden, MD?
My visit with Dr. Vanderheiden was FANTASTIC! I will have to say, I have seen numerous Doctors in my time and Dr. Vanderheiden is beyond different in a VERY GOOD WAY!! I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Vanderheiden to anyone who has issues with Thyroid. I been through few Doc’s before I seen Dr. Vanderheiden and when I seen Dr. V, she right away resolved what needed to be done for me. Very caring and shows concern. MUST SEE !!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Vanderheiden, MD?
I am so happy with the care I have been receiving from Dr VanderHeiden. It has been years since I have been to such an outstanding endocrinologist. I have diabetes that has been out of control for quite sometime. There was no judgement from her at all. She just wanted to get me on the right page. The medication she prescribed have truly turned my struggles around. She is very thorough, informative & kind. I have recommend her to several people.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Vanderheiden, MD?
I saw her for the first time at the end of January. The entire staff and Dr Vanderheiden were wonderful. She listened to my concerns, ordered test to figure out what was going on and even addressed my other concerns. I had my results the next day and a new RX called in that afternoon. They’ve also answered more questions via email promptly as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Vanderheiden, MD?
1 VERY HAPPY PERSON!! Been seeing dr. V. little over 6 monthes now , like I have found a new best friend. She will talk to you in laymans talk.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Vanderheiden, MD?
I've had long-term thyroid issues which have not been effectively addressed. I am also of peri-menopause age; it has been challenging to address and differentiate both issues. She is patient and takes time to listen, to examine and evaluate, doesn't overmedicate.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Vanderheiden, MD?
Dr. Vanderheiden was excellent. Very straight forward! Explained condition, medication etc. thoroughly. Explained things in clear, helpful and necessary way!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Vanderheiden, MD?
I've been using Dr. V for several years now, she is EXCELLENT! Thanks to Dr. V, my type 1 diabetes is under the best control now!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Vanderheiden, MD?
Dr. VanderHeiden provides first-class medical care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Vanderheiden, MD?
Very able and extremely nice physician and office staff. They make you feel very comfortable and are very understanding and helpful. The doctor is thorough and actually examines YOU!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Vanderheiden, MD?
I just this afternoon recommended Dr. VanderHeiden to a lady who is not happy with her doctor. I am blessed to have Dr. VanderHeiden for my endocrinologist, She is kind, competent and very smart.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Vanderheiden, MD?
My diabetes was out of control, after a few visits, my diabetic condition has made GREAT improvements.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Vanderheiden, MD?
Dr. Vanderheiden is one of the most professional, knowledgeable, and kind people I have ever met. After many years of unanswered doctor’s visits, Dr. Vanderheiden was able to tell me exactly what was going on within my body and provide me with ways to manage my disease as well as lifelong solutions to care for my body from the inside out with the help of medications, the proper diet, and exercise. After years of wondering what was wrong, she helped me understand what was going on with my body.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Vanderheiden, MD?
Very thorough, and is very easy to understand. She takes the time to review everything before she walks into an appointment and knows whats going on when she walks in. She spent the time with us to help us understand everything. She also pointed out and rectified some discrepancies on pathology that were both confusing and somewhat alarming. Her nurse is great and the rest of the office staff were very helpful, considerate, and thoughtful in setting up future tests and appointments
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Vanderheiden, MD?
I've been type I diabetic for 27 years. In that time I have had 6 endocrinologists. Dr. Vanderheiden is by far the best, in terms of her knowledge, her dedication to her patients, and her desire to be a partner in my diabetes care. She explains everything she does, answers all of my questions, encourages me, and is patient with me when I've had a setback. I love having a great doctor, but I really appreciate having a great friend and partner in my healthcare.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Vanderheiden, MD?
She is the best Endocrinologist that I have seen and of course the only one that I have seen for my Thyroid problem. She is very kind, caring, listens to her patients, and takes her time with patients. I would recommend her to anyone that is looking for an Endocrinology. Thanks Dr. VanderHeiden for all your help and what you do.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Vanderheiden, MD?
This Dr. will not see new patients without a referral from an existing doctor even when insurance does not require one. They were not helpful. I have a high deductible insurance plan and am not going to waste money going to a PCM for something I need to see a specialist for considering this is a condition I have dealt with for over a decade. I don't need to see a PCM who can't help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Vanderheiden, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Vanderheiden?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Vanderheiden treats patients.