Dr. Anna Filova, MD

PsychiatryFemaleAge 54

Psychiatry

Dr. Anna Filova, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Harrison, NY. She is affiliated with medical facilities Mount Sinai Hospital and Mount Sinai Hospital. Her office is not accepting new patients.

Dr. Anna Filova, MD
275 North St Harrison, NY 10528 ()

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Dr. Filova performs Psychological Evaluation more than 80% of her peers

Psychiatric Evaluation

Dr. Filova performs Psychiatric Evaluation more than 80% of her peers

Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Filova performs Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery more than 80% of her peers

Dr. Filova's conditions and procedures:

• Anorexia
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Detoxification Evaluation
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychological Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

Dr. Filova accepts

Dr. Filova accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth

Dr. Filova's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Filova

3.7

Dr. Filova

I saw Dr. Filova when I was at a particularly vulnerable point in my life and she treated me with such dismissiveness and disdain that I remember feeling like it was just further affirmation of my worthlessness. Now, after having had a while to heal, I can see how awful she truly was. She was judgmental and rude, would not commit to filling out paperwork that I desperately needed her to fill out, routinely reminded me she couldn't be responsible for checking her fax machine weekly, and could not hide her contempt for my issues (and perhaps my reaction to such issues)? I found a much kinder doctor and I write this review to save anyone else from seeking Dr. Filova out for help. I also had multiple appointments with her, so I know it was not just her having an off day. She lacks the compassion and empathy to work with folks who are struggling. She should be in therapy to address why she feels so superior to those she should be helping and providing a service to. Just a shame.
Dec 08, 2020
Dear Patient, I feel really sorry to hear about...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Filova, MD?
Excellent. She's been my Psychiatrist for close to a decade & consistently provides sound advice. Her acute knowledge of psychopharmacology coupled with a sensitivity to both the emotional and situational standing of her patients sets her apart from other Psychiatrists I've gone to in the past. The quality I respect most about Dr. Filova is her collaborative approach. Any titration of medicine is guided by our conversations. Should she feel the need to introduce something new, she takes the time to thoroughly educate me about her suggestion down to its molecular level. If & only if I feel comfortable incorporating it into my routine, she will prescribe it. If there is a side-effect I'm not keen to experience, she will propose something else. If she feels strongly about something, she takes the time to explain her reasoning and always offers a contingency plan. I'll often email her a couple weeks in to a new rx to update her on its effects. Dr. Filova has proven herself invaluable.
Apr 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Filova, MD?
Dr. Filova tells the you truth you need to hear, but not unkindly. When you are having a tough time, she responds with compassion and is very attentive.
Apr 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Filova, MD?
I would never recommend this psychiatrist to anyone. She basically invalidated my feelings, never askes me useful or relevant questions except surface level questions before writing me prescriptions, and she forgets my appointments but places the blame on the patient for that. If you want compassionate care, look elsewhere. If you want a physician that will provide nuanced care specific to you, look elsewhere. If you want to be respected and treated with dignity, do not visit this doctor. If y
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
Disappointed Patient in New York – Mar 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Filova, MD?
Regularly rude, late and lacks any thoughtfulness. She has the background and knowledge for how to help but the application simply isn't there. Dr. Filova is an awful communicator and a poor listener. I wouldn't recommend her to anyone unless the person was in dire need of help and they had no one else to see. Nasty and unprofessional are not part of the job description. I wish I had never met her. Please find help elsewhere.
  • Appointment was rushed
Alex in New York, NY – Jun 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Filova, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Filova for approximately 8 years and she is one of the best psychologists that I have found in New York City
Apr 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Filova, MD?
Dr. Filova is extremely professional & has lower rates than most top-notch drs. She was recommended, & I’ve been seeing her for c. 3 yrs. Your reg appt will be more than the typical 10–15 med mngmnt session; it also includes therapy. No annoying “our time’s up” either. Insurance Note: Dr. Filova is not in-network; however, if you have out-of-network benefits, you should be reimbursed for some/most.
kim s in new york, ny – Apr 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Filova, MD?
Dr Filova has been my doctor for the past 8 years. She is the utmost professional. With my visits along with medications i have my life back. When we began my visits were twice weekly. For the last year or more my visits are every three months. That alone should tell you what an amazing doctor she is.
Cindy in New York, NY10019 – Sep 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Filova, MD?
Dr. Filova has basically helped me change my life; more than that, I believe she has saved my life. I began seeing her in mid-life and, over the past 4-years, she has truly helped me become more of the person I want to be. I work hard with her...and she appears to work hard with me. My wife and I agree that it has been a blessing for me to have found Dr. Filova and, obviously, I recommend her highly!
David Leonard in Bronx, NY – Apr 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Filova, MD?
Most horrible experience. A person who didn't understand the problem, gave a wrong diagnosis and treatment. Lacks expertise in many areas. Negligent to communicate.
Brooklyn, NY – Mar 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Filova, MD?
Dr. Filova is the best doctor I have ever had. I came to her for help with depression and a lifelong eating disorder and she has helped me change my feelings and my behavior. I always feel like a person when I visit her, rather than just a "patient." I know she truly cares about my well-being. She has a proactive approach and she loves to help with concrete ideas to try. I am so thankful I found her, and I absolutely give her my highest recommendation.
Scarsdale, NY – Feb 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Filova, MD?
Great experience! Got all the help I needed, in a most professional and timely manner. Doctor Filova provided me with confident, competent and compassionate care.
Bronx, NY – Jan 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anna Filova, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Filova?