Dr. Ann Groover, MD

Psychiatry | Female

The Groover Clinic, LLC 2945 Miller Ferry Rd SW Ste D Calhoun, GA 30701 Get Directions
Dr. Ann Groover, MD
Dr. Ann Groover, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Calhoun, GA. She is 56 years old and has been practicing for 27 years.

Dr. Groover's Care Philosophy

I believe in incorporating the biological, psychological, social and spiritual aspects of an individual's care to relieve suffering and improve quality of life, while Integrating education, psychotherapy, lifestyle management, and medications. I believe in utilizing multiple modalities of care in order to minimize the amount of medication as much as possible, with the primary goals of treating mental and emotional diseases effectively and increasing individual wellness.

Dr. Groover's Experience

See how Dr. Groover's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Groover

Dr. Groover accepts 11 insurance carriers

Dr. Groover is now accepting new patients

Dr. Groover's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Groover to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Groover Says:

Patient feedback is very important to me. My staff and I appreciate comments that allow us to understand the patient's experience and help us to shape our office policies and practices to improve patient satisfaction.

Dr. Groover's Performance
in Dalton, GA |
I was referred to this clinic by my neurologist. I was referred 3 weeks ago, never received any info. I called today to make an appt and was told I could not make one until they received the packet. They will not mail another one b/c it is to expensive and are booking 3 months out. The girl. said she would email it to me but I would have to bring it in and then they would schedule me. I work 5 days a week and it will be hard for me to get the packet back. Jumping hoops is not the the help i need
Atlanta, GA |
Rude and pushy. I would leave feeling worse than I did when I got there.
in Calhoun, GA |
Dr. Groover is obviously a very educated professional. However, I've noticed many times that she gets easily frustrated if you can't appropriately explain feelings or emotions in a way that she can understand. She has a very strong personality and I have been brought to tears many times due to her harsh responses. She also has a tendency to discontinue medication if you have questions and concerns about the effectiveness and side effects of treatment. She is also in an obvious hurry to be done.
Stone Mountain, GA |
I waited over a month to get in. The person I saw said she would call me back that day or the following day after my neurologist appointment. She never called. Even after several attempts at trying to get a hold of someone. They finally said, they could not help me unless I made another appointment. I spent every last penny I have for the appt. And will not have anything extra for a while. It's very disappointing.
in Cedartown, Ga. |
Nurse practitioner is great. Totally trust her. I do have a hard time getting prescriptions fille, even though I've never missed a appointment.
in Rome, GA |
I have several reasons to not care for this clinic. 1 never saw Groover. 2 put on medications that caused hallucinations, weight gain, excessive thirst but the Clinic was not concerned. 3 they never called with blood work results (this was 3 weeks ago). 4 had to be checked into a mental health hospital to be put on the right drugs and because my family Dr was freaked out about all the issues with point 2. I would go on but I'm out of text space.
in Calhoun, Ga |
I saw the NP whom had the personality of a block of wood. Very cold and " blah". Wouldn't prescribe the only medicine that has helped me for 20 yrs and gave no specific reason why. Claimed she wasn't " convinced I really took the medication " because the pee in a cup drug test they surprise new patients with was clean. She instead insisted i try one of the new strong , expensive drugs that the pharm companies are pushing. Staff is very unprofessional. 5 weeks to get an urgent appointment.
Rome, GA |
I only saw Dr. Groover herslef once, but I saw her NP MeriDee many times. Neither of them seem particularly good at listening or even recording basic information. Things I had disclosed many times were repeatedly ignored, one incident of which sent me to the hospital. They're fine people if you're looking for basic care.
in Calhoun, GA |
I love Dr. Groover! She saved me and my entire family when we were falling apart. She is the most honest and caring physician that I have ever spoken with. The waiting can sometimes be difficult, but after being the cause for that when she worked my son in after an emergency, I completely understand it. She always spends plenty of time and energy discussing things with me and making sure I completely understand her recommendations. She also has a few wonderful new employees. 5 stars!
in Calhoun, Georgia |
Have always had a good experience with doctor Groover. Couldn't say anything bad about her. Because of her I am a stable productive member of society.
in Calhoun, Ga |
This doctor is not professional. she gets angry quickly especially if you disagree with her. she called me names if I had a different opinion. She argued with me for over an hour, made a snap diagnosis after asking me one question. sHe kept trying to get me to take medicines I Hadn't done well with. I left there stunned a doctor, especially a psych doc would treat me in such a hurtful way. I would not recommend my enemies to her much less family or friends. Run away from this woman!
Have you seen Dr. Ann Groover, MD?
Are you Dr. Groover?

Compare Dr. Groover

Dr. Groover's Care Philosophy

Dr. Groover says...

I have 21 years of full time general psychiatric practice, caring for ages 5 years to 99 years with extensive experience in treating mood disorders, psychotic disorders, anxiety disorders, dementia, emotional trauma, ADHD, and developmental disorders.

Dr. Groover says...

Dr. Groover's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry

Dr. Groover has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Groover's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Bulimia
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Confusion
  • Conversion Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis

University Of Alabama At Birmingham

Completed in 1994

Oglethorpe University

Graduated in 1983

Dr. Groover does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Groover and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry
  • Adult & Pediatric Psychiatry
  • Depression

• Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services