Dr. Ann Groover, MD

Dr. Ann Groover, MD

Psychiatry  |
Dr. Ann Groover, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Calhoun, GA. She is 56 years old and has been practicing for 27 years.

2945 Miller Ferry Rd SW Ste D

Calhoun, GA 30701

• Alliant Health Plans
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Groover

See how frequently Dr. Groover performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Bipolar Disorder
ADHD and-or ADD
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)

Dr. Groover's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Groover "I believe in incorporating the biological, psychological, social and spiritual aspects of an individual's care to relieve suffering and improve quality of life, while Integrating education, psychotherapy, lifestyle management, and medications. I believe in utilizing multiple modalities of care in order to minimize the amount of medication as much as possible, with the primary goals of treating mental and emotional diseases effectively and increasing individual wellness. "

• Psychiatry
  • Adult & Pediatric Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Bulimia
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Confusion
  • Conversion Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis
  • Somatoform Disorders
  • Speech, Language and Learning Disorders
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Medication Management
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Psychotherapy for Crisis
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Oglethorpe University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1983
  • University South Florida College Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
  • University Of Alabama At Birmingham
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Groover has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Groover does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Groover and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Groover's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Groover to family and friends
2.7
Dr. Groover Says:

Patient feedback is very important to me. My staff and I appreciate comments that allow us to understand the patient's experience and help us to shape our office policies and practices to improve patient satisfaction.

Dr. Groover's Performance
in Dalton, GA |
I saw this lady a few times. I heard her tell her nurse to hurry that she needs to go. I was having side effects from the medication she prescribed. She became very upset and rude. She discontinued all of my meds and put me on a diet. Now I am a wreck. Please do not go to this doctor. You will experience nothing but negligence and sarcasm.
in Dalton, GA |
I was referred to this clinic by my neurologist. I was referred 3 weeks ago, never received any info. I called today to make an appt and was told I could not make one until they received the packet. They will not mail another one b/c it is to expensive and are booking 3 months out. The girl. said she would email it to me but I would have to bring it in and then they would schedule me. I work 5 days a week and it will be hard for me to get the packet back. Jumping hoops is not the the help i need
Atlanta, GA |
Rude and pushy. I would leave feeling worse than I did when I got there.
Stone Mountain, GA |
I waited over a month to get in. The person I saw said she would call me back that day or the following day after my neurologist appointment. She never called. Even after several attempts at trying to get a hold of someone. They finally said, they could not help me unless I made another appointment. I spent every last penny I have for the appt. And will not have anything extra for a while. It's very disappointing.
in Cedartown, Ga. |
Nurse practitioner is great. Totally trust her. I do have a hard time getting prescriptions fille, even though I've never missed a appointment.
in Rome, GA |
I have several reasons to not care for this clinic. 1 never saw Groover. 2 put on medications that caused hallucinations, weight gain, excessive thirst but the Clinic was not concerned. 3 they never called with blood work results (this was 3 weeks ago). 4 had to be checked into a mental health hospital to be put on the right drugs and because my family Dr was freaked out about all the issues with point 2. I would go on but I'm out of text space.
in Calhoun, Ga |
I saw the NP whom had the personality of a block of wood. Very cold and " blah". Wouldn't prescribe the only medicine that has helped me for 20 yrs and gave no specific reason why. Claimed she wasn't " convinced I really took the medication " because the pee in a cup drug test they surprise new patients with was clean. She instead insisted i try one of the new strong , expensive drugs that the pharm companies are pushing. Staff is very unprofessional. 5 weeks to get an urgent appointment.
Rome, GA |
I only saw Dr. Groover herslef once, but I saw her NP MeriDee many times. Neither of them seem particularly good at listening or even recording basic information. Things I had disclosed many times were repeatedly ignored, one incident of which sent me to the hospital. They're fine people if you're looking for basic care.
in Calhoun, GA |
I love Dr. Groover! She saved me and my entire family when we were falling apart. She is the most honest and caring physician that I have ever spoken with. The waiting can sometimes be difficult, but after being the cause for that when she worked my son in after an emergency, I completely understand it. She always spends plenty of time and energy discussing things with me and making sure I completely understand her recommendations. She also has a few wonderful new employees. 5 stars!
in Calhoun, Georgia |
Have always had a good experience with doctor Groover. Couldn't say anything bad about her. Because of her I am a stable productive member of society.
in Calhoun, Ga |
This doctor is not professional. she gets angry quickly especially if you disagree with her. she called me names if I had a different opinion. She argued with me for over an hour, made a snap diagnosis after asking me one question. sHe kept trying to get me to take medicines I Hadn't done well with. I left there stunned a doctor, especially a psych doc would treat me in such a hurtful way. I would not recommend my enemies to her much less family or friends. Run away from this woman!
Have you seen Dr. Ann Groover, MD?
Are you Dr. Groover?