Dr. Ankur Khosla, MD

Pain MedicineMaleAge 41

Pain Medicine

Dr. Ankur Khosla, MD is a Pain Medicine Specialist in The Woodlands, TX. He is affiliated with medical facilities Hospital For Special Surgery and Memorial Hermann Northwest Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Ankur Khosla, MD

University Pain Associates

10020 Research Forest Dr The Woodlands, TX 77354
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Pain Medicine Specialists

Compare Dr. Khosla with our nearby Pain Medicine Specialists at HCA Houston Healthcare North Cypress.

Make an appointment at HCA Houston Healthcare North Cypress today at (281) 417-4665.

These providers are on the medical staff of HCA Houston Healthcare North Cypress.

Dr. Khosla's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Khosla

4.1

Dr. Khosla

A friend of mine saw this physician regarding back pain issues. Dr. Khosla ordered a CT scan of my friend’s spine and told him to come back for a follow-up appointment in three months. At the follow-up appointment the Physician Assistant (NOT Dr. Khosla) told my friend that he had a lesion on his spine. Dr. Khosla was a coward and would not deliver the news himself. The worst part is that they didn’t look at the CT scan until the day before the appointment. Mos physicians get the CT scans, MRI’s, etc. read/interpreted ASAP. Good, caring physicians DO NOT wait 89 days to read/interpret a CT scan. My friend passed away from Metastatic Melanoma 10 months later. Had Dr. Khosla cares about his patient he would not have waited three months to look at my friend’s CT scan. Those three months most likely would’ve bought my friend many more months of life, if not years or even remission. Rest assured Khosla, you have been reported, by multiple people, to the Texas Medical Board.
Peter – Jan 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ankur Khosla, MD?
Dr. Khosla did several spinal cord procedures on me starting with correcting another doctor’s misplacement of a SCI. He also placed a DRG on my S-1. At first; he was very compassionate and understanding. This all changed after the last procedure where a lead from the SCI had to be cut off because it was embedded in scar tissue. His demeanor towards me changed 360; interrupting me, watching the clock, not being forthright in providing complete and valuable information, dismissive to the point of physically leading me out of his office. Totally unprofessional and rude. He acted very put out by my presence. In afterthought; it now makes me wonder what really happened during the last procedure. I shall never know because I cannot trust him anymore. Additionally; I left the U.S. because of so much harm by doctors and dentists. There is better health care options, for many patients, outside of the U.S., which is no longer highly regarded in comparison to the rest of the world .
  • Long wait times
Shelton Susan – Feb 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ankur Khosla, MD?
It was my first visit, he barely checked my chart. I felt like he was in rush. He didn't explain my diagnose/conditions , just scheduled me for injections.
Nov 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ankur Khosla, MD?
3 1/2 months of treatment and he caused more pain and additional damage than he managed. Maybe a months Worth of pain medication over this period which I wasn’t concerned with but when he caused me to experience difficulties standing and walking without extreme pain and refused pain medication only giving anti inflammatory meds, which didn’t work before wanting to give additional injections. Enough is enough cancelled remaining appointments. Only seen him once with the exception of procedure times.
D. Davis – Oct 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ankur Khosla, MD?
First meeting was very informative and covered all my questions.
Eric Greenfield – Sep 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ankur Khosla, MD?
He did not hear me out, kept interrupting me. Was very rude and acted like he did not want me as a patient, and the whole God-complex, unless I agreed to a very intensive procedure on the first visit. Would never recommend this Dr to anyone.
Mar 11, 2020
Professional and friendly. Excellent doctor
P Brod – Jan 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ankur Khosla, MD?
Dr Khosla has helped me this past 3 years in controlling my sciatica pain on both. I cannot day enough about his professionalism, compassion, and true concern for his patients. He is a physician who truly cares and it shows in his treatments.
Barbara Hasara – Dec 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ankur Khosla, MD?
Dr Khosla has helped me manage my pain
Nov 13, 2019
Excelente and profesional
Erika Pantoja – Oct 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ankur Khosla, MD?
He is a amazing doctor. I was almost pain free. After my steroid injection. Thanks so much. I hope that you can make me pain free for good.
Renitta Powell – Oct 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ankur Khosla, MD?
I went to Dr. Khosla for a follow up appointment. He was rude and condescending. He did not show concern nor intrest in my medical problem. When I began to explain how my health was, without him asking, he cut me off to say he “got it”. Dr. Khosla is the rudest doctor I have ever been to, his bed side manner is atrocious.
Sep 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ankur Khosla, MD?
Dr. Khosla is an awesome doctor! He listens and genuinely cares about his patients and the pain we are experiencing. His friendliness and his wealth of knowledge and professionalism has given me and my family a great sense of relief that I’m receiving the best care in Houston for chronic pain I suffer with daily. Thank you Dr. Khosla, you and your incredible staff are amazing and my family and I thank you for helping me to have way more good days then bad days with this chronic pain that I’ve have to suffer with for almost 30 years now.
Sarah Price – Jul 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ankur Khosla, MD?
Very bad experience. He is the rudest, most egotistical doctor I have ever gone too. AND his staff is no better. After waiting more than eight days, 3 phone calls going to voicemail and still no approval for a prescription which he ordered, I was then told that "he doesn't do prior authorizations" for medicines because he's too busy. No return phone call and had to ask if he could possibly prescribe something.... Which he did 2 days later and this to required a prior authorization. Bottom line.... 2 weeks later and still no prescription. Caudal epidural performed at a wonderful surgery center and I have never been spoken to in such a rude manner as this doctor did. I had to ask the nurse if she could find him after my procedure as I had a couple questions. P It was witnessed by 2 other people in the room and they were both absolutely appalled. Will not go to him for necessary follow up exam or ever go to him again.
Jul 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ankur Khosla, MD?
Worst experience of my life. I would not refer anyone I care about to this doctor or his partner, Dr. Yancey. They are out to make a fast dollar, do not care about their patients, and their staff is just as rude as they are. These two doctors will seriously injure someone one day. Careless, and moving too fast. They push more and more injections regardless of whether they are working or not. If there are complications, they don't want to hear about it and do nothing to help.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
The Woodlands , TX – Jan 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ankur Khosla, MD?
Dr. Khosla treated me for neck and shoulder pain using two injection procedures over a months time. The procedures were painless and brought immediate relief. I am in my late 50s and did not know this kind of pain management "technology" existed, but was thrilled to find the help. I couldn't have been more pleased with Dr. Khosla and his colleague Dr. Yancy. I highly recommend them.
Apr 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ankur Khosla, MD?
I came to Dr khosla after 3 years of severe back pain and 3 failed back surgeries. He was the 1st Dr I've ever had to really try to treat my pain and try to find the ptoblem. I now have a spinal cord stimulator which has saved my life. He is the best Dr in Texas ill never go anywhere else. Honest trustworthy and geniounly cares for his patients
Beth in Conroe – Feb 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ankur Khosla, MD?
Had a referral from my RA dr and saw Dr Khosla in Nov 2017. I was rushed through the office visit and told I needed an MRI and if the MRI showed edema insurance would pay for kyphoplasty procedure. Never heard from the dr so iI got a copy of the MRI report and stated no edema. Guess he realized insurance wouldn’t pay so I was never contacted about the results. To tell the truth, something told me I shouldn’t let this dr touch my spine at all. Soooooo glad I didn’t. Would never refer anyone eve
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Houston, TX – Dec 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ankur Khosla, MD?
I think he's a good dr., however I am in severe pain and he can't give me anything more than over the counter, I have fought this pain so long, I came here and have not received the result's I expected. I understand that they have rules about pain medicine. I had the nerve root blocks and have actually not changed, if anything its worse. What should I do...I can't hardly walk when I do I wobble. Maybe someone had similar problems. I am really suffering! Dr only has 1 appt. time does not work
Joan Osborne in Kingwood , TX – Nov 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ankur Khosla, MD?
He is very caring and honest! He really listens, and takes time with his patients! His s staff is very friendly and professional!
Courtney C in Spring, TX – Jul 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ankur Khosla, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Khosla?