Orthopedic Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Anjan Kaushik, MD
Specializing in Hand & Upper Extremity and Foot & Ankle care, I strive to help patients recover from a broad variety of limb conditions, from the fingertips to the toes. I chose to practice Orthopaedic hand & upper extremity surgery and foot & ankle surgery because the treatments (both nonsurgical and surgical) are directly impactful in getting patients back to using their hands, arms, and feet effectively in their occupations, athletic sports, and leisure activities. I am fairly conservative in my treatment approach and try to maximize non-operative options before offering surgery. If surgical treatment is warranted, however, I give patients an honest, evidence-based outlook in regards to the expected outcomes, rehabilitation plans, and time needed to return to activities. I am fully Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery. Thank you for taking the time to read this information.

Hancock Orthopedics

1 Memorial Sq Ste 2100

Greenfield, IN 46140

Dr. Anjan Kaushik, MD

• Advantage Care Network (ACN)
  • Anthem
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • CareSource
  • CorVel
  • Encore
  • Flora Midwest (PPOM)
  • Lutheran Preferred
  • MDwise

Learn about Dr. Kaushik

My philosophy is centered around kindness and compassion while offering detailed attention to my patients' problems, not only for the orthopedic issues at hand, but also for the patient as a whole.  For all patients that walk into my office, I try to learn about their backgrounds, occupations, and activities or hobbies that they enjoy doing with their hands and feet.

Dr. Kaushik's Experience

Dr. Kaushik's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Foot Injuries
  • Foot and Ankle Disorders
  • Foot and Ankle Injuries
  • Forearm Injuries
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hand Neuropathy
  • Hand Pain
  • Heel Pain
  • Kienbock's Disease
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Morton's Neuroma

• Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Foot and Ankle Reconstruction
  • Foot and Ankle Surgery
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Hammer Toe Repair
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Ligament Reconstruction
  • Wrist Reconstruction
  • Wrist Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• University Of Wisconsin-Madison
  • University Of Rochester Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2015
  • University Of Iowa Hospital and Clinics
    Other Education | Completed 2007

Dr. Kaushik has no media or publications listed.

• French
  • Kannada

Dr. Kaushik does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kaushik and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kaushik's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kaushik to family and friends
Dr. Kaushik Says:

I wish to express my thanks to all of the patients who have given feedback on this site.  I hope that you all continue to do well after treatment.

Dr. Kaushik's Performance
in Greenfield, IN |
Absolutely impressed by Dr. Kaushik's surgical ability and degree of caring. He was very accurate in is diagnosis of my hook of hamate fracture and took the time necessary to explain what had happened and the best option to correcting this problem. The surgery was flawless and completed in a most expert manner. What I did not expect was a call from him a week after the surgery to ask how I was doing. This meant a lot to me. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Kaushik to my family and friends.
Anderson, IN |
I was referred to Dr. Kaushik from the hospital emergency dept. after injuring my achilles tendon. I found him to be an excellent surgeon with a great bedside manner and would highly recommend him. The entire staff was friendly and helpful.
in Greenfield, IN |
I had to see Dr. Kaushik for my right shoulder just months after I had had rib reconstruction and lung surgery. I was in a lot of pain and he was absolutely awesome. Not only was he extremely knowledgeable regarding his field of specialty, he was also very patient with me and my fears. He called me the night before my surgery and provided me with his personal number if I had any questions since it was a weekend. I would definitely recommend him to anyone and everyone. Totally impressed!
in Greenfield, IN |
Dr Kaushik was my surgeon during Carpel Tunnel and a Ganglion Cyst removal from my wrist. Dr and his staff were always very professional and pleasant to talk to. He explained everything to me prior to my procedure, and all went as planned. I would recommend him to friends and family should they have the need for an Ortho. Surgeon.
in Greenfield, IN |
Dr. Kaushik is wonderful and caring. I had CTS surgery and he did a fantastic job. He was very comforting and helped ease my nerves. He even called me at home a couple of days later himself. Outstanding. I highly recommend him.
in Greenfield, IN |
I would highly recommend Dr. Kaushik, he is extremely professional and upfront. He gives you the sense of comfort and care you need, and explains your situation in the way you can understand. He is very courteous and compassionate, a very good Doctor and surgeon.
in Gwynneville, IN |
Dr. Kaushik explained my condition clearly and what the options were for trying to manage the pain. Ultimately the only real solution was surgery. I felt confident going in that I knew what to expect during recovery and physical therapy. I feel like I got a great result and am happy with the outcome. I would definitely go to Dr. Kaushik if surgery becomes necessary on my other hand.
in Indianapolis, IN |
From the very beginning I sensed a person who was concerned about my broken fibula. He listens and takes the time to answer your questions. I found that he presented me with options and seemed to respect my choices. I would definitely recommend Dr. Kaushik to my friends and family. Also, his staff was extremely helpful and skilled at putting on the cast and removing it for X-ray follow ups. Dr. Kaushik is also able to add value to what the radiologist sees with his clinical experience.
in Greenfield, IN |
Dr . Kaushik is a very good doctor he and his staff took very good care of me before and after the surgery.
in Greenfield, IN |
After breaking my pinky finger on my left hand Dr.Kaushik's office got me in within 2-3 days for xrays a cast and a treatment plan on correction without surgery. Did a amazing job resetting the broke finger and explaining the condition. Great Doctor, with friendly staff.
in Richmond, IN |
I cannot believe the excellent results the doctor's work--needle aponeurotomy for the Dupuytren's contracture in my left hand (even had to check to make sure it was the left hand--that is how good the minor surgery went!).
Fortville, IN |
I had hand surgery to repair some tendons. Dr. Kaushik was polite, very informative, and answered every question I had. My surgery went well, he explained everything in great detail to my wife while I was recovering from being put under. I'm not a huge fan of doctors, but this doctor impressed me with his professionalism. He made me feel like he actually cared about my situation, I feel like that's something that has faded from the medical field. JD
in Shirley, IN |
Dr. Kaushik was great with my pre/post & operation appointments and care. He was very thorough & explained all the specifics & details about what to expect & what all the outcome options could be. He took the time to answer any question I had, has a people orientated personality, showed care and concern for my feelings and even spent time with my husband and mother answering their questions as well. I would definitely contact Dr. Kaushik in the future and would recommend him to anyone!
in Centerville, IN |
Dr Kaushik just recently did SX on my left wrist for STT joint arthritis. Very professional, knowledgeable, and confident. He did an amazing job explaining exactly what he was going to do, even drew it out for me. He also kept my husband very informed about procedure, and process. Besides first day post op pain, being horrible, which doc said it would be, everything has been as expected.. Getting better day by day.. I would highly recommend Dr Kaushik..
in Indianapolis, IN |
He has excellent bedside manner. He is caring but very skilled as a surgeon also. He called me at home to check on me on a late Sunday night.He is very respectful and down to earth. He is thorough and spends plenty of time with each patient.
in New Palestine, IN 46163 |
Impressed with Dr. Kaushik, super guy. He is very good, very knowledgeable, and did a great job making my hand useable again!!
in Greenfield, IN |
Dr. Kaushik was listened closely to my symptoms and quickly diagnosed the problem. He clearly explained the problem and how surgery would resolve the issue. He detailed the process and clearly explained all risks associated with the surgery. Prior to surgery he checked in with me to make sure I had no questions. Dr. Kaushik also called me at home after surgery to ensure everything was ok. Overall, Dr. Kaushik and his staff treated me like I was family. I highly recommend him as a doctor!!
in New Castle |
Very nice and informative of all of our questions. Great@what he does!
in Greenfield, In |
My husband partially amputated his thumb in July. Dr. Kaushik was very professional and put our minds at ease that he would do everything to save my husbands thumb. My husband really loves the Dr and his nurse Amy. Thank you so much for all your help.
in Greenfield, IN |
My condition and treatment options were thoroughly explained. My surgery went well. Dr. Kaushik and all of the staff at the office were very friendly and professional. The surgical staff made me feel very comfortable with the surgery. Everything went well and I am pleased with the results.
in green field IN |
he is good doctor he nice really good to
in Greenfield, IN |
Dr Kaushik is very concerned of the patient and ensures they all aspects and options regarding their situation. He listens and and works towards making the patient at ease.
in New Castle,In |
I cut my forearm with a chainsaw and had nerve and tendon damage,this doctor did surgery on my forearm and did one hell of a job,i have full movement in my arm and fingers,this doctor and his staff have my deepest thanks and i would recommend this doctor to anyone.Thank u Dr.Kaushik and staff u are the best. Terry L. Andrews
in Greenfield, IN |
Very comforting in explaining what the procedure would be and what he was going to do. Staff and doctor were very professional and friendly. Doctor called after surgery to see if I was doing ok, Never had a doctor to do this before, very caring. Would recommend DR. Kaushik to all friends and family.
in Greenfield, IN |
Dr. Kaushik and his staff have been wonderful to work with. Their care and compassion for the patients and community they serve is outstanding. I would recommend Dr. Kaushik in a heartbeat to anyone needing the services he offers.
in Rushville Indiana |
This doctor was a excellent and very professional and compansionate doctor.
in Greenfield, IN 46140 |
He was very kind and considerate. Answered all our questions. He drew sketch of injury, as well as the fix to the bone. He showed us the xrays. His staff is amazing as well. They did everything possible to answer questions and put us at ease.
in Greenfield, IN |
Dr. Kaushik actually cares and it come across in his demeanor. It's not just his job, it's the well being of you that is at the focal point.
in Losantville IN |
My 11 year old son broke his finger, and had to have surgery. Dr Kaushik was extremely kind and made him feel at ease. Best Dr. experience we have ever had.
in New castle , Indiana |
My daughter had a cyst removed off her wrist , We were very impressed with Dr. Kaushik , he answered all our questions and was so kind to us and our daughter , I would highly recommend him .
Anderson, IN |
Dr. Kaushik is kind, caring, compassionate and patient. He takes the time to explain and answer questions. He is awesome!
in Rushville Indiana |
Dr. Kaushik explained in detail what he was going to do in surgery. He asked for my input as well. He explained after surgery all that he had done. He gave me his private cell number in case there were any problems after I left the hospital. Unheard of in this day and age. I was and am very impressed with him and his work.
in New Castle Indiana |
He is a wonderful Doctor. Very kind and compassionate. He makes me feel so comfortable when I see him. I would recommend him to anyone I know.
in Greenfield IN |
The staff excellent, friendly. Dr. Kaushik is the best. He repaired my broken wrist and I came through with no problems and he called to check in on how I was doing, which was wonderful. Very personal and takes time to explain everything. All around good experience. Definitely would recommend him to everyone that needs a awesome orthopedic . If more doctors were like him I would definitely go more. I can't say enough about Dr. Kaushik and staff....just awesome!!!!!
in Greenfield, In |
Very good, explained everything.
in Rushville, IN |
Dr. Kaushik patient relation skills are amazing. Explains everything to you, you do not feel rushed. Great surgeon.
in Liberty, IN |
He listen to you explaining the problems you are having.
in Morristown,Indiana |
The best experiences I have had with an orthopedic surgeon.
in Greenfield, IN |
Dr. Kaushik saw my 8 year old son for his broken finger upon the recommendation of an occupational therapist friend of mine. I could not be happier with him! I would highly recommend him! He was very patient, took his time, very compassionate, and had a wonderful bedside manner. One of the best doctors that we have seen!!
in Greenfield, IN |
Dr. Kaushik cares about you as a whole, complete, person and not just your injury. He is competent and possesses a remarkable sense of empathy which makes one feel quite comfortable and relaxed. His appointments are not rushed and he's very thorough. He is an excellent surgeon and highly recommendable!
in RUSHVILLE, IN |
Dr. Kaushik is truly one of the finest orthopedic doctors ever. He performed surgery on my trigger finger. He was very thorough in his explanation of what was going to happen and was in contact with me throughout the entire surgery. The operation was successful and I would not hesitate to go to him if I ever need his services. Thank you Dr. Kaushik!! KEN STANLEY
in Greenfield Indiana |
Very professional and gentle. Very understanding and compassionate.
in Greenfield, IN |
Dr. Kaushik is exceptionally thorough and explained my problems in detail. He explained treatment options thoroughly with me. I am someone who asks a lot of questions and he was very patient in answering all of them. I am very particular in choosing my medical caregivers and I will not hesitate to go back to him and have recommended him to friends. Several days after my procedure he personally called me to see how I was doing.
in Knightstown, IN |
Dr. Kaushik explained the surgery and alternate routes if I preferred not to have the surgery. He answered all questions and made me feel at ease with my decision to have surgery. My arm has healed well with no complications and I feel that he did an excellent job. He takes time to listen to concerns and questions and is very knowledgeable.
in Greenfield, Indiana |
Dr.Kausik has preformed two surgery's on my right ankle it was an excellent experience from the first office visit to scheduling the surgery to post op. He thoroughly explained the surgery procedure and explained my exrays before and after. I was pleasantly surprised when Dr Kaushik personally called me to see how I was doing afterwards. I highly recommend him and his office staff.
in Mount Summit, IN |
My experience with Dr Kaushik was quite enjoyable. He was very much up front with me on my problem and the possible results from surgery. The surgery went very well and I feel that the results were actually better than anticipated.Needless to say, I hold Dr Kaushik in the highest esteem. He is very skilled, compassionate, easy to talk to and does not sugar coat the surgery being considered. That being said, I very highly recommend Dr Kaushik. He is VERY GOOD!
in Knightstown Indiana |
By far one of the best Dr. I have seen. His explanation of things was in terms a person could understand. He's beside manner was outstanding. You can tell he takes pride in his work,his compassion for his patients is just awesome!!! Highly recommend!
in Spiceland, IN |
Dr Kaushik is a very caring and compassionate doctor,he takes time to explain things to you and makes you feel comfortable. Plus he is just a very nice man. I would highly recommend him. Judy Weaver
in Batesville, IN |
He was really good, explained thing to where I could understand what he was going to be doing to my arm. Did not use words I did not understand when explaining. He had really good bedside manners. I would refer him to anyone.
in Greenfield, IN |
I've dealt with a few Doctors in my day but by far Dr.Kaushik is one of the best. To start with the day after surgery he calls me to see how i'm doing..not his staff he called..that's impressive.. And Dr.Kaushik and his staff are very professional , courteous and always smiling. I Highly recommend Dr.Kaushik he's a very good surgeon !
Have you seen Dr. Anjan Kaushik, MD?
Are you Dr. Kaushik?

Visit Dr. Kaushik

Dr. Kaushik accepts 21 insurance carriers
  • Advantage Care Network (ACN)
  • Anthem
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • CareSource
  • MDwise
  • PHCS
  • Sagamore Health Network
  • Savility
  • Southern Indiana Health Organization (SIHO)

Hospitals where Dr. Kaushik has admitting privileges