Dr. Anita Chaudhuri, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & MetabolismFemaleAge 56

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. Anita Chaudhuri, MD is an Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialist in Niagara Falls, NY and has over 23 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Chaudhuri has extensive experience in Thyroid Disorders and Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring. She graduated from State University of New York At Buffalo / School of Dental Medicine in 2000. She is affiliated with medical facilities such as Eastern Niagara Hospital - Lockport and Mount Saint Mary's Hospital And Health Center. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Anita Chaudhuri, MD

Chaudhuri & Chaudhuri MD PLC

4525 Witmer Rd Niagara Falls, NY 14305
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists

Compare Dr. Chaudhuri with our nearby Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists at Cleveland Clinic.

These providers are on the medical staff of Cleveland Clinic.

Dr. Chaudhuri's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Chaudhuri

2.9

I’ve been going to Dr. Chadhuri for 10+ years. She has always taken time to listen to me and offer her professional advise based off test results and what I tell her I am feeling. No two patients are the same and she treats you as an individual. I never feel rushed. She has been very helpful with offering suggestions on how to acquire my medications at the most affordable pricing. She asks that you follow her suggestions to optimize results. That is normal of any doctor. She cares and so does her NP. Ultimately folks we must take ownership of our own health. If you aren’t going to listen to your doctor how can she help you?
Carol G – Jul 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anita Chaudhuri, MD?
As others have said, she belittles. She has been very rude on the few occasions that I have seen her, rather than her NP. Both of them have done very little to help me with my diabetes. I need a dr who will fight for me, as I have several health problems. I requested the NP call me back earlier today, regarding a meter that she ordered for me. I was told that she would call, or if not, the person I spoke with would call me. Well, it's 8:10 pm..and I have heard nothing. I would definitely not recommend this practice.
Feb 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anita Chaudhuri, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Chaudhuri by my primary care doctor. I wished I wasn’t. I’ve only seen her three times and each time I’ve been belittled by either her or her nurse practitioner. They don’t listen to my concerns and they think they know how my body better than I do. Each visit they try and force another prescription down my throat, one that usually has to be taken with food. After me explaining for the hundredth time that I don’t eat enough food so it makes me sick, they tell me to cut the pills in half or to force myself to eat. They laugh at me because my weight doesn’t fit the mold of someone who barely eats. Every time i go in there I feel worse than before. I will not recommend Dr. Chaudhuri to anyone and I have plans to stop going myself!!!!
Jan 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anita Chaudhuri, MD?
My PCP referred me to Dr. Chauduri's office for follow up after findings of multiple thyroid nodules. Prior to my appointment I spoke to my PCP to have all test results faxed to Dr. Chauduri's office, my PCP confirmed they faxed the documents, and Dr. Chauduri's office confirmed they received the documents. I arrive to my scheduled appointment, completed my new patient paperwork, paid my 40 co-payment, was brought back to an exam room, then informed by the staff that they do not have any documents for my follow up. Dr. Chauduri then enters the exam room, proceeds to tell me it's my fault for being unprepared for the appointment, she belittled me. Said my PCP is incompetent, stated nodules are normal and that I have nothing to be worried about; without ever reviewing my results. I work in health care, and have never met a doctor as rude and unprofessional as Dr. Chauduri. I was charged inappropriately for a visit, in which her office deemed as services were provided; they were not.
Jan 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anita Chaudhuri, MD?
Dr. Chaudhuri is a caring professional. I never feel rushed during my appointment. I highly recommend her.
Susanb. – Apr 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anita Chaudhuri, MD?
As a Physician, I do not typically malign colleagues. However, Anita is the exception. I have treated several patients whereby she has instructed them to take alternate doses of Levothyroxine, i.e. 100mcg one day, and 50mcg the next. Staggering dosage of Levothyroxine can be fatal, and cause a host of thyroid, and cardiac abnormalities. Levothyroxine should be taken at the exact same dosage, and same time every day, i.e. 50mcg at 8:00 AM. Please do not see Anita as she may end up killing you
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
Hamburg, NY – Aug 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anita Chaudhuri, MD?
Dr Anita chaudhuri she is a great dr. She been helping with my diabetes for about 4 months.. I recommend her. I been deal with diabetes for about 8 years out control I came to see her with in a few weeks I seen a diffrent... Ty for dr like Anita chaudhuri...
Gioseppina in Niagara falls ny – Mar 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anita Chaudhuri, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Chauduhuri for 4 years. She was the onlydoctor willing to listen to my symptoms and figure out the diagnosis. Scheduling is very easy. Doctor is easy to talk to, answers all questions and explains everything. She is insistent that her patients follow her instructions. I will not go to another endocrinologist
Patty P in Buffalo, NY – Nov 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anita Chaudhuri, MD?
This Doctor has canceled 5 appointments with me over the last 5 years. If you are out of a prescription it has taken up 10 days of back and forth calling between drug store and office. She has ask to blood sugar logs and has told me exactly when to come, only no one is there in the office. This happened 4 times. Breaking point came when I couldn't change an appointment because it was in conflict with a funeral they wouldn't do my refills nor would change the appointment.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
Marguerite in North Tonawanda, NY – Jun 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anita Chaudhuri, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Chaudhuri?

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

2000
State University of New York At Buffalo / School of Dental Medicine

• U S News,

What is the best way to schedule an appointment with Dr. Anita Chaudhuri, MD?

Does Dr. Anita Chaudhuri, MD accept any insurance plans?

Does Dr. Anita Chaudhuri, MD accept new patients?

New patients are generally accepted by Dr. Anita Chaudhuri, MD on Healthgrades. To arrange an appointment, call the number on Dr. Chaudhuri's profile.

What are Dr. Anita Chaudhuri, MD's top areas of expertise?

Dr. Chaudhuri specializes in Thyroid Disorders and Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring. See more on Healthgrades.

What conditions does Dr. Anita Chaudhuri, MD treat?

Dr. Chaudhuri frequently treats the following conditions: Diabetes With Renal Manifestations, Diabetes Type 2, and Hypothyroidism. See more on Healthgrades.

What is Dr. Anita Chaudhuri, MD's office address?

Dr. Chaudhuri's office is located at 4525 Witmer Rd, Niagara Falls, NY 14305. You can find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Is Dr. Anita Chaudhuri, MD able to provide telehealth services?

Dr. Chaudhuri provides telehealth services. Please contact the office to determine whether you are eligible.

Is Dr. Anita Chaudhuri, MD affiliated with any hospitals?

Dr. Anita Chaudhuri, MD is affiliated with Eastern Niagara Hospital - Lockport and Mount Saint Mary's Hospital And Health Center.

How much experience does Dr. Anita Chaudhuri, MD have?

Dr. Chaudhuri has over 22 years of healthcare experience.

No malpractice claims found for New York

Frequently Treated by Dr. Chaudhuri

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Chaudhuri treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Chaudhuri treats other conditions, please contact the office at (716) 298-0230.

Thyroid Disorders

Thyroid disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the thyroid gland, including hyperparathyroidism, thyroid disease, and thyroid nodules.Compare with other Thyroid Disorders specialists.

Dr. Chaudhuri is experienced in the area of Thyroid Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 17 conditions and procedures

Normal
High
Very High

Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring

Diabetes specialists manage and treat a range of diabetes-related conditions including type 1 and type 2 diabetes and diabetic ketoacidosis through procedures such as continuous glucose monitoring and insulin therapy.Compare with other Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring specialists.

Dr. Chaudhuri is experienced in the area of Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures

• Iodine Deficiency
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Lipoprotein Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Oral Glucose Tolerance Test
  • VAP Lipid Testing
  • Vitamin D Deficiency
  • Water Deprivation Test

Dr. Chaudhuri accepts

Dr. Chaudhuri accepts the following insurance:

Select