Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility  |
Dr. Anish Shah, MD
Dr. Anish Shah, MD is a reproductive endocrinology & infertility doctor who practices in Richmond, VA. He is 37 years old and has been practicing for 11 years. Dr. Shah is affiliated with Bon Secours - St. Mary's Hospital, Mary Washington Hospital and Henrico Doctors' Hospital.

9030 Stony Point Pkwy Ste 450

Richmond, VA 23235

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma

Learn about Dr. Shah

Dr. Anish A. Shah believes in patient-centered fertility care. Before arriving to Virginia Fertility Associates, he was on the medical staff at Duke University Medical Center. While at Duke, his patient satisfaction scores (Press-Ganey) were consistently in the top percentile among over 500 physicians. He credits this achievement to his philosophy that "every patient is like a member of my family."

Dr. Shah's Experience

Dr. Shah's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

• Endometriosis
  • Female Infertility
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages

• Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Vaginal Surgery

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2010
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Duke University Sch Of Med
    Other Education | Completed 2013

Dr. Shah has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Shah does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shah and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shah's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shah to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Shah's Performance
in Henrico, VA |
Dr. Shah successfully treated me for secondary infertility at the age of 38 caused by severe ovarian insufficiency resulting in pregnancy after one IVF cycle. Although his office is frenetically busy due to his high patient volume, he always took sufficient time to discuss treatment decisions with me. I really appreciated the fact that he was able to give me numerical odds of success for each treatment option. I most valued that I could text him questions directly! He is worth the wait!
Fredericksburg, VA |
Dr. Shah is amazing! He is patient centered, compassionate, and kind. He truly cares about his patients. Infertility is such an emotional process and a great physician can make all the difference. He is knowledgeable and extremely up to date on current treatments. My journey ended with a positive outcome because of his dedication! I praise him to anyone that will listen.
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Shaw is an exemplary physician by every measure. He is both intelligent and knowledgeable, with an excellent training background. Dr. Shaw is up to date on innovations and new findings in the fertility literature, and does a wonderful job of translating science for patients and their partners. He has the best bedside manner of any doctor I have seen as a patient or worked with in my career in medicine. He was always available, compassionate, data-driven, and encouraging. We love Dr. Shah!
in Richmond,VA |
Although it is difficult to schedule an appointment with Dr. Shah, he is worth the wait. After an unsuccessful round of IVF at another clinic, we chose him to perform our 2nd round; I am currently watching my two week old son sleeping thanks to Dr. Shah. He is knowledgable and willing to take the time with his patients to make sure your needs are met.
in Midlothian, VA |
We interviewed 3 REs and it was an easy decision to pursue treatment with Dr. Shah. I can't tell you how pleased we were with that decision. I am picky about my doctors and Dr. Shah is one of my favorites. He has phenomenal bedside manner and is extremely bright and truly cares about you as a patient. We have a beautiful baby boy and another baby on the way thanks to him.
in Midlothian, VA |
It was important to me to find a doctor that is not only smart and knowledgeable but also takes the time to communicate with my husband and I. Dr Shah shares our sense of urgency. We have recommended four of our friends and they have received a similar level of care. I have had multiple procedures with on-call doctors due to cycle timing; Dr Shah is the best at any procedure. We are currently at the IVF stage of the process, we believe we will be pregnant, and will be sharing the good news soon.
in Richmond, VA |
Dr.Shah is incredibly sweet and always took his time explaining everything to me. With his help, guidance and support I became pregnant with my first. I couldn't be more thankful to him and his great team.
Henrico, VA |
Dr. Shah is very sweet, but I think he is over booked, every time I come in he is always distracted, and I don't know if I am going back I read the reviews for other people he gave them nutrition advice and called them ... not me I don't feel he spends enough time with me explaining my treatment options he just says I will be fine and see you next time
Midlothian, VA |
Dr. Shah is not only an extraordinarily gifted and talented physician, but his bedside manner and interactions with patients makes it abundantly clear how much he actually cares about his patients and the outcome of their fertility treatments. He very much takes a personalized approach to reproductive endocrinology, is extremely thorough and is up to date on all of the most recent literature and research in the field. I cannot adequately express with words how highly I would recommend him!
Dr. Shah was the best choice when choosing an RE for our infertility problems. The only issues are the front office staff can be very unorganized and I always had issues with getting my calls returned and questions answered outside of my appointment times.
in Charlottesville, VA |
Dr. Shah is not only one of the best GYN surgeons in Richmond, with an incredible resume having trained at Duke among the best surgeons in his field, but his bedside manner is equally impressive. He treats his patients like friends and family, is always available, approachable and compassionate. He always takes the time to answer any questions you have. We were under his care for over two years and finally have our miracle baby! I highly recommend him and love his approach to modern medicine.
in Richmond, VA |
I cannot even begin to describe the amount of love and support I have received from Dr. Shah! From day one he has made our needs feel like we were his only patient. I have been with him for over a year, and with many sad months of not becoming pregnant we finally did IVF and we got our miracle babies!! He never gave up hope and promised us from day one that he would get us pregnant. I am sad I have to leave his office, but we have graduated from his services. I would HIGHLY recommend him!!!!!!!!
in Richmond, VA |
After 5 miscarriages, 3 OBGYNs and 2 failed IVF cycles with another RE in town, we switched to Dr. Shah. Dr. Shah made drastic changes in my diet, my lifestyle and medication regimen for my last IVF cycle. I followed his advice meticulously and got the best results of any of my IVF attempts; and am currently pregnant! He has been there for me from the beginning. He returns calls/texts within the hour. He laid out a detailed plan at the consultation and his staff is amazing! Thank you Dr. Shah!
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Shah is one of the BEST physicians I have ever known. My wife and I went through multiple miscarriages and after trying with another reproductive specialist, several of our friends recommended Dr. Shah due to their success. Long story short, we genetically tested our remaining embryos from the previous doctor and then compared them to Dr. Shah's embryos. Results: all prior embryos from other doctor genetically invalid, Dr. Shah's = about 80% genetically viable and ready to go. Enough said.
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Shah is a hopeful and compassionate doctor with a great bedside manner. I felt like he genuinely cared and wanted me to have the best outcome, a successful pregnancy. It has been a difficult journey to figure out my infertility issues but his thinking outside the box was instrumental in getting a diagnosis and subsequently a pregnancy.
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Shah is a highly skilled provider in the field of reproductive endocrinology and infertility. He puts patients at ease and builds their confidence and hope, when many of us have completely lost hope. He is open minded and encourages the use of alternative therapies such as acupuncture to increase potential success of the treatments. He takes time explaining everything. With a master's in Health Economics, he considers the cost-benefit in various treatments well. You will not be disappointed.
in Fredericksbrg, VA |
Dr. Shah was absolutely amazing to our family. My chances of pregnancy were not great, I am 35 and only have one ovary; I am in severe ovarian reserve. But he did everything he could to help us through the infertility process; be it explaining everything endlessly, providing support and encouragement, and being willing to come up with a plan that was right for my body and our situation. We truly felt cared for and that we weren't just a number.
in Glen Allen, VA |
Before seeing Dr Shah I had been to 2 other fertility doctors in the area. After trying to conceive for 8 years I was ready to give up. A close friend said just give it one more try with Dr Shah. He was sincere and committed to helping me. He knew different approaches than the other docs and was very careful not to be reckless because I only wanted one healthy baby. He was there with me and my husband every step up the way with support and encouragement . I have a beautiful baby boy !!!
in Chesterfield, VA |
Dr. Shah may be friendly and appear caring but he does not have the skills to treat all cases properly. Some patients have suffered multiple miscarriages under his care due his lack of practice and experience in medication and cycle mentoring. I would advise anyone seeking his care to get a 2th, 3th, and or 4th opinion. He often advises expensive surgical procedures that are not recommended by other doctors for the insurance costs and billing. Please beware!
in Richmond, VA |
Throughout the process Dr. Shah made himself available for questions and he took the time to provide detailed, science-based answers. He is caring and clearly has a passion for helping couples bring a life into this world. We knew after our first contact with him that he would be the right doctor for us. My husband and I felt very comfortable that Dr. Shah had a plan for us. I'm happy to say that I am pregnant as I'm writing this review. We want to say thanks to Dr. Shah and his caring staff.
in Richmond, VA |
I had an excellent with Dr. Shah. He always has a positive attitude, wonderful bedside manners and explains complicated matters in plain language. Even more importantly, the treatment was highly successful - it only took two cycles.
in Richmond |
Really good on what he does and since beginning he inspire confidence.
Have you seen Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
Are you Dr. Shah?