Dr. Anish Shah, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility ·  Male · Age 39

Dr. Shah

Shady Grove Fertility - Virginia

9030 Stony Point Pkwy Ste 450 Richmond, VA 23235

Dr. Anish Shah, MD is a reproductive endocrinology & infertility specialist in Richmond, VA and has been practicing for 6 years. He graduated from Va Commonwealth Univ Sch Of Med in 2006 and specializes in reproductive endocrinology & infertility and obstetrics & gynecology.

Dr. Shah accepts

Dr. Shah accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Choice Care (Humana)
Medicare Advantage HMO
Coventry Health Care
Optima Health
Tricare

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check if Dr. Shah treats your condition or procedure

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah?
Dr. Shah's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Anish Shah, MD
There's a reason everyone in town knows his name! He's simply the best. We have unexplained infertility (a blessing and a curse) and he gave us hope from the very first visit. His demeanor is calm, pleasant, and confident, which is so important when going through one of the most challenging times of your life. While going through IVF he made frequent house calls and was always available via his cell. The internet can be a scary place for questions and I felt comfortable knowing I could always reach out to him instead. We are currently 8 weeks pregnant and over the moon. Thank you, Dr. Shah!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
I'm so glad I picked Dr. Shah. He and everyone on his team are caring, compassionate, and incredible at what they do. Dr. Shah always took time to explain to me everything that was going on. He and his team are quick to respond to questions and concerns. We are incredibly thankful for Dr. Shah and his help!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
Dr. Shah is not just a doctor, he feels like part of my family. He is patient and really takes the time to listen to the concerns of the women and families he supports. He makes himself so available to his patients, and is always willing to listen and discuss your thoughts and concerns. He was there with us in the good and the bad, and while I am thrilled to say that we are FINALLY 15 weeks pregnant, I was so sad to know I would not see Dr. Shah for a while. In a very tough time in our life, he was the calm in the storm and the one who made me feel like everything would work out - AND IT DID! Thank you Dr. Shah, you have changed my life!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
Dr. Shah is an amazing doctor and his bedside manner is beyond compare. He has the most optimistic and comforting way about him. From the very first visit, I was confident that I was in good hands, which was such a relief. I could not recommend Dr. Shah more!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
Dr. Shah is an incredible results driven doctor. He is kind and patient and he spends a lot of time with you. If you need a fertility doctor anywhere near Richmond he is your man!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
After trouble conceiving naturally, I was referred to Dr. Shah from my gynecologist. Starting a process like this is overwhelming and you can feel like there are endless options and routes. Dr. Shah helped me understand the right path for my own fertility treatment and explained everything fully. His kind demeanor and upfront realism made for a perfect combination of comfort and knowledge. After a successful round of IVF, we are headed into our second trimester and are super excited!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
Dr. Shah is probably hands down one of the best doctors I have ever had. He takes the time to explain everything and answer questions. Thanks to him we just had a beautiful healthy baby boy and will be forever grateful. I was hesitant to seek help for our reproductive challenges but I’m so glad I did and if I had friends looking for help I wouldn’t hesitate to refer them to him. Thank you so much Dr. Shah and staff for giving us the greatest gift and staying patient with us!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Shah by my Gynecologist due to complications with fibroids and infertility. From day one Dr. Shah sat me down and planned out the actions he was going to take to help me. I had myomectomy surgery back in 2017, which left me with massive amounts of scar tissue. I had my first surgery with Dr. Shah last year and from then I saw the progress once he removed scar tissue. I had a second surgery in Oct. 2018 and the result were amazing, I actually could see the shape of my uterus
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
Dr.Shah is highly knowledgeable and explains all the possible options in achieving the parenthood. He makes his patients very comfortable and answers all our questions. He is always reachable through text and his team is one of the best. Highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
Dr. Shah is amazing!!! He definitely treats you like family and is devoted to your individual fertility journey. Dr. Shah is diligent and determined. He is always pleasant and knowledgeable. He also is very honest and open including the patient as the center of care. When starting our parenthood journey, we never thought that IVF would be our path. However, Dr. Shah provided education, treatment options and optimism. He was right there with us through the ups and downs. He instilled hope!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
I have recommeded Dr. Shah to many people! My journey started out the traditional way and ended up non traditional. Dr. Shah and staff supported me through it all. He has always been easy to get ahold of and Valerie his IVF cordinator is the BEST one out there! I saw many of the other doctors because of timing and I believe he is head and shoulders above the rest! I will be forever grateful to Dr. Shah. He gives you outstanding care, very knowledgeable and compassionate.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
Being referred to Dr. Shah was one of the best decisions that my wife and I made throughout our journey to parenthood. His bedside manner is warm and friendly which made me feel comfortable since day one. He always explained every process to us in a way in which we can relate to and understand. His professionalism is outstanding!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
From the very first appointment Dr. Shah made us feel welcomed and I truly felt he was going to do whatever it took to accomplish our goal. Not long after our meeting with him we became pregnant! I also have a difficult time keeping my pregnancies so once we got the positive Dr. Shah took action and prescribed me medication he thought would help based on my blood work. At 8 weeks we saw and heard the heartbeat! I can’t thank him enough and would recommend him to anyone needing extra help!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
Dr Shah is amazing. We did invitro 5 years ago and got pregnant but miscarried at 5 weeks. We were very discouraged and decided to adopt. Fast forward to 2017. We had two frozen embryos left and didn’t want to discard them. We didn’t have much hope it would work. Dr Shah worked very closely with me as I have a lot of autoimmune problems. He listened to me and we made decisions together. At 44 years old I had a beautiful baby boy! We are beyond grateful for Dr Shah.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
Dr. Shah is an empathetic and creative physician. Our ability to become pregnant ultimately boiled down to two occasions when Dr. Shah advocated for my wife and me. He really assumed a professional stake in our successes. Dr. Shah is available to patients through text, which, after experiencing a journey with many ups and downs, was critical. I can't imagine going through IVF with doctor who isn’t available for a call or text during moments of uncertainty.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
Our infertility path was more challenging than we expected. After some traditional rounds of medication and procedures, it was evident that the norm wasn’t going to work for us. Dr. Shah collaborated with his team members and other doctors in the field to create an individualized plan that worked for our needs. Dr. Shah made us feel cared about and important. His medial competency is stellar. Furthermore, he has a charismatic and friendly personality. We can’t recommend Dr. Shah enough!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
From the very beginning, Dr. Shah and his staff were kind, courteous, and very understanding and helpful. They made us feel very comfortable in that we would be able to have a child after all. We went through IVF and are expecting in November! Through every step of the way, Dr. Shah was very thorough in his explanation of what was going to happen next. We always felt at ease at the appointments due to his great bedside manner. We would highly recommend Dr. Shah to anyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
Dr. Shah was absolutely amazing from the time we walked through the door. After many attempts and heartbreaks with other doctors, my daughter is now pregnant and doing well. Dr. Shah was patient, and thorough! He’s a dream come true!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
After 1.5 years of trying to conceive and three miscarriages, my husband and I were referred to Dr. Shah. He and his staff were unbelievable. His accessibility and response time to my every worry were invaluable. We ended up having to go through IVF and every tough decision was talked through thoroughly with my husband and me. We are expecting boy and girl twins this summer! We would recommend Dr Shah and Valerie to anyone and have!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
I can't say enough good things about him! He's seriously a miracle worker. Currently almost 8 weeks along and it never would have happened without him. He gave us hope again!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shah?

Dr. Anish A. Shah believes in patient-centered fertility care. Before arriving to Virginia Fertility Associates, he was on the medical staff at Duke University Medical Center. While at Duke, his patient satisfaction scores (Press-Ganey) were consiste...

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

2006
2002

Shady Grove Fertility - Virginia

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Shah treats patients.

Mary Washington Hospital