Dr. Anish Shah, MD

Dr. Anish Shah, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility •  Male • Age 40

Telehealth services available

Dr. Anish Shah, MD is a Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialist in Richmond, VA. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Chippenham Hospital and Henrico Doctors' Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Shah to book an appointment.

Shady Grove Fertility – Stony Point

New Patient?
Shady Grove Fertility – Stony Point9030 Stony Point Pkwy Ste 450 Richmond, VA 23235
    • Sat: closed

• Practices at Top Hospital Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Shah's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah?
Dr. Shah lived up to his recommendation, and then some! I was referred to him by a colleague, and I'm so happy that my husband I worked with him through our treatments. He is professional, very knowledgeable, and has a great sense of humor. In our initial consultation, he was kind and understanding, breaking down big medical concepts in ways we could understand. We began working with him in April 2020, and even virtually, he was wonderful to work with. Our journey to pregnancy has not been overly complicated, but he has been so supportive and encouraging throughout. And, even though Shady Grove is a bigger practice, I never felt like just another patient. From the nursing staff, to financial counselors, to the physicians the entire Shady Grove I felt like the entire Shady Grove team was cheering for my husband and I!
Oct 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
Dr. Shah and I have been through quite the journey together, it stared back in December of 2018 when he performed my myomectomy. I was immediately impressed by his level of professionalism, compassion, and positivity. He sat down with my husband and I prior to my surgery to explain the procedure and reviewed with us the risks and benefits, along with answering all our questions, we left the appointment feeling confident in his skill. I followed all his post-surgical instructions and recovered beautifully. Then my husband and I returned to see Dr. Shah in January 2020, my husband and I were having difficulty conceiving on our own. Again, I was struck by Dr. Shah’s encouragement, empathy, and determination to find out what was going on and come up with a game plan. Dr. Shah performed our 2nd IUI cycle and we are now expecting our first child April of 2021. We are truly grateful to have met Dr. Shah and cannot thank him and his staff enough for helping us with our journey.
Holly – Oct 10, 2020
Holly, thank you so much for sharing your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
Dr. Shah is hands down the best doctor I have experienced, but for something as vulnerable as fertility issues he is the only doctor I recommend. I was diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago, but did not really understand what that meant to my body. In our very first consultation I left the appointment finally understanding why my body was not getting pregnant on her own. He was very thorough upfront in making sure we know all our foreseeable obstacles, and sat us down to explain all our results. We were pregnant with our first baby, but unfortunately we did not get to meet him/her yet. The compassion Dr. Shah showed me in the moment my heart broke is something I am forever grateful for. He seemed to genuinely hurt for us, and never once acted sterile or clinical about the news. When we became pregnant with baby #2 and all looked healthy he was genuinely excited. These two moments made me so incredibly grateful to be able to trust him through such a delicate journey. Thank you Dr. Shah!
Lindsay – Sep 18, 2020
Lindsay, thank you so much for sharing your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
I am very pleased with Dr. Shah and his team at Shady Grove. They were the absolute best and very nice. Excellent communication with explaining the treatment plan. Best experience and will be forever grateful of Dr. Shah and his team
Sep 16, 2020
Thank you so much for sharing your experience...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Shah. We came from another clinic where we felt we weren’t getting the attention or care we needed. From the first visit to the last we were extremely satisfied with Dr. Shah and his staff. He is very knowledgeable, listens and made the IVF journey so much more pleasant than the last place we were at. We drove from Virginia Beach to Richmond for ever appointment and it was well worth it! If I didn’t see Dr. Shah on an important visit and saw his lovely staff instead, he made a point to call me and check in and provide all the information. He even called me on his family vacation to go over results and upcoming procedures. If I had a question I would message the patient portal and Valerie would always respond no matter how silly my question was. Madison also made my visits so pleasant. We’re so thankful for the experience Dr. Shah and his lovely staff provided at Shady Grove. I’m currently 3.5 months pregnant with a healthy baby boy. Thank you for everything!!!
May 27, 2020
We are so happy to hear that you had such a great...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
Dr Shah is absolutely amazing . He is so driven to make our dreams a reality. After 3 years of trying, he is the reason I am carrying two healthy twins right now. Regardless of the unknown, he was always steadfast, ready for answers, and quick on his feet. He never left you guessing and always answered any questions my husband or I had. He made his personal number available to me. For anytime I needed him because he genuinely cares. I can say wholeheartedly we truly appreciate Dr shah. And would encourage anyone who’s starting fertility cycles to choose him. You won’t regret it
Julianna Schroeder – May 01, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience with Dr...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
Dr. Shah is one of the most compassionate doctors I’ve ever met. He and his staff were always so professional and available for me. He believed in me and made me believe in my dream of having my own baby. He was always very patient and reassuring throughout my fertility journey. Today I’m a proud mom of a handsome baby boy. Thank you Dr. Shah and your staff for making me a happy woman! I have recommended him to my friends who are still searching and hoping to have their own baby. I pray you continue to put a smile on the faces of many more families.
Eveline N – Apr 30, 2020
Congratulations Eveline on the birth of your son!...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
Caring and skilled provider! The best in this group, highly recommend. He made time to see me and kept the clinic open for me. Grateful for doctors like him!
Anon – Mar 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
We are currently 9 weeks pregnant and confident we would not be in this position without Dr. Shah. There were SO many ups and downs through this process, but he remained steadfast and confident throughout making this stressful process much less so. My wife has been to many doctors, but Dr Shah's bedside manner and positive nature made this a more rewarding experience than we encountered elsewhere.
Feb 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
The best doctor he has helped me and my husband with our first pregnancy and my second. I would definitely recommend him for anyone that is trying to have a baby. He knows what he’s doing and always gives the best advice.
Jan 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Shah and staff 100000xs over to anyone on their infertility journey. They are all very knowledgeable, compassionate and they are the best at what they do (there’s a reason their office is always busy)! It was so bittersweet being released. I remember feeling so hopeless and defeated on my way to see Dr. Shah for the first time bc this is never the path I pictured myself taking but after speaking with him and having him explain everything so thoroughly I left with a renewed faith that this could work. After only 1 cycle of IVF I am currently 20 weeks pregnant with my precious baby girl and could not be more thankful for Dr. Shah, Valerie and staff! They are amazing!
Brett Moseley – Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
We LOVED Dr. Shah. He was patient, knowledgeable, and very hard working from the beginning. He really knows what he's doing. It was evident that he still researches best practices and strives to bring his clients the best. He also had a funny personality that helped during this difficult time in our life. After a few months, we were able to have our first child. Words can never express out gratitude or thanks. I 100% recommend him and the team at Shady Grove Stoney Point!
Jennifer W – Jan 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
Dr. Shah is an amazing fertility doctor. We were so relieved when we met him- he is so knowledgeable and explained everything to us in great detail that we could understand. His bedside manner is great, too. He and his team were readily available to us with quick responses to questions about testing and appointments. We fully recommend Shady Grove and more importantly, Dr. Shah, to anyone needing fertility assistance.
Nicole P. – Dec 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
We could not have asked for a better doctor than Dr. Shah to help us start a family. He makes you feel so comfortable and has a great sense of humor, but he's also honest with you about your chances and the best course of action. He even gave us his person cell number in case we had questions throughout the process. Dr. Shah helped us get pregnant on the first round of IVF, and he may have been even more excited than we were when we graduated from Shady Grove. He genuinely wanted to help us and you can tell that he loves what he does.
Rachel and Nick – Oct 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
I've already recommended Dr. Shah to several friends seeking fertility treatment. We met with him several times while going through unexplained recurrent losses from natural pregnancies. He always gave us a lot of time and explained all options thoroughly. Dr. Shah frequently called me direct through our treatment, and always answered when I had questions. We are currently 14 weeks pregnant!
Oct 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
Dr. Shah is amazing. He is one of the best Doctors. He is like a God for us. Before meeting him, we were really worried about our unknown fertility issues. He gave us full confidence since our first visit. He is very knowledgeable, professional and kind. We are 10 weeks pregnant now!!!. Thanks a Ton to Dr. Shah and his team.
Aug 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
There's a reason everyone in town knows his name! He's simply the best. We have unexplained infertility (a blessing and a curse) and he gave us hope from the very first visit. His demeanor is calm, pleasant, and confident, which is so important when going through one of the most challenging times of your life. While going through IVF he made frequent house calls and was always available via his cell. The internet can be a scary place for questions and I felt comfortable knowing I could always reach out to him instead. We are currently 8 weeks pregnant and over the moon. Thank you, Dr. Shah!
Jul 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
I'm so glad I picked Dr. Shah. He and everyone on his team are caring, compassionate, and incredible at what they do. Dr. Shah always took time to explain to me everything that was going on. He and his team are quick to respond to questions and concerns. We are incredibly thankful for Dr. Shah and his help!
Allison Newcome – Jun 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
Dr. Shah is not just a doctor, he feels like part of my family. He is patient and really takes the time to listen to the concerns of the women and families he supports. He makes himself so available to his patients, and is always willing to listen and discuss your thoughts and concerns. He was there with us in the good and the bad, and while I am thrilled to say that we are FINALLY 15 weeks pregnant, I was so sad to know I would not see Dr. Shah for a while. In a very tough time in our life, he was the calm in the storm and the one who made me feel like everything would work out - AND IT DID! Thank you Dr. Shah, you have changed my life!
Carrie Godbey – Jun 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?
Dr. Shah is an amazing doctor and his bedside manner is beyond compare. He has the most optimistic and comforting way about him. From the very first visit, I was confident that I was in good hands, which was such a relief. I could not recommend Dr. Shah more!
Richmond, VA – Jun 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anish Shah, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shah?

Dr. Shah accepts

Dr. Shah accepts the following insurance:

Balanced-VA PPO
Coventry Health Care
Southern Health PPO
Optima Health
Tricare

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check if Dr. Shah treats your condition or procedure

• Male Infertility
  • Multiple Miscarriages
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Uterine Fibroids

Dr. Anish A. Shah believes in patient-centered fertility care. Before arriving to Virginia Fertility Associates, he was on the medical staff at Duke University Medical Center. While at Duke, his patient satisfaction scores (Press-Ganey) were consistently in the top percentile among over 500 physicians. He credits this achievement to his philosophy that every patient is like a member of my family. At Shady Grove Fertility, a service organization at heart, we are fully committed to addressing and supporting all of the needs of our patients. It's one of the reasons more patients trust us than any other center in the nation. We are committed to providing the most comprehensive, efficient, fiscally responsible, and compassionate care, involving both the medical and emotional aspects of infertility. Our primary role is to provide optimal patient care. The patient comes first is at the center of our philosophy at Shady Grove Fertility.Less...

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility