Pulmonology  |
Dr. Anil Patel, MD
Anil Patel, MD is a board certified Pulmonary and Critical Care Specialist (Pulmonologist / Lung Specialist) in Hampton Roads, Virginia. Dr. Patel has special interests in COPD, asthma, lung cancer, lung cancer screening, lung nodule/mass, mediastinal / hilar lymphadenopathy (lymph node), and related procedures such as bronchoscopy, Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS) and thoracentesis for pleural effusion. He also diagnoses and treats various chest and lung conditions, such as pneumonia, bronchitis, interstitial lung disease, sarcoidosis, pulmonary fibrosis, asbestosis and asbestos related lung diseases, pulmonary embolism, pulmonary hypertension, hypoxia (low oxygen), smoking related lung disease, and other complex breathing problems, including shortness of breath, difficulty breathing (dyspnea) and chronic cough. Dr. Patel also provides diagnosis and treatment for snoring, and sleep apnea. Dr. Patel earned his medical degree from Pramukhswami Medical College in India. He completed a residency in Internal Medicine at Overlook Medical Center, Summit, New Jersey, and a fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine from the University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York (SUNY-State University of New York). Dr. Patel is a certified physician in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) and National Board of Physicians and Surgeons (NBPAS). Dr. Patel joined (Tidewater Physicians Multispecialty Group) TPMG Lung and Sleep Specialists at Newport News and TPMG Lung and Sleep Specialists at Harbour View, Suffolk in March 2017. He welcomes new patients to reserve an appointment with him. Breathe Better | Sleep Better

Lung and Sleep Specialists at Newport News

860 Omni Blvd Ste 114

Newport News, VA 23606

• Anthem
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Optima Health

Learn about Dr. Patel

Pulmonary experts at TPMG Lung and Sleep specialists provide care to patients who suffer from diseases and conditions of the chest / lung, such as pneumonia, asthma, COPD, emphysema, lung cancer, sleep disorders, and various other conditions.

Dr. Patel's Experience

Dr. Patel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pulmonology
  • Board certified in Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease

• Pulmonology

• Bronchogenic Carcinoma
  • Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis
  • Bronchospasm
  • Bullous Lung Disease
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chronic Lung Diseases
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Clear Cell Adenocarcinoma
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Cough
  • Pleural Neoplasm
  • Pleural Neoplasm, Not Specified as Malignant
  • Pneumoconiosis and Pneumonopathy
  • Pneumonia
  • Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
  • Postoperative Pulmonary Embolism

• Thoracentesis
  • Transbronchial Lung Biopsy
  • Transbronchial Needle Aspiration
  • Ultrasound, Endobronchial

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Sardar Patel University / Pramukhswami Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • Overlook Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
  • University at Buffalo - State University of New York
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Patel has no media or publications listed.

• Gujarati
  • Hindi

Dr. Patel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Patel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Patel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Patel to family and friends
Dr. Patel's Performance
in Newport News, VA |
Dr. Patel has been an amazing person to work with! He takes his time in explaining every detail of this new diagnosis that I received and was unfamiliar with. Dr. Patel is very passionate about what he does and knows and it truly shows in the level of care and understanding in his approach. His staff is very welcoming and courteous with everyone that enters their office. If you have any issues with sleep, I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Patel's office with TPMG.
in Newport News, VA |
My experience with the office of Dr. Anil Patel, has been very positive. The staff is professional and personable. Dr. Patel is very personable and made my appointment with him a pleasant experience. I did not feel rushed during the appointment and he answered questions that I had and provided information regarding my care. I left knowing what our goals and expectations are.
in Newport News, VA |
It has truly been a great experience in such a short time.my breathing has improved and i am looking forward to working with Dr.Patel
in Williamsburg, VA |
I came in with a concern that was seen on a CT scan, he reviewed it with me and reassured me that everything is ok. He has great personality, very easy to talk to and I would recommend him to anyone that would need his service. He is an excellent doctor. Thank you for seeing me and telling me its going to be ok.
in Chesapeake, VA |
Dr. Patel has great bed side manners, and he listens to all questions and concerns . Staff is very nice as well. I would recommend him to all!
Hampton, VA |
Dr. Patel has been a large part of my recovery and improved health.
in Yorktown, VA |
I would recommend Dr Patel to everyone. He gives an excellent explanation of your diagonisis
in Newport News, VA |
The office staff is very patient and courteousness. I would send my family to Dr. Patel
in Newport News, VA |
DR PATEL is very caring ,patient , explain every thing he is doing informative recommend his service.
in Newport News, VA |
Dr. Patel has been very proactive since seeing him he has definitely stayed ahead on working with other dr.'s for treatment & does not rush us in any way. He makes sure to answer all questions and asks more than once at each appt. if we have any questions.
in Hampton, VA |
At first, I didn't think I had made the right decision, choosing him as a provider. After a couple of visits, I understood that he likes to make sure the patient is aware of their health situation and not being proactive with the treatment plan that he develops. Dr. Patel is very knowledgeable of his specialty and is very honest about his plans. I wasn't used to that, but I can appreciate it in the long run. With that being said, I would recommend Dr. Patel to other family and friends.
in Newport News, VA |
very efficient and understanding. good bedside manner and good communication skills. very thorough.
in Franklin, VA |
Explains very well. Great bedside manor. Great doctor. Would recommend to anyone.
in Yorktown, VA |
Absolutely! Dr. Patel has been excellent with the needed procedures and explaining everything to our family. Very supportive and caring!
in Gloucester, VA |
Very thorough in his questions and willing to listen to our comments and answer our questions. Did not leave the office with any unanswered questions or concerns. Only complaint - too cold in office.
in Newport News, VA |
Dr. Patel is friendly and spent plenty of time explaining my options for healthcare.
in Newport News, VA |
very helpful and nice fixed all problems and symptoms
in Newport News, VA |
Dr. Patel is knowledgeable as a lung specialist and friendly. Office staff is friendly and pleasant. Would defiantly refer all my friends to him.
in Newport News, VA |
nice clean office, front desk staff very friendly smiling faces. Nursing staff very friendly and made my Mother and I feel very comfortable. Dr. Patel very friendly answered all and any questions ask. Would absolutely be returning.
in Lanexa, VA |
Extremely personable and thorough with helping me determine why I'm not sleeping.
in Hampton, VA |
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Patel to my family and friends. He has been amazing throughout my expierience with him. He is very personable and engaging, making you feel cared for and well taken care of. I have never had any complaints, his staff is amazing, the facility is very nice and quick, I would not recommend anyone else to my family or friends if they ever needed a pulmonologist!!
in Portsmouth, VA |
Dr. Patel has great bed side manner with not only patients but the patients family as well. Very consistent, reliable, prompt and great with following up. I would recommend this practice to anyone who is looking. Dr Patel is also great with following up with other doctors in the network of the source of the problem.
in Hampton, VA |
Dr. Patel is very easy to work with and answers questions clearly and thoroughly. I'd recommend him to all my friends and relatives needing this type of service.
in Williamsburg, VA |
I would recommend Dr. Anil Patel to family and friends because he is very thorough in finding out what he can about your illness and he has a really good bedside manner.
in Newport News, VA |
Dr. Patel and his office staff are great! They have been patient, informative, caring and friendly. I would definitely recommend Dr. Patel!
in Portmouth, VA |
My experience with Dr. Patel has ben positive. He takes his time and makes sure to cover everything in a way that is understandable. His staff are also friendly and vry helpful.
in Gloucester, VA |
Dr. Patel is a Doctor that takes the time to listen to you and truly cares about the health of his patients. Would highly recommend him .
in Newport News, VA |
Dr. Patel is very knowledgeable and makes you feel very comfortable.
in Hampton , VA |
Its always a pleasure visiting Dr. Anil's office. He takes the time to really explain how my sleep pattern affects my health. He also express concern about other health issues and ensures that I bring them up to my primary care giver.
in Hampton, VA |
Since I've been coming to Dr. Patel's office I can honestly say I'm quite impressed with the service, and courteous atmosphere within his office. D. Patel explains all findings in a manner that is very comprehensive.
the complete staff great
in Hampton, VA |
Very likely, I am very pleased with the promptness and friendliness of the entire team as well as Dr. Patel. From making the appointment to the diagnosis, they all have made this experience stress free.
in Newport News, VA |
Dr Patel was very informative and helpful in my process. His staff is also amazing. Would definitely recommend.
in Newport News, VA |
Dr Patel and his staff are very professional as well as kind. He is a very thorough physician who takes the time to understand your issues. Very knowledgeable.
in Newport News, VA |
Dr. Patel explained the upcoming procedures and the process of receiving the medical equipment in a very helpful manner. His staff was helpful.
in Suffolk, VA |
Dr. Patel was amazing. He had reviewed my medical history prior to me coming in. He answered all of my questions and eased my concerns.
in Suffolk, VA |
It is very likely that I would recommend Dr. Patel to family and friends. He has a great practice.
in Suffolk, VA |
Very through and answered all of my questions. I would recommend Dr. Patel to my family and friends
in Suffolk, VA |
I love the staff here very friendly people and Dr Patel is an amazing and caring dr. with a lot of patience. thank you all for every thing.
in Newport News, VA |
Considering the situation Doctor Patel and his staff are awesome to work with. They were very compassionate, understanding and knowledgeable.
in Newport News, VA |
He is very thorough and informative about various aspects of of breathing, lungs, etc. This is my first visit and I am impressed with the doctor. I have one negative comment, but it doesn't concern Dr. Patel. The waiting room has the WORST selection of reading material - actually no selection - in any office I have ever been in whether it be Doctor, Dentist, Eye Doctor, etc. Even National Geographic issues that are 3 or 4 years old are interesting.
in Newport News, VA |
he listenens to us very polite and mannerly i like him as my doctor
in Smithfield, VA |
Very effecient and thorough. Resolved my chronic cough issues. Pleasant and easy to understand his explainations. Staff very friendly and helpful.
Newport News, VA |
Thorough review of records and status. Explained everything very well, answered all questions, provided information on possible future tests and procedures.
Newport News, VA |
very informative and detailed. friendly and clean environment
in Newport News, VA |
Friendly knowledgeable and wanted to make sure that all my questions were answered.
in Hampton, VA |
My second visit and I really like Dr. Patel. He has an excellent bedside manner, explains in detail results of tests and options. He is very sympathetic to my issues and is an excellent listener.
Very Professional/friendly doctor
in Newport News, VA |
Very likely. Nice friendly environment.. Dr. Patel very caring.
Newport News, VA |
Excellent service and care.
Have you seen Dr. Anil Patel, MD?
Are you Dr. Patel?

Visit Dr. Patel

Dr. Patel accepts 19 insurance carriers
  • Anthem
    Pathway X Tier Hosp HealthKeepers DirectAccess VA
    KeyCare PPO
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
    Southern Health PPO
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Optima Health
  • Southern Health Services (Coventry Health Care)
  • Universal American