Dr. Anil Parikh, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 61

Dr. Parikh

"Horrible Dr. Horrible Human Being. Worst experience of my life. I have contacted the State Medical Board to file an official complaint he was so bad. There is a reason it take 30+ days to see a psych but this guy will see ANYONE in 48 hrs. Should have been a red flag, in addition to all the poor reviews. He is condescending, smug, disinterested, and wants to get you out of the office as soon as possible. Worst experience of my life in terms of medical care."

Read Review

"Dr. Parikh is a real piece of dirt. Do not see him. I moved here from out of state a few years ago and arranged to join his practice as a patient. Every time I needed him he was terrible, uninterested, and just plain awful. His staff is awful. Decided to give him another chance years later and he has proven me correct again. He is the worst, and if you ever have to have an interaction with him you are making a mistake in your life. Please, turn the other way. Find another practice. There are goo"

Read Review

Make an appointment

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Parikh

1.8

Dr. Parikh?
Dr. Parikh's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Anil Parikh, MD
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anil Parikh, MD?
I would leave -10 stars if I could. Do NOT go to this doctor. I was charged $3,000 to pay Parikh, which is the fault of his office and our old insurance company. But we cannot get a hold of anyone at his office to just get a letter to send to the collections agency that is now suing us for this amount. I do not owe this charlatan a dime. Please do not go to this doctor. His care philosophy is a joke. This nightmare is going to give my husband a heart attack or stroke, or both.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anil Parikh, MD?
Visited Dr. Parikh and was told I have ADD; I agree with this assessment. Be aware the he does not treat ADHD or ADD with the accepted stimulant classes of drugs. The choices in the non-stimulant classes are very limited and are usually used in conjunction with other drugs. Dr. Parikh will provide a stand alone non-stimulant drug for ADD. The unorthodox treatment plan resulted in insurance refusals and inappropriate/ineffective prescribed medications. I found another physician for treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anil Parikh, MD?
I think the doctor and staff do a good job. Ive been going here for years, now mostly for maintenance meds. He sees you quickly if you have an emergency (which Ive had a few times over the years). Not sure why theres so many negative reviews; I think he's great!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anil Parikh, MD?
I was under Dr. Parik's care for over a year. I went to him due to depression and anxiety and took medical leave from work due to this. He helped me with leave but when I tried to go back to work it was a fight. He was more interested in collecting fees and getting me taking drugs for my anxiety and depression. I suggest you look elsewhere for real help. After his treatment of me I am going to someone I can trust and will help me not be interested in just the money.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anil Parikh, MD?
Please seek help elsewhere if you value your health! Dr P is arrogant, insulting and rude. My young adult son was only seen by him on his first and last visit (when I came in with him because I had noticed no improvement). Other than that, during the 3 months he was seen, he was asked weekly "How are you?" by office staff. After moving to a qualified psychiatrist, we learned that the combination of drugs my son was put on was dangerous.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anil Parikh, MD?
Dr. Paint see.s to be motivated by money instead of actually helping patients. I recently lost my husband suddenly. I filed a claim for short term disability from my job to cover my wages, and he tried to change them $350.00 when I only been seen for a total of maybe 3hours and 45 minutes at most.. When I questioned it I got some lame excuse that I had 5 pages of notes!?!? So $70 a page? Ridiculous..... Shame on you! You'll always have crappy reviews.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anil Parikh, MD?
HORRIBLE human being. Has NO RIGHT working with patients who have sensitivities. Someone will die under his care with how horribly he treats them.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anil Parikh, MD?
This mental heath doctor doesnt care at all about your mental heath. I had to stop taking something suddenly because he wouldnt prescribe me anymore till i came in for appointment. Find another doctor, i know i will be.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anil Parikh, MD?
I've had great experiences working with Dr. Parikh and his staff thus far. Dr. Parikh is a very straightforward and knowledgeable professional, which I appreciate, but this directness may not work for everyone. I've had multiple counsellors in addition to seeing Dr. Parikh for my medication and each one has very distinct personalities though all attentive and caring. The front staff is a bit disorganized and ill-tempered but I'm empathetic, considering the volume of patients they see daily.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anil Parikh, MD?
Dr. Parikh does not consider the needs of the individual patients nor does he spend much time with the patient other than the initial assessment.When there is a concern, his own treatment plan and ideas (including medication management) are given more weight than anything the patient says. Counselors are mixed with their usefulness, sometimes they spend more time talking about themselves than the patient. Front office staff are often very rude and seem bothered to do be doing their jobs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anil Parikh, MD?
Front office staff is not professional or considerate with their patients. Counseling staff are good. Dr. Anil M. Parikh does not spend hardly any time with his patients and does not consider his patients needs very well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anil Parikh, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Parikh?

Every patient deserves the best psychiatric care. Because it Matters.

• Psychiatry

1976

• Gujarati
  • Hindi

Dr. Parikh accepts

Dr. Parikh accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Tricare
TriCare for Life
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Check Dr. Parikh's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Addiction
  • ADHD and-or ADD
  • ADHD Testing
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Alzheimer's Disease
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Anorexia
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Behavior Modification
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Conversion Disorder
  • Detoxification Evaluation
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Stress Management

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Parikh treats patients.