Dr. Anika Wilson, MD

Dr. Anika Wilson, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry  |
Dr. Anika Wilson, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry doctor who practices in Madison, AL. She is 43 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Read her story

9238 Madison Blvd Ste 750

Madison, AL 35758

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee

Learn about Dr. Wilson

Dr. Wilson's Experience

Dr. Wilson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychiatry

Dr. Wilson's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Wilson "Dr. Anika Wilson has been board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) in General Psychiatry since 2008 and in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry since 2009. She completed her medical training at the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and then finished an internship in Pediatrics at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Dr. Wilson later pursued a combined residency and fellowship program in General Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry at UAB and completed them in 2007 and 2008 respectively. Dr. Wilson joined Alabama Psychiatric Services in September 2008 with a practice focused primarily on the child and adolescent population. In 2015, Dr. Wilson founded North Alabama Family Psychiatry, a private practice that services the psychiatric needs of children, adolescents and young adults. By 2016, this concept grew into the umbrella that is North Alabama Family Psychiatry & Counseling, offering both psychiatric and counseling services to the local community. Dr. Wilson is currently accepting new patients."

This content was provided by Dr. Wilson "Our mission is to offer quality and convenient psychiatric care and counseling to families."

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

• ADHD Testing
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Medication Management
  • Outpatient Psychiatry
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy for Crisis

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• University Of Oklahoma / Health Sciences Center
  • Uab Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Temple University
    Other Education | Completed 1997

Dr. Wilson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wilson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wilson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wilson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wilson to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Wilson's Performance
in Madison |
Dr Wilson is knowledgeable, thorough, and creative with finding solutions and the correct mix of medications to treat my elementary school aged autistic child. She clearly explains pros and cons and offers options to me in deciding how to treat my child. She listens to how my child is responding to meds day to day and also offers suggestions for non-medication interventions. Our appointments never feel rushed. I can highly recommend Dr. Wilson.
Madison, AL |
Dr. Wilson has been a life saver! Having a daughter with severe anxiety and mood imbalances, I can't say enough about how she has helped my daughter. She listens to her and takes her feelings into consideration during their appointments.
Madison, AL |
Same thing ever appointment. Gives me medicine without addressing the problem. Doesn't seem to care, always about what she thinks is right.
Huntsville, AL |
I have been seeing Dr. Wilson for quite sometime and she is always friendly and invested in my treatment and how I am doing. She goes above and beyond to further my success and I couldn't do this without her. The office staff is friendly and always works with my hectic schedule to find me an appointment that is convenient for me.
in Huntsville, AL |
The most bizarre doctor visit in my life! I brought in my daughter for ADD challenges for FIRST visit. Her receptionist was very kind. Dr Wilson however, didn't exhibit basic social skills (courtesies such as an introduction, hello, or goodbye). Didn't ask anything about our family dynamic. She seemed extremely irritated and condescending. Never smiled during the entire visit. Not at all personable. If you need help, how are you supposed to trust her sour personality? She needs help! Run away!
Madison, AL |
Wasted two and a half years with her. She seems flippant and is easily irritated. She dismisses patient's feelings and is difficult to talk to.
in Tuscaloosa, AL |
I live 2 hours away and she's been great with scheduling my appointments and understanding my situation! Super sweet lady!
in Owens Cross Roads, AL |
She doesnt talk much. I dont feel like she really heard me at all. I spent 25 of 60 minutes in her office. Very hard to get appoibtments in time to refil your meds. I am an adult and my insurance referred me to her. Maybe she just does better with children. Her eduation certificates are very impressive but thats anout it.
Madison, AL |
She may be a good fit some some kids, but comparing her with other child psychiatrists we've been to, I don't recommend her for boys with ADHD and/or anxiety. Especially if the parents also have those same issues. We took my son to her several times over a period of about 1 1/2 years (2011 or 2012) before APS closed. Never got the feeling that she understood him or our family situation. At times, she seemed judgemental and even annoyed with us if we were not able to follow a suggestion.
in Madison, AL |
Dr. Wilson has been absolutely great in assisting my daughter and I with long term depression. She has a great intuitiveness and have us both on a high level of being productive. I am always amazed at her schedule is always on time and don't have you waiting forever in the waiting room. I would highly recommend Dr. Wilson!
Madison, AL |
No nurse or PA on call for urgent questions. Extremely hard to get appointments even for established patient. Would not recommend due to scheduling issues.
Madison, AL |
Staff frequently cancelled or changed times with appointments, repeatedly cancelled appointments, at times would sound exasperated when trying to find the right medication and would ask parent well, what do you want to do? You are the doctor!! Was also indifferent to my daughter in the waiting room when my daughter said hello and Doctor just turned and walked away.
Have you seen Dr. Anika Wilson, MD?
Are you Dr. Wilson?