Dr. Angelo Mancuso, DO

Dr. Angelo Mancuso, DO

Dermatology | Male

SOUTHERN DERMATOLOGY CTR 2828 Highway 31 S Ste 105 Decatur, AL 35603 Get Directions

Dr. Angelo Mancuso, DO is a dermatology doctor who practices in Decatur, AL. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 34 years.

Dr. Mancuso's Experience

See how Dr. Mancuso's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mancuso

Dr. Mancuso accepts 14 insurance carriers

Dr. Mancuso's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mancuso to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Mancuso's Performance
Madison, al |
I 've been a patient of Dr Mancuso for 5 years. He always treat me with respect. I would like the visits better if I did not have to tell him what to look at. I know all patients are their own advocates but I would prefer for him look at my skin and then ask me if there were any areas I wanted him to look at. My biggest complaint is I always have to go back in a few weeks because he says he can only remove 2 moles at at a time. I am sure this is driven by insurance reimbursements but very inconv
in Madison, AL |
Dr. Mancuso is very knowledgeable and polite. He always explains if I need something done and why.
Dr. Mancuso has an awesome demeanor towards his patients. He is friendly, courteous and takes the time to listen to the patient; he never makes the patient feel as though he/she is being rushed through his/her appointment. He is just great!
in Harvest, AL |
I was referred and my appointment was rescheduled twice (Dr had a surgery and weather). Had to wait a little but it was worth it. He was very informative and wanted me to keep asking him questions. He answered all of my questions and went into detail regarding my condition. I would recommend him to others.
in Huntsville, AL |
I have been treated by Dr. Mancuso numerous times for over 4 to 5 years. I have found the office staff and his medical staff very friendly and prompt. Dr. Mancuso himself has always been polite, congenial, and very engaging in conversation. The care I have received has been first rate.
in Harvest, AL |
Great doctor and office staff!
in Florence, AL |
Dr. Mancuso and his staff are outstanding. He and his staff are very friendly and professional, he takes time to talk with you and answer your questions. I would highly recommend Dr. Mancuso to anyone needing a dermatologists.
in Huntsville, Al |
Entire staff is friendly and courteous. Dr. Mancuso is very interactive which makes you feel at ease. If I did not trust Dr. Mancuso with my health I would not go there.
in Madison, AL |
Wow - what a GREAT experience! Unlike other dermatologists I have seen in the past, Dr. Mancuso's staff is very friendly, professional, and efficient. I was taken back to an exam room very quickly and was absolutely shocked that Dr. Mancuso came in ~ 2 minutes later! He actually took time to talk with me for a few minutes so I didn't feel like a number - I felt like a person! He knew exactly what my issue was, explained it well, and took care of it right then. EXCELLENT!
Huntsville, AL |
The staff there are amazing! I feel like a top priority there, and they help me with every problem I have.
in Madison, al |
Dr. Mancuso has done numerous removal of problems of the skin for me and my family over the past 15 years. Always accurate and has solved every problem we have had. Very good service staff, Great music variety in waiting room to keep patients at ease. I would recommend his work for any skin issues you need proper treatment for. Easy to make appointments and very quick wait times. Less than 20 minutes is common. All work has been very well done with NO follow up problems.
in Huntsville, AL |
I visited the Doc at his office in Madison. He's extremely competent and helpful; he genuinely cares about the lives of his patients outside of the waiting room. Definitely would recommend him to anyone seeking dermatological assistance or general life-advice.
in ATHENS, AL. |
Dr. Mancuso is very knowledgeable and user friendly. I would definitely recommend him to others.
in Athens |
Great visit, staff was wonderful. Dr. Mancuso does an wonderful job for my daughter and I. Thanks
Huntsville, AL |
He is a great doctor who I have been using for the past 10 years.
Florence, AL |
I absolutely love going to see Dr Mancuso and his friendly staff. Very professional office. Dr Mancuso is the only doctor I'll see regarding skincare needs. He has helped me with adult acne and skin spots. Dr Mancuso is the only doctor I trust when it comes to Botox and Juvederm as well. I highly recommend him and his staff!
in Madison, AL |
Dr. Mancuso is the best dermatologist I have seen in my 30+ years of being a patient. We are military and have moved around and I have been seen by many dermatology specialists and have not had the personal care and attention as Dr. Mancuso provides. Not only does he have a wonderful bedside manner, he is personal and attentive to what you have to say. His staff is friendly and I love the prior appointment reminders that they send out. I highly recommend Dr. Mancuso!
Madison, AL |
You have to wait a little (30 min total) to see the Doctor but after that it is very fast.
Elmore, AL |
Dr. Mancuso has addressed and removed a few bothersome moles over the past two years. I will continue to use his office for other skin health concerns.
Florence, AL |
Dr. Mancuso is outstanding. Knows his profession. I would definitely recommend him.
in Madison, AL |
He is without a doubt the best doctor I have ever went to. Hew makes you feel at ease and I have never had any problems with his diagnosis.
Madison, AL |
I really like Dr. Mancuso. He is very personable, always ready to answer my questions. I highly recommend him.
in Huntsville, AL |
Very professional, staff is friendly and Dr. Mancuso is a really excellent doctor. I have complete trust in his health recommendations.
in Decatur, AL |
had a top-notch experience at dr. Mancuso's office, would recommend him with highest regard.
in Decatur AL |
Are you avoiding shorts and that dreaded bathing suit due to spider veins...no longer....Dr. Mancuso will have you summer ready....I have been a patient of Dr. Mancuso for years and always look forward to my appointments...Not only is he an excellent Physician but his personality makes for a pleasant office visit....I gave Dr Mancuso 5 stars because I do recommend him to my friends????
in Madison, AL |
made me feel comfortable and I did not feel judged for past behavior that led me to seek treatment.
Florence, Alabama |
Love Dr.Mancuso and his staff. They are friendly and easy to get an appointment.
in Hillsboro, Al. |
I have been seeing Dr. Mancuso for several years, and really like the way he has treated me. His staff has always treated me respectfully, and if I need to change an appointment, they always reschedule without any problems. I would recommend Dr. Mancuso to anyone looking for a Dermatologist.
in Madison, AL |
He is very professional and has a pleasant personality. I had a good experience in my visits and very satisfied with the care I received.
in Huntsville, AL |
Dr. Mancuso is an excellent dermatologist. I visited his office in Madison, Alabama, on April 13, 2017. My appointment was at 10:20 a.m., and I was seen promptly. This facility is very clean and easy to access. Dr. Mancuso is so knowledgeable and easy to talk to. He listens well, hence there is a "dialogue" going on between patient and physician. I've been there with several different problems over the last two years and they have all been resolved to my satisfaction! I trust his wisdom.
Madison, AL |
Always a pleasant atmosphere and I never feel nervous. Doctor and his staff are the best I have seen since first melanoma diagnosis in 2004. If I don't like the way something looks, I don't have to argue with the Doc to get it removed. He is there for the best interest of the patient.
Madison, AL |
I loved the staff , the doctor was also great !
Huntsville, AL |
Minimum time in getting an appointment. However, waiting time is normally about one hour! Very friendly doctor and always willing to help the patient with problems.
in Madison, AL |
Dr. Mancuso is a skilled dermatologist and runs a great practice. He listens to his patients, diagnoses and acts. I've always had good outcomes. Easy to schedule an appointment. Very professional staff.
in Madison, AL |
I have always had a pleasant office visit with Dr. Mancuso. The staff and Dr. Mancuso are courteous and friendly. I would recommend him to my family and friends.
in Decatur, AL |
I have been seeing Dr. Mancuso for 12 yrs. He has always given excellent care.
Huntsville, AL |
I'd read the other reviews and was a bit concerned but decided to make an appointment anyway since Dr. Mancuso was able to see me in a more reasonable length of time. My wait time once in the waiting room wasn't long and Mancuso was very comforting and friendly. I've had experiences with other doctors where they seem to be in some sort of race to get done but Mancuso took time to explain my problem and what we were going to do to address it. Other may have had bad experiences, I did not.
I was in the waiting room for 30 minutes before seeing the Doctor but I've been to doctors where I had to wait over an hour. Dr Mancuso was pleasant and professional and took care of the problem on my face. My husband has also been to him. We are satisfied and will go there again if needed.
Huntsville, AL |
I've now been to Dr. Mancuso's office twice, once for a consultation and once for a mole removal. 1) If you have a few moles that you would like removed, be aware that in order to maximize his revenue, he will only take off ONE at a time. Although he says "it's to make sure that the lab doesn't mix up samples", it's obviously not 2) A full month post-mole removal, and I have not been provided my biopsy results. I have now called a couple of times, and they tell me that "it's just not available"
in Decature, AL |
Very disappointed. My son went to see him prior to the holidays for an evaluation. He has tried to make contact shortly after his visit to get a legible copy of his evaluation either by getting it typed up or by rewriting so the paperwork can be submitted for approval to MEPS. Got word today that he is refusing to rewrite the document so that other Dr's can read the evaluation. The reason for this taking so long is that apparently he has continued to extend his vacation. No more characters
Nothing is more frustrating than waiting weeks to see a doctor only to show up to a waiting room full of people that carries over into the hallway. Clearly Dr. Mancuso is all about stacking up appointments to collect money while patients wait for him due to his over scheduling. I will NOT BE BACK!
Wish I was able to rate at zero stars. He is a disgrace to medical profession. I was to be given full body check for suspicious moles. He did not even come all the way into the room and only upon my assistance did he glance at my back and chest and proclaim that I needed to use moisturizer but was otherwise fine. I am now facing going to plastic surgeon for removal of black mole he blew off. By the way, be sure you carry cash as they would not accept my check for the 5 minute $120 office visit.
in Florence, AL |
Will stretch your visit into as many office visits as possible. Would not freeze off a couple small warts, instead took 3 visits($40 each) to tell me he would only cut them off, which became a surgery charge ($300) Probably spent a total of 5 minutes with me 3 visits combined. All about the money.
in Decatur, AL |
I was seen on time. Dr. Mancuso examined me, we discussed my several skin conditions, he prescribed and hit the nail on the head. Within 1 day, I was already seeing improvement and was getting relief from the medicine. In addition, I found Dr. Mancuso quite friendly and knowledgeable.
in Madison, AL |
Wish I could give zero stars. Absolutely worst experience I have ever had with a Doctor and his staff. Arrogant, rude and unconcerned are just a few words I would use to describe them. From the moment I checked in at the front desk, from getting my test results was an absolute nightmare. I had heard mixed reviews and I had put off my appointment for this reason, do not wasted your time or more importantly your money.
in Decatur, Al. |
Arrogant, tried to push products for personal financial gain.
in Madison, AL |
Rush rush rush and does not care about his patients. His staff is extremely rude and so is he. He doesn't listen or explain anything. He wants you in and out. I honestly cannot believe he is still getting business. I'm a registered nurse and we don't refer any of our patients to them.
in Madison, AL |
Dr Mancuso did not listen to me or my issue and made a fast diagnosis that doesn't match my symptoms. He was completely dismissive of my concerns. I raised issue with the diagnosis because it doesn't make sense with what I have experienced.
Have you seen Dr. Angelo Mancuso, DO?
Are you Dr. Mancuso?

Compare Dr. Mancuso

Dr. Mancuso's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology
  •  Malpractice claims in Alabama not available

Dr. Mancuso has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

Why It Matters: Dr. Mancuso's Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Carcinoma in Situ of Skin
  • Jock Itch
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis

Graduated in 1983

Grand Rapids Osteopathic Hospital
    Fellowship Dermatologic/Cosmetic Surgery
    George a Farber MD

Dr. Mancuso does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mancuso and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology