Dr. Angeli Akey, MD

Internal Medicine ·  Female · Age 49

Dr. Akey

North Florida Internal Medicine

6228 NW 43rd St Ste B Gainesville, FL 32653

Dr. Angeli Akey, MD is an internal medicine specialist in Gainesville, FL and has been practicing for 22 years. She graduated from University Of Florida College Of Medicine in 1989 and specializes in internal medicine.

Dr. Akey's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Akey

3.5

Dr. Akey?
Dr. Akey's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Angeli Akey, MD
She is very knowledgeable. I feel her bedside manner is a mix of Asperger's/The Good Doctor (TV show). She doesn't take a lot of time, so be sure you're to the point. I love the nuggets of knowledge she gives, if you're able to take it in. She seems to get interns to avoid paying staff and you always have to go in for a visit to get ANY question answered. Phone messages are not relayed. Expensive supplements are prescribed...kickbacks? She also recommends lots of her in-house seminars...$
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angeli Akey, MD?
She tends to rush into a diagnosis without waiting for test results. Doesn't seem to listen, rushes her questioning and explanations sometimes making me confused. Always insists on one buying expensive supplements which do absolutely nothing. She comes across as a know it all but hasn't been able to find what's wrong with me. Each time I go it's a different diagnosis. I'm still on the fence about her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angeli Akey, MD?
Dr. Akey has training in both conventional and integrative medicine. She is down-to earth and listens, as opposed to throwing pills at the patient. I an delighted with her and the other professionals in her practice. My former PCP was a nice person, but her practice seemed to be undergoing changes and my calls were not returned. I asked a trusted doctor in town for a referral and he recommended Akey. I am so pleased. She offers alternatives to the standard Big Pharma line and I am feeling better
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angeli Akey, MD?
I had an appointment at their office with great hope to receive LDN prescription since Dr.Akey is one of the few doctors who prescribes LDN in town. Come to find out all they did was that a nurse checked my breathing and heart with her stethoscope and collected my medical history. She also recommend me to take Dr.Akey's classes(with charge) and told me to hurry and sign up before the classes fill up. I was charged for $335.00 for the appointment which I paid since I have Aetna and they don't ac
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angeli Akey, MD?
Dr Akey was very knowledgeable of disease management and gave me helpful advise. She really took the time to understand my health concerns.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angeli Akey, MD?
Office is welcoming and smells nice. Mostly cordial office staff but my medical management is not being all the way handled appropriately. Issue sent to have labs my insurance did not cover and was not advised prior so paid office visit, lab, and sent bill! I inquired, told not pay, still outstanding. Referred to Simed neuro who did not check my insurance was active BC I switched companies & was a 1 month gap of which I got another bill. Unresolved and lacking PCC help to resolve.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angeli Akey, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Akey for many years. I have always been treated with respect and professional services are top quality. I love the entire staff. They're friendly and courteous and very compassionate. I highly recommend Dr Akey, Shawna Doran and Dawn Brown to anyone needing a great internal medicine team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angeli Akey, MD?
I've been seeing one of her staff for over a yr now and she seemed to reach a dead end with my tx so scheduled me to see Dr. Akey. Akey barely had a chance to say hello and close the door when she insensitively blurts out that I have PCOS, despite only meeting one of the criteria for it (I believe you need 3 of the criteria for positive dx). She orders a vaginal ultrasound to confirm and it comes back negative for cysts. She continues to say I have PCOS without looking into other possibilities.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angeli Akey, MD?
BAD - Wait time 45-90 minutes (blamed the computer); seal opened on a supplement purchased from office (& they didn't believe me); didn't listen; rushed in & out; very high cost for labs when normal lab work is at no charge (told it was to pay the lab tech); never located my records from previous health provider; staff changed like the weather - what's that say; actually cancelled appointment & closed entire ofc. so all staff could attend a seminar; couldn't run away fast enough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angeli Akey, MD?
Uncomfortable experience. She made me cry after an appointment because she told me that since I didn't have any snacks in my purse it's my fault I'm not healthy. She was overall rude and saw me for approximately 5 minutes without answering all my questions
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angeli Akey, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Akey?

• Integrative Medicine

1997
1996
1989

Dr. Akey accepts

Dr. Akey accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Blue Care HMO
Blue Select
BlueDental Choice

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check if Dr. Akey treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Akey's conditions and procedures:

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Jock Itch
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lipomas
  • Lyme Disease
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nail and Nail Bed Infection