Dr. Angeli Akey, MD

Dr. Angeli Akey, MD

Internal Medicine | Female

Dr. Angeli Akey, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Gainesville, FL. She is 47 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Akey is affiliated with North Florida Regional Medical Center.

Dr. Akey's Experience

See how Dr. Akey's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Akey

Dr. Akey accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Akey has admitting privileges.

Dr. Akey's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Akey to family and friends
    3.6
    Dr. Akey's Performance
    in Gainesville , FL |
    Dr Akey was very knowledgeable of disease management and gave me helpful advise. She really took the time to understand my health concerns.
    Gainesville, FL |
    Office is welcoming and smells nice. Mostly cordial office staff but my medical management is not being all the way handled appropriately. Issue sent to have labs my insurance did not cover and was not advised prior so paid office visit, lab, and sent bill! I inquired, told not pay, still outstanding. Referred to Simed neuro who did not check my insurance was active BC I switched companies & was a 1 month gap of which I got another bill. Unresolved and lacking PCC help to resolve.
    in High Springs, Florida |
    I have been a patient of Dr Akey for many years. I have always been treated with respect and professional services are top quality. I love the entire staff. They're friendly and courteous and very compassionate. I highly recommend Dr Akey, Shawna Doran and Dawn Brown to anyone needing a great internal medicine team.
    Gainesville, FL |
    I've been seeing one of her staff for over a yr now and she seemed to reach a dead end with my tx so scheduled me to see Dr. Akey. Akey barely had a chance to say hello and close the door when she insensitively blurts out that I have PCOS, despite only meeting one of the criteria for it (I believe you need 3 of the criteria for positive dx). She orders a vaginal ultrasound to confirm and it comes back negative for cysts. She continues to say I have PCOS without looking into other possibilities.
    in Gainesville, FL |
    BAD - Wait time 45-90 minutes (blamed the computer); seal opened on a supplement purchased from office (& they didn't believe me); didn't listen; rushed in & out; very high cost for labs when normal lab work is at no charge (told it was to pay the lab tech); never located my records from previous health provider; staff changed like the weather - what's that say; actually cancelled appointment & closed entire ofc. so all staff could attend a seminar; couldn't run away fast enough.
    in Gainesville, FL |
    Uncomfortable experience. She made me cry after an appointment because she told me that since I didn't have any snacks in my purse it's my fault I'm not healthy. She was overall rude and saw me for approximately 5 minutes without answering all my questions
    in Ann Arbor, MI |
    Horrible. My daughter is dealing with significant physical and mental issues related to a previous bout of Lyme. She was put on an anti-depressant which triggered her migranes making it impossible for her to work. Dr. Akey was dismissive, wouldn't listen to our questions or concerns, put my daughter on an additional drug that overloaded her system, didn't follow any proper protocols for second drug. I have been to many doctors, but never one so insensitive, incompetent, unhelpful, and uncaring.
    Have you seen Dr. Angeli Akey, MD?
    Are you Dr. Akey?

Dr. Akey's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
    •  Board certified in Internal Medicine

Dr. Akey has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Akey's Board Certifications

Dr. Akey does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Akey and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

UNIV OF FL COLL OF MED

Graduated in 1993

Yale Sch Med Yale-New Haven Hosp

Completed in 1996

Hosp St. Raphael Yale Sch Med

Completed in 1997

Dr. Akey does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Akey and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatologic Surgery
    • Dermatology

Dr. Akey does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Akey and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.