Dr. Angela Santini, MD

Orthopedic Spine SurgeryFemaleAge 60

Dr. Santini
Telehealth services available
19450 Deerfield Ave Ste 175 Lansdowne, VA 20176

Dr. Angela Santini, MD is a Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialist in Lansdowne, VA and has over 32 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from University Of Texas Southwestern Med Center At Dallas Dallas Tx medical school in 1989. She is affiliated with Inova Loudoun Hospital. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Santini to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialists in your area

• Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check if Dr. Santini treats your condition or procedure

• Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminoforaminotomy
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • McMurray's Test
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Meniscus Surgery
  • Musculoskeletal Function Test
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osgood Schlatter Disease
  • Spinal Cord Tumor
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Stress Fracture of Foot
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Tenosynovitis
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Disorders
  • Wrist Fracture

Dr. Santini accepts

Dr. Santini accepts the following insurance:

Balanced-VA PPO
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care
Carelink HMO
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Guardian
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Principal Financial Group
Tricare
TriCare for Life

Dr. Santini's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Santini

3.5

Dr. Santini?
  • Office environment (46)
  • Appointment scheduling (43)
  • Staff friendliness (41)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (22)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (17)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (9)
Dr. Santini came recommended to me by a friend. I made sure she/the office knew that when I made the appointment. I had a 10:10 appointment and was not seen until 11:45 with no apology or anything. I felt like she was rushing, no compassion, common courtesy, respect or bedside manner. There are plenty of other great Ortho doctors who have come recommended that I will now try.
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
May 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angela Santini, MD?
A few months ago my wife fell down some steps and fractured her thoracic spine. Thank God we were referred to Dr. Santini, I was fearful that a spine surgeon would encourage spine surgery but upon examination Dr. Santini said my wife would not need surgery and put her in a hi-tech lightweight brace that immediately gave my wife support and comfort. Weeks later, final x-rays revealed that she is healed; she no longer needs the brace and is back to normal. It was a pleasure meeting Dr. Santini; she is simply the BEST! Also, kudos to her Assistant “Matt” who received us when we arrived and made us feel very comfortable prior to meeting Dr. Santini.
Francis and Carole Sargent – Mar 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angela Santini, MD?
I started seeing Dr Santini in fall ‘18.I had hand numbness/tingling (more left hand)since being pregnant Oct ‘17 and radiating left thoracic back pain since Apr ‘18.Had been to 10sessions of physical therapy with no relief,had previously had hand steroid injections with no relief.She dismissed my symptoms after simply listening to me (no imaging), said “I don’t think you have any serious spinal issues”.I demanded an MRI-she ordered thoracic which was apparently normal.Gave me thoracic trigger point steroid injection-again no relief.EMG showed mild carpal tunnel.Being that my husband&I wanted to get pregnant,I went ahead and scheduled left carpal tunnel surgery. While the surgery itself went well I had NO relief in hand tingling.Fast forward to 2021 @31 weeks pregnant, my hands and back in 9/10 pain.I went to another spinal Dr who immediately ordered a cervical MRI-showed disk herniations at 3 levels mostlyC7.Have been on steroids,may be headed for disk replacement after delivery.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Mar 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angela Santini, MD?
I waited forever ... she finally comes in Doesn't even say her name and starts yelling at me. This is how she treats new patients. Very judgmental and cold hearted Never go here
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
Jan 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angela Santini, MD?
1st appointment - Santini diagnosed my shoulder pain and gave me a Cortisone shot. All was well up to that point. But then she quickly left the room after finding out if a 2-week follow-up would work for me. No parting words, or asking if I had questions or just "goodbye". Just walked out and closed the door. The 2nd appointment was similar. She said that I would now have to schedule an MRI and stopped me mid-sentence of a question as she headed for the door and said: "hold on a minute" and left the room. So I waited for her but instead, her assistant comes to get me and leads me to the front to get info on MRI imaging and to check out. I had to send the assistant to her with my questions. Although I was literally around the corner and she could hear me, she sent him back with the answers. I felt very demeaned and unrespected. She lacked compassion, common courtesy, and respect. I'm definitely switching to someone else who shows genuine care for ALL people.
Jul 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angela Santini, MD?
Dr. Santini was an excellent choice for my two level ACDF surgery. The surgery was a complete success with surprisingly little post op pain and virtually none of the potential negative consequences. I was very nervous about this surgery and her pre-op preparations and conversations with me gave me a great deal of confidence in her experience and abilities. She has a laser focus on the success of the surgery and your full recovery. She came highly recommended and I see why. Without a doubt, I would go back to her for additional surgery if needed.
Richard Cieri – Jun 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angela Santini, MD?
Dr. Santini and her staff are exceptional. After experiencing several months of pain due to a disc fragment impinging a nerve root, I was treated with excellent and compassionate care at this office. Dr. Santini performed my surgery with incredible expertise and she also gave me some sound recuperation advice which helped me get back to my normal routine much faster than I expected. Today I have zero pain and feel that I have better understanding of keeping my back at optimal health; I highly recommend Dr. Santini and am so grateful for her care!
C. Hall – Apr 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angela Santini, MD?
I had a 2 level fusion done in my neck after suffering for many years on and off. It had gotten to the point where I couldn't do the things I loved without paying for it with pain and neck stiffness afterwards. Now I feel like I got my life back! Dr. Santini was great! Between she and Janet, I had all my questions answered fully and felt really prepared going into the surgery. Best decision ever.
Jan 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angela Santini, MD?
I saw Dr. Santini for a lumbar disc herniation. As a person who typically experiences back pain I know what a struggle it can be to find a treatment that works. After a fall my back pain was particularly bad and accompanied by severe nerve pain in my left leg. I was referred to Dr. Santini by my general practitioner. Her office staff was very kind and efficient, they were able to schedule me an appointment very quickly and get me all the information I needed. During my first appointment Dr. Santini listened to the explanation of my symptoms, and performed an evaluation. She was able to quickly identify and explain what she believed the diagnosis was and sent me to get an MRI for confirmation. Her office worked closely with me and my insurance company to get approval and the procedure scheduled ASAP. Post MRI her office was again able to schedule a follow up quickly. During my second visit Dr. Santini reviewed the MRI with me, and confirmed her original suspicion of a herniated disc in
Jillian Olson – Nov 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angela Santini, MD?
Dr. Santini is a miracle worker! I absolutely DID NOT want anything to do with surgery, but after some tough love from my family i reluctanly made a move from all natural attempts to medical after 15 years of sometimes debilitating low back pain. At 45, this is my first surgery ever, this practice put me at ease with care and support through the process. I was convinced NOTHING would "fix me." One and a half months ago I had an L5/S1 ALIF, what an amazing difference! I, along with friends and family, are noticing both mental, emotional, and physical improvements each day. She and her entire staff are simply fantastic. I can not thank them enough for what they have done for me, my family, and my physical and emotional wellbeing.
MOLLY STEINBACH – Oct 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angela Santini, MD?
Dr.Santini preformed arthroscopic surgery on my right knee. Immediately after the surgery I could feel a difference and that my one week follow up I was walking fine with no pain at all. I would recommend Dr. Santini to anyone who’s had any sort of knee problems. Five Stars!! B.Bowes
Jul 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angela Santini, MD?
Dr. Santini did a laminectomy for me and in the process discovered an issue that several other Doctors missed or dismissed. I felt better immediately and was able to get much needed treatment that had went undiagnosed for a long time. She is a true gem! She has wonderful and caring staff members! Highly recommend her!
Jun 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angela Santini, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Santini, she treated me for a herniated disc, the entire process was organized, very professional and beyond my expectations. Once it was determined I needed surgery to correct the issues I was having and based on the severity of the pain I was in they went above and beyond to get my surgery scheduled as soon as possible. Follow-up appointments have been just as good, Dr. Santini takes time to talk with you, explain and answer questions. I had a great experience with this practice.
Brambleton, VA – Jun 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angela Santini, MD?
Run! If she operates on your knee, you might never run again. She performed a simple meniscus tear operation. Made me step on my foot right away after surgery, when I felt I insured it again, which she never admitted to, don't even wanted to look at it, even so I had many doctors visits with her afterwards. Always told me I'm in pain, because I have artheritis. This has caused me 3 Baker's cysts, which one exploded in my leg, 2 had to be drained. I find another doctor, needed a second surgery.
Feb 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angela Santini, MD?
Not quite responsible and paid enough attention to my problem. I have multi degenerative issues on my spine MRI with symptom of sciatica. But she only pointed the intervertebral foramen stenosis and said "If you want me to do it, I can do it for you." But the doctor in John Hopkins said we need to do a diagnostic treatment (nerve blocking) to make sure this where and what caused your sciatica. From there we will decide what to next. Images of spin problems may not 1 to 1 related to symptoms.
Ashburn, VA – Oct 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angela Santini, MD?
Dr. Santini did a C6-7 Discectomy and fusion on me and as soon as I woke up from surgery I felt 100% better. She is a wonderful physician and her office staff is wonderful as well.
Cindy in Leesburg, VA – May 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angela Santini, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Santini. This was my first surgery at the age of 38. I had a very large herniation at my C6-7, I had been in excruciating pain for too long, wish I had the surgery sooner . Dr. Santini was amazing and continued to be through my recovery. Staff is so friendly and very flexible in changing appointment times. If you have been looking for a surgeon I would look no further.
Lauren B in Ashburn VA – Mar 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angela Santini, MD?
DR. Santini performed a lengthy procedure on my lower back for multiple factors that caused me debilitating pain for years. I am now pain free and feel like I can now enjoy my life. Thanks!!!!!!!!
Leesburg, VA – Oct 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angela Santini, MD?
Saw Dr. Santini for extreme and debilitating pain in my lower spinal area that also effected my left leg. Dr. Santini advised that She was 98% certain that physical therapy would correct the problem and recommended this rather then surgery. The pain was so bad that I could hardly walk and was skeptical of ever getting better. Well, It's been over 2 years now and I'm pain free and enjoying all the outdoor activities I thought I would never enjoy again. Thank you and your great Staff.
Ken Fognano in Purcellville , VA – Jan 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angela Santini, MD?
Outstanding! neck pain for years, tried to go the conservative route but seemed only temporary relief which is what Dr. Santini had said. I finally had the surgery and the results were amazing. Why did I wait?! I have my life back and couldn't be more pleased with the process start to finish. Thank you Dr. Santini and staff for everything you have done. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!
Chris in Ashburn, VA – Dec 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angela Santini, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Santini?

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery