Dr. Angela Gibbs, MD

Dr. Angela Gibbs, MD

Family Medicine  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Angela Gibbs, MD is a family medicine specialist in Berlin, MD and has been practicing for 14 years. She graduated from Uniformed Services University of The Health Sciences in 1992 and specializes in family medicine.Read her story

11200 Racetrack Rd Ste A104

Berlin, MD 21811

Learn about Dr. Gibbs

Dr. Gibbs' Experience

Dr. Gibbs' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Gibbs' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Gibbs "I was born, raised and graduated High School in Long Island, New York. I entered the Army as an enlisted soldier and trained as a Combat Medic/Pharmacy Tech at 18yrs old. I completed my undergraduate degree in Psychology at the University of Washington, Seattle, WA, after my honorable discharge from the service and subsequently was accepted to USUHS (Military Medical School) in Bethesda MD in 1987. Upon graduation I completed a Family Practice Internship and then served as a General Practice Doctor in the Army while stationed in Korea, Virginia and Germany. I supported the troops on deployments to Macedonia and Kosovo. I was honorably discharged, again, from service in 2001. I completed Residency in Family Practice at the Medical College of Georgia in 2004. My family and I moved to Berlin, Maryland in 2007 and I was employed by PRMC until 9/2016. I provided Occupational Health services for 1 year to a company in Salisbury MD, but am now in Private Practice with Dr Gunn in our new office on Racetrack Road in Ocean Pines. I am a Certified Medical Examiner (DOT physicals), a certified Aviation Medical Examiner (FAA physicals) and a Medical Review Officer for Drug Screenings. I have been Board Certified in Family Practice since 2005 and am a licensed Family Practice Doctor in Maryland. I have been married since 1979 and have 2 grown daughters."

This content was provided by Dr. Gibbs "I believe in listening to my patients and always taking their concerns and issues into account while working as a 'team' with them in all aspects of their preventative health, acute illness, chronic illness, rehabilitation or end of life care.

I give my patients the time they need to ask questions and have them satisfactorily answered. I explain medical issues in 'English.' I respect people of all gender identities, ethnicities, religions and affiliations. My patient's personal preferences for care are important to me and respected to the best of my ability."

• Family Practice

• Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Syphilis Screening
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• University of Washington
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Uniformed Services University of The Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Dd Eisenhower Amc
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Medical College of Georgia
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004

Dr. Gibbs has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gibbs does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gibbs and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gibbs' Reviews

3.3
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gibbs to family and friends

Dr. Gibbs' Performance

GOOD

GOOD

Dr. Gibbs Says:
"

I am unable to respond to the individuals who left 2 and 1 ratings because they did not say what displeased them, but as of 3/5/2018 I have started my own private practice in Ocean Pines to remedy the 'access to care' issues patients used to have with my old office. My office now has 30-60 minute appointments, same or next day appointment availability and there is always someone available to speak with on the phone (after hours and

...

Dr Gibbs is fantastic. She takes her time with each patient. For this reason you will wait a long time to be seen. But I'd rather wait and know the Dr I'm seeing will be thorough and not rushing off to next patient.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr Gibbs is first doctor that I have had the pleasure of seeing in Maryland. dr Gibbs made me feel welcomed and cared for from the moment I met her and throughout my appointment she did not rush like most doctors do. A plus plus service!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0