Dr. Angela Chen, MD

Family Medicine | Female

Dr. Angela Chen, MD
Dr. Angela Chen, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Houston, TX. She is 42 years old and has been practicing for 11 years. Dr. Chen is affiliated with Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center.

Dr. Chen's Experience

See how Dr. Chen's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Chen

Dr. Chen accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Chen is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Chen has admitting privileges.

Dr. Chen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chen to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Chen's Performance
Houston, TX |
While Dr. Chen is thorough and does clinically-sound work, I would NOT recommend going to see her because her staff (especially her nurse) is totally UNPROFESSIONAL and very rude. The nurse is very condescending (without cause, as she has no clue what she's talking about most times). She comes into the room and tries to give her opinions on what may be going on with you, which is usually offbase and wrong. I'm a physician myself. I could not work with the sort of nurse Dr. Chen does. Nope!
Houston , TX |
Dr Chen is a brilliant Dr. She avoides prescribing antibiotics. She makes you feel like she's there to take care of you and she does. Dr Chen is in no hurry when ut comes to her patients questions and concerns.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Chen spent quite a bit of time with me listening to my concerns. Each appointment she has not been rushed to move on to the next patient. She explained her diagnosis instead of just prescribing medicine and sending on my way as I have experienced with other doctors. I have recommended her to several friends and family members.
in Sugar Land, TX |
I love seeing Dr. Chen! You can tell she really cares about her patients because she takes the time to talk to you (a rarity in my opinion). She has always given me great medical advice, too! Highly recommend to family and friends.
in Katy, TX |
Dr Chen is very professional and very compassionate with her patients. Great listener, you never feel like she is rushing you.
in Houston, TX |
I love Dr. Chen! I've never had a problem making appointments, and I've never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes when I get there. Dr. Chen takes time to sit down and actually talk with her patients about what's going on, unlike some other doctors that don't seem to care and rush patients through like cattle. She always has good advice for me, and she has a great sense of humor. I enjoy going to see her and highly recommend her to everyone!
Houston, TX |
During my first appointment with Dr. Chen, I was very impressed, and I really enjoyed my visit. After that, it went way downhill. On one occasion, my appointment was 40 minutes delayed, which wasn't too big of a deal for me, but when I was 10 minutes late to an appointment (after calling ahead to let them know I would be a little late), I was treated like garbage from Dr. Chen. I would recommend finding a different doctor because she isn't too friendly.
Houston, TX |
She helped me a lot to get treatment as soon a possible for my cancer. She was very kind and understand my needs and my fears. She explain everything that was going to happen and what was going on in my body.
in Houston, TX |
She is very caring & pays attention to the patients needs. Very thorough & spends quality time to make sure we get adequate care.
in Houston, TX |
Avoid this one at all cost! Zero communications what so ever. ZERO! Tried to contact the doctor with quick question/concerns and the nurse/assistant basically told me she won't talk to me unless I schedule an appointment with her. She also changed my prescription completely with no notification. Her style is my way or the high way If you want a doctor will not work with her patients, then she is not for you.
Have you seen Dr. Angela Chen, MD?
Are you Dr. Chen?

Compare Dr. Chen

Dr. Chen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

• Abscess
  • Thyroid Disease

TX A & M UNIV SYS HSC COLL OF MED

Graduated in 2006

Dr. Chen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Intrauterine Device (IUD) Placement