Dr. Angel Caraballo, MD

Dr. Angel Caraballo, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry  ·

Dr. Angel Caraballo, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in New York, NY. He specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry, psychiatry, and more.Read his story

Angel A Caraballo MD

140 W 86th St Apt 4A

New York, NY 10024

• We do not accept health insurance

No malpractice claims found for New York

Dr. Caraballo's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Marijuana Addiction
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Separation Anxiety

Dr. Caraballo has many years of significant and continuing contribution to patient care, teaching and education and as an advocate for patients. He completed his BA in Biology from Union College and obtained his medical degree from the Instituto Tecn...

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Adult Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

New York Presbyterian--University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell
Stony Brook University Hospital (SUNY)
Stony Brook University Hospital (SUNY)
INTEC
Union College
Columbia University Center for Psychoanalytic Training & Research

Dr. Caraballo's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Caraballo

Dr. Caraballo?
Dr. Caraballo's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Angel Caraballo, MD
Dr. Caraballo is the best! He is knowledgeable, caring and patient, and I feel so fortunate to have found him to treat my son. After many years of misdiagnosis and ineffective treatment by other mental health professionals, my son is finally returning to the happy, engaged and more confident person I knew he could be. Dr. Caraballo is a gem.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angel Caraballo, MD?
For the past three years my life has completely changed. I started in crisis needing to be actively stabilized by Dr. Caraballo. I saw him twice per week and eventually leveled off to a baseline. As a bipolar patient in recovery my last two years have been much much better. I have gone to being employable and promoted. Single to engaged. Isolated to being among friends. I used to be unable to manage my schedule and now I focus beyond work on charity and an active spiritual life. 10/10
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angel Caraballo, MD?
I would recommend him to my loved ones
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angel Caraballo, MD?
It is a pleasure to work with Dr, Angel Caraballo. I accompany my teenage daughter to appointments and he spends time talking with both of us, separately, and together. I feel as though he listens carefully and, knows and understands my daughter's needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angel Caraballo, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Angel Caraballo for 7+ years. What makes Dr. Caraballo special is: a) Caring: Dr. Caraballo truly cares about his patients. b) Availability post-session: I am not afraid to try new medications / treatments since I know that if there needs to be a change, I can get in contact with Dr. Caraballo very quickly - rare for a psychiatrist! c) Knowledge: Dr. Caraballo is very well-read - always discussing the best in the latest medication and non-medication ...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angel Caraballo, MD?
Dr. Caraballo has been instrumental in my emotional health - transitioning out of high school to college and into adulthood. He genuinely cares about me and my emotional health and understands that therapy does not happen once a week inside an office. If I ever have an issue, question, or concern, he is always there, no matter the time of day. He is thorough and considerate and his level of care is second-to-none. I'm lucky to have a therapist of his caliber in my corner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angel Caraballo, MD?
Dr. Caraballo is very good at identifying patterns of thought and behavior and reframing those habits in constructive ways. He also makes himself available for follow-ups by phone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angel Caraballo, MD?
One of the best psychiatrists in Manhattan...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angel Caraballo, MD?
I was suffering from serious depression and anxiety and Dr. Caraballo helped me deal with those issues both through medication and talking things through. I was previously very against taking medication but he helped remove the stigma, which was very important for me. Every time I had tried going to therapy before it was something I seriously dreaded but I actually look forward to meeting with Dr. Caraballo.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angel Caraballo, MD?
Dr. C is a very kind man who's great at listening, empathizing, advising, and talking through difficult problems and situations. He helped me bring my depression under control with a combination of talk and medicine, even after I was certain it would be impossible to find help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angel Caraballo, MD?
Overall my experience has been excellent, I feel that I can be open, and trust him. For the most part his explanations are very clear and usually if they aren't then he will try to find a way to explain it to me more clearly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angel Caraballo, MD?
I'm a trans teen and in my life I've had around five therapists. I'm an extremely private person, I don't express my feelings well and I don't tell people anything about me. When I vent to my friends I apologize and delete my messages afterwards. I don't like to talk about my problems with anyone ever. But Dr. C can tell when I'm hiding something, much better than the others. I'm still not completely open, which is my own problem I'm working on but I'm more open with him ...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angel Caraballo, MD?
My experience with Angel is very good, and he is the first doctor who was able to actually help me, because he was able to figure out the problem that I was having, which none of my other therapists were able to do.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angel Caraballo, MD?
Good listening skills, trustworthy, and reliable...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angel Caraballo, MD?
Dr. Caraballo is a skilled practitioner of the art and science of Psychiatry. He is one of the few in the field that is both a therapist and a medical doctor - therefore he does not have bias regarding therapy vs. medications. Of particular note he is very aware of how inter-cultural influences play a role in the development of personality and psychic conflict. This gives him tremendous empathy with respect to those from different cultural and ethnic groups. I would recommend him highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angel Caraballo, MD?
Dr Caraballo is a friendly and engaging doctor. He is very attuned to our family dynamics and meets us accordingly. WE appreciate his responsiveness and recommend him highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Angel Caraballo, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Caraballo?

Angel A Caraballo MD

• Wed: closed
    • Sat: closed

Insurance accepted

We do not accept health insurance

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Caraballo treats patients.