Dr. Aneeta Gupta, MD

Dr. Gupta
Telehealth services available

Carolina Neurology Center

1 Town Square Blvd Ste 218 Asheville, NC 28803

Dr. Aneeta Gupta, MD is a Clinical Neurophysiologist in Asheville, NC. Dr. Gupta has more experience with Headache and Neurodegenerative Disorders than other specialists in her area. She is affiliated with medical facilities AdventHealth Hendersonville and Pardee Hospital. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Gupta to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Clinical Neurophysiologists in your area

See similar Clinical Neurophysiologists in Asheville

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Gupta accepts

Dr. Gupta accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

No malpractice claims found for North Carolina

Headache

Headache is a common symptom that can sometimes signal a more serious condition, such as migraine, high blood pressure, or cerebral hemorrhage.Compare with other Headache specialists.

Typically treats 71% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 5 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Migraine

Dr. Gupta treats Migraine more than 95% of their peers

Dr. Gupta treats this condition more than 95% of their peers

All Headaches (incl. Migraine)

Dr. Gupta treats All Headaches (incl. Migraine) more than 94% of their peers

Dr. Gupta treats this condition more than 94% of their peers

Headache

Dr. Gupta treats Headache more than 80% of their peers

Dr. Gupta treats this condition more than 80% of their peers

Neurodegenerative Disorders

Neurodegenerative disorders specialists diagnose and treat diseases, such as Parkinson's disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Lewy body disease, and Huntington's disease, that break down motor neurons, resulting in debiliating and life-threatening symptoms.Compare with other Neurodegenerative Disorders specialists.

Typically treats 53% more than their peers

• Huntington's Disease
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Lyme Disease
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Syncope
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Tension Headache
  • Torticollis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vasculitis
  • Vertigo

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Aneeta Gupta, MD...

Offer evening visits?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Communicate via email?

Offer weekend visits?

Dr. Gupta's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gupta

4.3

Dr. Gupta?
What People Say About Dr. Aneeta Gupta, MD
I saw Dr. Gupta after a concussion that left me with symptoms for nearly a year. In our initial visit and followups, she was extremely courteous, reassuring, helpful, and clearly deeply experienced in this area. She helped me recover more quickly by teaching me how to care for myself and mitigate symptoms, not simply through medications but through lifestyle changes and adaptations to a new and initially difficult situation. I would strongly recommend her care to anyone with a concussion experience.
Elizabeth K. – May 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aneeta Gupta, MD?
Unfortunately I had two car accidents, 8 years apart. Fortunately, no one was injured. I luckily found Dr. Gupta who figured out the cause of my car accidents. On two separate occasions I had to stop driving for a few months. I have sleep apnea and after an MRI, overnight sleep study, EEG, EKG, 48 hour EEG, and many blood tests, Dr. Gupta discovered I was using the wrong CPAP machine and mask. I was getting, what I thought, was good sleep, but that was not the case. I am now on an APAP machine, a different mask, and have a prescription. I sleep longer, more fitfully and feel refreshed when I wake up in the morning. I am back to driving. All thanks to Dr. Gupta. She has always explained every test I took, the results and her recommendations. She was tenacious in helping me get back to a normal sleep pattern and, more importantly, my life. THANK YOU DR. GUPTA.
Barbara WassermAn – Mar 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aneeta Gupta, MD?
Due to headaches and insomnia, I was treated by Dr. Gupta. She prescribed a sleep study, which revealed that my REM sleep was prevented by RLM. Switch from SSRI meds to Wellbutrin made healthy sleep possible again. Dr. Gupta also prescribed PT for headaches, which was effective.
Mar 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aneeta Gupta, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Gupta for over 10 years now. I live in West Asheville and go all of the way to her office in Hendersonville because I feel she is the best. She is not only extremely proactive in finding the best course of action for anything that is going on with me, but she is also very caring, taking a lot of time during our visits, not just rushing through. I would definitely recommend her, and appreciate
Karen – Mar 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aneeta Gupta, MD?
I am so thankful that I have found a doctor that listens and is compassionate about my health. Dr Gupta has managed my Migraines and I am so thankful for her. Her staff is awesome.
Jk – Feb 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aneeta Gupta, MD?
I’ve never had an experience with a doctor (or any professional for that matter) like the one I had with Dr. Gupta. It was quite confounding and unnerving. I’ve waited weeks to write this review to be sure that I’m not writing from a state of anger and frustration. Before I decided to make an appointment with her, I’d read a few reviews, some very good. But obviously I hadn’t read enough reviews. The one thing I learned from this experience (and I would urge everyone to do it) is to always, always read as many reviews as you can find from as may different websites you can find before making an appointment with a doctor. After the “appointment from hell”, I checked out more review sites to see if anyone else had ever experienced what I had with Dr. Gupta. And, yes, there were actually quite a number. But if you believe all the reviews, both the good and the bad, you can only deduce that Dr. Gupta has a split personality, a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde sort of thing. I don’t know if
Dec 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aneeta Gupta, MD?
Very professional, explained the procedure and results in great detail. Wish more doctors would be that way.
Nov 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aneeta Gupta, MD?
Dr. Gupta is very knowledgeable and is willing to listen to your concerns. She is very proactive with her treatments, and very thorough explaining the treatment procedures. She is good at educating you as to which method of treatment will be use, and the reasoning behind. I feel very well informed, and comfortable with her decision. Her office is very neat and clean. The staff is very friendly, courteous, and efficient. I would highly recommend Dr. Gupta
GM, 09/24/2019 – Sep 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aneeta Gupta, MD?
Dr. Gupta is highly knowledgeable and thorough. I received treatment for five years at a world renowned hospital and no one has ever been able to figure out through testing my issue until Dr Gupta knew which tests to order. Also love the entire office staff. Highly recommend
Melanie Bradshaw – Aug 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aneeta Gupta, MD?
Dr. Gupta is treating both my parents for dementia. Because my mom was resistant to the diagnosis, I was concerned, but Dr. Gupta was kind and caring and quite responsive to my mom's needs, while still being clear and direct. Because of the quality of her care with my mom, we also brought my dad to see her, and she was able to help us better understand his condition. She gave us a clear understanding of his condition, which his former neurologist had not done. She also caught a medication error from his former doctor, and was very professional in how she handled that situation. I highly recommend her.
Barbara – Jun 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aneeta Gupta, MD?
Very kind and compassionate Doctor. Answered all of my questions so that I had a full understanding of my diagnosis.
Apr 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aneeta Gupta, MD?
Dr. Gupta is very knowledgeable and willing to listen to concerns and proactive with treatments. We have been pleased with her services so far for both myself and my daughter's seizure conditions.
Mar 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aneeta Gupta, MD?
Dr. Gupta has a wonderful bedside manner, she is very attentive to my needs and is very thorough explaining treatments. It's easy to speak to her about my symptoms, she listens and gives me feedback as well as educating me as to which method of treatment we'll use and what the reasoning behind it is so I feel very well informed and comfortable with the decision. Her office is very neat and the staff are very friendly and efficient, I would highly recommend Dr. Gupta
brett in NC – Feb 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aneeta Gupta, MD?
Dr. Gupta is very caring and intelligent. I was able to see her ASAP not like other doctors. She took time to listen to my issues. With her excellent treatment for complicated migraine I am feeling back to normal. She has treated my grandmother and she is doing great too. I highly recommend her. I appreciate Dr. Gupta for making my life better where I can enjoy with my young boys.
Alpa Patel in TN – Feb 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aneeta Gupta, MD?
Dr. Gupta understood my problems and concerns and reached a solution quickly.
Nan Jennings – Jan 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aneeta Gupta, MD?
Dr. Gupta has always treated us as people, not as numbers. From day one in her office we felt like she listened to us and didn't try to just "move us through the machine."
Franklin, NC – Nov 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aneeta Gupta, MD?
I should have known that the medical advice I was receiving was subpar when this was the only neurologist that I could schedule an appointment with so quickly. She didn’t work with my other doctors at all to discuss my diagnosis. She even went as far as to accuse me of faking it. I was so upset and distraught after this doctor’s visit I nearly gave up seeking answers. Luckily I was able to find answers with another doctor and have surgery scheduled for the end of the year. Don’t waste your time
Nov 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aneeta Gupta, MD?
I had some neurological problems including memory wasn't really bad. Dr. Gupta asked questions and ran tests to help determine what was going on. She did a great job of explaining everything to me. Dr. Gupta is caring and compassionate and treated me so kind. I appreciate her and all her staff.
Angela B in NC, NC – Jul 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aneeta Gupta, MD?
My husband was extremely sick when he began treatment with Dr.Gupta. With her absolutely excellent treatment, frequent assessments, testing he is well on his way to full recovery! Her ability to diagnose and treat is outstanding. She listens to both patient and spouse; she is never rushed with us. We love her and are so appreciative of her care. We would definitely recommend her.
Pam in Asheville, NC – Sep 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aneeta Gupta, MD?
Dr. Gupta is a very knowledgeable and caring physician. Her main goal is to actually HELP individuals who may be suffering from sleep apnea and are yet unaware. I wasted so much time seeking help thru the hospital system in Asheville with below par results--such frustration!! Dr. Gupta was recommended to me by another physician as many of her patients were sharing their positive and quick results. Highly recommend--now in the Biltmore Park complex next to the YMCA.
Candler, NC – Aug 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aneeta Gupta, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gupta?

Dr. Gupta has been a practicing neurologist in the Hendersonville / Asheville, North Carolina area since 2003. She specializes in migraine, epilepsy, sleep disorders, peripheral neuropathy and Alzheimer's dementia and has extensive experience in trea...

• Clinical Neurophysiology
  • Neurology
  • Psychiatry
  • Sleep Medicine

Cleveland Clinic

• Hindi

More Information

• Does Dr. Gupta communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Gupta communicates via email

• Does Dr. Gupta offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Gupta offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Gupta offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Gupta offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Gupta have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Gupta has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Gupta offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Gupta offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Gupta offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Gupta offers evening visits