Dr. Andrew Zelby, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 59

Dr. Zelby

Neurological Surgery Spine Surgery

133 E Brush Hill Rd Ste 205 Elmhurst, IL 60126

Dr. Andrew Zelby, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Elmhurst, IL and has over 35 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Oklahoma / Health Sciences Center medical school in 1987. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center La Grange and Elmhurst Hospital - Main Campus. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Zelby to book an appointment.

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Zelby with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at Cancer Treatment Center of America, Chicago.

Make an appointment at Cancer Treatment Center of America, Chicago today at (312) 820-0151.

These providers are on the medical staff of Cancer Treatment Center of America, Chicago.

Dr. Zelby's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Zelby

3.2

1.2820512820512822%
1.2820512820512822%

Dr. Zelby

I was verbally attacked in his office by a patient who obviously didnt think theres a Pandemic going on. When i asked front desk if they could check me in rather than using the automated check in computer in office. Girl said No i cant help you...if you dont use it you can Leave and not see the Dr. Next thing, a patient started yelling , take your gloves off Bi**ch. Then , you shouldnt come out if your afraid!?? Kept on with then calling me a As*s*ole. No front end intervention at All. I asked the women .did that make your day saying nasty words. Plus, she has No Idea my medical background. Again, no intervention from front end No concern from staff member And Dr could care less how his patients are handled by front end My blood pressure was sky high Skip this place Im old and have never been treated like this Ever.
Dec 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Zelby, MD?
Terrible experience all the way around. I showed up to my appointment 23 mins. early and waited 2 hours PAST MY APPOINTMENT TIME! When I asked the lady behind the glass for an explanation, she was clueless and did not know how to respond. I asked if the doctor was even in and she replied yes. Finally after getting called, I was put in a room to wait for the doctor and waited 21 mins. When the doctor came in he started with a comment of humor like that was his was of defusing the situation. I did not feel like a cared for patient. Months later I called to get some paperwork and spoke to Lisa ho treated me like trash and when I asked to speak with the office manager, Diane, I got her voicemail. I called back and asked Lisa to let me speak with the office manager and not to put me in voicemail, that I would hold. She put me on hold for over 39 mins. probably hoping I would hang up, but didn't. Then she threw me into voicemail. I called back and asked to speak with Lisa and she saw my call
Oct 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Zelby, MD?
Dr. Zelby did fusion surgery. Before the procedure I couldn't stand or walk. I am six months out from my surgery and I went to the zoo, the state fair and shopping. My feet and toes were in pain but not my back. Dr. Zelby is professional and compassionate. I would highly recommend his to anybody.
KATHLEEN DUNN – Dec 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Zelby, MD?
My visit started off bad. Dr. Zelby walk in and said you are a new patient. Before I was able to answer. Dr. Zelby said I am here to help you get better. I said I am here for a IME. Then you could see his attitude change completely. I was there for my lower back. I was not having a good day. I told Dr. Zelby that I was in a lot of pain. Also I was having a hard time walking and sitting. I told him how I got hurt. I could tell that he had no idea what is was saying. Durning the exam he would ask to do something. I would tell him that it hurt. Then Dr. Zelby would say stop lying. A patient with a hurt back can do this and not complain. He then said walked on your tippy toes. I tried and said that was to much pain. Dr. Zelby then started to yell at me do it. I said I can not do it. Then Zelby said I am done with your exam. Dr. Zelby over all report hurt me with worker’s comp. If you go to Dr. Zelby for a IME make sure you have a good lawyer. I was there was negative star rating ????
Dec 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Zelby, MD?
Excellent only begins to describe the care I received from Dr. Zelby and his staff. I was completely shut down and in constant pain due to a herniated disc and spinal bone spur. He performed the microdiscectomy and the pain immediately was gone. In less than 2 weeks I'm back to work and my life is back. Do not be afraid of you are in need of help. You can put your trust in this man. He is truly a great surgeon.
Pat Calcagno in Westchester, IL – Nov 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Zelby, MD?
Do not trust this man. If you have a work comp situation change doctors do not come to him. He is a LIAR. I am calling ABC7 investigations on him because he is literally a complete liar of a doctor. He needs to be behind bars.
B in Harwood Heights , IL – Mar 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Zelby, MD?
Flim Flam operation. On the take for workers Comp insurance goons. How many IMEs can he get done in one day and how much money can he make by giving favorable IMEs for the workers Comp goon? This man is so unethical and untrustworthy. The way he discredits what reputable doctors are saying about their patient is disgraceful. His medical credentials needs to be revoked. He is a complete narcissist, delusional and a habitual liar. This man is a fake and needs to be brought up on criminal charges
Feb 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Zelby, MD?
Stay away from this idiot if your sent for workers comp or some insurance comp. Perfect example of a Dr being paid and working for the insurance company. Its really sad money is more important than the patient. He went completely against what my dr said that i needed surgery and i was denied. After years of fighting with worker comp and almost losing my job, i finally had surgery on my time and money.
T. in IL – Aug 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Zelby, MD?
Fantastic surgeon. Great (helpful, knowledgable, attentive ) staff.
Joe W in Riverside, illinois – Apr 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Zelby, MD?
I hada laminecty and fusion with Dr Zelby and couldnt be happier. He is very professional and I had complete faith in him. When someone is working on your back and operating on your nerves there has to be trust. It has been eight months and I couldnt feel better. He is the best. I heard stories about other Neurosurgeons and I am glad I picked the best!
Ginger in Joliet – Sep 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Zelby, MD?
Dr. Zelby cares for the patient using both compassion and vast medical knowledge. The procedure was explained to me in detail and the results were pretty spot on. Before the surgery it was great to see Dr Zelby so calm and reassuring, this truly put me at ease. I am now 8 weeks post surgery and I feel better than I have in years!!!
John Carey in Minooka IL – Aug 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Zelby, MD?
Dr. Zelby is by far one of the best doctors I have ever met. He explains everything. His compassion and concern for his patients is unbelievable. He doesn't not stop the visit until he has answered all of the patient and family's questions. The office staff are just as compassionate as he is!
Lucia in Minooka, IL – Jun 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Zelby, MD?
if you are sent to this uncaring, money hungry, self centered, arrogant, jerk by work comp ins, you are in trouble. He works for the insurance company's. I've been fighting a back injury for 3 years. I seen him in 2015, again 2017, both times he said I was fine. I had surgery in 2016 that helped tremendously, but not totally fixed. He said the surgeon had no reason to operate, he even went as far as to say I'm suffering from munchousen syndrome.. look it up.. good luck with this CLOWN!!!!
Mike Lomax in Danville, IL – Apr 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Zelby, MD?
Dr. Zelby was kind, compassionate knowledgeable. He explained everything would very clearly my outcome excellent. His is also caring helpful. I would refer him to anyone having back pain.
Kevin in Oak Park, iL – Mar 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Zelby, MD?
He is patient, explains things in detail...and he is an amazing surgeon. His taff is fantastic, they ake you feel safe.
Oak Park, IL – Mar 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Zelby, MD?
He does not even bother to examine you but just looks at paperwork and tells you your fine. He could care less about you or your ability to do your job or activity that you did prior to your injury.do not refer anyone to this doctor.
MARIANN Blacconiere in Northlake Illinois – Jan 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Zelby, MD?
Dr. Zelby sat and spoke with me about my condition for about 20 minutes AFTER doing a thorough physical exam and reviewing my MRI and x-ray's I brought to him for his review. He was reassuring but was good enough to make sure I knew surgery was probably in my future due to my severe disc issues.
Kevin Hayden in Oak Park, IL – Jan 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Zelby, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Zelby. I went to him with severe neck pain and numbness in my arms, both are gone now. I had surgery in September and he spent time clearly explaining what to expect with the surgery and the aftercare. He changed my life!
Jim G. in Brookfield, IL – Oct 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Zelby, MD?
!!!BEWARE!!!. If you are sent to this Doctor by an Insurance company for an IME examination prepare for the worst. He is only concerned about his pay check from the insurance company to provide unethical, subjective, and favorable evaluations for the insurance company to limit liability and deny treatment. He dismisses empirical evidence from MRIs, X-Rays, FCE reports, and previous doctors ‘evaluations. He is not cognizant of his Hippocratic Oath. He dismisses the patient’s symptoms as subj
Lucy in Elgin, IL – Aug 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Zelby, MD?
Do not be fooled by the high review. Dr. Zelby will assume your problem and not listen to your needs. He will interrogate you and make you feel that you are causing your own problems. His nurse will examine you and he will state the obvious to sound like he cares. Dr. Zelby told my wife that her posture is poor and that Woman do not like to hear that because they have boobs. We have good insurance, and had our MRI on CD and had visuals to present. Dr. Zelby did not do a physical exam.
CHRIS R in Wood dale, IL – Jul 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Zelby, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Zelby?
Provider explaining information to patient