Dr. Andrew Yun, MD

Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 52

Dr. Yun

Hip & Pelvis Institute St Johns

2001 Santa Monica Blvd Ste 760w Santa Monica, CA 90404

Dr. Andrew Yun, MD is a Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Santa Monica, CA. He is affiliated with medical facilities Good Samaritan Hospital and Providence Saint John's Health Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Yun to book an appointment.

Compare with other Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Yun with our nearby Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at West Hills Hospital & Medical Center.

Make an appointment at West Hills Hospital & Medical Center today at (818) 600-4141.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of West Hills Hospital & Medical Center.

Dr. Yun's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Yun

4.4

Dr. Yun?
Dr. Yun and his staff are amazing. The communications prior to surgery were over and above what I’ve ever seen. Constant text reminders of what to do each day. My surgery was yesterday at 6:30 am and I went home at 2. His office sent a nurse and a PT today. I highly recommend.
Karin Costa – Jul 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
Dr Yun did my right knee replacement. Everything went very smoothly. Three weeks after surgery I was driving. Less then two months after surgery I went to Machu Picchu. My pain was significantly less then my first knee replacement with a different doctor. He is a great surgeon. I highly recommend him.
Kathleen Coughlan – Feb 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
Dr Yun is an amazing surgeon He did two hips and a knee His team is also the very best!
Susan Allen – Jan 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
Dr Yun has a special gift. His hands are miracle workers. I had a total hip replacement. Dr Yun performed surgery and I’m walking almost pain free in 3 weeks. I would highly recommend Dr Yun He and his staff are very much patient oriented. They want the best for you. My surgery was September 26, 2019
Judy M – Oct 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
Very elegant team approach to knee replacement surgery. Excellent pain management, rapid return to function. Questions and concernes dealt with rapidly.
Robert in Encino – Jun 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
Dr. Andrew Yun, is the best surgeon. Beyond amazing. in 6 weeks have my both knees replacement. One day in the hospital and you go home. This is the best think i have ever done for myself. Most important is physical therapy. Without physical therapy you will stuck and you will not have full motion. I am so good and i can do whatever i want. I can walk 7 miles very easy. Beyond amazing doctor. Do not blame a Dr. Andrew Yun for you not doing physical therapy. Highly recommend!!!! He save me
Apr 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
I had a total knee replacement four weeks ago today. I was back at work two weeks ago and started driving 3 weeks ago. I still have tightness (due to swelling) around my knee but walk without the assistance of a cane. I do the daily exercises recommended by Dr. Yun and the visiting therapist. While I was concerned about the pain prior to surgery, everything went well. Dr. Yun's team makes sure you are completely informed and are top notch. Thank you.
Apr 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
Dr Yun is an absolute genius. My husband was told he needed a total knee replacement by all the Doctors here in Idaho. We went to Dr Yun and he did a partial knee, the recovery was so fast, very little pain. I highly recommend Dr Yun.
Richard Haley in ID – Sep 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
Dr. Yun did mention that I could have a patch of numb skin after a anterior hip replacement; he said nothing about a numb thigh. Almost two years later, my thigh is still numb. The pre-op and post-op at the hospital was fantastic, but no one -- no nurse, no assistant, no Dr. Yun -- called me afterwards to see how I was doing.
NC – May 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
I'm 54 and have had a bad knee forever. Held off having a knee replacement until I realized I didn't want to walk to the corner store. My ortho recommended Dr. Yun. He and his team were top notch. My surgery was 5.5 months ago and I just finished a 13 mile hike with my wife yesterday. Zero issues - can't tell which knee was operated on. Play tennis and walk 5 miles everyday. Got my life back. Dr. Yun is not touchy feely, but he and his team are true professionals. Highest recommendation.
Stein in South Bay, CA – May 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
Dr Yun did a partial knee replacement, MakoPlasti on my knee. St Johns Hospital and Dr Yun and his staff are the best. If I want bedside manor, I have my wife for that, surgery however I have Dr Yun. I highly recommend him, up walking 7 days later and full flex 2 months out.
Gary in Huntington Beach, CA – May 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
Dr. Yun has the bedside manner and empathy of an mollusk. You will see him briefly prior to surgery and for a moment the day after. Post surgical follow ups are handled by a PA. Perhaps someone who saws people legs in half day after day loses the ability to expresser feel care and concern. All the skill in the world can't outweigh a total lack of compassion!
E PLUMMER in SANTA BARBARA, CA – May 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
My husband (65 yr old) had a total hip replacement 9 months ago after a motorcycle accident. A surgeon at UCLA put the bits in wrong; too short, twisted, cap askew. He had a complete dislocation 10 days after surgery and continued to sublex every day. It's been very rough, needless to say. We met with a number of surgeons to inquire about a revision, and Dr Yun was the clear choice. The day after surgery my husband was already walking better. Dr. Yun is one of the very best in his field.
Heather in Santa Monica, CA – Apr 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
I had a THR on 03/08/2018 and was discharged the next day. 30 hours door to door. I am a 70 y.o. male and my experience with Dr. Yun and his team was beyond what I expected. My care at St. John's and from Dr. Yun's surgical team was attentive, professional and precise. And enormously successful. Post-op my legs feel the same length. I was able to suspend all pain meds two days after surgery and navigated a walker around the block 3 days post-op.
Santa Monica – Mar 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
Dr. Yun's training is as good as you will find. By specializing in a few surgical procedures he has expertise at the highest level of specialization. The rule of thumb re surgery is the more the surgeon does , the better he/she is and the better your outcome. Dr. Yun answers your questions responsively . But don't expect him to spend time chatting with you . He is all business, and understandably so given his skill and how many patients gravitate to him because of his expertise.
Laurence Schnabel in Templeton, CA. – Feb 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
I had my RHR 10 years ago with Dr. Yun and my LHR replaced 9 months ago. I am an RN and would only recommend Dr. Yun for hip replacement. I am very active and had almost no down time with a total hip replacement . Immediately after surgery you are up walking around. Came home 24 hours later with no assist device.
Sandra Williamson in Riverside, CA – Jan 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
After months of research I had Dr. Yun do a total hip replacement. I am now 11 wks out and results are fantastic! I flew into Santa Monica on Sept 19th, had pre-op on the 20th, surgery on the 21st, Was walking at 2:pm same day. Checked out on the 22nd. At 5 days I flew home. In 2 weeks I was walking 3/4 mile, in 3 weeks I was walking 1 mile a day, 4 weeks it was 2 miles, plus I was operating heavy equipment, flying my aircraft, riding my ATV, and working in the shop. I am male, 70 yrs old.
Larry Rivers in Talkeetna, Alaska – Dec 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
Dr. Yun has replaced both hips and my right knee...all at separate times of course. I was off the serious pain meds in one week and was driving after 7 days (after I came home). My knee took slightly longer but again driving after two weeks. I have recomended him to others and they all highly praise him and their results. Dr. Yun uses Saint John's. I love that hospital. I received great care from the nurses and rehab people.
Jerry Madison in Los Angeles, CA – Jul 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
After consulting 12 other surgeons , it was clear as soon as I met Dr. Yun that he was the best. This guy is brilliant. He tells you it like it is. He says at 2-3 weeks, you can go back to work. At 3 weeks after total hip replacement , I am walking an hour a day and amazed because I had been in so much pain for so long. Don't even think about going to another surgeon !Dr. Yun is a star. He is succint but he is positive and upbeat. When Dr. Yun says" I can fix this" , he can.He is the best!
Pasadena, CA – Jun 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
Dr. Yun has replaced both my knees and did an excellent job! I was up walking within a very short time and had no complications either time. He is straight forward and doesn't mess around. I trust him implicitly.
Richard Polliak in Sherman Oaks, CA – Apr 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Yun?

We are leaders in Joint Replacement. Serving Southern California and beyond, we help patients suffering with arthritis pain return to a healthy, active lifestyle. Through a combination of personalized medicine and innovative surgical treatments our p...Read more

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery