Dr. Andrew Yun, MD

Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 51

Dr. Yun

Hip & Pelvis Institute St Johns

2001 Santa Monica Blvd Ste 760W Santa Monica, CA 90404

Dr. Andrew Yun, MD is a reconstructive orthopedic surgery specialist in Santa Monica, CA and has been practicing for 24 years. He graduated from Stanford University in 1995 and specializes in reconstructive orthopedic surgery and orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Yun's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Yun

4.3

Dr. Yun?
Dr. Yun's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Andrew Yun, MD
Very elegant team approach to knee replacement surgery. Excellent pain management, rapid return to function. Questions and concernes dealt with rapidly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
Dr. Andrew Yun, is the best surgeon. Beyond amazing. in 6 weeks have my both knees replacement. One day in the hospital and you go home. This is the best think i have ever done for myself. Most important is physical therapy. Without physical therapy you will stuck and you will not have full motion. I am so good and i can do whatever i want. I can walk 7 miles very easy. Beyond amazing doctor. Do not blame a Dr. Andrew Yun for you not doing physical therapy. Highly recommend!!!! He save me
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
I had a total knee replacement four weeks ago today. I was back at work two weeks ago and started driving 3 weeks ago. I still have tightness (due to swelling) around my knee but walk without the assistance of a cane. I do the daily exercises recommended by Dr. Yun and the visiting therapist. While I was concerned about the pain prior to surgery, everything went well. Dr. Yun's team makes sure you are completely informed and are top notch. Thank you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
Dr Yun is an absolute genius. My husband was told he needed a total knee replacement by all the Doctors here in Idaho. We went to Dr Yun and he did a partial knee, the recovery was so fast, very little pain. I highly recommend Dr Yun.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
Dr. Yun did mention that I could have a patch of numb skin after a anterior hip replacement; he said nothing about a numb thigh. Almost two years later, my thigh is still numb. The pre-op and post-op at the hospital was fantastic, but no one -- no nurse, no assistant, no Dr. Yun -- called me afterwards to see how I was doing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
I'm 54 and have had a bad knee forever. Held off having a knee replacement until I realized I didn't want to walk to the corner store. My ortho recommended Dr. Yun. He and his team were top notch. My surgery was 5.5 months ago and I just finished a 13 mile hike with my wife yesterday. Zero issues - can't tell which knee was operated on. Play tennis and walk 5 miles everyday. Got my life back. Dr. Yun is not touchy feely, but he and his team are true professionals. Highest recommendation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
Dr Yun did a partial knee replacement, MakoPlasti on my knee. St Johns Hospital and Dr Yun and his staff are the best. If I want bedside manor, I have my wife for that, surgery however I have Dr Yun. I highly recommend him, up walking 7 days later and full flex 2 months out.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
Dr. Yun has the bedside manner and empathy of an mollusk. You will see him briefly prior to surgery and for a moment the day after. Post surgical follow ups are handled by a PA. Perhaps someone who saws people legs in half day after day loses the ability to expresser feel care and concern. All the skill in the world can't outweigh a total lack of compassion!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
My husband (65 yr old) had a total hip replacement 9 months ago after a motorcycle accident. A surgeon at UCLA put the bits in wrong; too short, twisted, cap askew. He had a complete dislocation 10 days after surgery and continued to sublex every day. It's been very rough, needless to say. We met with a number of surgeons to inquire about a revision, and Dr Yun was the clear choice. The day after surgery my husband was already walking better. Dr. Yun is one of the very best in his field.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
I had a THR on 03/08/2018 and was discharged the next day. 30 hours door to door. I am a 70 y.o. male and my experience with Dr. Yun and his team was beyond what I expected. My care at St. John's and from Dr. Yun's surgical team was attentive, professional and precise. And enormously successful. Post-op my legs feel the same length. I was able to suspend all pain meds two days after surgery and navigated a walker around the block 3 days post-op.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
Dr. Yun's training is as good as you will find. By specializing in a few surgical procedures he has expertise at the highest level of specialization. The rule of thumb re surgery is the more the surgeon does , the better he/she is and the better your outcome. Dr. Yun answers your questions responsively . But don't expect him to spend time chatting with you . He is all business, and understandably so given his skill and how many patients gravitate to him because of his expertise.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
I had my RHR 10 years ago with Dr. Yun and my LHR replaced 9 months ago. I am an RN and would only recommend Dr. Yun for hip replacement. I am very active and had almost no down time with a total hip replacement . Immediately after surgery you are up walking around. Came home 24 hours later with no assist device.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
After months of research I had Dr. Yun do a total hip replacement. I am now 11 wks out and results are fantastic! I flew into Santa Monica on Sept 19th, had pre-op on the 20th, surgery on the 21st, Was walking at 2:pm same day. Checked out on the 22nd. At 5 days I flew home. In 2 weeks I was walking 3/4 mile, in 3 weeks I was walking 1 mile a day, 4 weeks it was 2 miles, plus I was operating heavy equipment, flying my aircraft, riding my ATV, and working in the shop. I am male, 70 yrs old.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
Dr. Yun has replaced both hips and my right knee...all at separate times of course. I was off the serious pain meds in one week and was driving after 7 days (after I came home). My knee took slightly longer but again driving after two weeks. I have recomended him to others and they all highly praise him and their results. Dr. Yun uses Saint John's. I love that hospital. I received great care from the nurses and rehab people.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
After consulting 12 other surgeons , it was clear as soon as I met Dr. Yun that he was the best. This guy is brilliant. He tells you it like it is. He says at 2-3 weeks, you can go back to work. At 3 weeks after total hip replacement , I am walking an hour a day and amazed because I had been in so much pain for so long. Don't even think about going to another surgeon !Dr. Yun is a star. He is succint but he is positive and upbeat. When Dr. Yun says" I can fix this" , he can.He is the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
Dr. Yun has replaced both my knees and did an excellent job! I was up walking within a very short time and had no complications either time. He is straight forward and doesn't mess around. I trust him implicitly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
Dr yum is the best choice for hip and kNee replacements. Three years ago I had my right hip and kNee replaced with no problems... I just finished having my left hip and kNee replaced. Dr yum is a total pro. I can't recommend him enough..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
He is straight forward, does not hold your hand . He appears very confident and skillful and covers all bases. His practice is so organized it is unbelievable and there are no mysteries. I saw in the office and only the hospital, after that you see his PA. If you do not like a practice like that, then he is not for you. It is very much factory but a top of line one!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
one of the most arrogant and rude doctors I have ever met.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?
Had my left knee replaced by Dr. Yun on 9/28/15. I played 18 holes of golf 30 days later. Had to take the cart but he got rid of my slice. I'd recommend him to anyone. Only regret I have is that I didn't do it sooner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Yun, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Yun?

We are leaders in Joint Replacement. Serving Southern California and beyond, we help patients suffering with arthritis pain return to a healthy, active lifestyle. Through a combination of personalized medicine and innovative surgical treatments our p...

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

Stanford University
Princeton U
1995

Dr. Yun accepts

Dr. Yun accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Medicare Advantage PFFS
Delta Health System
Medicare
Special Needs Plan SNP

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Yun's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Yun's Top Procedures and Conditions

Knee Replacement

Dr. Yun performs Knee Replacement more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Yun performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Bi-Compartmental Knee Replacement