Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Andrew Yu, MD
Andrew J. Yu, MD, FIPP earned his Bachelor of Science at the University of Cincinnati. He received his Medical Degree from Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio. His Internship was completed at the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, and he was selected Chief Resident at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Dr. Yu is Board Certified in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and has earned added Board qualifications in Pain Medicine and Electrodiagnostic Medicine. There are less than 50 Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Doctors in Illinois Board Certified in Pain Medicine. There are approximately 150 physicians Board Certified in Electrodiagnostic Medicine in Illinois.

720 Brom Ct Ste 201

Naperville, IL 60540

Learn about Dr. Yu

Elite Pain Medical Group's medical mission is to provide personalized, high-quality pain management care for patients suffering with chronic pain. We treat the whole person, not just the pain, body part, or symptom. Our focus is to deliver high quality care using interventional pain techniques to restore their quality of life. We have created a practice that we believe in and treat patients as if they were our own family members.

Dr. Yu's Experience

Dr. Yu's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pain Medicine

• Coccygeal Pain
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Hip Pain
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Vertebroplasty

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Cincinnati / Main Campus
  • University Of North Carolina Hospital At Chapel Hill
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Yu has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Yu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Yu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Yu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Yu to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Yu Says:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a patient satisfaction survey. It lets us know what we are doing right. If you have comments on how we can improve, please call our office. Thanks!

Dr. Yu's Performance
in Portsmouth, Ohio |
Dr. Andrew J. Yu was one of the best doctors I have seen that conducts the study of the nerves with the EMG testing, he was very gentle and let me know when it was going to be a stronger part of the test. He was compassionate and cares for his patients, and his staff was all outstanding too. I hope to get relief from my herniated disk in my cervical spine in the near future with him. Thanks for blessing Portsmouth Ohio by practicing your hard earned studies & knowledge with us. :)
Crystal Lake, IL |
He has treated me with great skill and empathy for 7 years. Were it not for him I likely would have had several very nasty surgeries, which were not guaranteed to relieve my painful symptoms.
in Lake Zurich, IL |
Dr. Yu is a kind empathetic & compassionate Dr who takes the time to listen & deliver options for your ultimate best care. I have built a strong working relationship with Dr Yu & feel very lucky to have him as my Dr. I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking the best care & solutions for your pain.
in Schaumburg, IL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Yu for the past 8 years. He is THE BEST doctor you will ever find in the pain management field. Dr. Yu emanates professionalism personified! His demeanor demonstrates compassion, sincerity, honesty and integrity. To sum it up, Dr Yu is likable, humble and easy to talk with. He is THE GO TO GUY for pain management! His office staff is now and always has been very accommodating, going out of their way to make office visits and procedures a pleasant experience.
in Union, IL |
I have recommended Dr. Yu to several people and would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. I have always found him knowledgeable, responsive, and anxious to help relieve my arthritis pain in any way he can. He listens carefully to the patient and recommends courses of action that take into account both the patients needs and desires as well as all medical options.
IL |
He treats you with respect and dignity which in this day and age is rare from a doctor. He cares your not just a #. He takes his time to listen to your concerns and address them. If you have an emergency he will fit you in to his schedule so you do not have to wait weeks to see him. He has help me so that I am able to continue working a very physical job. He is the BEST
in Algonquin,Il |
Dr Yu is awonderful , understanding and very skilled physician. I have had several procedures done by him and all have been very successful in alleviating my back pain. Ive been sufffering with back issues for years and he is the first physician that has been able to relieve my significant discomfort. At one point I couldn't even stand up from a chair. He is very caring and has an absolutely wonderful bedside manner. This doctor listens and doesnt dismiss your issues as being insignificant .
Thank you for finding me at my new practice. It has been a pleasure to help take care of you.
in Lake in the Hills, Il |
Courteous, friendly, engaging, knowledgeable and a wizard with a needle.
in Glendale Heights, IL |
Great doctor! Completely thourough with his examination of my MRI. Showed me what normal discs looked like compared to mine. I will be seeing him for every pain concern i have. I am thankful to have met great doctors these past couple of weeks. I would recommend him to everyone!
Have you seen Dr. Andrew Yu, MD?

See our Pain Medicine Specialist at Edward Hospital and Health Services