Dr. Andrew Willis, MD

Dr. Willis
Telehealth services available

Tri-County Orthopedics

197 Ridgedale Ave Ste 300 Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927

Dr. Andrew Willis, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Cedar Knolls, NJ and has over 23 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons medical school in 1997. He is affiliated with medical facilities Lenox Hill Hospital and Morristown Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Willis to book an appointment.

Dr. Willis' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Willis

3.9

Dr. Willis?
This has been the worst medical experience I have ever had. I have had several surgeries at Boston Children's as a child (outstanding and professional care) and one surgery at HSS as an adult. Again, outstanding. I am SHOCKED at the lack of care I have received from Dr. Willis. He did my surgery back in the fall and at my follow ups, I see his PA, b/c he is too busy. She is friendly but I don't understand why I can't see the person who operated on me, at least once? I recently had another MRI b/c I am still in excruciating pain and they put PT on pause for now. I called to see if my second MRI has been read and the office staff (who are the least helpful people I have ever dealt with) informed me that Dr. Willis is away for two weeks, he doesn't have any one covering for him and when I pushed, she said maybe his PA could take a look but I likely wont hear back for another week. Meanwhile, no PT for me, back to not sleeping at night...horrific. I would NEVER recommend this practice.
Feb 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Willis, MD?
I came in with multiple injuries he took the time to explain to me all about them and listen to what I had to say and made me feel comfortable he did surgery on my shoulder Wich has been successful so far and has helped me with other issues, great staff great doctor.
Edwin Ruiz – Oct 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Willis, MD?
If it were possible I would rate it at 10 stars. From the initial visit and right thru the post surgery visits the doctor and his entire staff was EXCELLENT! Time was taken to fully explain what the procedure would entail, in language that a non medical person could understand, to the post surgery visits I was treated like a member of the family. I am currently going thru physical therapy for the torn rotator and a completely torn bicep muscle that was repaired. My therapist cannot believe how well I am healing. This can only be attributed to the care and skill exhibited by Dr Willis. In addition, I have spoken to several other people that have experienced the same procedure and they all tell about the excessive post op pain they experienced. I had virtually no pain, just some minor discomfort that was less than pre-surgery. My therapist is astonished at my lack of pain and range of motion. I have recommended Tri County and specifically Dr Willis to anyone who will listen.
Marlana Holsten in East Stroudsburg, PA – Jun 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Willis, MD?
My son tore his ACL and meniscus while playing baseball. Given the degree of his injuries, we met with two other orthopedists before meeting Dr Willis. We did not feel confident in the way either of them discussed their opinions about management and surgical plans. Dr Willis exhibited the confidence, positive attitude and experience that put my son at ease. Dr Willis clearly has the skill set, along with a solid support base of office and hospital staff to give the best care possible.
D SPREEN in NJ – Jul 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Willis, MD?
This was the worst medical experience I have ever had. Dr. Willis wouldn't allow me to answer questions about my pain and symptoms before he cut me off in his haste. He manipulated my arm during his exam leaving me with more pain than I had initially. I told him he was hurting me, but he didn't care. He left the room before I had an opportunity to ask any questions. He and his staff do not return calls pertaining to your medical care.
Bound Brook, NJ – Feb 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Willis, MD?
I recently saw Dr. Willis who came with several recommendations from other doctors I have seen. OTC pain medication and therapy had not helped my shoulder. It was getting worse. The office staff as very helpful and the wait for x-rays and diagnosis were short. Dr Willis repeated the diagnostic activities that a PA had performed, and then recommended a shot. He said it was painful, but it was not at all. Within a week my shoulder was back to normal. Richard
Dover, NJ – Nov 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Willis, MD?
As a healthcare provider myself, I am acutely aware of how important it is to do your homework before having surgery. Dr. Willis came highly recommended to me by several of his former patients, physical therapists who had cared for his patients post-operatively, and other health care providers. Dr. Willis repaired my torn rotator cuff. I had a seamless postoperative course, and could not be more pleased with my post-op recovery and return of function. I can't thank Dr. Willis enough!
Theresa S in Hackettstown, NJ – Feb 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Willis, MD?
Saw him about 5 years ago. Treated for inflamed shoulder, which looking back was probably a minor rotator cuff tear. A few years later saw again, did an MRI. Showed a tear. First surgery done fall of 2014. Told it went well. At 2 month check & PT going nowhere, was told I needed another surgery to release adhesions, take out anchors as tear was worse than he thought. Had second surgery Dec 2014. After months of PT going nowhere, he told me I needed a shoulder replacement. Had that done at HSS.
Chester NJ – Feb 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Willis, MD?
Outstanding care, before, during and after surgery. Excellent post operative result.
LJH, PhD in Sparta, NJ – Jan 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Willis, MD?
Had my surgery Oct 5 ,6 weeks therapy today Dec26 I still have a hard time walking around, pain all the time,it was a torn miniscus,continue therapy at home ??? David McQueen
Dec 27, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Willis, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Willis?

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics

Dartmouth Collge

• Best Doctors in America, 2009-2010
  • Patient's Choice Award, MDX Medical Inc., 2008
  • Charles S. Neer II Award, American Shoulder and Elbow Society, 2006
  • America;s Top Orthopadists by the Consumers' Research Council of America, 2006-2008