Dr. Andrew White, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

Dr. Andrew White, MD
Dr. Andrew White, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Boston, MA. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Dr. White is affiliated with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Milton.

Dr. White's Care Philosophy

As a Spine Surgeon, my care philosophy is to work with you and try to find the least-invasive way possible to deal with the problem at hand and to heal your condition with procedures or techniques that achieve the same effective results, with fewer negative repercussions.

Dr. White's Experience

See how Dr. White's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. White

Dr. White accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. White is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. White has admitting privileges.

Dr. White's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. White to family and friends
4.5
Dr. White's Performance
in Dorchester , MA |
Highly recommend Dr. White to anyone in need of a great surgeon. I believe in helping others and writing this review will hopefully reach someone in need of a surgeon. Dr. Andrew White is truly a gift. He repaired a spinal cord surgery I had done 2012.The surgery I had done in 2012 left me with debilitating migraines and my neck was in pain and didn't move well. I've seen five other surgeons prior to Dr. White.He was honest and brave enough to go in and fix another surgeon error. I thank you.
in Boston, MA |
I put myself in Dr. White’s hands for a minimally invasive PLIF surgery @L5-S1. The recovery lasted weeks rather than months and the only complications post-op were due to me feeling so great I resumed intense exercise too early. When I compare my experience with others who had the same fusion at the same location, I think I was in the hands of the best surgeon I could have hoped for. I resumed swimming and biking within 3 wks and biked 133 miles of B2VT 3 months later. Fingers crossed!
in Malden, MA |
I would recommend Dr. White to family and friends immediately if they needed orthopedic surgery. Dr. White has operated on me for three major surgeries on my back and neck. He has always been tremendous in doing these complicated surgeries. I continually follow up with Dr. White and his office is always very responsive and helpful.
in Boston, MA |
Dr. White gave me my life back after a long journey filled with back pain and suffering. I was very lucky to have found Dr. white, he was very professional and caring in answering all of my questions and concerns. Back surgery is a very complicated and scary procedure, that requires vast knowledge and experience, and a coordinated surgical team, and that is exactly what i found in Dr. White's team. They went above and beyond form the moment I walked in, till the day I walked out of the hospital.
in Manchester, NH |
Dr. White is a stand out in his field. He has contributed to countless research studies and his competency in surgery is beyond that of his peers. Dr. White fixed a botched two level spinal fusion of another surgeon. Dr. White was referred to me by a second back surgeon who would not take the job. Fixing my back required two long days of surgery that ended with an incredible results. Dr. White was compassionate, always taking time to listen and explain.
in North Easton, MA |
Dr. White did a superb job in treating my chronic back issues by performing spinal fusion surgery on me earlier this year. I would recommend Dr.White to anyone requiring back surgery.
in Belmont, MA |
I had a laminectomy done by Dr. White in August 2016. 8-10 weeks later and I am playing doubles tennis 3 times a week and walking 2 miles a day 2 times a week! All my back pain is gone. He is a wonderful caring doctor and and would recommend him to anyone!
in South Easton, MA |
Dr White did my back surgery about a year ago and I have had excellent results.I went from having chronic back pain to none at all! He is courteous and professional and his assistant,Valerie, is exactly the same. I feel so lucky to have found him. I was so scared to have the surgery after hearing horror stories about how back surgery doesn't always work but I am so glad I did. Thank you Dr. White and Valerie. You changed my life!!
in Boston, MA |
An incredible experiece with an amazing doctor. I have a definite fear of doctors and procedures. I can't say enough about my whole experience from start to finish with Dr. White. The end result is that my recoverey is bringing me back to a state that far exceeded my expectations and the expectations of what 7rl other doctors told me I could even hope for. I am so fortunate that the Baptist Hospital was unable to handle my case and highly recommended Dr. White over at Beth Israel Deaconess!
in Chestnut Hill, MA |
L3-L5 fused 2 wks ago due to spondylolisthesis. Took 3/4 wks to get appt. Took sufficient time explaining problem and the recommended fusion surgery as the only surgical option. Although he didn't examen me or look at the old films I brought with me, and only looked at previous notes and the latest x-rays and MRI on the BIDMC server, he still inspired confidence. I had the surgery 19 days later. I was disappointed that he did not follow up w/ me in hosp but saw him at 2 wks FU. So far so good!
Boston, MA |
Dr. White did my spinal surgery. He is an attentive and a concerned doctor who wants to help his patients get relief from back pain.
in Quincy, MA |
He & Barbara (NP) work closely together . Fixed my back when hospitals in Boston could not . If you have a back problem , go to Dr. White . He will fix you . He is a fabulous Dr. I highly recommend him . You will be happy you did .
Have you seen Dr. Andrew White, MD?
Are you Dr. White?

Compare Dr. White

Dr. White's Care Philosophy

Dr. White's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. White has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

Why It Matters: Dr. White's Board Certifications

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Broken Neck
  • Cervical Herniated Disc
  • Foot Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

Rothman Inst/Thomas Jefferson U

Completed in 2007

Reed College

Graduated in 1995

Dr. White does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. White and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Cervical Spine Surgery
  • Complex Spine Surgery
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Surgery