Dr. Andrew Urquhart, MD

Dr. Andrew Urquhart, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·
Dr. Andrew Urquhart, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Ann Arbor, MI and has been practicing for 27 years. He graduated from University Of Michigan Medical School in 1991 and specializes in orthopedic surgery.Read his story

1500 E Medical Center Dr Fl 2

Ann Arbor, MI 48109

• HAP Insurance
  • Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Urquhart

See how frequently Dr. Urquhart performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hip Replacement
Complications of Joint Prosthesis
Osteoarthritis of Hip

Dr. Urquhart's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Urquhart's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Urquhart "I am a clinical Professor of Orthopaedics at Michigan Medicine. I am the chief of the division of hip and knee reconstruction. I also serve on the executive committee of the the Michigan Arthroplasty Registry Collaborative Quality Initiative (MARCQI). My clinical and research focus is directed toward decreasing human factors in Hip and knee replacement. My work in component positioning has improved short and long term outcomes in hip and knee replacement. I am an active educator and truly enjoy teaching orthopedic residents and medical students and teaching first time quality with an emphasis on delivering both safe and effective care."

This content was provided by Dr. Urquhart "I believe in patient centered care and encourage patient engagement.   I think that rapport between the patient and their care team is paramount to success.    I feel strongly that hip replacement is the most successful operation in the history of orthopedics and I feel honored that I have been trained to perform it and that I am able to teach it."

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Hip Dysplasia
  • Hip Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Albion College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University Of Michigan Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1991
  • University Of Michigan Hospitals
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of Mi Hosps and Health Ctrs
  • Scripps Green Hospital Fellowship In Adult Lower Extremity (Hip and Knee) Reconstruction and Total Joint Replacement.
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Urquhart has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Urquhart does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Urquhart and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Urquhart's Reviews

2.9
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Urquhart to family and friends

Dr. Urquhart's Performance

GOOD

Dr Urquhart is very professional and meticulous just as you would expect any surgeon to be. He has taken great care of my hip injury and I would recommend him to anyone that needs hip surgery.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Urquhart replaced my hip 13 years ago and it changed my life. He is a perfectionist and it shows in his work. I was in pain 24/7 with little to no activity, and now I can do anything including water skiing and snow skiing. I’m very blessed to have him as my doctor and will not wait as long if...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Very arrogant, he didn't do anything for my mother and he needs further his education on his people skills ?? Would not recommend
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0

I'm sorry you had a negative experience. My office and I try very hard to give tailored care which often means non-operative measures as there is no condition that cannot be made worse by an ill advised surgery.

One of the best, in my 92 years of life. Many Thanks to him and his Staff.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option7thumbs down icon option10