Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Andrew Stein, MD
Dr. Andrew Stein, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in San Leandro, CA. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Dr. Stein is affiliated with San Leandro Hospital.

13690 E 14th St

San Leandro, CA 94578

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Stein

Dr. Stein's Experience

Dr. Stein's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Trigger Finger Release

No malpractice history found for California.

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University
    Medical School | Graduated 1985
  • Yale New Haven Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1987
  • Montefiore Mc/Albert Einstein College Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Loma Linda University School Med
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Stein has no media or publications listed.

• California Orthopaedic Association, Member

Dr. Stein's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stein to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Stein's Performance
in Redding, CA |
Dr. Stein performed 4 surgeries on me in 1997. Bilateral carpal tunnel and ulnar nerve transposition bilaterally. I would trust him to work on me again. I write this now in 2017 because I am in need of evaluation of a new injury to my shoulder and I don't want anyone else .
in Hayward, CA |
Very good doctor good explanation good attitude from doctor and staff. I recommend Dr. Stein Thank you
in Albuquerque, NM |
Andrew Stein fixed my cubital tunnel syndrome. He, his Physician Assistant Jennifer Schofield, and his office staff are very friendly and easy to work with. I developed symptoms of left cubital tunnel syndrome in 2011. The symptoms were misdiagnosed by a general practitioner. When I finally went to an orthopedic surgeon at Kaiser in 2015, he didn't recommend surgery. Thank goodness I knew about Andrew Stein through my mother's workman's comp. He recommended surgery for my left arm in 2015. I ha
in castro valley |
I'll be honest when I first heard about Dr. Stein I was having doubts because of the bad reviews but I went to see him anyway and I'm glad I did. Dr. Stein is wonderful. I had two surgeries and they both turned out great. Don't let a couple bad reviews scare you. He is very professional he explains everything to you and his staff is friendly and helpful. I would definitely go back to Dr. Stein. Couldn't ask for a better doctor! THANKS Dr. Stein!
in Fremont, CA |
Dr. Stein removed ganglion cyst from my left wrist in the surgical room located ten yards from his office. I recovered very quickly as expected. Thanks to Dr, Stein for his professionalism and kindness.
Castro Valley, CA |
My overall experience with Dr. Stein and his staff was good and I would recommend him to my friends.
San Leandro |
I broke my pinky at work, and workers comp sent me to a doctor who did surgery which didn't go too well, and after 5 months I was not able to move it,I contacted the insurance and asked to be sent to another doctor for a second opinion I was sent to Dr. Stein, and he told me I needed another surgery, it took less than a week to schedule appointment for surgery, I wish the workers comp insurance would've sent me here from the beginning
in Oakland, CA |
I was referred to Dr. Stein from the ER with a laceration on the back of my hand, just over the knuckle. Small but with concern for tendon injury. Dr. Stein and his staff explained all of my options. Carefully listened to any and all information I could provide. They asked about and assessed every aspect of my injury and treatment in several different ways. He explained each step and options thoroughly, offering but not pushing for surgery. I'm now all healed up and happy. No surgery required.
Oakland, CA |
My appointment with this doctor was very disturbing. Who started the appointment by telling me workers comp horror stories- its unlikely thr surgery is approved, it can take years, you can run out benefits before you're healed, using your own insurance would be faster. "You are likely pre-diabetic and that's why you have carpal tunnel, not due to repetitive work, that is a myth." "Women are built differently, and that's why women have higher instances of carpal tunnel than men." HORRIFIC
in Castro Valley, CA |
I first saw Dr Stein as a second opinion ten years ago about my carpal tunnel and trigger finger. Since that time I have had multuple procedures done by him including these, cubital tuneel and frozen shoulder. He is confident, professional, tells you all of your options and explains thouroughly your conditions. His procedures fix what is wrong so that you do not have reoccurances. I would never seen another physician for any hand or arm procedure and always recommend him to others!
Dublin, CA |
caring staff - great experience got right to the problem and solved it
in San Leandro, CA |
Our family has been going to Dr. Stein at East Bay Medical Hand Clinic for years, and we have always received exceptional care and service. Dr Stein has performed numerous surgeries on me and my husband and they have all been very successful. He is down to earth, caring and personable all while being very professional about our care. He explains things thoroughly and involves us in courses of action. From the front office staff to the medical all staff we have always felt like we mattered
in El Sobrante, CA |
Dr. Stein was great. It is great to get to a Doc that has the skills and pays you the attention it takes to get the best result. Thanks Dr. Stein
in San Leandro, CA |
Love Dr Stein..and would definitely refer him to family and friends..As a matter of fact my husband goes to him also..We received the best care..Found out what was wrong with my hand.Torn tendon,fixed and I'm happy as can be.Love that he's direct and listens to what I say.He took care of my hand issue ,explained in a way I could understand.
in Newark, CA |
My first meeting with him was fairly nice. He made me think he could fix my hand with surgery. I was told to get a second opinion which I had forgotten but he sure let me have it when I met with him the second time! He did a complete turn around! He was Rude, Obnoxious, Self righteous! He complained about how his staff had called off sick and left him to take care of checking in patients and he had things to do. He acted like a whiney 2 year old! I dont trust him or his abilities!
Have you seen Dr. Andrew Stein, MD?
Are you Dr. Stein?