Dr. Andrew Star, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Chalfont, PA and has been practicing for 31 years. He specializes in orthopedic surgery and reconstructive orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Star accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Star has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(215) 402-7270Find providers who accept this insurance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Star's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Marfan Syndrome
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Torticollis
  • Total Joint Replacement
  • Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Assistance

Dr. Star, Medical Director, Orthopaedic and Spine Institute, Abington – Jefferson Health, specializes in total hip and knee replacement surgery. He regularly lectures nationally on modern techniques for total joint replacement and frequently has visiting physicians observe him during surgery to learn the latest techniques.

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

7.643312101910828%

Dr. Star?
Dr. Star's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Andrew Star, MD
I underwent a hip replacement in June 2018 and I have been pain free since. I was up walking within hours with a walker and went home the next day. I returned to full time employment 3 months later without restrictions and continue to be doing very well. My surgical experience went as well as expected. Dr Star’s nurse Suzanne is available for all concerns and returns calls within a reasonable time frame and is very helpful. In the office, his staff is very attentive and respectful although I do wish there was more communication with regard to updating patients with delays. I have personally waited to be seen from 15 minutes to over 2 hours. Dr Star is an orthopedic surgeon in high demand - he does a tremendous joint replacement. He is caring, warm, approachable, and friendly. He will take the time to listen and answer all questions. Reading other reviews, bottom line - everyone has an off day - but surgically, when it counts, you’re in great hands!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Star, MD?
Great care. Wonderful doctor. Highly recommended.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Star, MD?
I found Dr. Star to be abrasive and argumentative, and not willing to hear out my concerns. After a second opinion, I learned that some of the information he conveyed was incorrect. I was not impressed, and wouldn’t recommend him.
Dear Patient, We would love to talk with you...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Star, MD?
Dr. Star replaced my left hip in May. He is an outstanding surgeon. He always took the time to listen to any concerns I might have. I was extremely fortunate and grateful to have been in Dr. Star's care. Simply the best! I have recommended him to both family and friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Star, MD?
I recommend Dr. Star to all family members and friends. Dr. Star did bilateral knee replacements on my husband and we both were so satisfied with his surgery care and his entire staff and post-op therapy. Dr. Star is the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Star, MD?
Dr. Star was very disrespectful when my mother saw him for her hip replacement consultation. It was very clear that he was not the surgeon I wanted operating on my mother based on his careless demeanor and lack of professionalism. He did not leave any time for our questions. We switched to BCOS and we were happy we did so. I would not recommend Dr. Star to anyone.
Dear Chris, We are surprised to hear of this...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Star, MD?
I was in chronic, intense hip pain for months & going to Rothman for care & PT. A surgical consult with Star was recommended. I was his last appointment of the day in March. He viewed old X-rays, had me walk three steps, shushed my questions while he made verbal notes into his recorder and told me to come back in few months as I did not qualify for a hip replacement with my condition. Another Dr. determined bone-on-bone! I now have a new hip, full function & no more pain! 1 star for Dr. Star.
Dear Deborah P., Firstly, we're glad to hear that...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Star, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Star. He is an excellent surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Star, MD?
Dr. Star replaced my right hip 5 years ago. I recovered quickly, and don't think about my hip at all. When I began to have pain in my left hip, I went straight to his office knowing it was bone on bone arthritis like my right hip. Had the surgery as soon as possble and recovered quickly, but had a few drawbacks this time, which are normal. I call him Dr Rock Star :).
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Star, MD?
He is a great surgeon and a very nice man. I give him 5 stars!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Star, MD?
Grate surgery result, no pain in one knee after 2 month and some pain and swollen in second knee. I am over 70 and overweight. Had 2nd knee surgery 2months ago. Do not take any medications now, stop to use walkers 2 weeks after surgery, no cane at home 3 weeks after surgery. Walk outside daily .8ml, use cane on uphill and uneven surface. Very happy. Thank you grate Dr. A. Star for giving me my mobility back. Before surgery I could not walk more then 6ft and live with permanent pain. Emma Burd
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Star, MD?
Personable. Takes time to answer your questions. Superb results for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Star, MD?
I had a total right hip replacement in January and my pain level went from 10 to 0. Mobility and ease of movement improved in a timely manner. Total right knee replacement in early May and pain level went from about 7 to 0. I'm pleased that with both of my experiences I did not need any pain meds following my discharge. I couldn't be happier with the result. Dr. Star is the best!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Star, MD?
he did a fanastic job with hip replacement
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Star, MD?
I could not imagine a better surgeon or a more caring and friendly man. I have already sung his praises and recommended him to many people. And he’s funny, too!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Star, MD?
Total left hip replacement It’s our opinion that Dr Andrew Star reflects his name. Before, during, and after surgery his care was over the top. Very skilled and kind man. Thank you to Star and his team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Star, MD?
Overall positive experience with improvements in mobility each week.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Star, MD?
A year and a half ago Dr Star replaced my left hip. The results have been great.. I left the hospital hours after the procedure. I was able to walk unassisted in the hospital gym almost immediately.. I decided to use a walker for a brief period just to be on the safe side. But when I went to rehab 5 days after the surgery, I walked in unassisted..The rehab people were amazed. Great credit to Dr Star. If you need a surgery like this stay in good shape, keep your weight down, and see Dr Star.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Star, MD?
I am very happy with the results so far from my double knee replacement. I am still going to rehab 2 times a week and working on getting my quality of life back, which I did not have in over 10 years! Thank you Dr. Star and Leon!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Star, MD?
He replaced my hip in 2004, used a large metal on metal device. To be brief he was phenomenal in every way, and 13 years later, after 6 tours in both Iraq and Afghanistan I am still going strong. I must say I am a little more than impressed with his surgical skills and choice of device. This guy changed my life...gave it back to me to be precise, and I woukd recommend him without reservation!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Star, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Star?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Star treats patients.

Compare Providers