Dr. Andrew M. Star, MD

Dr. Andrew M. Star, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

ROTHMAN INSTITUTE 2400 Maryland Rd, Willow Grove, PA 19090 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Star specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and practices in Willow Grove, PA. He practices at 4 locations.

Are you Dr. Star? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Star's Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Star's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Orthopedic Surgerynull

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Star

Dr. Star accepts 1 insurance carrier

1 Insurance Carrier Accepted*

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Star has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Star

Dr. Star's Review Details
      4.5 based on 105 responses
      Experience with Dr. Star
      Dr. Star's Office & Staff
        16 – 30 minutes (98)
      in Doylestown, Pa. |
      I highly recommend Dr. Star to all my friends and associates. Dr. Star is very competent and exhibits a true passion for his work and helping others. I recently had total right hip replacement. Dr. Star took the time to answer all my questions and put me at ease before my surgery. After surgery, he visited my room to talk about how thing went during the operation. I was very impressed with Dr. Star's professionalism and expertise. I am very happy with my new hip and feel so much better.
      in North Wales, PA |
      Professional.....willing to give honest opinion. I felt very confident with him as my surgeon.
      in Glenside, PA |
      Dr. Star listens with a compassionate and caring heart. He informs you about the advantages of the surgery as well as the rehab following the surgery. Dr. Star listens patiently and responds with information in a gentle caring way.
      in Willow Grove, PA |
      Dr. Star is extremely professional, knowledgeable and willing to spend time with his patients to make sure all of their questions and concerns are addressed by him.
      in Horsham, PA |
      Dr Star failed to do the correct testing to diagnose the failure of my hip replacement. Toxic metal levels were immediately found when I went for a second opinion. Due to the delay in diagnosis, I had severe muscle necrosis found at revision surgery. I am now permanently disabled.
      in Philadelphia, PA |
      Dr.Star was pleasant,attentive,and answered all of my questions.
      in Souderton Pa |
      I had left knee replacement in Mid November 2015 and right knee replacement on 25 Jan 2016. He is an outstanding surgeon and a nice guy. I would recommend him highly. It's funny, almost everyone I speak to who has had knee replacement, has had it done by Dr Starr.
      in Lansdale pa |
      M Krauss, Lansdale. Dr Star did a total knee replacement on me Dec 15th& I wAs walking with out a cane 3weeks later ! Dr Stsr was very nice. & I will go back next yr for left knee replacement
      in Perkasie, PA |
      Dr. Star is an excellent surgeon and kept me informed throughout all areas of the surgery. He is very pleasant and personable and a good communicator. If I need surgery in the future that is in his field, I will without hesitation ask for Dr. Star to do the surgery.
      in Hatboro, PA |
      I had hip replacement surgery with Dr.Star in November, 2015. Previously checked with friends and received high marks for Dr. Star from three sources. My experience was also very happy and I feel he is an extremely talented individual, Just had my three month check-up . and am. confident walking without a walker or cane -- although I keep one handy, at my advanced age. Will certainly recommend him to my friends.
      Very good surgeon. Received a total hip replacement on left side with anterior approach. Small incision and back to work in six weeks. Dr. Starr also fixed my leg length discrepancy. I was operated on at Abington Hospital and I received excellent care. I used email on patient portal website with questions and always got a quick response. This proved to be an easy way to communicate.
      in Abington, PA |
      I had a total left knee replacement in September 2015 and Dr Star was polite and provided answers to all my questions. My surgery was successful and the hospital nurses were very attentive and caring.
      in Ambler, PA |
      I visited Dr. Star a few years ago and he was upfront with me about needing my knees replaced but I need to lose weight and be older. I went back recently and have lost weight and of course I am older now, so he said it was time and we should do both.
      in Ambler, PA |
      I found I liked Dr Star the minute I met with him! He was the doctor everyone recommended to me, and they were right. His experience, and professional behavior just come through with a quiet confidence that feels comforting.
      Have you seen Dr. Star?
      Are you Dr. Star? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Why It Matters: Dr. Star's Board Certifications

• Revision of Failed Total Joint Replacement
      • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
      • Synovial Biopsy
      • Total Joint Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1978

• Local radio programs
        • ABC News

×

Dr. Star's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
      • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
      • Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Star

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Star's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
      16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Star

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients