Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Andrew Spitzer, MD
Dr. Andrew Spitzer, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Los Angeles, CA. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Spitzer is affiliated with Cedars - Sinai Medical Center.

444 S San Vicente Blvd Ste 603

Los Angeles, CA 90048

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Spitzer

Dr. Spitzer's Experience

Dr. Spitzer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Chondrocalcinosis
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Foot Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for California.

• D Geffen Sch Of Med-Ucla
  • Harvard-Brigham & Womens Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • U Penn Sch Med-McKay Lab
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Spitzer has no media or publications listed.

• California Orthopaedic Association, Member

Dr. Spitzer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Spitzer to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Spitzer's Performance
in Ventura, CA |
This was our third experience with Dr. Spitzer (both my wife's knees and now my knee replaced) over 9 years. He continues to be the epitome of state-of-the-art, professional and compassionate. He's a surgeon who does not "push" surgery on new patients; but when surgery is needed he is the only one I would want performing my procedure.
in Van Nuys, CA |
Dr. Spitzer and his team are the best. Very informative and thorough, they are caring and with you all the way. The team leaves nothing to chance. He is the best.
Los Angeles, CA |
Very Dishonest
Hermosa Beach, CA |
Great doctor. Explained everything. Surgery went well.
in Highland Park, CA |
Dr. Spitzer is insightful and thoughtful. I am careful to ask all the questions I have in order to make sure he understands myt him.usconcerns. I
in Agoura Hills, CA |
Feeling safe with someone you Trust is always important. Dr. Spitzer gave me this feeling the very first conversation we had. I had all the information I needed to make my final choice in the doctor I would use due to Dr. Spitzers great staff. Thank You Dr. Spitzer for all you do.
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Spitzer is an amazing surgeon and incredibly talented. He performed a Total Hip Replacement for me. I am 2 weeks post surgery and feel great. I can get a hold of him or his team at any time and always receive a prompt response. After seeing 10 surgeons over a 10 year period, at my first appointment with Dr. Spitzer I realized that he was the one I trusted the most. Also, Cedars was an incredible hospital and I felt very taken care of during my stay.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Spitzer is an outstanding doctor. He has taken excellent care of me and has followed my case since I was discharged from the hospital. Following his instructions I have been very comfortable post-operatively. If I have any questions, I get immediate feedback. I would highly recommend Dr. Spitzer and his staff. My knee is healing well, and I attribute that to the good care I've received.
CA |
Dr Spitzer went over and beyond to make sure I understood and was comfortable with all needed procedures precautions, etc. Surgery went well. I am very happy that I chose Dr Andrew Spitzer rather than someone closer to my home.
in Agoura Hills, CA |
I was recommended to Dr. Spitzer through my internist. I had a past injury (45 years ago) that was very traumatic to my pelvis and made my case and surgery complicated. I am walking and doing well because of Dr. Spitzer's expertise and surgical ability. I highly recommend Dr. Spitzer and the staff at Cedars. The followup care has been fantastic and even when I have typed in questions on my daily checkup I am called back with answers. I couldn't be happier with Doctor Spitzer and Cedars.
Valencia, CA |
Great surgeon with exceptional abilities.
in Newhall, CA |
After searching for 10 month/5 "specialists" to find a surgeon to replace a 12 yr old broken knee replacement, we are so pleased with Dr. Spitzer's understanding, assurance, thoroughness, eagerness to accommodate all our needs, speed in scheduling as well as actual surgery date. And the followup has been just as thorough as well as easy.
Thousand Oaks, CA |
I have had a very positive experience with my knee replacement. Dr Spitzer and his team, along with the Cedars-Sinai staff have been and continue to be actively participating in my recovery. The anesthesia and nerve blocking procedure kept pain manageable and I continue with great home care and PT arranged by Dr Spitzer and his team. Excellent surgeon, excellent hospital and excellent home care therapy and follow up. 5 stars!!!!!
South Gate, CA |
I'm 2 weeks post op from hip replacement surgery. Dr. Spitzer and his team are very hands on. I'm feeling extremely good to be just be 2 weeks post op. I had some drainage from my wound which can be a normal occurrence. Dr. Spitzer was on top of it with antibiotics and close follow ups. I would strongly recommend anyone getting hip replacement surgery to consider Dr. Andrew Spitzer, he's a remarkable Physician, truly a Top Doc.
in Valley Village, CA |
I have found my experience with Dr. Spitzer, his team and Cedars significantly exceeded my expectations of care, concern, organization and follow-up. It's not that those expectations were set so low that exceeding them was easy, it is that the level of service is so high...much more than I am accustomed to seeing from any other doctor's office. I had one knee done and will return for the other knee this summer.
Los Angeles, CA |
Honest straight forward doctor whom knows what he is doing.
in Santa Paula, Ca |
Dr. Spitzer still has the thinking that the patient comes first. He has great bedside manner. And by the way he is an awesome surgeon. This is my second knee replacement the first by a different surgeon. This knee done by Dr Spitzer the pain, swelling, and recovery has been much less than the other. Thank you!
in Los Angeles, CA |
Everything was exceptionally excellent working with Dr. Spitzer and his entire team! I could go into detail, but it would be lengthy & superfluous. Everything, and I do mean everything, was beyond expectations and satisfaction!! I'm thrilled!!!
Pacific Palisades, CA |
I had both my knees replaced, two years apart, by Dr. Spitzer. Each time I had a remarkable recovery. Especially with the second knee, within two and a half weeks, I was walking without the assistance of even a cane. Though I still have a ways to go before reaching 126 flexion, that of the first knee, most people would not even notice the stiffness that still exists when I walk. In addition, Dr. Spitzer is a very likable guy.
Bakersfield, CA |
Initially it took a while to get things going but once it was determined something was not normal, he was very thorough in getting a full evaluation and workup done.
in Los Angeles, CA |
I appreciate Dr. Spitzer and his teams efforts on my behalf. The surgery was successful and even n9w, after only two weeks, I feel better and see room for much improvement. The followup and aftercare for physical has not been very good however. Perhaps they are distracted by the holidays.
in Corona, CA |
Dr Spitzer answered all my questions and instilled confidence with his knowledge of the knee replacement procedure. Post op pain was minimal, and I was able to get through physical therapy quickly.
in Sherman Oaks, CA |
Dr. Spitzer is exemplary , kind, and super smart. I feel safe in his care and special as his patient. His team are at the top of their game. If surgery can be considered a wonderful experience, this is one!
in Beverly Hills, CA |
Excellent and prompt responses to all phone in questions, efficient in the OR, and great follow-up. These folks are the Pros from Dover!
in Ventura, CA |
Dr. Spitzer and his staff are the best. I have managed and worked in medical offices for many years and I can tell you there aren't many i's that aren't dotted or t's that aren't crossed at least once !
in Los Angeles, CA |
I LOVE DR. SPITZER,HE IS THE BEST,AND I AM ON A FAST ROAD TO RECOVERY...I LOVE YOU DOC,YOU ARE THE BEST. JOHN ARTHUR
in Lancaster, CA |
Called over 6 health care professionals. Dr Spitzer topped everyones list. My audiologist upon seeing my scar asked who did it ? she then said you went to the BEST. I agree. After two TKR's at 79 & 82 yrs old I can not tell enough people how incredible Dr Spitzer is. Words like brilliant, meticulous, knowledgeable, and caring toward me & my family . Pre op detailed .Follow up Excellent . Healing Excellent . In Aqua PT at 30 days with incision totally healed both times.10 stars if I could
Have you seen Dr. Andrew Spitzer, MD?
Are you Dr. Spitzer?