Dr. Andrew Sloan, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 56

Dr. Sloan

University Hospital Cleveland

11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland, OH 44106

Dr. Andrew Sloan, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Cleveland, OH and has been practicing for 21 years. He graduated from Harvard Medical School in 1990 and specializes in neurosurgery.

Dr. Sloan accepts

Dr. Sloan accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Check Dr. Sloan's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Sloan's Top Procedures and Conditions

Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal

Dr. Sloan performs Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal more than 93% of his peers

Dr. Sloan performs this procedure more than 93% of his peers

• Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Cranial Trauma
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Deep Brain Stimulation
  • Ear Disorders
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Epilepsy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

4.2

Dr. Sloan?
Dr. Sloan's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Andrew Sloan, MD
Doctor Sloan is a fabulous surgeon. My husband has been diagnosed with GBM4. Doctor Sloan successfully removed 100% of the tumor. The incision and the soon to be scar looks great! Whenever anyone asks me who my husband’s surgeon is and I tell them, I am told we are so lucky. Doctor Sloan is to the point and tells you what you need to know. We are very blessed to call him our surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Sloan, MD?
Dr. Sloan lead the surgery team at UH for duringmy right frontal craniotomy for tumor resection
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Sloan, MD?
This Dr was and continues to be a life saver for my husband and I.He removed a 8cm grapefruit sized mass with severe mid line shift from the right frontal lobe of my 37 yr old husband's head.I was terrified prior to surgery. Dr Sloan addressed every single concern I had.Time was of the essence and he made me more confident moving forward,still scared but confident. Dr Sloan is a straight shooter, no muss no fuss kind of a guy, given our situation, I couldn't appreciate him more. We are thankful
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Sloan, MD?
Dr. Sloan performed a full resection on my husband's glioblastoma. We were kept informed of his status and risks since the first call. Very thankful to have his expertise on my husband's case.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Sloan, MD?
I was at ease with Dr. Sloan from minute #1. He was confident without being arrogant or cocky. He was confident about what he could do for me- second time brain surgery after 21 years, but did not overwhelm me with too much additional information. He basically said “let’s see what we are dealing with, and we will go from there”. This was very refreshing since I had been previously told by another provider that surgery was not an option..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Sloan, MD?
Dr. Sloan operated on my husband with a glib multi stage 4. We had him with us 3x longer than was ever predicted. The doctoris a wonderful human being and a gifted doctor. Looking at a previous comment the outcome is not what any of us want, but you can’t take it out on the doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Sloan, MD?
I am amazed of the reviews that all the doctor reassuring or caring. He was awful to us. Never returned our calls, was rude, made us wait hours. He performed surgeries on my mother and she eventually passed away. He never saw her between the last surgery and when she died weeks later. He didn't care what happened, I think he just wanted the $ for surgery and the brain tumor to perform tests on.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Sloan, MD?
I went to the emergency room because I could not speak nor, could not form words. My history included a 2010 craniotomy performed by Dr. Andrew Sloan, Oligedendrogliama cancer, Grade 2. Dr. Sloan reviewed the MRI that shows a very large tumor measuring 4.1 cm. He was surprised that large tumor despite several sessions of chemotherapy. Dr. Sloan did the surgery for the tumor. He has given me back my speech, writing, handwriting and cognitive skills. I am thrilled about my progress.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Sloan, MD?
We feel very fortunate to have been recommended by the surgeon at Aultman Hospital to see Dr. Sloan.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Sloan, MD?
My Mom died after sloan did surgery on brain. She died of brain herniation. Shunt should have been put In and he never put in until after she died.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Sloan, MD?
My Mom died of brain herniation after you did surgery on her! You should of put shunt in brain for swelling, but instead you did nothing! She died horrible death!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Sloan, MD?
When our son was diagnosed with a tumor near the speech and motor areas of the brain, and that he would need an awake craniotomy, we researched who had the best experience, wanting the best possible outcome. Our experience with him couldn't have been better. He not only spent a lot of time with us in that initial meeting, but he conveyed hope and positivity, which means the world when your child has brain cancer! He follow up was excellent, too.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Sloan, MD?
I was diagnosed with a Grade 2 brain tumor. Out of all the doctors that I met with, Dr. Sloan BY FAR spent the most time with us, a whole 2 hours answering difficult questions about the upcoming procedure. He was able to fully resect the tumor. In one of my post-op visits, he even spent 25 minutes on the phone battling my insurance company, advocating speech therapy. And with speech therapy I finally can go back to work after minimal time off. I cannot recommend him or his team enough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Sloan, MD?
We were fortunate to have Dr. Sloan recommended to us after my husband was diagnosed with a brain tumor. He explained a very scary, complex procedure in understandable language. Surgery went well and Dr. Sloan took the time to come out to discuss the procedure with me and my family. During the follow up my husband asked many questions and they were all answered without feeling rushed or embarrassed for asking. Thanks to Dr. Sloan my husband had a quick recovery and has a great prognosis.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Sloan, MD?
Dr. Sloan is a greatly skilled and gifted surgeon, he may not have the best bedside manners, but that isn't what matters. He gives it to you straight, and that is what matters. He pushes you to do what is the best for your health, and you could not ask for a better surgeon than him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Sloan, MD?
I can’t even begin to explain how phenomenal Dr Sloan is! He saved my mom’s life. He was so fantastic with her and our family through the whole process. He gave us more of a friend feeling over a very hectic, emotionally and mentally exhausting 4 days! It brings tears to my eyes every time I think of how he saved my mom while having the best bedside manner I’ve ever witnessed. Truly fantastic surgeon and man!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Sloan, MD?
Dr. Sloan performed a craniotomy on me over 2 years ago for a GBM Stage 4. His kind, caring and compassionate attitude is what made a terrifying experience easier for myself and my family to live through treatment and all the follow ups we continue to have every 2 months. I am forever grateful for his professionalism and his willingness to talk with all of us. He took time to explain to my 22 year old daughter to help her feel less frightened by this whole ordeal. He is a special man!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Sloan, MD?
We first met Dr. Sloan on 11/3/15 when he gave us the news that my husband had a brain mass. This was the scariest day of our lives but he made us feel safe and that we were in the best hands! He even took the time on his busy surgery day to call my brother in law in Columbus who is also a physician to explain to him what was happening. He performed surgery 3 days later and has been with us every step of the way. Dr. Sloan has always returned calls and is by far an amazing physician!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Sloan, MD?
My wife suffered a seizure at home in July 2016 and arrived at ER University Hospitals. Dr. Sloan was her physician. The biopsy was delayed for nine days. Four days later she was "discharged from elective surgery" to rehab. Sloan never checked on her status for fourteen days. Two weeks later, in his office, he said: "I'll see you in my office in three months." She arrested and died three days later. The diagnosis was off; he ignored her for two weeks; and did not answer my calls/letters.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Sloan, MD?
I had a posterior fossa meningioma removed six weeks ago. I am completely intact. I was out of the hospital in less than 48 hours. Dr. Sloan is excellent! He explained everything and listened to me.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Sloan?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Sloan treats patients.