Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Andrew Simpson, MD
Andrew Simpson, MD is a fellowship-trained, board certified, spine surgeon. He was trained by the world's best spine surgeons during his education at Yale Medical School, Harvard Surgical Residency, and Emory Spine Fellowship. He underwent advanced training in Japan for endoscopic spine surgery by the world's top authorities on endoscopic spine surgery procedures, and has published many scientific articles and textbook chapters on minimally invasive and endoscopic spine surgery.

Texas Back Institute

8230 Walnut Hill Ln Ste 204

Dallas, TX 75231

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Simpson

Specializing in Minimally Invasive and Microendoscopic Spine Surgery

Dr. Simpson's Experience

Dr. Simpson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Pain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks

• Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Emory University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Simpson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Simpson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Simpson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Simpson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Simpson to family and friends
Dr. Simpson's Performance
in Kaufman, TX |
This young man is a Super Star Surgeon. He has a demeanor about him that will calm any fears that may a person may have. Also the staff around him at Presbyterian were awesome and very caring and the one word they used to describe Dr. Simpson was meticulous. There are only 5 stars to rate him with but he deserves many more. After living with pain for 2 1/2 years I feel like a new person. This young man gave me something I thought I would never have again. A day without pain.
in Plano, TX |
This Doctor is AMAZING!!! My husband suffered with spinal stenosis for almost 3 years. We interviewed 2 other doctors then when we met Dr. Simpson, our search was OVER!! He was referred by a friend who had recent spinal surgery and was a patient of Dr. Simpson! His credentials are OUTSTANDING and his confidence and ability to explain the procedure in lay terms was reassuring. We HIGHLY recommend Dr. Andrew Simpson as an AWESOME SURGEON. His scheduler Jessica is an asset to his staff also!
in Richardson, TX |
Dr Simpson is the most efficient and competent physician I have ever met. He is very courteous and extremely competent (I would say like a perfectionist). His surgery on me was completely successful and I have recommended him to any and all that I know who have back or spine problems. He explains well the surgery he is to perform and then does as he so effectively described. If you are reading this critique, you owe it to yourself to visit Dr Simpson.
Plano, TX |
Went to Dr. Simpson for a second opinion before proceeding with back surgery and was very impressed with him. He was kind, attentive, and thorough, reviewing all possible treatment modalities with us. Decided to proceed with spinal fusion surgery with entry through the back. I am two weeks out from surgery and am beyond pleased with my results. The nerve pain is gone and I am already walking several blocks 3-4 times per day. Dr. Simpson's staff is also kind and made the process smooth.
in Grand Prairie, TX |
I have already recommended Dr. Simpson to many of my friends and acquaintances. I am so pleased with the outcome of my 360 degree L4, L5, and S1 fusion. Not only is Dr. Simpson a brilliant, Ivy League educated doctor, but he has the best bedside manner I have ever experienced. He made me feel at ease. He even spent about 10 minutes on the phone with my son who is a clinical pharmacist in Washington, DC. I never doubted that he had my best interest in mind with every decision he made.
in Fairview, TX |
I was most fortunate to be referred to Dr. Andrew Simpson by my primary care doctor. It was one of the very best referrals ever. Dr. Simpson is an excellent and compassionate surgeon and has a very competent team in the surgery room as well. Dr. Simpson performed a L3-L4 decompression on my lower back and within a day of my operation I was walking around and feeling very well with almost ALL of my previous pain down my left leg gone. I highly recommend Dr. Simpson.
in Farmersville, TX |
Dr. Simpson is one of the best back doctors in Texas. He has all the latest training and technologies available to him and is a Graduate of Harvard, Emory, and Yale. He is both Neurological and Orthopedic qualified at the highest levels. He can evaluate the patients problems from MRI, CAT, XRAYS and recommend the proper course of action. His work and qualifications can be reviewed on Youtube. I do not think you will find a better Doctor anywhere.
in Richardson, TX |
I had back problems for several years but in November 2016 the pain became intense and unbearable. I went to a number of Orthopedic Surgeons who then sent me to a Pain Management Doctor. I had 3 spinal injections and one injection in the hip joint and one injection in the inner bursa. None of this relieved my pain. On 1/10/17 I had a Laminotomy and Microdisection with another Doctor, no relief. Finally found Dr Simpson and on 4/19 he performed a revision, fusion and a bunch of stuff. GREAT!
Richardson, TX |
After seeing 7 orthopedic surgeons with differing opinions and a failed spine surgery, we found Dr. Simpson. He performed a spinal fusion on the L 4/5 with a revision of previous surgery. Not only is he a highly skilled surgeon, he has empathy. It was the first time that I felt heard. No more walker or wheel chair, I was able to walk easily with trekking sticks within a week. Amazing!
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Simpson recognized what pain I was in as soon as he saw me. He expedited my surgery including personally calling my primary physician to have him approve my overall hearth for surgery. His explanations of the procedure that he was going to follow was very clear. His concern on the day of my surgery, the next day and at my follow-up appointment was apparent and much appreciated by my wife and me. His confidence in himself gave me a great deal of confidence in him. I highly recommend him.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Simpson has been the BEST from the word "go." I was referred to him for a lumbar spine problem, which was so painful that it was interfering with my mobility, even with pain medication. At our first visit, before X-rays, he diagnosed a much more serious problem in my cervical spine. X-rays proved his diagnosis. I had ACDF surgery, recuperated quickly, and now have no pain or tingling in my arms and hands. I am still facing lumbar spine surgery and Dr. Simpson will be my surgeon of choice!!!
in Richardson, TX |
I was referred to Dr Simpson by 2 doctors who spoke very highly of his professional competence. Dr Simpson lived up to advance billing! He is a good listener who is patient & attentive. His preliminary diagnosis was confirmed with a MRI. He promptly scheduled surgery. He visited me immediately prior to & post surgery. Daily visits were made. 10 days after surgery met in his office for consultation & removal of stitches. Recovery running ahead of schedule. I highly recommend him & his team.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr Andrew Simpson is an outstanding surgeon. I first met him with all the fears and concerns most of us have about back surgery. His consultation releived most of those but the result of the surgery releived all of them. The surgery resulted in immediate and complete relief from all my pain. I recommend this outstanding surgeon, without reservations.
in Dallas, TX |
Fantastic bedside manner. Dr. Simpson really cares about the patient. He or she is not a number. He is very thorough with the exam, provides a detailed explanation of the situation, and is conservative with treatment. Fantastic Doctor!
in Dallas, TX |
My experience with Dr. Simpson from initial consult to follow-up appointments after surgery was excellent. He is very adept at explaining problems and procedures in terms that are easy to understand for those of use who are not medical professionals. He was not pushy with surgery recommendations, and he encouraged me to get as much information as I could before making a decision. Dr. Simpson did an amazing job, and I cannot thank him enough. I would absolutely recommend him.
Have you seen Dr. Andrew Simpson, MD?
Are you Dr. Simpson?