Dr. Andrew Simpson, MD

Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery ·  Male · Age 37

Dr. Simpson

Brigham and Women's Hospital

75 Francis St Boston, MA 02115

Dr. Andrew Simpson, MD is a minimally invasive orthopedic spine surgery specialist in Boston, MA and has been practicing for 5 years. He graduated from Yale University in 2008 and specializes in minimally invasive orthopedic spine surgery, orthopedic surgery, and more.

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Simpson

Dr. Simpson?
Dr. Simpson's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Andrew Simpson, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr. Simpson is an outstanding Orthopedic Surgeon. I would highly recommend him for spine surgery. He not only has excellent surgical skills he is one of those rare surgeons who takes time to explain complicated spinal surgery and puts you at ease. Back surgery is never to be taken lightly. It is a long healing process, but given that I am now walking about 4-5 miles a day and plan to be back on the tennis courts this Spring, I know I made the right choice.
Very good doctor. Excellent bedside manner and very Knowledgeable
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Simpson, MD?
I am 79 and have had other surgeries through the years. With the other surgeries I did not feel as comfortable going in as I did with Dr. Simpson. He explained everything to me. Now that my surgery is complete, I am so happy that I chose Dr. Simpson for my surgeon. I can’t believe I feel this well so soon after surgery. I am very happy and totally satisfied with the surgery performed by Dr. Simpson. I will tell everyone who needs this about Dr. Simpson, he is awesome. Thank you Dr S!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Simpson, MD?
We had been looking for a competent spine surgeon to take care of our 86 year old father. After visiting with three spine and back surgeons, we were confident in our decision to have him as our dad's surgeon. He and his staff were thorough in explaining the procedure and answered all of our questions. My father is now 2 weeks post-op from a level 4-5 lumbar spinal fusion and decompression, and he is doing better than we could ever had hoped!!! Dr. Simpson & his staff are an answer to prayer.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Simpson, MD?
From my very first visit, Dr. Simpson put my mind at ease and I was confident I had chosen the right surgeon. His explanations were easily understood and he. took time to answer all of our questions and concerns. I am 66 years old and I had my surgery three weeks ago and I feel like a new woman. Dr. Simpson personally called me at home 4 days after surgery just to check on me. I have never had a doctor do that! I would highly recommend him to anyone! He also has an amazing staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Simpson, MD?
This young man is a Super Star Surgeon. He has a demeanor about him that will calm any fears that may a person may have. Also the staff around him at Presbyterian were awesome and very caring and the one word they used to describe Dr. Simpson was meticulous. There are only 5 stars to rate him with but he deserves many more. After living with pain for 2 1/2 years I feel like a new person. This young man gave me something I thought I would never have again. A day without pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Simpson, MD?
This Doctor is AMAZING!!! My husband suffered with spinal stenosis for almost 3 years. We interviewed 2 other doctors then when we met Dr. Simpson, our search was OVER!! He was referred by a friend who had recent spinal surgery and was a patient of Dr. Simpson! His credentials are OUTSTANDING and his confidence and ability to explain the procedure in lay terms was reassuring. We HIGHLY recommend Dr. Andrew Simpson as an AWESOME SURGEON. His scheduler Jessica is an asset to his staff also!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Simpson, MD?
Dr Simpson is the most efficient and competent physician I have ever met. He is very courteous and extremely competent (I would say like a perfectionist). His surgery on me was completely successful and I have recommended him to any and all that I know who have back or spine problems. He explains well the surgery he is to perform and then does as he so effectively described. If you are reading this critique, you owe it to yourself to visit Dr Simpson.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Simpson, MD?
Went to Dr. Simpson for a second opinion before proceeding with back surgery and was very impressed with him. He was kind, attentive, and thorough, reviewing all possible treatment modalities with us. Decided to proceed with spinal fusion surgery with entry through the back. I am two weeks out from surgery and am beyond pleased with my results. The nerve pain is gone and I am already walking several blocks 3-4 times per day. Dr. Simpson's staff is also kind and made the process smooth.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Simpson, MD?
I have already recommended Dr. Simpson to many of my friends and acquaintances. I am so pleased with the outcome of my 360 degree L4, L5, and S1 fusion. Not only is Dr. Simpson a brilliant, Ivy League educated doctor, but he has the best bedside manner I have ever experienced. He made me feel at ease. He even spent about 10 minutes on the phone with my son who is a clinical pharmacist in Washington, DC. I never doubted that he had my best interest in mind with every decision he made.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Simpson, MD?
I was most fortunate to be referred to Dr. Andrew Simpson by my primary care doctor. It was one of the very best referrals ever. Dr. Simpson is an excellent and compassionate surgeon and has a very competent team in the surgery room as well. Dr. Simpson performed a L3-L4 decompression on my lower back and within a day of my operation I was walking around and feeling very well with almost ALL of my previous pain down my left leg gone. I highly recommend Dr. Simpson.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Simpson, MD?
Dr. Simpson is one of the best back doctors in Texas. He has all the latest training and technologies available to him and is a Graduate of Harvard, Emory, and Yale. He is both Neurological and Orthopedic qualified at the highest levels. He can evaluate the patients problems from MRI, CAT, XRAYS and recommend the proper course of action. His work and qualifications can be reviewed on Youtube. I do not think you will find a better Doctor anywhere.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Simpson, MD?
I had back problems for several years but in November 2016 the pain became intense and unbearable. I went to a number of Orthopedic Surgeons who then sent me to a Pain Management Doctor. I had 3 spinal injections and one injection in the hip joint and one injection in the inner bursa. None of this relieved my pain. On 1/10/17 I had a Laminotomy and Microdisection with another Doctor, no relief. Finally found Dr Simpson and on 4/19 he performed a revision, fusion and a bunch of stuff. GREAT!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Simpson, MD?
After seeing 7 orthopedic surgeons with differing opinions and a failed spine surgery, we found Dr. Simpson. He performed a spinal fusion on the L 4/5 with a revision of previous surgery. Not only is he a highly skilled surgeon, he has empathy. It was the first time that I felt heard. No more walker or wheel chair, I was able to walk easily with trekking sticks within a week. Amazing!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Simpson, MD?
Dr. Simpson recognized what pain I was in as soon as he saw me. He expedited my surgery including personally calling my primary physician to have him approve my overall hearth for surgery. His explanations of the procedure that he was going to follow was very clear. His concern on the day of my surgery, the next day and at my follow-up appointment was apparent and much appreciated by my wife and me. His confidence in himself gave me a great deal of confidence in him. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Simpson, MD?
Dr. Simpson has been the BEST from the word "go." I was referred to him for a lumbar spine problem, which was so painful that it was interfering with my mobility, even with pain medication. At our first visit, before X-rays, he diagnosed a much more serious problem in my cervical spine. X-rays proved his diagnosis. I had ACDF surgery, recuperated quickly, and now have no pain or tingling in my arms and hands. I am still facing lumbar spine surgery and Dr. Simpson will be my surgeon of choice!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Simpson, MD?
I was referred to Dr Simpson by 2 doctors who spoke very highly of his professional competence. Dr Simpson lived up to advance billing! He is a good listener who is patient & attentive. His preliminary diagnosis was confirmed with a MRI. He promptly scheduled surgery. He visited me immediately prior to & post surgery. Daily visits were made. 10 days after surgery met in his office for consultation & removal of stitches. Recovery running ahead of schedule. I highly recommend him & his team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Simpson, MD?
Dr Andrew Simpson is an outstanding surgeon. I first met him with all the fears and concerns most of us have about back surgery. His consultation releived most of those but the result of the surgery releived all of them. The surgery resulted in immediate and complete relief from all my pain. I recommend this outstanding surgeon, without reservations.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Simpson, MD?
Fantastic bedside manner. Dr. Simpson really cares about the patient. He or she is not a number. He is very thorough with the exam, provides a detailed explanation of the situation, and is conservative with treatment. Fantastic Doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Simpson, MD?
My experience with Dr. Simpson from initial consult to follow-up appointments after surgery was excellent. He is very adept at explaining problems and procedures in terms that are easy to understand for those of use who are not medical professionals. He was not pushy with surgery recommendations, and he encouraged me to get as much information as I could before making a decision. Dr. Simpson did an amazing job, and I cannot thank him enough. I would absolutely recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Simpson, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Simpson?

Specializing in Minimally Invasive and Microendoscopic Spine Surgery

2009
2008
2003

Dr. Simpson accepts

Dr. Simpson accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Simpson's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Simpson's Top Procedures and Conditions

Myelopathy

Dr. Simpson treats Myelopathy more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Simpson treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Autoimmune Myelopathy

• Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery
  • Spondylosis
  • Torticollis

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Simpson treats patients.

Compare Providers