Dr. Andrew Shatz, MD

Cataract Surgery •  Male • Age 52

Dr. Shatz

SightTrust Eye Institute

1601 Sawgrass Corporate Pkwy Ste 430 Sunrise, FL 33323

Dr. Andrew Shatz, MD is a cataract surgery specialist in Sunrise, FL and has been practicing for 21 years. He graduated from Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine in 1995 and specializes in cataract surgery and ophthalmology.

Dr. Shatz's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shatz

Dr. Shatz?
Dr. Shatz's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Andrew Shatz, MD
This was the worst experience ever for my husband. He had lens removal surgery then six months later he needed to get Lasix surgery now they’re telling him that he needs another lens removal because his eyesight got worse. So far since February 14, 2019 my husband has not seen clearly his eyesight was better before he started we are going for a second opinion before we do anything. Stay far away from this chop shop it has been the worst experience they instantly talk you into getting your eyes done take your money you never see the doctor after the eye removal only nurses and at millennium you never see the same doctor twice they run this place like a factory and it shows STAY AWAY!! You’re better off wearing your contact lenses or glasses then coming to this place
Jan 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Shatz, MD?
I cannot praise Dr. Shatz and his staff enough. The preliminary testing and explanations were thorough, the choices carefully explained, no unreasonable expectations were set. The staff were supportive and professional, followed up with calls and open to any inquiries before or after the surgery. The facility is immaculate and the operation waiting area more professional than a hospital outpatient surgery. My partner watched part of the operation, the doctor explained the procedure to him and answered questions after the surgery. I had both eyes done at the same time, multi focal lenses. I have worn glasses or contacts for 60 years with essentially monovision, very poor depth perception. I now have 20-15 and can see everything brightly and crisply with true depth perception and no need for any kind of glasses or contacts. The change is miraculous. The change was apparent as soon as the pupil dilation was over and more than 6 weeks later my vision remains unbelievably good.
Linda S in Coconut Creek, FL – Oct 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Shatz, MD?
I was told that I would never have to wear glasses again so paying the hight price to me was worth it. After I was sedated I was told that I would have to wear glasses and had to sign a form I couldn't even read. Before I had one pair of glasses trifocal, now I need a pair of glasses for reading, a pair for the computer and a pair for distance. Close range I can see except at night where I get a cloudy vision. They said it would be better with time but it's been two years and I haven't seen any improvement. So very disappointed.
May 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Shatz, MD?
I had my cataract surgery with Dr. Shatz and his team at Sight Trust and could not be happier with the results. My experience with Sight Trust from the very beginning, from consultation, surgery and follow up has been amazing. The staff at Sight Trust is very knowledgeable , caring and friendly and made my experience amazing. I am now free of glasses and loving the freedom to see clearly again. Thank You.
Ida Q. in Miramar, FL – Jan 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Shatz, MD?
When I walked into the office, for the first time, I was nervous and concerned. From the front desk to the other rooms and finally meeting the doctor, all my nervousness disappeared. I never went for a second opinion because I knew this was the place. I am writing this without any glasses for the first time in almost 20 years. My only negative remark would be how annoying doing all those drops are.........the rest was fabulous. I would totally recommend Dr. Shatz and his office.
Nina Spinner-Sands in Hollywood, FL – Oct 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Shatz, MD?
Wow! What a great experience and staff! Everyone from the receptionist, nurses, doctors and my surgeon Dr. Shatz was phenomenal, in making my visit as great as it can be, pre and post surgery. I thank you all for a wonderful experience and results of my cataract surgery. I now have 20/20 vision and my sight is better than ever. You all have made a stressful situation as pleasent as it can be. Im very impressed by everyone and I truly recomend “Sight Trust” for your corrective vision needs! Ty
Oct 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Shatz, MD?
Dr.Shatz is a gifted surgeon... smart, caring, skilled and his staff is super too. I’m so happy with my recent surgery only six weeks post operation and it’s life changing. Thank You Dr.Shatz
Dione Meli in FL – Jun 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Shatz, MD?
Dr. Shatz and his staff are wonderful. They are warm, compassionate, and caring. No detail is overlooked, and no corners are cut. My cataracts were enormous--3.5 on a 4.0 scale, so my surgery had to be more invasive than it would be for many other patients. Yet I now have better than 20/20 vision in both eyes at every distance; I no longer require glasses or contact lenses. The surgery--which I had done on both eyes at the same time--was entirely painless.
Lynn in Coral Springs, Florida – Apr 21, 2018
Excellent
Mar 10, 2018
Awesome
Mar 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Shatz, MD?
My entire experience with Dr. Shatz and his team was excellent. Each staff member was very professional and informed me what was taking place at each step of the surgical process. My cataract surgery was a success. My vision is great and I don’t wear eyeglasses anymore. My wife appreciated being able to view a part of the surgical procedure. I recommend Dr. Shatz and the SightTrust Eye Institute without reservation.
Tom Long in Aventura, Fl – Oct 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Shatz, MD?
Dr. Shatz and his staff were amazing. From the very 1st visit they made me feel comfortable. It took me a year to listen to my doctor and finally go to Sight Trust but I am glad I did. I wore glasses for years the surgery was fast and I had no discomfort. I am at 20/15 a week later. No glasses even for reading and computer work. Again, Amazing. Thank you so much, Debra Canter
Debra in Plantation, FL – Apr 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Shatz, MD?
Dr. Shatz runs a high-end lens-replacement factory operation. The run-up to the replacement is all about assessing your needs and telling you how good your life wil be with no more cataracts and new "premium" lenses circa $5,000.00 per eye. I see much better than before, but almost a year post-surgery one eye still sees fuzzy images and Shatz and Company is not returning my phone calls about making that better. My recommendation: find someone who cares about the patient than the money.
Ft Lauderdale, FL – Dec 08, 2016
Thank you for your comment. I apologize that you...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Shatz, MD?
Extremely professional office all around! I couldn't be happier with the results of my surgery. I had three office visits for the full procedure: 1) Initial consultation 2) Day of surgery 3) Day after surgery
Mayra in Hallandale Beach, FL – Feb 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Shatz, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shatz?

Cataract and lens exchange surgery are no longer only for those who have lost significant vision. Today, your vision can not only be improved, but you can also enjoy life without reading and driving glasses! At SightTrust Eye Institute, we strive to ...

• Cataract Surgery