Dr. Andrew Shapiro, MD

Dr. Andrew Shapiro, MD

General Surgery  |

Dr. Andrew Shapiro, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Wellington, FL. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Shapiro is affiliated with JFK Medical Center, JFK Medical Center North Campus and Wellington Regional Medical Center.

Andrew J. Shapiro MD, PA

1447 Medical Park Blvd Ste 407

Wellington, FL 33414

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Shapiro

Dr. Andrew Shapiro and staff are dedicated to serving our patients' needs by providing a coordinated team approach to delivering state-of-the-art surgical care, thereby enhancing patient access to high-quality, cost-effective services that are both well-timed and well-delivered. We are committed to educating our patients and finding ways to make it easy to communicate. We value your time and are always striving to improve the patient experience.

Dr. Shapiro's Experience

Dr. Shapiro's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in General Surgery

• Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma
  • Epidermoid Carcinoma
  • Facial Skin Cancer
  • Gallbladder Diseases
  • Gastroenterologic Cancer (Colon, Stomach, Esophageal, Liver)
  • Hemorrhoids

• Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Colectomy
  • Colon Surgery
  • Embolectomy, Thrombectomy, or Vessel Exploration
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Breast Tumor
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparotomy

• Eisenhower Army Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Eisnehower Army Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Shapiro has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Shapiro does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shapiro and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

JFK Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Shapiro is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Shapiro's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shapiro to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Shapiro's Performance
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Dr Shapiro was so excellent I came back to him a second time. He made the whole process bearable and is very good at what he does. I highly recommend him.
in Milton, FL |
If you are in need of a surgeon look no further you will have the best! Dr. Shapiro was my surgeon and save my life! YES he save my life and I'm forever thankful to him. He performed an emergency laparotomy with bowel section and drained a massive bilateral pleural effusion as I had a complication from a previous surgery by a different physician. He was attentive and paid attention to my issues, supported me and my husband along the way both pre-and post op. You will be in the hands of the best
in Lake Worth |
Dr. Shapiro saved my life during a 6 hour surgery at JFK Medical Center. I would not hesitate to recommend him for any surgical problems you may have.. He is beyond awesome! During the past 5 years he has helped me and my husband deal with other surgical problems. God Bless you Dr. Shapiro!
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Dr. Shapiro performed a right lower inguinal hernia repair 3 weeks ago. The entire process was flawless from the first office visit until the post op appointment. He used the robotic method which was far less invasive, and resulted in minimal post operative pain. The operation was an outpatient procedure. I highly recommend Dr. Shapiro for any pending surgery you may have.
in 33411 |
Dr. Shapiro is a very compassionate and awesome surgeon. In my time of scare and nervousness he took the time out to answer all my questions and never sugarcoated anything. He was patient and took the time out to address all my concerns. Thank you very much Dr. Shapiro!!!
in Delray Beach, FL |
Not the Dr. or the practice you want to involve yourself with. I was referred by my Dr. for a muscle biopsy. Don't want to bore you with the details, but had to wait almost two weeks for an appt., then the surgery and anesthesia is scheduled for 3/29 at 8:30 and he is a no show. I had him called at 11:10, and the response was that he would be here in 10, and I could leave if I want to. After laying in the prep area under a blanket with an IV I had them remove the IV and I left at 12:00.
in Buffalo, NY |
Spends adequate time with patient, fully explains procedure, and answers all questions. Very satisfied experience.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I would highly recommend Dr. Shapiro to anyone .I am very please with the surgery he did on me.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I had to have hernia surgery . He did an excellent job, gave me all the facts and reasons why I should do this procedure now. Had some post operative pain but am on the mend now after about 2 weeks. I certainly would recommend him to family and friends
in Lake Worth, FL |
His office is quite busy, however, when he is in the room with you - it is all about you. He is a nice Doctor and seeing how many patients he has every time in his office makes me thinks that he has a great reputation. Recommend!
in Boynton Beach, FL |
Dr. Shapiro is an outstanding surgeon. I am convinced that he provided the best possible care for me. Prior to the surgery, he spent the time to explain to me what was involved. After the procedure, he updated my care giver in a very informative and positive manner. Because of his expertise, my surgery went very well and I suffered no ill effects. He is a Great Doctor! In addition, his office staff is very professional and personable.
Have you seen Dr. Andrew Shapiro, MD?
Are you Dr. Shapiro?

Visit Dr. Shapiro

Dr. Shapiro accepts 2 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Shapiro has admitting privileges