Dr. Andrew Scheman, MD

Dr. Andrew Scheman, MD

Dermatology  |

Dr. Andrew Scheman is one of the busiest referral sites for contact allergy patch testing and evaluation of occupational dermatologic skin conditions. Dr. Sheman is also a recognized expert on skin care and anti-aging products, as well as non-invasive anti-aging procedures. He is one of the most experienced physicians in the country in the use of Botox, cosmetic fillers (Restylane, Juvederm, and Scupltra). Dr. Sheman is also an expert on non-invasive anti-aging skin peels and the use of Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) for removal of hair, facial veins and abnormal skin pigmentation.? Dr. Scheman is the author of 8 editions of Pocket Guide to Medications Used in Dermatology (one of the most widely used medical references for dermatologic products) and Cosmetic Buying Guide (by Consumer Reports Books). Dr. Scheman has also been features as an experts in the field of cosmetic dermatology on The Today Show, Good Morning America, ABC's 20-20, Dateline NBC, and CNN News, as well as in numerous magazines, newspapers, and on numerous radio and TV programs.

North Shore Center for Medical Aesthetics Ltd.

1535 Lake Cook Rd Ste 401

Northbrook, IL 60062

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Galaxy Health Network
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HealthLink
  • HFN
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Scheman

See how frequently Dr. Scheman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Allergic Reaction
Dermatitis
Hives

Dr. Scheman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Patient Testimonials

This content was provided by Dr. Scheman Dr. Scheman's office is run like a well oiled machine. I visited him three times, and never did I wait more than ten minutes. Dr. Scheman spent a long time discussing my ailment, and he seemed truly concerned about my well being. For patch testing, he can't be beat. He knows his stuff: he's a faculty at Northwestern. There are only about 50 doctors in all of America that does the extensive testing he performs. He's very dedicated to his craft. For example, he manages the US database on contact dermatitis, used by over 800 doctors. And he recently produced an iPhone app that enables users to access this database easily. This app is now used across the country.

This content was provided by Dr. Scheman I always have a pleasant experience when I see Dr. Scheman. He is very knowledgeable and knows how to treat his patients. I was recommended from another doctor to see him for treating my acne, and he has really helped my skin and boost my confidence. I get so many compliments. Thank you!!

This content was provided by Dr. Scheman Dr. Scheman went out of his way to spend time with me explaining the situation carefully. He listened attentively to my personal needs, answered questions, and responded with compassion as he put his very obvious vast experience and knowledge to work for me. I am an immediate--and will be loyal--believer in Dr. Scheman and his practice!

This content was provided by Dr. Scheman "Today, there are many safe, effective ways to improve the health, beauty and youthful appearance of your skin. The North Shore Center for Medical Aesthetics is dedicated to offering the most effective leading-edge treatments in skin care. Our approach is an innovative blend of the best features of modern medicine and the latest advances in cosmetology. We are able to offer a wide range of services to meet your needs."

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Dermatitis
  • Eczema and Contact Dermatitis Due to Cosmetics
  • Eczema and Contact Dermatitis Due to Detergents
  • Eczema and Contact Dermatitis Due to Metals
  • Fungal Nail Infection
  • Hives
  • Itchy Skin
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, or Poison Sumac Poisoning

• Skin Biopsy
  • Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Wart Removal

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Beloit College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1976
  • Kenyon College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1973
  • Michigan State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1979
  • University Of Michigan Medical School-M.D.
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
  • University of Minnesota Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1985
  • University of Minnesota Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Scheman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Scheman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Scheman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Scheman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Scheman to family and friends
Dr. Scheman's Performance
Dr. Scheman and staff were incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. While the process seemed long and daunting, I am so glad that I went through with it. It was not as bad as I thought it would be. I came away with answers. They are very available.
great
Love the customized unit amounts for fillers.
The doctor and his staff were all very helpful and listened to what I had to say. Dr. Sheman was very humble. I felt that he was very passionate and excited about finding out what I was allergic to. I will recommend him to anyone that has allergies.
doctor explained diagnosis in detail the office staff was friendly and pleasant the doctors medical assist was very nice and helpful would highly recomend this office and doctor
After 3 years of trying to determine the cause of my rash, Dr. Scheman and team figured it out and now I'm on the road to clear skin once again. Outstanding on every level.
Thank you so much for an outstanding visit. After years of battling my sons eczema, I finally landed to the correct place. Dr. Scheman was extremely thorough and addressed all our concerns. We left his office with a concise and detailed treatment plan. It was a relief to finally find a doctor who understands skin eczema as extensive as he does. I trusted his diagnoses and treatment plan instantly based on his knowledge and experience of this skin disease.
Dr. Scheman's office was very prompt and professional. Dr. Scheman himself is one of the most knowledgeable professionals I've seen for medical care. He took the time to evaluate different hypotheses for the issues I was having and ultimately I left with answers - which is what I came for. I highly recommend his office to others.
I am extremely pleased with the care I received from Dr. Scheman and his staff. My skin problems were a mystery to me and the three other doctors I'd visited. He asked relevant questions, tailored a test specific to my situation, and found the root causes. He also worked with me to develop a personalized care plan moving forward.
After struggling with an unknown contact skin allergy, I was finally sent to the right place! Dr. Scheman was very thorough and informative. The process takes a week, but it was well worth my time investment. I now know with a high degree of certainty what I am allergic to. He has an app for your smartphone that will identity products that are acceptable for your specific allergy. Truly genius! I highly recommend seeing Dr. Scheman if you are struggling with an unkno...
I was at the point where I felt like I was never going to figure out what was causing my eczema flare ups. After seeing Dr. Scheman I finally found the answer I was looking for.
Dr. Scheman took so much time with us. Explained completely all information in detail. Had really good ideas and provided lists of products specifically for us. Also, great staff!
Listened carefully to the issues; was careful to try all potential allergens and took time to check my products' labels so they would be included in the tests; transparent in how he communicates the outcome to my current doctor; great videos to further explain testing process and outcomes; great experience overall. I would highly recommend this doctor for allergy testing.
Dr Scheman was great at giving me detailed explanations of my conditions. I was referred to him for patch testing and they made it a smooth process. Results were fast and I wasnt just told of what to avoid, I was actually given printouts and an app to help me figure out how it would effect my day to day activities. All in all, it was a very simple process. Great staff and Dr!
This was an amazing experience, and I've never felt that a dermatologist paid this much attention and thought to my skin. I WILL be back.
We saw Dr. Scheman after my son had a severe allergic reaction on this hands, feet, and several other locations on his body. Patch testing was done and we confirmed quite a few allergies to everyday products. Dr. Scheman took the time to explain how to avoid products and provided alternatives to these products. He took the time to answer my questions and was extremely personable. All the office staff were kind and caring toward myself and my son. I
Thank you Dr.Scheman!
My doctor recommended Dr. Scheman. She spoke very highly of him. The testing process was extensive, however he provided a thorough explanation every step of the way. His staff was also very helpful and professional.
Very extensive testing that resulted in answers that I have been waiting for. I highly recommend to someone who is suffering from skin allergies.
Glad I've found the right person at the right time in the right place!!!
Everyone in the office was more than willing to assist and listen.
Dr. Scheman is one of the few providers nationally to provide extensive allergic patch testing. He and his staff are extremely well organized around the entire process. Written materials and videos are provided in advance. I knew what to expect throughout and felt confident in a solid diagnosis and action plan.
Dr. spent plenty of time patch testing and explaining results. testing was extremely thorough and the follow through was great. The APP for the phone will be very helpful in finding products that I can use and avoid continued exposure to the allergens.
I am very lucky to have found Dr. Scheman. He and his staff were incredibly efficient and professional in assisting me with my contact allergy. I believe I have learned a great deal about my condition and left the office equipped with a fabulous app to help me make better choices relative to my particular allergy. Thank you Dr. Scheman and team.
Dr. Scheman was able to identify allergens which have caused significant discomfort and provide me with alternative options for all household items. He provided plenty of explanations about care to hopefully improve the discomfort and was caring, comforting and a great listener when discussing care. He and the rest of his staff were wonderful throughout my care.
Dr. Scheman was attentive, understanding and well informed. He took the time to thoroughly explain the procedure and results. I was very pleased with my visit!
I have dealt with terrible eczema on my face, ears, and neck for the last 3 years. I had a strong feeling there was some missing piece of the puzzle as to why this was happening. The thorough practices of Dr. Scheman and his patch testing gave me answers that I had not gotten anywhere near to receiving with other doctors. The detailed instructions for treatment at the end were wonderful as well. I am very hopeful for the future and I'm glad I made time to go through the whole process.
I am so happy I had my patch testing completed with Dr Scheman and his team. I have had several skin issues/rashes and I finally know the cause! Dr Scheman and his team were kind, considerate and listened attentively to my questions and concerns. I would recommend Dr Scheman to anyone who thinks they may have skin allergens.
delightful,great,precise diagnosis and treatment
Dr Scheman did an excellent job investigating my skin issues. He spent a great deal of time explaining all aspects of my issue.
I have seen Dr. Scheman for a number of years. His staff and his practice are exceptionally well run. His skill and knowledge are impressive. He and his team are exceptional providers and help patients like me, a working professional, look and feel great!
Doc Scheman did a very thorough series of tests and provided an excellent explaination of his findings. His council on going forward was very helpful. And his demeanor of professionalism and true concern for his patients was not only comforting but removed all stress. Deep sense of confidence moving forward.
Excellent and informative!
Patch allergy process over 5 days, with follow-up diagnoses and action plan for change.
very thorough testing and useful
This has been life changing! The doctor was very thorough with his testing and his explanations. I left the office well- educated about my newly discovered and armed with a list of products that are safe to use, as well as a database for checking future products. i have had these issues off and on for over 20 years. I finally feel that I am finding answers.
Great experience. Very informative and listens to needs in order to come up with a good solution.
Dr. Scheman actually listened to my concerns and didn' t rush through the visit.
excellent
Dr. Scheman was a thorough, knowledgeable, problem solver. He took his time talking through diagnosis and identifying solutions for me so I could live with my diagnosis. I feel so fortunate to have been referred to him from my regular dermatologist.
Great experience
Dr.Scheman was very knowledgeable and gave me plenty of resources for reference in solving my condition. I am excited to see the results and have hope that my condition will be fixed! His office also is great at following up and providing any necessary help after my patch test was complete.
Finally a Doctor who took the time to listen and have the answer no one else could give me.
Dr. Scheman is thoughtful, smart, knowledgeable and patient. I feel like I've landed in the right doctor's office.
Long process but we finally got the results we needed to confirm what was wrong with my husbands skin. Thank you!
Great explanation of issues.
testing was easy. Results easy to understand .
Excellent staff, spent time reviewing results.
Dr. Schemen is clearly extremely knowledgeable in his field but also thorough, caring, comprehensive, clear in giving directions, compassionate, and kind. As a provider, I appreciate the totality of the care he provides his patients. Full respect
I am pleased with the results of my visit. Dr. Scheman gave me a better understanding of my condition as well as how to manage it at home and in my workplace.
Have you seen Dr. Andrew Scheman, MD?

Visit Dr. Scheman

Dr. Scheman accepts 15 insurance carriers
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Galaxy Health Network
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA