Dr. Andrew Scheman, MD

Dr. Andrew Scheman, MD

Dermatology  |

Dr. Andrew Scheman is one of the busiest referral sites for contact allergy patch testing and evaluation of occupational dermatologic skin conditions. Dr. Sheman is also a recognized expert on skin care and anti-aging products, as well as non-invasive anti-aging procedures. He is one of the most experienced physicians in the country in the use of Botox, cosmetic fillers (Restylane, Juvederm, and Scupltra). Dr. Sheman is also an expert on non-invasive anti-aging skin peels and the use of Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) for removal of hair, facial veins and abnormal skin pigmentation.? Dr. Scheman is the author of 8 editions of Pocket Guide to Medications Used in Dermatology (one of the most widely used medical references for dermatologic products) and Cosmetic Buying Guide (by Consumer Reports Books). Dr. Scheman has also been features as an experts in the field of cosmetic dermatology on The Today Show, Good Morning America, ABC's 20-20, Dateline NBC, and CNN News, as well as in numerous magazines, newspapers, and on numerous radio and TV programs.

North Shore Center for Medical Aesthetics Ltd.

1535 Lake Cook Rd Ste 401

Northbrook, IL 60062

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Galaxy Health Network
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HealthLink
  • HFN
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Scheman

Patient Testimonials

Dr. Scheman's office is run like a well oiled machine. I visited him three times, and never did I wait more than ten minutes. Dr. Scheman spent a long time discussing my ailment, and he seemed truly concerned about my well being. For patch testing, he can't be beat. He knows his stuff: he's a faculty at Northwestern. There are only about 50 doctors in all of America that does the extensive testing he performs. He's very dedicated to his craft. For example, he manages the US database on contact dermatitis, used by over 800 doctors. And he recently produced an iPhone app that enables users to access this database easily. This app is now used across the country.
I always have a pleasant experience when I see Dr. Scheman. He is very knowledgeable and knows how to treat his patients. I was recommended from another doctor to see him for treating my acne, and he has really helped my skin and boost my confidence. I get so many compliments. Thank you!!
Dr. Scheman went out of his way to spend time with me explaining the situation carefully. He listened attentively to my personal needs, answered questions, and responded with compassion as he put his very obvious vast experience and knowledge to work for me. I am an immediate--and will be loyal--believer in Dr. Scheman and his practice!

Today, there are many safe, effective ways to improve the health, beauty and youthful appearance of your skin. The North Shore Center for Medical Aesthetics is dedicated to offering the most effective leading-edge treatments in skin care. Our approach is an innovative blend of the best features of modern medicine and the latest advances in cosmetology. We are able to offer a wide range of services to meet your needs.

Dr. Scheman's Experience

Dr. Scheman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Skin Biopsy
  • Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Wart Removal

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Beloit College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1976
  • Kenyon College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1973
  • Michigan State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1979
  • University Of Michigan Medical School-M.D.
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
  • University of Minnesota Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1985
  • University of Minnesota Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Scheman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Scheman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Scheman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Scheman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Scheman to family and friends
Dr. Scheman's Performance
Dr. Scheman took so much time with us. Explained completely all information in detail. Had really good ideas and provided lists of products specifically for us. Also, great staff!
Listened carefully to the issues; was careful to try all potential allergens and took time to check my products' labels so they would be included in the tests; transparent in how he communicates the outcome to my current doctor; great videos to further explain testing process and outcomes; great experience overall. I would highly recommend this doctor for allergy testing.
Dr Scheman was great at giving me detailed explanations of my conditions. I was referred to him for patch testing and they made it a smooth process. Results were fast and I wasnt just told of what to avoid, I was actually given printouts and an app to help me figure out how it would effect my day to day activities. All in all, it was a very simple process. Great staff and Dr!
This was an amazing experience, and I've never felt that a dermatologist paid this much attention and thought to my skin. I WILL be back.
We saw Dr. Scheman after my son had a severe allergic reaction on this hands, feet, and several other locations on his body. Patch testing was done and we confirmed quite a few allergies to everyday products. Dr. Scheman took the time to explain how to avoid products and provided alternatives to these products. He took the time to answer my questions and was extremely personable. All the office staff were kind and caring toward myself and my son. I
Thank you Dr.Scheman!
My doctor recommended Dr. Scheman. She spoke very highly of him. The testing process was extensive, however he provided a thorough explanation every step of the way. His staff was also very helpful and professional.
Very extensive testing that resulted in answers that I have been waiting for. I highly recommend to someone who is suffering from skin allergies.
Glad I've found the right person at the right time in the right place!!!
Everyone in the office was more than willing to assist and listen.
Dr. Scheman is one of the few providers nationally to provide extensive allergic patch testing. He and his staff are extremely well organized around the entire process. Written materials and videos are provided in advance. I knew what to expect throughout and felt confident in a solid diagnosis and action plan.
Dr. spent plenty of time patch testing and explaining results. testing was extremely thorough and the follow through was great. The APP for the phone will be very helpful in finding products that I can use and avoid continued exposure to the allergens.
I am very lucky to have found Dr. Scheman. He and his staff were incredibly efficient and professional in assisting me with my contact allergy. I believe I have learned a great deal about my condition and left the office equipped with a fabulous app to help me make better choices relative to my particular allergy. Thank you Dr. Scheman and team.
Dr. Scheman was able to identify allergens which have caused significant discomfort and provide me with alternative options for all household items. He provided plenty of explanations about care to hopefully improve the discomfort and was caring, comforting and a great listener when discussing care. He and the rest of his staff were wonderful throughout my care.
Dr. Scheman was attentive, understanding and well informed. He took the time to thoroughly explain the procedure and results. I was very pleased with my visit!
I have dealt with terrible eczema on my face, ears, and neck for the last 3 years. I had a strong feeling there was some missing piece of the puzzle as to why this was happening. The thorough practices of Dr. Scheman and his patch testing gave me answers that I had not gotten anywhere near to receiving with other doctors. The detailed instructions for treatment at the end were wonderful as well. I am very hopeful for the future and I'm glad I made time to go through the whole process.
delightful,great,precise diagnosis and treatment
I am so happy I had my patch testing completed with Dr Scheman and his team. I have had several skin issues/rashes and I finally know the cause! Dr Scheman and his team were kind, considerate and listened attentively to my questions and concerns. I would recommend Dr Scheman to anyone who thinks they may have skin allergens.
Dr Scheman did an excellent job investigating my skin issues. He spent a great deal of time explaining all aspects of my issue.
I have seen Dr. Scheman for a number of years. His staff and his practice are exceptionally well run. His skill and knowledge are impressive. He and his team are exceptional providers and help patients like me, a working professional, look and feel great!
Excellent and informative!
very thorough testing and useful
Great experience. Very informative and listens to needs in order to come up with a good solution.
excellent
Great experience
Long process but we finally got the results we needed to confirm what was wrong with my husbands skin. Thank you!
testing was easy. Results easy to understand .
Dr. Schemen is clearly extremely knowledgeable in his field but also thorough, caring, comprehensive, clear in giving directions, compassionate, and kind. As a provider, I appreciate the totality of the care he provides his patients. Full respect
Excellent!!!
Great advice.
Dr. Scheman is clearly very knowledgeable in his field as well as invested in his patients' outcomes. I truly appreciated his time and expertise. I have interacted with many doctors in the quest to manage my allergies and feel that Dr. Scheman truly brought something new to the table and to my approach to managing my condition. Thank you for your help!
Dr. is very thorough, I feel this will finally help me to have better skin after a 1 1/2 battle. I would highly recommend this practice.
I had contact dermatitis several times, and after taking 2 courses of steroids decided to pursue patch testing to determine the culprit. Dr. Scheman was incredibly attentive, answered all my questions and really put time into designing, managing and interpreting my test results. I could not be happier!
Very satisfied with the result.
I felt that I was totally with the right doctor for my condition. Diagnosis & instructions were very clear. Liked his use of video to explain the process. Feel like I understand my condition & felt like I was well taken care of.
I have been coming to Dr. Scheman and his associates for many years because of the excellent care and knowledge that he and the other doctors provide. My family and I hold a high regard for Dr. Scheman and his entire staff.
Always spends the time to listen to my concerns and evaluate the proper procedures. The results are very much to my satisfaction.
Dr. Scheman is fantastic and recommends the dose that is appropriate, thank you!
Very informative, thorough experience. Answered all of our questions and concerns.
Dr. Scheman and his entire staff was so comforting, helpful, and took all the time needed to test, diagnose and explain my issues and treatment to me and put me more at ease as well as directing this information to my other doctors. thankyou!
Staff was very professional, sent paper work prior to visit and stayed in contact with us. Doctor spent extra time to thoroughly explain everything prior to the patch test and when we came back for the results. The pre-recorded videos explaining the allergens showed his experience and expertise in patient care. We are glad that we traveled 65 miles from Indiana to attend and will gladly come back.
very informative, took time to explain in detail and offer options
I was referred to Dr. Scheman for contact allergy patch-testing. Dr. Scheman and his staff clearly explained the process (three days, over the course of a week) and were incredibly thorough and professional.
Great "bedside manor" and explains everything in such detail. Great experience.
Dr Scheman takes the time to explain everything he does. He is always friendly and listens to me as a patient.
excellent
very detailed and willing to explain everything. He does not rush. Wants to give you the most accurate diagnosis possible.
Dr. Scheman was thorough and knowledgeable. He took great time to make sure I understood the process, results and next steps. I would recommend him and his team.
My experience was positive. Explanations of follow up routines were thorough.
Great and easy to work with. Dr. Scheman is very clear and explains everything.
Have you seen Dr. Andrew Scheman, MD?

Visit Dr. Scheman

Dr. Scheman accepts 15 insurance carriers
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Galaxy Health Network
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA