Dr. Andrew Scheman, MD

Dr. Andrew Scheman, MD

Dermatology  |
123 reviews

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Galaxy Health Network
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HealthLink
  • HFN
  • MVP Health Care

Patient Testimonials

I waited a while for my first appointment, but my second and third appointments went quickly. The doctor explained everything that was happening as well as what I was allergic to and how I could avoid it in the future. He answered any questions I had as well.

Provided a valuable service and made you feel he cared.

Dr was very persistent to finding out the problem and gave good recommendations

Dr. Andrew J. Scheman is a Dermatologist serving the Northbrook area for more than 30 years. Dr. Scheman is experienced in Skin Cancer Excision, Botox and Dysport and Cosmetic Fillers. He is a professional member of the National Psoriasis Foundation. Dr. Andrew Scheman was also awarded the America's Top Dermatologists Award and the Castle Connolly's Top Doctors™ Award.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Andrew J. Scheman is a Dermatologist serving the Northbrook area for more than 30 years.Read more

Dr. Scheman's Experience

See how Dr. Scheman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Scheman

Dr. Scheman accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Scheman has admitting privileges.

Dr. Scheman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Scheman to family and friends
Dr. Scheman's Performance
Dr Scheman did an excellent job investigating my skin issues. He spent a great deal of time explaining all aspects of my issue.
I have seen Dr. Scheman for a number of years. His staff and his practice are exceptionally well run. His skill and knowledge are impressive. He and his team are exceptional providers and help patients like me, a working professional, look and feel great!
Excellent and informative!
very thorough testing and useful
Great experience. Very informative and listens to needs in order to come up with a good solution.
Great experience
Long process but we finally got the results we needed to confirm what was wrong with my husbands skin. Thank you!
testing was easy. Results easy to understand .
Dr. Schemen is clearly extremely knowledgeable in his field but also thorough, caring, comprehensive, clear in giving directions, compassionate, and kind. As a provider, I appreciate the totality of the care he provides his patients. Full respect
Excellent!!!
Great advice.
Dr. Scheman is clearly very knowledgeable in his field as well as invested in his patients' outcomes. I truly appreciated his time and expertise. I have interacted with many doctors in the quest to manage my allergies and feel that Dr. Scheman truly brought something new to the table and to my approach to managing my condition. Thank you for your help!
Dr. is very thorough, I feel this will finally help me to have better skin after a 1 1/2 battle. I would highly recommend this practice.
I had contact dermatitis several times, and after taking 2 courses of steroids decided to pursue patch testing to determine the culprit. Dr. Scheman was incredibly attentive, answered all my questions and really put time into designing, managing and interpreting my test results. I could not be happier!
Very satisfied with the result.
I felt that I was totally with the right doctor for my condition. Diagnosis & instructions were very clear. Liked his use of video to explain the process. Feel like I understand my condition & felt like I was well taken care of.
I have been coming to Dr. Scheman and his associates for many years because of the excellent care and knowledge that he and the other doctors provide. My family and I hold a high regard for Dr. Scheman and his entire staff.
Always spends the time to listen to my concerns and evaluate the proper procedures. The results are very much to my satisfaction.
Dr. Scheman is fantastic and recommends the dose that is appropriate, thank you!
Very informative, thorough experience. Answered all of our questions and concerns.
Dr. Scheman and his entire staff was so comforting, helpful, and took all the time needed to test, diagnose and explain my issues and treatment to me and put me more at ease as well as directing this information to my other doctors. thankyou!
Staff was very professional, sent paper work prior to visit and stayed in contact with us. Doctor spent extra time to thoroughly explain everything prior to the patch test and when we came back for the results. The pre-recorded videos explaining the allergens showed his experience and expertise in patient care. We are glad that we traveled 65 miles from Indiana to attend and will gladly come back.
very informative, took time to explain in detail and offer options
I was referred to Dr. Scheman for contact allergy patch-testing. Dr. Scheman and his staff clearly explained the process (three days, over the course of a week) and were incredibly thorough and professional.
Great "bedside manor" and explains everything in such detail. Great experience.
Dr Scheman takes the time to explain everything he does. He is always friendly and listens to me as a patient.
excellent
very detailed and willing to explain everything. He does not rush. Wants to give you the most accurate diagnosis possible.
Dr. Scheman was thorough and knowledgeable. He took great time to make sure I understood the process, results and next steps. I would recommend him and his team.
My experience was positive. Explanations of follow up routines were thorough.
Great and easy to work with. Dr. Scheman is very clear and explains everything.
Dr Scheman is one of my favorite doctors. He is by far the best Dermatologist I have ever seen. He changed my life with his patch testing. He was able to identify my specific allergies and give me alternative products. Since then my daily rashes have disappeared. His love of dermatology clearly shines. His explanations are always very understandable and if the first method does not work, he always searches for an alternative. Needless to say, I feel so fortunate th...
His staff makes you very comfortable and Dr. Scheman is always sensitive to the cost for the patient.
They took time to explain things to me; Dr. Scheman was thorough with his assessment. All in the group were excellent! Thank you!
I got the information I needed to know about my alergy.j
Had a great experience. Came in not knowing what was causing my skin irritation and left with a great plan to avoid issues and manage my skin care for the future.
great
Excellent care, extremely knowledgeable
Excellent
excellent
I feel the results will be very helpful in finding what I can do to resolve issues of allergic reactions.
I was satisfied with my experience here and impressed as stated in my former statement.
Good
Dr. Scheman is wonderful and a great doctor. Been a patient for over twenty years.
Outstanding MD with a true passion for his work.
Very helpful.
Saw Dr Scheman a few years ago and her accurately diagnosed and corrected the problem. The problem reocured after a few years. The doctor asked questions, listened to my issues and made several recommendations. I am confident that the problem will be resolved.
Provided a valuable service and made you feel he cared.
Have you seen Dr. Andrew Scheman, MD?

Dr. Scheman says...

• Botox
  • Dysport and Cosmetic Fillers
  • Body Countouring
  • Facials

Dr. Scheman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology

Dr. Scheman has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Scheman's Board Certifications

• Itchy Skin
  • Melanoma
  • Psoriasis
  • Skin Discoloration

University Of Michigan Medical School-M.D.

Graduated in 1984

Kenyon College

Graduated in 1973

Michigan State University

Graduated in 1979

Dr. Scheman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Scheman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology