Dr. Andrew Scheman, MD

Dr. Andrew Scheman, MD

Dermatology  ·

Dr. Andrew Scheman, MD is a dermatologist in Northbrook, IL and has been practicing for 30 years. He specializes in dermatology.Read his story

North Shore Center for Medical Aesthetics Ltd.

1535 Lake Cook Rd Ste 401

Northbrook, IL 60062

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Galaxy Health Network
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HealthLink
  • HFN
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Scheman

See how frequently Dr. Scheman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Allergic Reaction

Dr. Scheman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Scheman's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Scheman "Dr. Andrew Scheman is one of the busiest referral sites for contact allergy patch testing and evaluation of occupational dermatologic skin conditions. Dr. Sheman is also a recognized expert on skin care and anti-aging products, as well as non-invasive anti-aging procedures. He is one of the most experienced physicians in the country in the use of Botox, cosmetic fillers (Restylane, Juvederm, and Scupltra). Dr. Sheman is also an expert on non-invasive anti-aging skin peels and the use of Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) for removal of hair, facial veins and abnormal skin pigmentation.? Dr. Scheman is the author of 8 editions of Pocket Guide to Medications Used in Dermatology (one of the most widely used medical references for dermatologic products) and Cosmetic Buying Guide (by Consumer Reports Books). Dr. Scheman has also been features as an experts in the field of cosmetic dermatology on The Today Show, Good Morning America, ABC's 20-20, Dateline NBC, and CNN News, as well as in numerous magazines, newspapers, and on numerous radio and TV programs."

Patient Testimonials

This content was provided by Dr. Scheman "Dr. Scheman's office is run like a well oiled machine. I visited him three times, and never did I wait more than ten minutes. Dr. Scheman spent a long time discussing my ailment, and he seemed truly concerned about my well being. For patch testing, he can't be beat. He knows his stuff: he's a faculty at Northwestern. There are only about 50 doctors in all of America that does the extensive testing he performs. He's very dedicated to his craft. For example, he manages the US database on contact dermatitis, used by over 800 doctors. And he recently produced an iPhone app that enables users to access this database easily. This app is now used across the country."

"I always have a pleasant experience when I see Dr. Scheman. He is very knowledgeable and knows how to treat his patients. I was recommended from another doctor to see him for treating my acne, and he has really helped my skin and boost my confidence. I get so many compliments. Thank you!!"

"Dr. Scheman went out of his way to spend time with me explaining the situation carefully. He listened attentively to my personal needs, answered questions, and responded with compassion as he put his very obvious vast experience and knowledge to work for me. I am an immediate--and will be loyal--believer in Dr. Scheman and his practice!"

"Today, there are many safe, effective ways to improve the health, beauty and youthful appearance of your skin. The North Shore Center for Medical Aesthetics is dedicated to offering the most effective leading-edge treatments in skin care. Our approach is an innovative blend of the best features of modern medicine and the latest advances in cosmetology. We are able to offer a wide range of services to meet your needs."

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Dermatitis
  • Eczema and Contact Dermatitis Due to Cosmetics
  • Eczema and Contact Dermatitis Due to Detergents
  • Eczema and Contact Dermatitis Due to Metals
  • Fungal Nail Infection
  • Hives
  • Itchy Skin
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, or Poison Sumac Poisoning

• Skin Biopsy
  • Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Wart Removal

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Beloit College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1976
  • Kenyon College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1973
  • Michigan State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1979
  • University Of Michigan Medical School-M.D.
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
  • University of Minnesota Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1985
  • University of Minnesota Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Scheman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Scheman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Scheman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Scheman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Scheman to family and friends

Dr. Scheman's Performance

Solved a life-long problem and provided a great deal of information that was invaluable.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Scheman was able to find many things I am allergic to that I use everyday. With the help of the ACDS CAMP app it will make it very easy to find products that I can use to help improve the condition of my hand that I have been tolerating for years. Thank you Dr. Scheman and team!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
My visits with Dr Scheman and his expert team have provided me confidence that I can get my skin under control. Most of the issues are on my face and knowing I will be able to pretty again is worth the world to me. Thank you Dr.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I feel that the process I've gone through was very thorough and that everyone who helped me was professional, but also kind and hekpful. Thanks to everyone!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Scheman was extremely thorough in my treatment. He answered all of my questions to my satisfaction and went above and beyond to make sure I was taken care of. Would highly recommend him for all dermatology needs.
Are you Dr. Scheman?