Dr. Andrew Ruthberg, MD

Dr. Andrew Ruthberg, MD

Rheumatology  ·

Dr. Andrew Ruthberg, MD is a rheumatology specialist in Chicago, IL and has been practicing for 35 years. He specializes in rheumatology.

University Rheumatologists

1611 W Harrison St Ste 510

Chicago, IL 60612

• Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Ruthberg

Video

See how frequently Dr. Ruthberg performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Gout
Arthritis
Autoimmune Diseases

Dr. Ruthberg's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Ruthberg "I think I can say I've witnessed a revolution. When I finished my program, standard treatment for rheumatoid arthritis was something called injectable gold. In the 1980's a product called methotrexate became very popular. Around 1999 a whole group of new drugs that might be called biological drugs suddenly became available. So there have been huge steps forward. There are just more and more opportunities to get a better and better result than was the case in 1981 or so when I first entered the field. I think that for a lot of people with an illness like rheumatoid arthritis, their rheumatologist becomes, really, their most important doctor. There are still a few people, going back 30 years, who I still exchange a Christmas card or a birthday card with and maybe even occasionally get to talk on the phone. So those relationships can last for a long time."

• Rheumatology

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
  • Rheumatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Brown Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1977
  • Suny Downstate Brooklyn
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1978
  • Suny Downstate Brooklyn
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1981
  • Brown U/Roger Williams
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1983

Dr. Ruthberg has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ruthberg does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ruthberg and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ruthberg's Reviews

2.2
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ruthberg to family and friends

Dr. Ruthberg's Performance

FAIR

FAIR

GOOD

I am sure the guy is knowledgeable but when he saw that I had nothing auto immune going on he was dismissive and rude. I asked him why I was in so much pain and he shrugged and said he had no answers for me. I went instead to a physical medicine doctor who diagnosed me with Ehlers Danlos and found...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
I have only seen Dr. Ruthberg once so far but out of the six Rheumatologists I have seen since 1997, he is pretty thorough and seems interested in cause and solution. We'll see how my next appointment goes!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option1
been taking care of me for several years one of the best i have ever seen.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
I deeply regret the day I met this man.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option8thumbs down icon option3
Are you Dr. Ruthberg?

More Rheumatology Specialists like Dr. Ruthberg at Rush University Medical Center