Dr. Andrew Roeser, MD

Dr. Andrew Roeser, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 45

Neurosurgery

Dr. Andrew Roeser, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Houston, TX. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center and Houston Methodist Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Neurosurgical Group of Texas

Neurosurgical Group Of Texas8731 Katy Fwy Ste 325 Houston, TX 77024

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Roeser is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center Houston, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

More Neurosurgery Specialists at HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center

Dr. Roeser's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Roeser

4.3

Dr. Roeser

Dr. Roeser is an awesome neuro surgeon. He explained everything and eased my mind about having the surgery. I’m so glad I chose him to do my 2 level cervical fusion. He fixed all my problems with little discomfort. His office staff are nice too!
Anna Snipes – Sep 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Roeser, MD?
I recently had lumbar fusion surgery on L2/L3. I also had L3/L4/L5 fusion surgery in 2017. I each case the surgery went well with good results. Dr Roeser explained and actually showed me the problem area on his computer. He went into detail explaining the first surgery but not so much on the recent one since it was similar to the one in 2017. He is mild mannered, professional and willing to answers questions about the surgery and post recovery process. I highly recommend Dr Roeser and have done so to friends. I do think the office administrator could be more informative, e.g., explaining the use of post op medications.
Jim McGaha – Apr 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Roeser, MD?
When my initial neurosurgeon was not available, I was referred to Dr. Andrew Roeser for Lumbar laminectomy., on 10/15/2020. Needless to say, Dr. Roeser did not correct my problem, but made it significantly worse. I just had surgery #2 (03/19/2021) with Dr David Cech who was my original first choice. Dr.Roeser office staff has poor follow up, and didn’t return phone calls or emails. I definitely would not recommend Dr. Andrew Roeser with Neurosurgical Group of Texas.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Mar 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Roeser, MD?
Dr. Roeser was extremely professional, clearly laid out all of the options available to me and patiently discussed my concerns. I appreciated his direct but gentle manner throughout the process. Dr. Roeser's team was also wonderful, provided gentle care and addressed all my pre and post-surgical questions. I would highly recommend him to anyone facing spinal surgery.
John P. Walsh, Jr. – Jan 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Roeser, MD?
I feel fortunate to have chosen Dr. Roeser as my neurosurgeon. Initially, I was nervous about undergoing Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF) surgery C5-C6. However, after meeting with Dr. Roeser, I was reassured that this was the right choice for me. He made me feel comfortable about the surgery. He was easy to talk with; he was caring, informative, professional, and he has an excellent nurse - Rosa Dodson. I am extremely satisfied with the ACDF surgery that was performed June 2020. The surgery went very smoothly. I did not experience post op side effects. The whole process went well and I am grateful. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Roeser to anyone in need of any type of spine surgery. I have already recommended him and his team to several of my friends.
Marlene Boffman – Sep 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Roeser, MD?
I had a herniated disc at C5 C6. Dr. Roeser fixed my neck perfectly. I think he is wonderful as is his staff. He was recommended to me by another doctor that I completely trust. I was very nervous to have someone working near my spine. I was afraid of paralysis, damage to my vocal cords or my ability to swallow after it was over. The scar on the front of my neck is small and will heal so no one will be able to tell. I had no problems whatsoever!!! He is the guy!!! You will not be sorry!!!
Jul 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Roeser, MD?
I very recently had a 3 level cervical discectomy with fusion performed on my neck by Dr. Roeser. It proved to be a lifechanging experience for me....no more neck grinding! Many thanks and appreciation for Dr. Roeser and his team, including his nurse Rosa!
K. Caldwell – Mar 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Roeser, MD?
A+ ratings for Dr. Roeser. Two successful spinal surgeries 10 years apart. So grateful for his expertise and skill. Terrible sciatic pain was relieved immediately upon discectomy at L5-S1. Would not hesitate to recommend him. Thanks, Dr. Roeser!
Mar 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Roeser, MD?
My experience with Dr. Roeser was wonderful he was very informative and patient while explaining what needed to be done. The surgery was a success and I have already recommended him to a friend. I am extremely appreciative for what he did for me.
Anne Birney – Dec 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Roeser, MD?
He was knowledgeable, listened to every concern, and gave me great confidence in him. He replaced and fused 3 levels in my neck, and it couldn't have gone better! I didn't take any pain meds after I came home. I would go to him again if needed.
LAURA D – Dec 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Roeser, MD?
Dr. Roeser discussed my MRI's and my condition. He was very calm and explained in detail what my issues were and the options. He was never in a rush, but spent time with me and answered all my concerns and questions. I never felt any pressure, he discussed the outcomes and expectation. He did not pressure me to do anything I did not feel was right. He is an excellent surgeon and has concern and compassion for his patients.
Nov 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Roeser, MD?
I had a fusion on L4-L5, Dr Roeser always seemed compassionate, honest and informative. He explained the risks of the fusion before the procedure and expressed that he doesn’t like to do fusions on patients as young as me but that the disc was damaged beyond repair after 2 prior surgeries. Surgery went well although I did feel like it was too difficult to get an appointment with him when I began having concerns post surgery. His coordinator Rosa seemed to get frustrated with me when all I wanted was to speak to my doctor about my concerns. When I finally insisted on getting an appointment Dr Roeser was patient and concerned. Excellent doctor but concerns about office staff.
Nov 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Roeser, MD?
I've seen Dr. Roesser for two separate surgeries. One approximately eight years ago. The latest one being August in 1990. I had absolutely no hesitation in seeing Dr. Roesser again as I found him to be extremely knowledgeable, thorough, patient and kind. Both surgeries were extremely successful. He helped me regain a quality of life that I was concerned was lost forever. His staff, and particularly Rosa are extremely reliable and thorough. I believe Dr. Roesser is truly gifted and I am grateful that he has found his gift and is able to help others.
Angela Bartlett, LCSW – Oct 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Roeser, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Roeser. He performed an anterior cervical discectomy & fusion on me in June 2019. Dr. Roeser was totally prepared for my first visit with him and had clearly studied my medical history, information, & MRI. He asked great questions and listened to my answers. His explanation of my condition and recommendations for were very clear and compassionate. The surgery went extremely well. I have experienced great results, no pain and no issues. His asst Ms Dobson is amazing!
John C Camp Jr in Houston , Texas – Jun 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Roeser, MD?
I feel so fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Roeser. Word around town is that he is THE BEST, and that was certainly my experience. He is compassionate, practical and spent so much time answering my (many) questions.
May 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Roeser, MD?
I saw Dr. Roeser for a herniated L5-S1 after my 4th child. He could not have been more patient, kind, compassionate, honest and straightforward every step of the way. After trying chiro, PT, MAT, 2nd/3rd opinions and more, I ended up with surgery. That was 8 months ago and I am pain free and stronger than ever. I still cannot believe it after the excruciating pain I felt. Dr. Roeser is so skilled as a surgeon and I thank God daily that he was the dr that operated on me.
Allison S in Houston, TX – May 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Roeser, MD?
Dr Roeser is a fantastic surgeon, doctor, and person. From his diagnosis, to surgery skill, to bedside manner and post op care, we could not have asked for a better person to care for my wife. Dr Roeser performed a microdiskectomy on her as she was in so much pain she could barely walk. Two weeks after surgery she walked into the post op without any pain. Thank you Dr Roeser.
May 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Roeser, MD?
He was absolutely right about my diagnosis, I'll give him that. But he showed me no MRI, showed me no MRI report, took no X-Ray of my three time operated on spine, took no notes, didn't have a pen and paper with him, had none of my records nor was he even remotely interested in my questions. He couldn't explain his way out of a phone booth. It took another doctor to finally show me what was going on in my spine for it to all make sense. The good doctor has been terminated.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
none – May 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Roeser, MD?
I was having severe back pain and finally couldn’t take it any longer. I made an appointment to see Dr. Roeser. After examining my MRI he told me that one day i might need an operation, but let’s put that off as far as possible. He then took the time to explain some exercises I could do that would help. After a month or two of doing the exercises, my back feels great. I have no more sciatic pain down my leg. In a moment when he could have told me anything and I would have done it, he told me the one thing he didn’t get paid for, and it cured me! Thank you Dr Roeser. I will send everyone I know your way if they have an issue with their back. It’s just nice to have someone who tells you the truth and spends the time to explain it as well.
D. in Houston – May 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Roeser, MD?
Dr Roeser is a genuine and thorough surgeon. I felt comfortable in his care and grateful for the ease of coordinating my surgery.
May 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Roeser, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Roeser?