Dr. Andrew D. Petersen, DO

Dr. Andrew D. Petersen, DO

Family Medicine | Male | 43 years old

Personal Bio

Andrew Petersen, D.O. is the Chief Physician and founder of Whole Health Medical Group in Utah where he has been...Read more

Dr. Petersen's Experience

See how Dr. Petersen's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Petersen

Dr. Petersen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Petersen to family and friends
4.1
Experience with Dr. Petersen
Dr. Petersen's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (27)
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Peterson and all of the staff are incredibly knowledgeable, professional, compassionate and supportive. I have been very ill for almost twenty years and am on my road to recovery! I have seen dozens of doctors in Utah as well as quite a few in other states and I have never encountered a clinic that provided such a comprehensive approach to health and wellness. I highly recommend Dr. Peterson, especially for those with chronic and complex conditions and when other treatments have failed.
in Cottonwood Heights, UT |
He stated Reverse T3 was a T3 antagonist. Have not been able to find a medical study or information to prove that. Although I may be wrong. Also, he prefers Synthethic T3 over Natural Dessicated Thyroid medication. He says it's the same. But lots of info online says otherwise. Also a bit pricey. Got me in some debt. Overall though, a decent doc. Very good listener.
in Glenrock Wy |
My parents, myself, and my children have been patients of Dr. Peterson for several years. He is an amazing doctor! The amount of time that he spend talking with us about our medical history and ALL of our symptoms was kind of shocking at first. He is incredibly thorough, both in talking to us as patients and in the testing that he does. I have been so impressed with the progress we have made because of his willingness to do testing.
in Orem, UT |
I have been very happy with Dr. Petersen. I have been seeing him for about three years. He spends time with patients and is very knowledgeable, and takes time to explain things. Does not take insurance but it has been worth it, even though I have insurance. He will always suggest natural alternatives to prescription drugs, but lets patients decided. He treats problems, not symptoms. He takes a lot of blood tests, which I like. I had seriously high chronic hypertension for over a decade. It was
in Ogden, Utah |
I am thankful for his knowledge of tick borne diseases.
in New York, NY |
I suffered from undiagnosed, chronic Lyme for a decade, before seeing Dr Petersen. After one visit, he knew I had Lyme, and showed me how all of my other diagnosis' we're related. He conducted very comprehensive blood testing, which confirmed his diagnosis. Now, I finally have hope that I can beat this horrible disease.
in Springville, UT |
Dr. P and his staff are thorough, professional, knowledgeable and compassionate, helpful, and friendly. I finally have answers for why my health has been so poor,for so many years! They gave been a literal Godsend. My severe chronic pain has been cut in half (so far), and I have hope I did not have before. Love them!
in Granbury, TX |
Dr Petersen found out what was wrong with me when no one else could. I went from Doctor to Doctor with few answers. Today I'm more than halfway through my treatment and have had the best guidance on how to tackle this crazy disease. Getting better every day. I know the real deal when I see it. Intelligent, kind, sincere and the best doctor I have seen yet. My blood work showed exactly what he thought I had and my symptoms matched the diagnosis. I'll be ever grateful. He has a true gift.
in Gunnison, UT |
I went to Dr Peterson after several years of battling health problems and fatigue. Dr Peterson diagnosed me (after supporting labs) with Lyme disease, and he really seems to care about his patients getting well, and is very thorough with regards to treating Lyme.
in South Jordan, UT |
After seeing several doctors and leaving frustrated, a friend recommended Dr. Petersen. Dr. Petersen was quickly able to get to the root of my problem through lab testing. He prescribed a much needed medication that made all the difference in the world. He also came up with a treatment plan for another condition I have. It is not an easy fix and has taken time but I am on the road to recovery and feel much better than I have in a few years.
in West Jordan, UT |
The Health center got very greedy, and stopped taking Medicare and charge $250 just to see a nurse.
Have you seen Dr. Andrew D. Petersen, DO?
Are you Dr. Petersen?

Dr. Petersen says...

Andrew Petersen, D.O. is the Chief Physician and founder of Whole Health Medical Group in Utah where he has been practicing integrative medicine since 2012. Prior to WholeHealth, Dr. Petersen served as an emergency room physician at Pampa Regional Medical Center and as a family physician at Collingsworth Family Medicine. Dr. Petersen has extensive experience and specialization treating Lyme patients, hormone patients, and thyroid patients. Dr. Petersen is also a co-Founder and Executive Medical Officer of WholeMedix.

Dr. Petersen earned a B.S. in Microbiology from Brigham Young University and a D.O. from University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth. He is a member of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M) and the International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS). Dr. Petersen has earned over 590 hours of CME credits and continues to receive credits and certifications. He specializes in chronic pain, infectious disease, women's health and autoimmune treatments.

Dr. Petersen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice
  •  Malpractice claims in Utah not available

Dr. Petersen has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

Why It Matters: Dr. Petersen's Board Certifications

Altoona Hosp/Altoona Fam Prac

Completed in 2004

Brigham Young University

Graduated in 1996

Dr. Petersen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Petersen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Functional Medicine
  • Integrative Medicine
  • Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy

• Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
  • Chelation Therapy
  • IV Therapy
  • Thyroid Hormone Balancing

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.