Dr. Andrew Packer, MD

Dr. Andrew Packer, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Andrew Packer, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Farmington, CT. He is 67 years old and has been practicing for 41 years.

399 Farmington Ave Ste 260

Farmington, CT 06032

• Anthem
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • EmblemHealth
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Packer

See how frequently Dr. Packer performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Destruction of Lesion of Retina and Choroid
Diabetic Retinopathy
Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration

Dr. Packer's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Central Serous Chorioretinopathy
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Chorioretinitis
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Retinal Dystrophy
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Retinoschisis

• Eye Surgery
  • Foreign Body Removal from Eye
  • Removal of Intraocular Foreign Body
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Princeton University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1981

• American Academy of Ophthalmology Honor Award and Senior Achievement Award,
  • American Society of Retina Specialists Honor Award and Senior Honor Award,
  • Hartford Magazine Best Doctor, 1998-2010

Dr. Packer has no media or publications listed.

• French
  • Polish

Dr. Packer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Packer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Packer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Packer to family and friends
Dr. Packer's Performance
in Simsbury, CT |
I have been with Dr. Packer for approximately two years when he initially perform my retina detachment surgery. Since he has follow up with me on a regular interval. Dr. Packer is a very knowledgeable surgeon. He is personable and manifest a comfortable environment. I have always felt that I was in good hands. He does have a very good sense of humor. I would recommend Dr. Packer to anyone without any hesitation.
Barkhamsted |
Dr Packer performed a surgical procedure to close a full thickness macular hole.. As a result there has been significant improvement and I consider the operation to have been successful. These comments are being made 8 months post operation.
in East Hartford, CT |
I've been a patient of Dr Packer's since 2008, after receiving emergency retina surgery while on vacation in Tennesse. Dr Packer and his support personnel are always extremely friendly and helpful. Dr Packer has provided great council and has kept both my eyes in tip top shape since my 2008 retina surgery and I trust his care and judgement explicitly.
Glastonbury, CT |
Highly recommended. Professional, courteous, friendly. Prompt diagnosis and treatment of wet macular degeneration saved my eyesight.
in Brooklyn, CT |
A partial loss of vision in my right eye was diagnosed by another ophthalmologist as a migraine. When the vision loss remained I went to Dr. Packer who immediately recognized a retinal tear and detachment. Treatment ordinarily would have been an immediate hospital stay, but my daughter's wedding was two days later. Dr. Packer then opted for gas bubble injection, followed by 24 hours of head positioning and laser. The procedure was a success and I walked my daughter down the aisle on schedule.
in Avon, CT |
I highly recommend Dr. Packer. I required immediate surgery for a detach retina. The Doctor did a great job, super follow up, personable & professional.
CT |
Dr. Andrew Packer is exceptional. His expertise combined with a warm wit and caring demeanor immediately elicits trust and confidence. An attentive listener, he answers questions clearly and thoroughly. While he sees many patients, he's always very calm and focused. His staff is also terrific. After he performed a vitrectomy on a medium-large macular hole, my vision has been restored with no distortion. Amazing! (The week of face-down recovery was tedious, but aided with audio books.)
Berlin, CT 06037 |
Provided excellent care. Performed two very successful surgeries on my eyes. Made me always feel very comfortable.
in Glastonbury, CT |
Dr. Packer is very passionate at what he does. He explains everything so you can understand and feel comfortable about all procedures and treatments after. Office visits are convenient and all the staff are friendly and knowledgeable. I am never nervous about my appointments.
old lyme, ct |
Top rate. Miraculous recovery.
in Windsor, CT |
I would highly recommend Dr. Packer. My husband had surgery yesterday and Dr. Packer was wonderful. He is an extremely caring doctor and we both felt very fortunate to have him doing the surgery.
in East Hartford, Ct |
I was referred to Dr. Packer by my regular eye doctor. My normal visit indicated that I had two tares in my retina. This meant that I would need emergency surgery before my retina could come detached. Dr. Packer and his staff reassured me that I was in good hands. They walked me thru the procedure and put me at ease. Because it was an emergency surgery scheduled for the next morning I had to have a pre-op physical, they even helped me find a place to get that done on short notice.
in Simsbury, CT |
Quite a remarkable and skilled doctor. I particularly appreciated how he connects with his patients to thoroughly explain the issue and approach to care along with putting me at ease right away. I was anxious about the surgery and outcome and he made me feel comfortable. If felt I received the best care with my questions answered and timely appointments. I would highly recommend Dr Packer to anyone with a retina issue.
in Unionville ct |
I came to Dr Packer with a macular hole in my eye. He did surgery an my vision is better than it was before. I highly recommend him .
in Enfield, CT |
Extraordinary Result. Flawless execution. Turned a very dangerous circumstance into the best result possible. 100% recovery. He is highly skilled , has an exceptional technique and provides thoughtful care.
in Avon, CT |
Dr. Packer is willing to discuss your condition rationally and clearly, answering all questions completely. Also, I appreciate his dry sense of humor.
in Marlborough |
Thanks to Doctor Packer and his outstanding team I was able to fully recover from a detached retina incident in my left eye and he caught issues with my right eye before they got to that level. Totally professional from the doctors office to the operating room.
in Southington |
I was recently diagnosed with a macular hole in my right eye, and refereed to Dr. Packer, who took the time to explain what it was and what he would need to do to repair it. He and his staff were caring and knowledgeable. The surgery was a success and except for having to keep my face down 24/7 for a full week, it was uneventful. Dr. Packer has an amazing gift and is also a wonderful person. He is very concerned, caring, and reassuring. He has great bedside manner. He is the best!
Windsor |
He is very specific in his eye examinations. His practiced move very quickly to resolve a detached retina.
in Avon, CT |
Dr. Packer is a very experienced and caring physician. He spends time each appointment to answer any and all questions you have and explain your diagnosis and treatment in detail. In addition, his scribe Sarah is a wonderful caring person. Ask for her.
in Somers, CT |
Had loss of vision in one quadrant of my eye. Went to my PCP who detected nothing, but sent me to an optometrist who confirmed my loss of vision but detected nothing. Was referred to an ophthalmologist who put me through a variety of tests but also detected nothing. Referred me to Dr. Packer, who saw me the next day and immediately detected a partial retinal detachment and treated me with a laser in the office. The next day he performed a successful 2 1/2 hour surgery at Hartford Hospital.
in Glastonbury, CT |
Dr. Packer has treated me for 2 detached retinas (one in each eye). The first time I had no idea what was happening, or how serious it was. Dr. Packer and his staff (especially Eric) were professional, supportive, caring, and, most importantly, successful in saving my sight and repairing my retina. Thank you, once again.
in Essex, CT |
Thorough, great patient relationship, conservative, extremely skillful ( saved an eye that was almost gone).
in Middletown, Connecticut |
I am extremely grateful for his professional knowledge and expertise. I had just about given up on my left eye, but his treatments have saved my eyesight. A tip of the hat and a heartfelt thank you. Doug Middletown, Ct.
in East Berlin, CT |
I was referred to Dr. Packer after a diagnosis of a macular hole. By the time I saw him, I had significant loss of vision in my left eye so much so that I could not see the large E on the eye chart. With great competence, Dr. Packer performed the necessary, very delicate surgery that saved my vision. I have great confidence in his skills as a physician and in him as a person.
in Tolland, CT |
In 2005, I was diagnosed with a macular hole in my right eye. When I met Dr. Packer, he took the time to explain what was wrong and what he would do to repair the macular hole. All the while keeping me comfortable as he reassured me that I would not loose my eyesight. My surgery was a success. Dr. Packer is the Best. He is very concerned, caring, and reassuring. He has great bedside manner. His staff is also very nice,caring, and concerned. Thank you dr.Packer for saving my eyesight.
Have you seen Dr. Andrew Packer, MD?
Are you Dr. Packer?