Dr. Andrew Nelson, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

Dr. Andrew Nelson, MD
Dr. Andrew Nelson, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Waterbury, CT. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Nelson is affiliated with Saint Mary's Hospital and Waterbury Hospital.

Dr. Nelson's Experience

See how Dr. Nelson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Nelson

Dr. Nelson accepts 35 insurance carriers

Dr. Nelson is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Nelson has admitting privileges.

Dr. Nelson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nelson to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Nelson's Performance
in Thomaston, CT |
Very nice Dr. I've had several surgeries done by Dr. Nelson, Explains everything wonderfully. Your questions are answered before you can even ask them.
in Oakville, CT |
Excellant Dr ,very caring and explains everthing very well .5 star dr and office staff
in Oakville, CT |
Dr. Nelson was professional, friendly, and extremely efficient and informative. He took the time to explain the details concerning my Carpal Tunnel, and the different options for treatment available to me. He took care of my problem in a timely manner, and I am pleased with the result of my recent surgery. The Surgery Center was excellent!
Waterbury, CT |
I had what seemed like a minor finger injury to my right index finger. After 2 MD visits & 2 the 2 ER visits it was a nightmare. Then I saw Dr Nelson everything changed he listened, reviewed the previous tests, investigated the problem and took charge to fix my finger. I was impressed by his professional but warm interest in me as a patient and person. He cared. He called to check on me at home that nite and also encouraged me to call if the finger worsened or had questions. Dr N cares.
in Hartford, CT |
I could not ask for a better doctor to of handle the care I needed before and after surgery! Thank you so much Doctor Nelson for making a stressful situation feel easy!
in Wolcott, CT |
I am being seen and treated by Dr. Andrew Nelson for a work related injury. I will start by saying his office staff and medical staff are AWESOME from hello. Dr. Nelson has made me feel as if I was his only patient. Dr. Nelson is precise with his care and will never do anything that is unnecessary. I am now having surgery after 4 mths and he has made it an easy process. Dr. Nelson actually took time out of his busy schedule to assist me in getting this approved by calling the Workers Comp. Thank
in Wolcott, ct |
Dr. Nelson is not only an incredible surgeon but has a wonderful bedside manner which is difficult to find in a specialist. He thoroughly explains everything in language you can understand. He truly cares for his patients. I have had two different wrist surgeries due to injuries and have a very complicated medical history. My surgeries went completely smoothly both times and I have full use of my wrist. Dr. Nelson you are the best.
New Fairfield, CT |
I couldn't be any happier with my surgery I should have done it years ago
in Cheshire Ct |
Dr Nelson is the BEST, in my opinion. Takes the time with me that I need. He makes sure that I understand exactly what he is telling me. He is willing to use whatever terms he needs to, to be sure I understand. And then gives my wife the same time and consideration. He makes sure we both fully understand. Now his staff. Kim,Mimi,Sasha,Christina and Sharyn PT have all been nothing but helpful,kind,caring very professional. Have nothing negative to say about this whole experience.
in Waterbury, CT |
Dr. Nelson performed carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists with fantastic outcome. His approach for my condition was forthright; explaining all my options from steroid injections to surgery. If an option was not his recommended treatment, he allowed me to choose the treatment as an informed patient.
Have you seen Dr. Andrew Nelson, MD?
Are you Dr. Nelson?

Compare Dr. Nelson

Dr. Nelson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  •  Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Nelson has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

Why It Matters: Dr. Nelson's Board Certifications

• Hand Surgery

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Gout
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Graduated in 1984

• Other Education
    United States Naval Hospital

Completed in 1997

Dr. Nelson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nelson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery