Dr. Andrew Moulton, MD

Dr. Andrew Moulton, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 53

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Andrew Moulton, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Clearwater, FL. Dr. Moulton has extensive experience in Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures. He is affiliated with Sarasota Memorial Hospital, winner of the Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award. He is also affiliated with HCA Florida St. Petersburg Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Office Hours

All Spine Care

All Spine Care2730 N McMullen Booth Rd Ste 202 Clearwater, FL 33761
    • Sat: closed

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Moulton is affiliated with HCA Florida St. Petersburg Hospital Saint Petersburg, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Moulton's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Moulton

4.3

Dr. Moulton

Unlike most doctors who are on the "15 minute plan", Dr. Moulton first studied my case history and MRI's then took his time to LISTEN intently to my issues and never made me feel that he was preoccupied or rushed in any way. Because my surgery was quite complex and my husband and I would think of more and more questions after each visit, it took multiple return visits for him to either reiterate what he'd already explained or to answer more questions. His patience is incredible! Dr. M has studied extensively with the best of the best orthopedic surgeons specializing in complex spine surgeries throughout the USA and Europe. To know he used his training and experience on my quite complex case performing a most successful surgery makes me appreciate him even more! We live in Bradenton, a 1:10 hour drive to Clearwater. Dr. M is worth the time and effort. When talking about the remainder of my life having quality and the ability to do things I want to do is a small price to pay.
Patty R – Sep 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Moulton, MD?
I love him! He saved my life! I am now able to wake up and rise and walk sans the excruciating pain that has plagued my life for the past 20 years; disability all around! Thanks to my surgery L4, L5, S1, Arthroplasty?? Whatever he did is Fabulous. I expect to be able to do things I was unable to do because it hasn’t been 3 months yet since my surgery and am already feeling SO much better it’s incredible. THANK YOU DR. MOULTON!
Beverly – Aug 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Moulton, MD?
Dr Andrew Moulton performed a 3 level cervical fusion and a few years later performed a 3 level Lumbar fusion. Both with great success. I feel so blessed to have had this surgeon follow me and completely take care of my problems helping me to regain my life. He listens to my fears and concerns first then approaches the situation to resolve it with me as a patient.
Faye Davis – Jun 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Moulton, MD?
Was impressed and pleased with the entire staff, they put me at ease from the beginning. After speaking with Dr. Moulton I was confident that I was making the right decision to have surgery and confident in my doctor.
Clay Talbot – Jun 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Moulton, MD?
I have been under his care since December 2020. Since then he performed an extensive spinal fusion. From the onset, he made me feel comfortable and kept me well informed. His skill and attentiveness are exemplary. His office staff is the best as well!
May 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Moulton, MD?
I would definitely recommend Dr. Moulton. I am moving so Much better! The Pain has subsided!
John Carpenter – May 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Moulton, MD?
“NO WAY.. NOT recommended to ANY that Value their life!!!”
EX-patient – Apr 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Moulton, MD?
Dr moulton’s practice demonstrates an old fashioned attitude for taking care of the patient. In addition to being a great surgeon, his office exhibits caring and seeing each patient as an important individual not a number in an assembly line.
Jan 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Moulton, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Moulton. He and his staff (Raquel and Felipe in particular) are terrific. He performed my ALIF (fusion, entering from the abdomen) at L5 in September 2019, and the entire process of evaluation, surgery and recovery went smoothly and well. Just had my 1-year post-op exam, and was happy to hear from Dr. Moulton that things healed well and stayed in place perfectly. I'm eternally grateful for Dr. Moulton's skill, care, and attention.
Julie Rochman – Oct 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Moulton, MD?
Dr. Moulton is not only an excellent spinal surgeon, he is a very caring doctor. He has performed 3 surgeries on me as a result of an auto accident. When he moved into his new office, I moved with him. I wouldn’t want to be in the care of any other spine surgeon.
Donna K – Oct 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Moulton, MD?
I had spinal fusion surgery for scoliosis with Dr.Moulton in 2009 in New York. I was 19 years old at the time of surgery and visited at least 10 other surgeons before I found Dr. Moulton. After my initial visit I knew that Dr. Moulton was the surgeon that I felt most comfortable allowing to performing my extensive surgery. It has been over 10 years since my surgery and 2 pregnancies/child births and teaching and fighting competitively in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (which I never thought I would be able to do) my back is still completely pain free and that is all thanks to the work of Dr. Moulton.
Kathleen M. – Jul 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Moulton, MD?
Dr Moulton gets 5 stars because 10 are not available He likes what he does and does it well Took an emotional patient on a Friday during Covid 19 and performed emergency spine surgery on Saturday morning Dr Moulton is caring and empathetic A no one was allowed in the hospital Dr Moulton had someone in contact with us before during and after surgery During recovery and for the rest of the hospital stay Dr Moulton personally contacted us daily Dr Moulton is awesome and three weeks later pain free with a straight spine
John Pineiro – Jun 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Moulton, MD?
I was unable to use my left foot and after an MRI, it was clear that the issue was coming from my lower back. Dr Moulton performed a successful surgery to alleviate the compression on my nerves. Unbelievably, I never once had any pain from where the surgery took place and that was 8 months ago. High marks to Dr Moulton!
Lisa – May 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Moulton, MD?
Excellent: he listened to my issues and my desired approach to fix these issues -- not just perform maintenance treatments. His approach was to verify the root cause, then he worked with me to recommend and perform the most effective and comprehensive treatment to correct the issues.
deNise Lesh – Feb 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Moulton, MD?
I had a through, visit (considering all I need!) The staff were proficient and kind. Dr. Moulton was friendly, sensitive to my feelings and highly professional! He answered all my questions plus more. To me, he is the best one I have found to operate on me for Scoliosis which has worsen and I am in bad shape! I have been suffering with horrible pain and am only worsening! I consider myself well educated and been in medicine for many years. My Grandfather taught medical school at Northwestern in Chicago. I have researched throughly my disease process and doctors whom perform the surgery I need! I strongly believe Dr. Andrew Moulton will do a great job with my needed surgery and that my quality of life will be back which hasn’t for many years!!! (Been years in pain and suffering). This doctor is compassionate, caring, educated and highly talented. I believe my surgery will be successful, and I trust in him! He spent a lot of time during my visit and I didn’t feel rushed at all!
Deborah – Oct 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Moulton, MD?
I was very pleased with the results of the surgery, had immediate relief from pain. Dr. Moulton is very personable and we had complete confidence in him. Only complaint is the office did not reply to phone messages in a timely manner.
Jul 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Moulton, MD?
My first visit with Dr. Moulton and will be my last! Spent no more than 5 minutes with me and said “ seems like you’re healing so I would just recommend PT if you’re still in pain.” I had just been diagnosed with Sacroilitis at an Urgent care clinic and awful pain! That Dr did more for me than a “ Specialist “!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
DD in Trinity , FL – Jan 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Moulton, MD?
Last month Dr Moulton performed my surgery. I have to say ,if anyone is thinking of doing back surgery that Dr Andrew has to be your best bet. The first 3 days was difficult but am healing nicely .I am back to driving and doing much better than expected after 4 weeks.With his care i will be back to light duty at work after 6 weeks, and don't forget i have 6 screws in my back. So for anyone who has to go through that choose the best surgeon who will give the the best chance .
Francisca in Tampa, FL – Jul 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Moulton, MD?
Dr Moulton repaired a broken vertebrae in my back. I found him always professional but also very concerned for my health. I would not hesitate to go back to him if I had a problem. I would not hesitate to recommend my family or friends if they needed to see an orthopedic doctor. I moved here from Chicago and have found the quality of doctors in Southwest Florida to be very poor with the exception of Dr. Moulton. He is an outstanding physician!
Jennifer Florendo in Punta Gorda, FL – Jun 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Moulton, MD?
BEWARE!!! Two surgeries and two failures causing severe medical issues. Having 3rd surgery to correct his mess with another doctor at another hospital
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Sarasota – Apr 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Moulton, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Moulton?

1 malpractice claim Found
  • Settlement (3/1/2019)View details

Frequently Treated by Dr. Moulton

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Moulton treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Moulton treats other conditions, please contact the office at (727) 474-7411.

Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures

Spine specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the bones of the spine, including degenerative spine disease, herniated discs, stenosis, and fractured vertebrae, with treatments including medication, physical therapy, and surgery.Compare with other Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures specialists.

Dr. Moulton is experienced in the area of Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 57 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Dr. Moulton
Similar Providers
Low Back Pain
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Spine Fractures, Traumatic

• Avascular Necrosis
  • Brachial Plexus Palsy
  • Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Interlaminar Spacer
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Juvenile Chronic Arthritis
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminoforaminotomy
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Musculoskeletal Function Test
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Unicompartmental Hip Surgery
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Moulton accepts

Dr. Moulton accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Medicare
Sunshine Health
Tricare
Washington State Department of Labor & Industries

At Joseph Spine, we know that each patient's circumstance is unique and it is important to evaluate each individual with that in mind. Personalized attention,...Read more

Dr. Andrew W. Moulton received a Bachelor’s of Science Degree from the University of California at Los Angeles with honors, majoring in neurophysiology...Read more

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

New York University Hospital for Joint Disease | North American Spine Society Travelling Fellowship
State University Of New York Health Science Center