Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD

Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Renton, WA. He is 37 years old and has been practicing for 10 years. Read his story

4011 Talbot Rd S Ste 300

• First Choice Health
  • Group Health Cooperative
  • LifeWise

Learn about Dr. Merritt

See how frequently Dr. Merritt performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Joint Pain
Osteoarthritis of Hip
Osteoarthritis

Dr. Merritt's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Merritt's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Merritt "Dr. Merritt is dedicated to getting injured athletes and physically active patients back to the activities they love. His practice is focused on sports medicine and arthroscopic treatment of the knee, hip, and shoulder. He has specialized training in ligament, cartilage, and tendon injuries of the shoulder and knee and has published many papers and book chapters on these topics. He also performs general orthopaedic procedures including arm, ankle, and leg fractures, as well as, joint replacement of the knee, shoulder, and hip. After completing his undergraduate degree in Biomedical Engineering, Dr. Merritt attended medical school at the University of Southern California. He continued his training with residency in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Washington. He then completed advanced training in sports medicine and shoulder surgery at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York. During this time, Dr. Merritt served as an assistant NFL team physician for the New York Giants football team. He now brings that advanced training back to his patients and uses the same surgical techniques and individualized care that gets professional athletes back in the game. Dr. Merritt spends most of his free time outdoors and enjoys traveling. He has provided medical services to natives and fellow travelers in Peru and Nepal, having trekked twice to Mt. Everest base camp. He and his wife reside in the Seattle area. Dr. Merritt is honored to be involved in your care and will work with you toward regaining your active lifestyle. "

• Sports Medicine

Dr. Merritt does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Ataxia
  • Broken Arm
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• California Polytechnic State University In San Luis Obispo
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2003
  • University Of Southern California / Keck School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2007
  • University Of Washington
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2008
  • University Of Washington
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Merritt has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Merritt has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Merritt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Merritt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Merritt's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Merritt to family and friends
Dr. Merritt's Performance
shelton, wa |
I had bone on bone between my patella and thigh bone on both knees. I am so glad Dr Merritt did both surgeries, I had them done 6 weeks apart. I am so happy with the job that Dr Merritt did! He explained, in detail, everything that would be done, listened to my concerns and made the process very easy. I was very impressed with the outpatient surgery center that allowed me to be taken home the same day as surgery. My recovery time was very rapid. I highly recommend both Dr Merritt!
in auburn, wa |
One month three days and I am doing it all: stairs, yard, sports car, and gym. I could not be happier. I am 72 years old and should not have waited.
John, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy that you are doing well and that you had a great experience with Dr. Merritt at Proliance Orthopedic Associates.
in Kent, WA |
I'm very pleased with the results of the work Dr. Merritt did with my fractured fibula. He has a good manner, listened attentively to my concerns and questions and answered them by providing the knowledge I was looking for. I was impressed when he personally returned a call. The staff is great and genuinely seem to enjoy being there. Only complaint -when I called for the initial appointment and told them I had a broken leg they wanted to schedule me for 8 days later. Had to push for one sooner.
in Kent, WA |
Dr. Merritt is patient, kind, a good listener and a good communicator. He takes time to explain everything. He does not rush through appointments. He does not push for surgery and explains the options. My knee surgery recovery was a slow go, but I now am happy I had the procedure done. I highly recommend him to anyone contemplating total knee replacement surgery.
Seattle, WA |
Dr. Merritt is excellent! Compassionate, friendly, trustworthy! He is a very skilled surgeon and has a personality that' puts patients at ease. I would recommend anyone to come see him!
Seattle, WA |
Dr. Merritt completed my knee surgery last week and accomplished the impossible. My very crooked knee is straight! He is highly skilled and also shows compassion and totally cares about getting it right.
in Kent, WA |
I was looking for a surgeon to do my patellofemoral arthroplasty-a less common partial knee replacement. I spent a few months and saw 3 different surgeons before choosing Dr. Merritt. I am 100% certain I made the right choice. He is both skilled and compassionate. I'm now 6 months out and incredibly pleased with my results. He explained everything and I worked hard at my rehab. The end result is I had been in pain for 25 years and now it's gone. I can exercise, hike & bike & I'm thrilled.
in Auburn, WA |
Dr. Merritt did my knee surgery for me (torn meniscus) the surgery itself was quick and painless and I was walking on my own same day, I went back to work only 4 days later.
in Renton, WA |
Dr. Merritt was on call the night our 8 year old daughter broke her tibia quite badly. He was a calm, reassuring voice on a tough night. He and the team at Valley set her leg wonderfully on the first night, and set it expertly with a full leg cast when her swelling went down a few days later. Throughout the 12 week recovery the team at Proliance was professional, kind and engaging with my daughter. Patient with our questions and super nice. Thank you!
in Seattle, WA |
Dr. Andrew L. Merritt, did surgery on my husband Ron's leg. Dr. Merritt's is amazing. He is very Professional and polite. He operated on my husband Ron leg it was broke badly. My husband could not stop saying what a nice professional doctor he was. We Thank God for Dr. Merritt, he is a great doctor who takes prides in his work. Thanks again Ron and Regena
in Renton, WA |
I fell from a ladder and went to Valley Medical Emergency room. Where I learned that I had a complete break of the humerus bone. Fortunately for me, Dr Andrew Merritt was assigned to my case! He did an amazing job of putting me back together! I love sports and wanted to get back into my life as it was. He enabled me to achieve that goal. He is very personable, and answered all of my questions. The skill of his surgery was awesome! I would highly recommend him to all of the people I know!
in Maple Valley, WA |
Total hip replacement, anterior approach, March 2016. Outstanding quality care from a physician who listened to questions/concerns, explained things in a way that was easily understood, ensured that I was prepared as a patient for a positive outcome from pre-op to post-op. I would choose Dr Merritt again - it was a great experience!
in Renton, WA |
My father asked me to say that Dr. Merritt was very friendly, helpful, and interested in his care. He made the whole experience---from the surgery for his broken hip through the recovery, a pleasant experience.
Have you seen Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?

Visit Dr. Merritt