Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD

Dr. Merritt
Telehealth services available

Proliance Orthopedic Associates Renton WA

4011 Talbot Rd S Ste 300 Renton, WA 98055

Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Renton, WA. Dr. Merritt has more experience with Hip/Pelvic Bones than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with Valley Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Merritt to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Merritt with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Highline Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Highline Medical Center today at (206) 400-0038.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Highline Medical Center.

Dr. Merritt's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Merritt

Dr. Merritt?
I had a total knee replacement last year. Dr Merritt was the absolute best. His Team is also great and very professional. I am no longer in pain
Tracy – Jun 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
At age 61, I experienced increasing pain in my right knee caused by arthritis on the inside of my knee. X-rays indicated bone on bone contact. Dr. Andrew Merritt recommended a partial knee replacement on the inside of my right knee. He advised that a total knee replacement was not needed because the center and other side of my knee were in good condition. A partial knee replacement can be performed as an outpatient surgery and the recovery time is much less. On May 10, 2019, Dr. Merritt performed outpatient partial knee replacement surgery on my right knee. At two and half months I went salsa dancing and hiking on camping trips. At one year I go for long walks twice a day every day with no pain. The parts of my right knee that were not experiencing arthritis and were not touched because the surgery was only a partial knee replacement, continue to be healthy and have not progressed toward any arthritis condition. I am grateful for Dr. Merritt’s skills.
Dave McCleary – May 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
He was the best. Had knee bone on bone on the left of my right side. He got me right in surgery within a short time. I Walked out of the hospital same day as surgery no pain in the knee. When on with my life and no one could tell I had surgery.
Mike – Mar 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
Two years ago I had a full ACL and meniscus tears in my left knee. As an avid skier and mountain biker I was not going to mess around with just any knee surgeon. My Dr. highly recommend that I go see Dr. Andrew Merritt. Dr. Merritt found that not only I would need ACL reconstruction but also cartilage restoration on my femur. He chose to do a newer procedure on my ACL that would involve using tissue from my quad instead of the traditional hamstring. Also he would use an osteochondral allograft for my femur and clean up my meniscus. As a result of these procedures I have full usage of my knee again. I am back to skiing and mountain biking at the highest levels again. My knee is more solid than I ever thought it would be. Finally, I would like to say that Dr. Merritt not only performed the surgery but he gave my very good advice on before surgery prep and post recovery. Dr. Merritt knows what he is doing and gives the very best of his alive and skill toward his practice.
Eric Faull – Feb 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
Dr. Merritt is an outstanding physician with an incredible support team, all of whom show considerable care and compassion for their patients. And, they are conservative, trying alternative remedies, such as cortisone shots and physical therapy, prior to proceeding with surgery. Every day I am grateful for my new knees, (the right one was replaced three months after the left one), which bring me much greater mobility and much less pain. Thank you Dr. Merritt!
Jan 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
Dr. Andrew Merritt is the best! He provided wonderful care and support when I experienced a fall and dislocated my right shoulder. With his expertise and care before and after surgery, I received full use of my shoulder.
S. Dumlao – Jan 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
I went to see Dr. Merritt in July 2018, my knee pain had gotten so bad that I could hardly walk. After tests were taken Dr. Merritt suggested a partial knee replacement as opposed to a full knee replacement. I had it done in October 2018 and was back to work in two weeks. What a great decision to do a partial, it was outpatient and I was home by noon, granted it was still pain full and intense physical therapy but not anywhere close to what a full knee replacement would have been. I would highly recommend Dr. Merritt as he is one of the few that will do a partial if it's appropriate. Very professional staff and I was kept well informed throughout the process. I can now golf again!
Kenneth VanDenBergh – Dec 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
Dr. Merritt and his entire team was absolutely amazing in the care and treatment of my mother for hip replacement. I could not have asked for better more attentive physicians. She is now up and moving wonderfully after being grossly debilitated for almost 2 years.
Nov 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
Dr. Merritt did a wonderful job repairing my 15 year old son's torn ACL and Meniscus from a football injury. Dr. Merritt supports athletes to return to play with talking with my son's physical therapist consistently on his progress and hard work. Dr. Merritt returns athlete's to play when their injury has met a very high score on PT test to give my son confidence in his knee while returning back to play football and rugby. Dr. Merritt answered all of our questions, gained trust and respect from my son/parents and I would highly recommend him as your surgeon.
JerriLee Douglass – Aug 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
I moved from out of state and was nervous about finding new doctors. I was very pleased with my experience at Dr. Merritt’s office - convenient, easy parking. The front desk personnel, x-ray tech and Dr. Merritt’s nurse, all were courteous and professional. Very happy with the care I received from Dr. Merritt. He took time and explained the problem with my knee. All-in-all, was a very good experience. Would highly recommend him to any one.
Aug 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
I had partial knee replacement on May 24 of 2019. It was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. I was in so much pain that I’d gotten used to living with every day. Chronic pain is so hard to live with, but when the pain got so bad that it felt like I was being stabbed in the knee, I went in to Dr Merritt for my options. He said that the partially replaced would be perfect for me & had been developed for people just like me that couldn’t wait. Since I’m just about to turn 50, I am considered too young for a full knee replacement. I’m a very active person that loves outdoor activities as well as have a very physical job. The turnaround time for the partial knee replacement has been super quick. I am back at work full-time after only six weeks. Able to walk 4 1/2 miles in a single walk and pushing for more every day. As well as being able to have full range of motion & function back in my knee. I am so thankful to able to re-capture my quality of life. So Total success
Kimberley Emig – Jul 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
I had a left hip replacement with Dr. Merritt on 1/2/19 as the x-ray showed severe damage. Dr. Merritt worked me into his very busy schedule and the surgery was very successful. I am enjoying complete mobility. Sometime in the near future, I may have to have my other hip replaced and I will not hesitate to schedule with Dr. Merritt.
Apr 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
I can't say enough about Dr. Merritt and his staff! I had a right hip replacement in mid-January and feel like a new person!! I'm up walking around with NO pain, and doing things that I haven't been able to do in four years! Dr. Merritt came highly recommended to me. I understand why, he and his staff are top notch! I am joining the many others that say hands-down, "He's one of the best in his industry!"
Vivienne Kamphaus in Auburn, WA – Mar 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Merritt. I have known Dr. Merritt for two years now, he just finished up my second knee replacement. In one word my experiences working with him have been awesome. When I met Dr. Merritt the first time he made me feel comfortable, made sure he answered all my questions, provided options and opinions for me, and from that day and on I am glad I chose him for my surgery, he is thorough and has always been there through out the process. Could not be happier!
Jerry Martello in Auburn, WA – Dec 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
Dr Merritt performed a total right knee replacement on me approximately 2 months ago. The procedure was perfect with exacting alignment. Recovery has been relatively painless. He has been very thorough and straight forward with any questions I had. I highly recommend Dr Merritt for knee orthopedic issues.
RENTON, – Nov 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
I had a very good experience thru my whole procedure having knee replacement surgery. I came out of it all with very little pain and hardly any problems. I was back up and walking the same day and improved very rapidly every day with exercises and physical therapy. I am surprised that I waited as long as I did before having replacement surgery. It was the best thing I ever did to get myself out of pain and to get to be able to walk much better than I have for years.
Keven Goetz in Des Moines, WA – Oct 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
Just had final check after a partial knee replacement. This procedure was very specific to my problem. It was completed in a couple of hours and I was home shortly after. Dr. Merritt and his surgical and post surgical care teams are first rate. Instructions to my physical therapist helped tailor my recovery to my exact needs. Would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Merritt to anyone for this surgery.
Barbara Purcell in Mercer Island – Aug 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
I had an excellent process and recovery for hip replacement. Dr. did an anterior approach, which is still fairly new. My other hip was done 8 years earlier with a lateral approach. The entire process of surgery and recovery went so fast with the anterior approach. In seven days I was pain free and walking well. He adjusted my leg length to match the other side which had been longer and made me walk with a lurching gait. I am so pleased and would recommend Dr. Merritt to everyone.
Auburn Waxhington – Apr 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
I had bone on bone between my patella and thigh bone on both knees. I am so glad Dr Merritt did both surgeries, I had them done 6 weeks apart. I am so happy with the job that Dr Merritt did! He explained, in detail, everything that would be done, listened to my concerns and made the process very easy. I was very impressed with the outpatient surgery center that allowed me to be taken home the same day as surgery. My recovery time was very rapid. I highly recommend both Dr Merritt!
shelton, wa – Sep 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
One month three days and I am doing it all: stairs, yard, sports car, and gym. I could not be happier. I am 72 years old and should not have waited.
John Barna in auburn, wa – Sep 06, 2017
John, Thank you for taking the time to write a...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Merritt?

Dr. Merritt is dedicated to getting injured athletes and physically active patients back to the activities they love. His practice is focused on sports medicine and arthroscopic treatment of the knee, hip, and shoulder.  He has specialized train...Read more

• Sports Medicine

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Merritt communicate via email?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Merritt offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Merritt offer an online patient portal?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Merritt have free onsite parking?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Merritt offer weekend visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Merritt offer evening visits?

Please call the office to learn more. (425) 656-5060