Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 39

Dr. Merritt

Proliance Orthopedic Associates Renton WA

4011 Talbot Rd S Ste 300 Renton, WA 98055

Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Renton, WA and has been practicing for 7 years. He graduated from University of Southern California / Keck School of Medicine in 2007 and specializes in orthopedic surgery and sports medicine.

Dr. Merritt accepts

Dr. Merritt accepts the following insurance:

AARP
Advantage
Aetna Aexcel
Ambetter
Asuris Northwest Health
First Choice Health
Group Health Cooperative (GHC)
Options Select
Premera Blue Cross
Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield
Tricare
Washington State Department of Labor & Industries

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check Dr. Merritt's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Merritt's Top Procedures and Conditions

Osteoarthritis

Dr. Merritt treats Osteoarthritis more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Merritt treats this condition more than 96% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Osteoarthritis of Ankle

• Bone Cancer
  • Brachial Plexus Palsy
  • Broken Arm
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Tibia or Fibula
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot and Ankle Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Tibia or Fibula Stress Fracture
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Dr. Merritt is dedicated to getting injured athletes and physically active patients back to the activities they love. His practice is focused on sports medicine and arthroscopic treatment of the knee, hip, and shoulder. He has specialized training i...

• Sports Medicine

Dr. Merritt?
Dr. Merritt's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD
RecentMost Helpful
I had partial knee replacement on May 24 of 2019. It was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. I was in so much pain that I’d gotten used to living with every day. Chronic pain is so hard to live with, but when the pain got so bad that it felt like I was being stabbed in the knee, I went in to Dr Merritt for my options. He said that the partially replaced would be perfect for me & had been developed for people just like me that couldn’t wait. Since I’m just about to turn 50, I am considered too young for a full knee replacement. I’m a very active person that loves outdoor activities as well as have a very physical job. The turnaround time for the partial knee replacement has been super quick. I am back at work full-time after only six weeks. Able to walk 4 1/2 miles in a single walk and pushing for more every day. As well as being able to have full range of motion & function back in my knee. I am so thankful to able to re-capture my quality of life. So Total success
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
I had a left hip replacement with Dr. Merritt on 1/2/19 as the x-ray showed severe damage. Dr. Merritt worked me into his very busy schedule and the surgery was very successful. I am enjoying complete mobility. Sometime in the near future, I may have to have my other hip replaced and I will not hesitate to schedule with Dr. Merritt.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
I can't say enough about Dr. Merritt and his staff! I had a right hip replacement in mid-January and feel like a new person!! I'm up walking around with NO pain, and doing things that I haven't been able to do in four years! Dr. Merritt came highly recommended to me. I understand why, he and his staff are top notch! I am joining the many others that say hands-down, "He's one of the best in his industry!"
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Merritt. I have known Dr. Merritt for two years now, he just finished up my second knee replacement. In one word my experiences working with him have been awesome. When I met Dr. Merritt the first time he made me feel comfortable, made sure he answered all my questions, provided options and opinions for me, and from that day and on I am glad I chose him for my surgery, he is thorough and has always been there through out the process. Could not be happier!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
Dr Merritt performed a total right knee replacement on me approximately 2 months ago. The procedure was perfect with exacting alignment. Recovery has been relatively painless. He has been very thorough and straight forward with any questions I had. I highly recommend Dr Merritt for knee orthopedic issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
I had a very good experience thru my whole procedure having knee replacement surgery. I came out of it all with very little pain and hardly any problems. I was back up and walking the same day and improved very rapidly every day with exercises and physical therapy. I am surprised that I waited as long as I did before having replacement surgery. It was the best thing I ever did to get myself out of pain and to get to be able to walk much better than I have for years.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
Just had final check after a partial knee replacement. This procedure was very specific to my problem. It was completed in a couple of hours and I was home shortly after. Dr. Merritt and his surgical and post surgical care teams are first rate. Instructions to my physical therapist helped tailor my recovery to my exact needs. Would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Merritt to anyone for this surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
I had an excellent process and recovery for hip replacement. Dr. did an anterior approach, which is still fairly new. My other hip was done 8 years earlier with a lateral approach. The entire process of surgery and recovery went so fast with the anterior approach. In seven days I was pain free and walking well. He adjusted my leg length to match the other side which had been longer and made me walk with a lurching gait. I am so pleased and would recommend Dr. Merritt to everyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
I had bone on bone between my patella and thigh bone on both knees. I am so glad Dr Merritt did both surgeries, I had them done 6 weeks apart. I am so happy with the job that Dr Merritt did! He explained, in detail, everything that would be done, listened to my concerns and made the process very easy. I was very impressed with the outpatient surgery center that allowed me to be taken home the same day as surgery. My recovery time was very rapid. I highly recommend both Dr Merritt!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
One month three days and I am doing it all: stairs, yard, sports car, and gym. I could not be happier. I am 72 years old and should not have waited.
John, Thank you for taking the time to write a...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
I'm very pleased with the results of the work Dr. Merritt did with my fractured fibula. He has a good manner, listened attentively to my concerns and questions and answered them by providing the knowledge I was looking for. I was impressed when he personally returned a call. The staff is great and genuinely seem to enjoy being there. Only complaint -when I called for the initial appointment and told them I had a broken leg they wanted to schedule me for 8 days later. Had to push for one sooner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
Dr. Merritt is patient, kind, a good listener and a good communicator. He takes time to explain everything. He does not rush through appointments. He does not push for surgery and explains the options. My knee surgery recovery was a slow go, but I now am happy I had the procedure done. I highly recommend him to anyone contemplating total knee replacement surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
Dr. Merritt is excellent! Compassionate, friendly, trustworthy! He is a very skilled surgeon and has a personality that' puts patients at ease. I would recommend anyone to come see him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
Dr. Merritt completed my knee surgery last week and accomplished the impossible. My very crooked knee is straight! He is highly skilled and also shows compassion and totally cares about getting it right.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
I was looking for a surgeon to do my patellofemoral arthroplasty-a less common partial knee replacement. I spent a few months and saw 3 different surgeons before choosing Dr. Merritt. I am 100% certain I made the right choice. He is both skilled and compassionate. I'm now 6 months out and incredibly pleased with my results. He explained everything and I worked hard at my rehab. The end result is I had been in pain for 25 years and now it's gone. I can exercise, hike & bike & I'm thrilled.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
Dr. Merritt did my knee surgery for me (torn meniscus) the surgery itself was quick and painless and I was walking on my own same day, I went back to work only 4 days later.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
Dr. Merritt was on call the night our 8 year old daughter broke her tibia quite badly. He was a calm, reassuring voice on a tough night. He and the team at Valley set her leg wonderfully on the first night, and set it expertly with a full leg cast when her swelling went down a few days later. Throughout the 12 week recovery the team at Proliance was professional, kind and engaging with my daughter. Patient with our questions and super nice. Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
Dr. Andrew L. Merritt, did surgery on my husband Ron's leg. Dr. Merritt's is amazing. He is very Professional and polite. He operated on my husband Ron leg it was broke badly. My husband could not stop saying what a nice professional doctor he was. We Thank God for Dr. Merritt, he is a great doctor who takes prides in his work. Thanks again Ron and Regena
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
I fell from a ladder and went to Valley Medical Emergency room. Where I learned that I had a complete break of the humerus bone. Fortunately for me, Dr Andrew Merritt was assigned to my case! He did an amazing job of putting me back together! I love sports and wanted to get back into my life as it was. He enabled me to achieve that goal. He is very personable, and answered all of my questions. The skill of his surgery was awesome! I would highly recommend him to all of the people I know!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merritt, MD?
Total hip replacement, anterior approach, March 2016. Outstanding quality care from a physician who listened to questions/concerns, explained things in a way that was easily understood, ensured that I was prepared as a patient for a positive outcome from pre-op to post-op. I would choose Dr Merritt again - it was a great experience!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Merritt?