Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD

NeurologyMale

Neurology

Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD is a Neurology Specialist in Laguna Niguel, CA and has over 20 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Ponce School of Medicine in 2002. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD

Orange County Child Neurology

30131 Town Center Dr Ste 195 Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Neurology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. McIntosh's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. McIntosh's Top Procedures and Conditions

Peripheral Neuropathy Testing

Dr. McIntosh performs Peripheral Neuropathy Testing more than 80% of his peers

Wada Test

Dr. McIntosh performs Wada Test more than 80% of his peers

Brainstem Auditory Evoked Response Test

Dr. McIntosh performs Brainstem Auditory Evoked Response Test more than 80% of his peers

Dr. McIntosh's conditions and procedures:

• ImPACT Testing
  • Memory Evaluation
  • Myoclonus
  • Peripheral Neuropathy Testing
  • Quantitative Sensory Test (QST)
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Sudoscan
  • TCD Bubble Test
  • Wada Test

Dr. McIntosh accepts

Dr. McIntosh accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Dr. McIntosh's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. McIntosh

Dr. McIntosh

Great first visit!
Our first appointment was a great experience with Dr. M and his team. We were running late due to a misunderstanding on our appointment time and the office called us to make sure we were arriving as we did not want to lose our appointment. Luckily we weren't too far away and got there albeit late. Checking in was easy and the team was very friendly. There are a lot of books and a cute Thomas the Train, train table for the littles to enjoy while parents meet with Dr. M. When we met Dr. M he was very kind and listened to everything that was a concern or question. His approach with our child was also very warm and encouraging. He listened and showed him a great deal of kindness. We left feeling good about our choice in Dr. M and our son enjoyed his visit and the lollipop at the end. Thank you Dr. McIntosh and team!
Angie I. – Jul 15, 2022
Great Neurologist
Dr. McIntosh was one of the best experiences we've had with a doctor. He was thorough, kind, and patient as we worked through our concerns. We would happily recommend him to any friends and family!
Rebecca C. – Jun 25, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
We were very happy with our experience with Dr. McIntosh. He was thorough, patient, and knowledgeable. Most impressive was how considerate and kind he was with our daughter. I appreciated how he spoke to her directly and in ways she would understand and not be intimidated by. At the conclusion of the visit, Dr. McIntosh formulated a detailed, but very workable, plan while inviting both our input and questions. His office staff was also a pleasure to work with. They were clear and responsive. I cannot recommend Dr. McIntosh and his office enough!
May 28, 2022
Wonderful Caring Doctor
Cannot say enough great thing about Dr. McIntosh! Dr. McIntosh and his staff have gone above and beyond to help us in many situations. His expertise as well as her kind and caring bedside manner are all five star. He always makes us feel heard regarding all issues of concern and addresses them clearly and individually. We have and will continue to recommend Dr. McIntosh to friends and family.
Nina – Apr 19, 2022
Dr. McIntosh is awesome!
Dr. McIntosh is professional and very kind. He is thorough in his assessments and knows how to connect with the patient and build rapport. I only trust him to provide excellent neurology care for my kids and loved ones.
Parastoo – Apr 06, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
I went to this hospital to see a doctor because of my child's tic. It was easy to make an appointment because the nurses were kind, and the doctor consulted at the child's level. The clean interior and friendly staff calmed us down.
Stella – Feb 26, 2022
Amazing Dr.
We saw Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD for one of our younger children with the recommendation from our child’s school. It took a little bit to get an appointment with him due to him being very busy but we were willing to wait as he came with high reviews. He was patient, kind, listened and offered all of his recommendations. He made our child feel comfortable and at ease. We have gone with his recommendations and feel blessed to have found him. The office staff was cheerful, thorough and had great follow up especially for busy parents. Looking forward to the follow up appointment.
C Stein – Feb 26, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
I was referred to Dr. McIntosh by my son's OT. I waited for four months for my first appointment and it was well worth it. Dr. McIntosh is empathetic and kind, and worked so well with my son in our initial appointment. I felt heard, and he was able to get my son to engage with him despite his usual hesitation with strangers and a new environment. He was diagnosed, and I felt validated in all of my concerns about his development. The best part was getting a treatment plan tailored to his needs to help him thrive! So grateful for Dr. McIntosh and would gladly encourage anyone who thinks their child may be on the spectrum to see him.
  • Long wait times
Jamie Brown – Feb 19, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
Dr McIntosh was conservative, soft spoken and wonderful with my 12 year old son. He was not an alarmist and was super calm and knowledgeable. I appreciative him not ordering unnecessary testing. He took his time with us both. Will follow up. He came highly recommended by two well known doctors in the area.
Feb 17, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
Finally found the right doctor. A few years ago I was referred to another doctor who incorrectly diagnosed my son. We struggled. Finally tried again and was referred to Dr. McIntosh. Grateful. Appreciate the time and care he took talking to my 15 year old son. Explained in "teen" terms how he would feel differently after starting ADHD medication and why it was important. The doctor also took the time to discuss all the other changes we need to make and a good path forward. Office is professional and returns calls in a timely manner (greatly appreciated). Finally feel like we found the right place to get help and support!
Oct 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. McIntosh! We were concerned about our daughter’s development and went to see Dr. McIntosh. He was very friendly with her and did a series of activities with her to gage her development. We asked him a million questions and he patiently sat with us and thankfully reassured us that our daughter was fine. He referred us to some places to help her with her socialization abilities and basically told us there was no need to come back. Highly recommend him
CP – May 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
For years, we have tried many different approaches with both our sons - OT, vision therapy, play therapy, ABA, one on one tutoring. But, after exhausting all measures, we came to Dr. McIntosh to discuss their different and similar issues pertaining to ADHD. I was pleased by Dr. McIntosh's knowledge, care for both me (as the tired parent) and my boys. He made me feel heard and respected -- he validated everything I had done previous to seeing him. His approach with the boys (individually) shows that he is great with kids and can ask them questions and probe them at their level. He made my kids feel empowered about their brain health. His staff are also amazing. It is worth your time and the drive to see Dr. McIntosh. He really cares about his patients. You don't feel rushed at all. So glad we found him and that my boys are finally on track.
Martha from San Clemente – Mar 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
We met with Dr McIntosh this past week to have our 3.5 year old son evaluated for ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). We were unsure what to expect from the appointment, but Dr McIntosh quickly put our minds at ease and immediately got to building rapport with our son. He did a lot of playful interactions with our son all with the intention of observing the typical characteristics of someone with Autism. He was thorough in his assessment checking for eye contact, communication skills, abnormal behaviors, and so on. He listened to our concerns and asked us a variety of questions about our son and family histories. He also did a physical exam of our son looking for other possible areas of concern. From there he shared with us that indeed our son is on the spectrum and provided us with a slew of resources and places to contact for services. Dr McIntosh connects with kids and parents alike to make a devastating diagnosis seem not so overwhelming. All in all, a very positive experience.
Toccara – Feb 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
Dr.McIntosh is the 3rd neurologist we have been to and will be the last. He is very knowledgeable and honest. The previous neurologist requested brain MRI and EEG. However he did a detailed evaluation for my son and he suggested not to proceed with those tests. He checked all his previous labs and medical history. I appreciate his honesty and the time he provided to give my son the best and accurate diagnosis.
NY – Feb 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
Completely positive experience here. The entire examination and questions went smoothly, and we feel we were handled in the best way possible. Definitely would recommend to anyone looking for a neurologist in the area! We will certainly come back in the future if needed.
Susan and Noah Patcha – Jan 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
We have been struggling with our son for many years. It was a huge relief to see Dr. McIntosh and finally have another path forward in our journey. He is personable, caring and very thorough. We got in to see him quickly and had a great experience.
Nov 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
Dr. McIntosh is great! His office is clean and very professional. His staff is awesome too. I felt like he was truly listening to my concerns and he was showing interest in what I was saying. When he spoke to my son he was great! He made my son feel comfortable and my son loved him! I got the answers that I needed from him and he was a huge help! I highly recommend him.
Jennifer E. – Jul 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
I was looking for a neurologist for my son because he has speech delay . I was referred to Dr McIntosh few weeks ago. I made an appointment staff were very friendly. The day we had an appointment my husband and I were very nervous because my 3 year old son always cries and very unhappy going to the Dr. That day in a minute we walked in to the Dr’s office staff were very friendly and Dr was ready for us. The way he approached to my son and helped us was incredible and outstanding. Dr explain to us steps and what has to be done. His kind wards warmed our hearts. I would like to recommend Dr McIntosh to anyone looking for a neurologist.
Homa m – Jun 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
I was referred from my daughters primary physician to Dr. McIntosh and he was very thorough and knowledgeable. His staff was very friendly and prompt. Although his office is a drive from where we live I will return as I felt comfortable that my daughter is in good hands here.
May 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
Dr Macintosh and his staff were very helpful, informative and treated our daughter with great care and compassion. I would recommend them to other families as well. Thank you for the great experience.
Desireé and Steve – Mar 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. McIntosh?