Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD

NeurologyMale

Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD is a Neurology Specialist in Laguna Niguel, CA and has over 19 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Ponce School of Medicine medical school in 2002. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. McIntosh to book an appointment.

Dr. McIntosh

Orange County Child Neurology

30131 Town Center Dr Ste 195 Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

Compare with other Neurology Specialists

Compare Dr. McIntosh with our nearby Neurology Specialists at MemorialCare.

Make an appointment at MemorialCare today at (949) 688-0029.

These providers are on the medical staff of MemorialCare.

Dr. McIntosh's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. McIntosh

Dr. McIntosh?
  • Explained conditions well (66)
  • Staff friendliness (66)
  • Listened & answered questions (65)
  • Appointment was rushed (4)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (4)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (4)
I highly recommend Dr. McIntosh! We were concerned about our daughter’s development and went to see Dr. McIntosh. He was very friendly with her and did a series of activities with her to gage her development. We asked him a million questions and he patiently sat with us and thankfully reassured us that our daughter was fine. He referred us to some places to help her with her socialization abilities and basically told us there was no need to come back. Highly recommend him
CP – May 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
For years, we have tried many different approaches with both our sons - OT, vision therapy, play therapy, ABA, one on one tutoring. But, after exhausting all measures, we came to Dr. McIntosh to discuss their different and similar issues pertaining to ADHD. I was pleased by Dr. McIntosh's knowledge, care for both me (as the tired parent) and my boys. He made me feel heard and respected -- he validated everything I had done previous to seeing him. His approach with the boys (individually) shows that he is great with kids and can ask them questions and probe them at their level. He made my kids feel empowered about their brain health. His staff are also amazing. It is worth your time and the drive to see Dr. McIntosh. He really cares about his patients. You don't feel rushed at all. So glad we found him and that my boys are finally on track.
Martha from San Clemente – Mar 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
We met with Dr McIntosh this past week to have our 3.5 year old son evaluated for ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). We were unsure what to expect from the appointment, but Dr McIntosh quickly put our minds at ease and immediately got to building rapport with our son. He did a lot of playful interactions with our son all with the intention of observing the typical characteristics of someone with Autism. He was thorough in his assessment checking for eye contact, communication skills, abnormal behaviors, and so on. He listened to our concerns and asked us a variety of questions about our son and family histories. He also did a physical exam of our son looking for other possible areas of concern. From there he shared with us that indeed our son is on the spectrum and provided us with a slew of resources and places to contact for services. Dr McIntosh connects with kids and parents alike to make a devastating diagnosis seem not so overwhelming. All in all, a very positive experience.
Toccara – Feb 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
Dr.McIntosh is the 3rd neurologist we have been to and will be the last. He is very knowledgeable and honest. The previous neurologist requested brain MRI and EEG. However he did a detailed evaluation for my son and he suggested not to proceed with those tests. He checked all his previous labs and medical history. I appreciate his honesty and the time he provided to give my son the best and accurate diagnosis.
NY – Feb 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
Completely positive experience here. The entire examination and questions went smoothly, and we feel we were handled in the best way possible. Definitely would recommend to anyone looking for a neurologist in the area! We will certainly come back in the future if needed.
Susan and Noah Patcha – Jan 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
We have been struggling with our son for many years. It was a huge relief to see Dr. McIntosh and finally have another path forward in our journey. He is personable, caring and very thorough. We got in to see him quickly and had a great experience.
Nov 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
Dr. McIntosh is great! His office is clean and very professional. His staff is awesome too. I felt like he was truly listening to my concerns and he was showing interest in what I was saying. When he spoke to my son he was great! He made my son feel comfortable and my son loved him! I got the answers that I needed from him and he was a huge help! I highly recommend him.
Jennifer E. – Jul 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
I was looking for a neurologist for my son because he has speech delay . I was referred to Dr McIntosh few weeks ago. I made an appointment staff were very friendly. The day we had an appointment my husband and I were very nervous because my 3 year old son always cries and very unhappy going to the Dr. That day in a minute we walked in to the Dr’s office staff were very friendly and Dr was ready for us. The way he approached to my son and helped us was incredible and outstanding. Dr explain to us steps and what has to be done. His kind wards warmed our hearts. I would like to recommend Dr McIntosh to anyone looking for a neurologist.
Homa m – Jun 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
I was referred from my daughters primary physician to Dr. McIntosh and he was very thorough and knowledgeable. His staff was very friendly and prompt. Although his office is a drive from where we live I will return as I felt comfortable that my daughter is in good hands here.
May 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
Dr Macintosh and his staff were very helpful, informative and treated our daughter with great care and compassion. I would recommend them to other families as well. Thank you for the great experience.
Desireé and Steve – Mar 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
Dr. McIntosh came highly recommended by our pediatrician. I spoke with Judy in the office and she was so helpful and caring in trying to get us scheduled ASAP. I must say she is such a valuable asset as the first point of contact with Dr. McIntosh's office. She was clear and thorough in her communication of office policies and paperwork and provided a very seamless scheduling process. Meeting Dr. McIntosh provided my teenage son and myself with clarity and direction. He listened to my son, he listened to me, and provided clear feedback, directions, and treatment options. He was very gentle and genuine in his demeanor, and that was much appreciated as it can be scary to see a neurologist! My son and I left the office with a plan and some relief, and I look forward to following up with Dr. McIntosh in the future. In the meantime, we don't feel hopeless and confused, and we have some sound guidance on how to proceed. I definitely recommend Dr. McIntosh.
Melissa Langston – Feb 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
Worth the drive! We drove from Fullerton to Dr. McIntosh in Laguna Niguel and I'm so glad we did. My child's health means everything to me and of course I would want only the best Pediatric Neurologist treating her. Dr. McIntosh was personable, extremely thorough and so knowledgeable. He asked her lots of questions in order to try to pinpoint her triggers and went over everything he plans to do moving forward, and have her do, to help her alleviate her symptoms and prevent them in the future. I trust Dr. McIntosh completely and would recommend him to any parents looking for the most excellent healthcare for their child. Thank you Dr. McIntosh!
Kim – Jan 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
Dr. McIntosh was extremely helpful to my daughter. He helped us understand her ADD and her struggles in school. He was very knowledgeable and friendly. I would recommend Dr.Mcintosh to anyone looking for a pediatric neurologist.
Jan 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
We are so appreciative of Dr. McIntosh. He helped us during a time of great difficulty and has continued to help guide us with our daughter's medical needs. Thank you Dr. McIntosh!!
Craig and Andrea Powers – Jan 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
After trying to manage my sons ADD with our Pediatrician with little success I was told from a friend about Dr McIntosh. Upon first meeting him both me and my son felt very comfortable, he has a great personality and relates well with both the parent and child. I was pleased with the attention and time he spent with us and getting real results and answers. In summary, my son has improved immensely and I feel very positive working with him. I highly recommend Dr McIntosh!!
Jun 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
Dr. McIntosh was highly recommended to me by one of my son's classmates mom. We weren't sure if my son was on the autism spectrum and decided to have him evaluated. Dr. McIntosh took his time interviewing me first to have a better understanding of my son's history before taking the time to evaluate my son. He did it in such a way that seemed very natural, that my son had no problem warming up to him quickly and going along with his instructions. I liked Dr. McIntosh's objective and views. He seemed very educated and was able to answer all my questions. I walked out knowing my son is in good hands. I look forward to scheduling another appointment with him in the future when needed. I would highly recommend Dr. McIntosh, as a certified pediatric neurologist for your child's needs.
Jun 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
Took my son to see Dr. McIntosh and so far we have only seen him once, but it has been a wonderful experience. He is very smart, knowledgeable, and thorough in his assessment. He is seeing my son for ADD and went through and explained everything and made us feel comfortable about starting medication. We had exhausted all the other lifestyle options and were desperate for an answer. So far everything has been great. Would highly recommend this doctor.
Monique in CA – Jan 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
My appointment with Dr. McIntosh was beyond excellent! He is very experienced giving promp test results. Chelsea is the EEG technician and she explains every step making you feel secure that you are in good hands. If you are looking for a neurologist Dr. McIntosh is the best and his staff is also highly experienced and friendly!
Saundra Candy in Laguna Niguel, CA – Jan 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
My daughter had a fainting/seizure and we were unable (after constant calling over two weeks) to get Rady's Hospital to move on the urgent request for an ECG. A doctor's friend recommended Dr. Mcintosh. I called him and he got me in THE NEXT MORNING!! And when we needed another appointment, he offered to come in early (7:30am!) to get us in the next day. He is so kind. And even though he is an hour and fifteen minutes drive away, I would go back to him again, should we have the need. Sincerely!
SW in Solana Beach – Dec 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?
We have been seeing Dr. McIntosh for six years for our daughter’s absence seizures. Throughout that time, Dr. McIntosh has been both extremely knowledgeable and extremely personable. He has constantly steered us in the right direction with her medicine dosages and life tips. During her appointments, he has been gentle and kind, and she is very comfortable with him. Thanks to Dr. McIntosh’s guidance, our daughter has had no staring seizures for an entire year.
Mike J. – Nov 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew McIntosh, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. McIntosh?

• Neurology