Dr. Andrew Marlowe, MD

Dr. Andrew Marlowe, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Andrew Marlowe, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Sarasota, FL. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Read his story

5432 Bee Ridge Rd Ste 150

Sarasota, FL 34233

• AARP
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Bluegrass Family Health

Learn about Dr. Marlowe

See how frequently Dr. Marlowe performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Vertigo
Chronic Laryngitis
Ear Ache

Dr. Marlowe's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Marlowe's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Marlowe "Dr. Marlowe received his Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from Boston University College of Engineering in 1983 and was conferred his Doctor of Medicine degree from the Medical College of Pennsylvania (now Drexel University College of Medicine) in 1987. Dr. Marlowe completed his general surgical internship at the Medical College of Pennsylvania Hospital in 1988. In 1989, he was awarded an Auditory Electrophysiology Research Fellowship at Temple University's Garfield Auditory Research Laboratory. He then completed a four-year Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Residency at Temple University in 1993. Certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Dr. Marlowe obtained special post-graduate training in craniofacial/skullbase surgery by completing a one year fellowship at the Center for Head and Neck Surgery of Presbyterian-St. Lukes Medical Center in Denver in 1994. HE then completed an otology/neurotolgy fellowship at the Dallas Foundation of Otology in 1995. Dr. Marlowe was appointed Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at Hahneman University of the Health Sciences in Philadelphia in 1995. In 1997, he was appointed Assistant Professor of Otolraryngology-Head and Neck Surgery and Director of Neurotology for State University of New York at Buffalo. As Assistant Professor, he served as a full-time surgical instructor. He relocated to Sarasota, Florida in 1998 and has been in private practice since that time. He lives here with his wife and three children, two of whom are now in college. He enjoys boating, performance driving, taking care of his aquariums, and high tech toys. "

This content was provided by Dr. Marlowe "To be a good doctor you must first be a good human. Dr. Marlowe practices adult and pediatric Otology, Neurotology and general Otolaryngology, (ear, nose and throat) at the Sarasota Memorial Hospital. Dr. Marlowe prides himself on being a healer as well as a scientist. Devoted to state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment of otologic problems, he treats such problems as hearing loss, dizziness, balance problems, facial nerve disorders, ear infections and tumors of the ear or skullbase in children and adults. His general otolaryngology expertise includes care of nasal and breathing disorders including advanced endoscopic sinus surgery and the latest treatment for sleep apnea and snoring. Patients will find uncompromising, warm medical care by a friendly staff of professionals."

• Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Neurotology
  • Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
  • Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)

• Otolaryngology

• Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hyperacusis
  • Otitis Media
  • Otosclerosis
  • Outer Ear Infection
  • Perforated Eardrum
  • Perilymph Fistula (PLF)
  • Peritonsillar Abscess
  • Sinusitis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Sore Throat
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Thyroid Cancer
  • Zenker's Diverticulum

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Audiometry
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Endoscopic Polypectomy
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Endoscopic Zenker's Diverticulum Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Implantable Hearing Device
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Parotidectomy
  • Pediatric Cochlear Implants
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Pillar Procedure
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy

Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1994

• Global Who's Who Top Doctors, 2011
  • Most Compassionate Doctor, 2010
  • Most Compassionate Doctor, 2011

Dr. Marlowe has no media or publications listed.

• French
  • Polish

Dr. Marlowe does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Marlowe and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Marlowe's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Marlowe to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Marlowe's Performance
Lakewood Ranch |
Dr. Marlowe and his staff were very attentive and took their time listening to my explanation of symptoms I'd been experiencing for months. I am confident that the tests Dr. Marlowe ordered will finally determine what has been causing my illness. Five visits to two other doctors and one Emergency Room visit did not improve my condition.
in Cape Coral, FL |
Amazing, I new instantly Dr. Marlowe was going to help me.. Kind, patient, very smart and I drove 80miles and would have driven 200.
in Sarasota, FL |
Excellent physician and staff! Highly recommend!
in Sarasota |
I have been going to Dr. Marlowe for over 10 years. It started with an ear infection that my primary doctor kept treating with antibiotics and they didn't work. Then I went to Dr. Marlowe and found out it was a fungus and after hundreds of dollars of ear drops he treated me with the right medicine (inexpensive) and it healed after months of misery. I would highly recommend him and his staff. Nessa St James
Sarasota, FL |
Dr Marlowe was very personable and professional. Took plenty of time to understand my problem and health history. He did a very good job in explaining the plan of treatment.
in Englewood, FL |
Dr. Marlowe is the most passionate doctor, he is to help you to listen to your problem and find the best solution.
in North Port |
Attentive and pleasant. Listens and responds to my concerns.
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Marlowe is patient and thoughtful and a great listener. I had many questions regarding upcoming surgery and he answered each and every one. He and his staff are attentive and considerate. I highly recommend Dr. Marlowe. .
in Sarasota, FL |
Made appt specifically with doctor M. But saw him for less than a minute at the end. His assistant did the work. Everyone was nice and competent but why bother requesting the doctor if he doesn’t do the work.?
North Port, FL |
Great visit with the doctor. Very good bedside manner. Nice facility and staff.
in Sarasota, FL |
Very knowledgeable and spends time making sure all questions/concerns are answered.
in Venice, FL |
Doctor Marlowe treated me for throat cancer, He removed my tonsils, a lymph node and I continued my check ups with him. Its nearly 5 years since my treatment and I'm cancer free, or cancer cured, as he tells me. He's a great doctor and I highly recommend him.
in Arcadia,FL |
Great experience having Dr Marlowe take care of my nasal problems, Surgery went well, and after 2 weeks I can breathe much better. Dr. Marlowe is very easy to talk to, never seems rushed and answers all questions anyone might have.Recommended by my family doctor, I was thoroughly satisfied.
in Venice, FL |
very thorough, uncomplicated and to the point
in Venice, FL |
Dr Marlowe corrected a problem with an ear infection that had lasted on and off for 6 years within 5 minutes and a secondary problem with a runny nose which had been attributable to age for 10 years was corrected with a prescription nasal spray. He has extremely good diagnostic skills
Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Marlowe and his staff are great. Our pediatrician recommended him for our 6 year old who was having congestion issues and chronic ear infections. Dr. Marlowe got to the bottom of it right away and she is doing great. Thank You Very Much Dr. Marlowe!
Moore Haven, FL |
I visited Dr Marlowe for a sinus infection. The staff was friendly and efficient. The overall experience was positive and I plan to return for care in the future.
in Sarasota, FL |
Everything about my experience was positive beginning with the friendly greeting when I arrived. I was ushered into the examination room on time by a pleasant young lady who took my information. The P.A. came in a short time later discussed my symptoms and made an accurate evaluation. Dr. Marlowe listened to the description of my complaints, asked the appropriate questions, then went over the causes, cures and recommendations. I was treated like a valuable human being and not talked down to.
Sarasota, FL |
Dr Marlowe caught a problem that others had missed. I have been seeing him for a year now and he is consistently caring, listens well, and works with me to collaboratively develop an action plan.
in Venice,FL |
Very friendly staff and doctor. Was a great experience.
in Sarasota, FL |
After seening Tara Heburn, prescribed a medication, CVS said inconsistency in use. Pharmacist called the office, very cold and rude reception, I then called got the same rude and condescending. After many attempts to speak to Tara Heburn, the office manger (Brittney) called and ask what was the problem, I explained that I would like to clear up the miscommunication. Brittney explained that Tara and DR. Marlowe never calls, a letter stating that I look in yellow pages for another Dr. SAD
Sarasota, FL |
A wonderful team and a excellent doctor.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Listens to me, make an effort to fully understand my issue. Explains options and his recommend plan of treatment.
in Indianapolis, IN |
Outstanding Dr. and staff! I would recommend Dr. Marlowe for any ENT issues.
Sarasota, FL |
Very friendly. Dr Marlowe was able to diagnose my, somewhat rare, problem quickly. Very professional evaluation and prognosis. I feel very confident that my condition will be taken care of.
in Venice, FL |
I am new to the Sarasota area and was in need of a good Ear physician. Fortunately I found what I consider to be a great ear specialist with a fabulous staff. Initially my appointment was in about 4 weeks but I was asked if I wanted to be on the call list if there were cancellations. An appointment became available, I was seen in 10 days. I was thrilled by the professionalism of the staff and Dr. Marlowe. I would rate the overall experience a solid 10. Thank you. Highly recommend!
NORTH PORT |
Due to hearing issues, I have been taking my boys to Dr. Marlowe for many years now. Both of them are preteens. Dr. Marlowe has done a phenomenal job not just treating them but making sure they are comfortable all the time. He is very down to earth. He laughs, makes jokes, asks them questions. It really makes them feel like he cares. As a mom, I am most grateful to have found Dr. Marlowe's office and will never take them to another ENT specialist!
in Sarasota, FL |
I could not be more pleased. He is both skilled and affable, easy to relate to and very responsive to my questions. I trust him, and his work is good. His staff demonstrates that he sets the positive tone for the practice.
in osprey, FL |
great doctor,staff excellent
in Sarasota, FL |
I was very impressed with Dr. Marlowe the first visit for what my primary Doctor said might be vertigo. He didn't think that was my problem. Ultimately, it wasn't. The last time was a follow-up appointment my ENT in Green Bay suggested I have on our returned to Sarasota. I'd had a perforated eardrum and needed to make sure it had healed correctly. Dr. Marlowe said it had. He prescribed a lotion for itching in my ears that works great!! I will be happy to tell my friends about Dr. Marlowe.
in Sarasota, FL |
After a few years of suffering from Menieres' symptoms, I went to see Dr Marlowe and he worked with me on suppressing the symptoms. He was understanding, compassionate, and assisted me in every way possible. In addition, I felt as though I could call his office whenever the onset of the symptoms became too much for me to deal with, which is "peace of mind" (even if I never had to use the invitation). Recently, I saw Dr Marlowe and I can now say my Menieres' is in remission:) Thank you Doctor
Bradenton, FL |
Saw dr for 2 1/2yrs trusted him, got worse he was very condenscending to me in the end there was other problems tooo he over mediated me nearly had heart attack too much predisone. i will be putting a complaint to the Sarasota Board. Office staff should be trained better in how to treat patient just 2 were great.
in Sarasota, FL |
I've been a patient of Dr. Marlowe for over a decade. He is a highly competent Otolaryngologist and one of the nicest doctors I’ve ever had. I have recommended him on numerous occasions and everyone I know who has gone to see him feels the same way. A great doc and a great guy.
in Sarasota, FL |
I had been to 3 other doctors previously over the past 12 months, complaining of my ear pain. Only Dr. Marlowe was able to diagnose and explain to me what was causing the pain, and how to alleviate the pain. Thank you Dr. Marlowe.
in Sarasota, FL |
Attentive. Down to earth. Listens well. offered more than one option.
Have you seen Dr. Andrew Marlowe, MD?
Are you Dr. Marlowe?

Visit Dr. Marlowe

Evening
Dr. Marlowe accepts 18 insurance carriers
  • AARP
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)