Dr. Andrew Markiewitz, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

Hand Surgery Specialists 10700 Montgomery Rd Ste 150 Cincinnati, OH 45242 Get Directions
Dr. Andrew Markiewitz, MD
Dr. Andrew Markiewitz, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Cincinnati, OH. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Markiewitz is affiliated with Good Samaritan Hospital and Bethesda North Hospital.

Dr. Markiewitz's Experience

See how Dr. Markiewitz's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Markiewitz

Dr. Markiewitz accepts 12 insurance carriers

Dr. Markiewitz is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Markiewitz has admitting privileges.

Dr. Markiewitz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Markiewitz to family and friends
Dr. Markiewitz's Performance
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Markiewitz did my surgery on right hand for Dupuytren's Contracture. It was more than we both thought as the disease had wrapped around a tendon. He did a wonderful job. Very happy with the out come. He'll be doing my other hand soon. Everyone from him to office staff to surgery team was wonderful caring and gentle people. Totally no pain after surgery at all. Any and all questions were addressed by everyone. They all care , you can tell , it shows. Thank you all very much !
in Cincinnati, OH |
I saw Dr. Markiewitz for Dupuytren's Confracture and after consultation he performed McCash open palm surgery and installed a digit widget on June 7, 2017. The digit widget was removed July 27, 2017 and had my last visit August 10, 2017. I was very pleased with everything he did. He was through and very conscientious and would highly recommend him.
in CLEVES |
I had two recent hand surgeries by Dr. Markiewitz. Both right and left hands required carpal tunnel syndrome surgery and each hand had three trigger fingers that required release. I could not be more pleased with the results. Dr. Markiewitz did a great job with the surgery and required follow-up physical therapy recommendations. He was also very encouraging during recuperation. The office staff if pleasant and helpful. I would call it an "Outstanding" experience
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Markiewitz did my surgery following a traumatic fracture and ligament injury to my thumb. I am now back to work and have function back in my hand! Truly appreciative for his care!
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Markiewitz is a compassionate, caring profession who believes in the philosophy, 'less is more.' He treated my first broken wrist in Oct 2012 and my second in Feb 2017. He thoroughly explained my fractures and what procedures were needed to repair them. Both my wrists are straight and 100% functional. He is very thorough, reviewing your medical history and looking for any connections in your medical history to your fractures.
Loveland, Oh |
Very rude and crass. Did not review my chart and tests, tried to tell me certain tsts were not done, despite me having the results with me. He made snide comments about the Cincinnati Magazine Top doctor who preformed my tests saying they were not good or reliable in their evaluation. Good thing he was my second opinion or I would be looking for a surgeon all over again. Maybe it was an off day for him after looking at the other reviews but he definately was not polite, kind or compassionate.
Dr. Markiewitz is a very compassionate professional who treats the whole person.
in Loveland, OH |
Dr. M treated me for Dupuytren's contracture in the ring and pinkie fingers of my left hand. I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. The fingers are straight and flexible allowing me the dexterity to even play my guitar for the first time in several years. I have to admit that when he described the surgery and the "Digit Widget" used to straighten my finger I was a bit concerned. However, post-op pain was minimal and I payed attention to good wound care. No real problems. Thanks Doc.
in New Richmond, OH |
I called my GP & got Doc Markiewitz number after being recommended to Wellington at ER. At Wellington, I was expecting a cast but was told I needed surgery with no pictures of xrays or explaining anything. I may not be as educated as the Doctor at Wellington but I am involved in taking care of my own body. Doc Markiewitz explained everything, even called after surgery to make sure I'd take pain pills & to be seen before weekend. If you need a kindhearted professional, he's the one!
Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Markiewitz was very transparent and honest with my questions. Have had really good results with my hand injury and surgery.
Milford, OH |
I have been a patient for several years. I am proud to call Dr. Markiewitz my doc and have recommended him to several others. He has alleviated a lot of pain for me as well as been an advocate for my overall health. Kudos! The world needs more docs like Dr. Markiewitz.
in Pleasant Plain, OH |
Dr Markiewitz is an awesome Dr. When I had an issue arise he had an appointment waiting.I just can't thank him enough.I would recommend him HIGHLY.
in Cincinnati Oh. |
Dr. Markiewitz treated me for a ruptured tendon in my thumb. He explain to me, in terms that I could understand, exactly what needed to be done to repair my tendon.On the day of my surgery everything went exactly as planned. The recovery timeline was just as it was explained to me previously by Dr. Markiewitz . I have gotten what I consider to be an excellent result from the care of Dr. Markiewitz it is very professional staff. I would highly recommend Dr. Markiewitz to anyone.
in Milford, OH |
Dr. Markiewitz was our second opinion doctor on a radial nerve injury. The best decision ever. I would highly recommend Dr. Markiewitz to anyone. He made us feel comfortable and positive and hopeful. Our outcome was a good one and we thank Dr. Markiewitz and office workers and staff. Everyone involved in our care was top of the line. Dr. Markiewitz is an excellent doctor.
Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Markiewitz explains the situation, the diagnosis and the prognosis very well. He also made very good decisions on how to best treat my condition and continually guided me in regards to the expectations of the healing process. Based on where I started (with all the anxiety and concerns related to my injury), I am extremely happy with the outcome.
in Mason, OH |
Outstanding! Dr. Markiewitz and his staff ALL went above and beyond! From his staff in the office to his team at the Surgery center everyone was professional and helpful. I would highly recommend Dr. Markiewtiz.
in Blanchester, Ohio |
Very happy with my care!
in Maineville, Ohio |
Dr. Markiewitz was wonderful and thorough threw out the process, from evaluation, procedure and follow up. His entire surgery staff were amazing and I can't give enough stars regarding how well they worked as a team and communicated through the procedures(2x). Simply outstanding and professional people. Thank you. SR
in Lawrenceburg, IN |
This physician is amazing! He is very friendly and knowledgeable, and takes the time with his patients to make sure they understand everything. I highly recommend this physician!!!!
Hamilton, OH |
Just the best doctor ever!!!
Cincinnati, OH |
He is thorough, professional and kind. I am thankful that the doctor who treated my initial injury referred me to Dr Markiewitz. I would definitely see him again should the need arise.
in Cincinnati, OH |
A great experience from start to finish. Dr. Markiewitz couples excellent surgical skills with ample people skills. He is a skilled surgeon with a kind demeanor and I cannot recommend him highly enough.
in Loveland, OH |
Wonderful outcome from both hands carpal tunnel release surgery. Everything went exactly as explained. Dr. Markiewitz made it very easy, and encouraged me to ask questions to insure I understood everything.
Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Markiewitz thoroughly explained my injury, the recommended treatment, and potential complications. He checked progress at 1 week, 4 weeks, 8 weeks, and again thoroughly explained how I needed to adhere to the treatment plan (splinting my thumb). He is easy to talk with, and the office staff are just as thorough in explaining next steps, etc. Waits are reasonable for a busy practice, and reflect his thorough approach.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Markiewitz treated me when I was in great pain and saw no way out.
in Ohio |
Very kind down to earth Dr. Friendly and takes his time with you. My hand is happy I found him :)
in Fayetteville |
I met Dr. Markiewitz in the process of getting healed to return to work.He is very straight forward and helpful while explaining the process to me. When he decieded on surgery he told me i had no less than 70% chance to heal at 100% of my movement and strength. he put me into therapy for both. I just finish a month early at 100%.this man is amazeing and i thank him greatly. RLA
in Cincinnati, OH |
Thorough, informative, pleasant, competent, minimally invasive, polite.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Markiewitz was a very caring, kind, and knowledgeable surgeon. He never seemed rushed and focused on my son's care while he was with us. I would highly recommend him to family and friends.
in Loveland, OH |
Great bedside manner, makes you feel at ease immediately. Gives you all the facts and then lets you make your decision on what you would like to move forward with concering your issue. Liked him right away when he walked through the door.
in Loveland, OH |
Great sense of humor. Took the time to listen. Explained problem and treatment to my satisfaction without making me feel like a bother.
in Loveland, OH |
Very easy to understand, easy to talk to, really down to earth type of Doctor. Told me all my options and explained each one to me. Dr. Markiewitz made me feel very comfortable and did a great job on my trigger finger.
I went in because my arm has been hurting me for awhile and boy did I learn a lot. The only thing he really said to me was that I was fat and weak. That I needed to work out my arm to build it up. The entire time he was very rude and short with me like I was making it all up. Doctor's are supposed to help people, not make them feel worse than when they walked in. He is an awful doctor, and I will NEVER go back again. I DO NOT recommend him to anyone. You're better off going out of state.
in Cincinnati, OH |
He is very understanding. Listens while you speak. Takes your concerns to heart. Answers your questions. Always has a smile on his face. I put my trust in him. His Office staff and surgery staff are very warm and efficient in what they do.
in Cincinnati, Ohio |
I had a very good experience, he answered any and all questions I had. He and his staff were kind and helpful.
in Blue Ash, Ohio |
Dr. Markiewitz is very thorough in his assessments and explanations. He didn't just rattle out medical jargon, he made sure I understood everything regarding my situation. He is very pleasant. Staff is always cheerful and pleasant. I've been seen right at, and even before my appointment time: a very pleasant rarity.
Milford, OH |
Friendly, competent.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Markiewitz is very pleasant and answered all of my questions. He seems to care about his patients and gives very sound advice. This was my second visit with him because of a fractured bone in the finger and hand.
New York, NY |
Very personable. Doesn't rush to surgery. Called me back personally the day after surgery with lab results. He's great.
in cincinnati, ohio |
I am very satisfied with having my surgery done by Dr. Markiewitz. His whole staff was professional and extremely kind. I felt comfortable with all of they're decisions.
in Milford, OH |
I was referred by my primary care physician. Two hours after she wrote me a prescription for a consult with Dr. Markiewitz, his office actually called me to schedule my appointment. Registration was efficient and waiting time was brief. I needed x-rays on my hand that took only a few minutes. When the doctor came in to review my X-rays and examine my hand, Dr. Markiewitz affable, obviously knowledgeable, and spent the appropriate amount of time with me and answered all of my questions.
in West Chester, OH |
I highly recommend because of past and recent surgery experience provided by Dr. Markiewitz. In 2008 I had CMC arthoplasty / carpal tunnel done on one hand. Now after 8 yrs. I needed to get the other hand repaired. With the success of the first surgery, I knew I wanted him to do the other. Now just at 9 weeks post surgery I am pleased with where I am, I have a couple more months for complete return to full activities. At near 73 yrs. old I look forward to returning to cycling, kayak and projects
in Hamilton, OH |
After he states the facts. asks if I have any questions.
in 45036 |
Very professional and patient
in Cincinnati, OH |
Very caring and gentile. Explained everything in simple understandable terms. Procedures were painless. Dr. Markiewitz is very personable with a good sense of humor. Makes you feel that he is very interested in you as a person, listens to what you say. Never makes you feel hurried or rushed. I believe that Dr Markiewitz is an outstanding hand surgeon..
Medical condition was explained very well and Dr. Markiewitz went out of his way to dumb it down so I may grasp a complete understanding of the condition. Answered any questions I had thoroughly with explaination and reasoning. Service was very good.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Markiewitz was great at explaining everything to me. He succeeded in treating my broken fingers and avoiding surgery. The office always ran on schedule which really helped my work situation.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Nice person. Very professional. Great surgery experience.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Staff and physician very helpful and friendly, quickly allayed my fears about my health concern. Thoroughly reviewed risks and possible complications of my surgery. Repeatedly asked if I had questions and thoroughly answered them all. Provided written info and even a drawing for me to see what was involved in my injury and the proposed surgery. Thanks
in West Chester, OH |
My experience was quite good. Dr. Markiewitz saw me even though the office had made a mistake about my appointment. Because I was a little upset about my diagnosis and because I was grateful he had seen me on such short notice, I felt I shouldn't take the time to ask some of the questions I had. Otherwise, very good.
Have you seen Dr. Andrew Markiewitz, MD?
Are you Dr. Markiewitz?

Compare Dr. Markiewitz

Dr. Markiewitz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  •  Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Dr. Markiewitz has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Why It Matters: Dr. Markiewitz's Board Certifications

• Hand Surgery

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Broken Arm
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Tufts
  • Other Education
    George Wash U
    MBA

Dr. Markiewitz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Markiewitz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery