Dr. Andrew D. Markiewitz, MD

Dr. Andrew D. Markiewitz, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

Hand Surgery Specialists 10700 Montgomery Rd Ste 150, Cincinnati, OH 45242 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Markiewitz specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery and practices in Cincinnati, OH. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Markiewitz? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Markiewitz's Experience

See how Dr. Markiewitz's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Markiewitz

Dr. Markiewitz accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Markiewitz has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Markiewitz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Markiewitz to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Markiewitz
Dr. Markiewitz's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (79)
in Fayetteville |
I met Dr. Markiewitz in the process of getting healed to return to work.He is very straight forward and helpful while explaining the process to me. When he decieded on surgery he told me i had no less than 70% chance to heal at 100% of my movement and strength. he put me into therapy for both. I just finish a month early at 100%.this man is amazeing and i thank him greatly. RLA
in Cincinnati, OH |
Thorough, informative, pleasant, competent, minimally invasive, polite.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Markiewitz was a very caring, kind, and knowledgeable surgeon. He never seemed rushed and focused on my son's care while he was with us. I would highly recommend him to family and friends.
in Loveland, OH |
Great bedside manner, makes you feel at ease immediately. Gives you all the facts and then lets you make your decision on what you would like to move forward with concering your issue. Liked him right away when he walked through the door.
in Loveland, OH |
Great sense of humor. Took the time to listen. Explained problem and treatment to my satisfaction without making me feel like a bother.
in Loveland, OH |
Very easy to understand, easy to talk to, really down to earth type of Doctor. Told me all my options and explained each one to me. Dr. Markiewitz made me feel very comfortable and did a great job on my trigger finger.
I went in because my arm has been hurting me for awhile and boy did I learn a lot. The only thing he really said to me was that I was fat and weak. That I needed to work out my arm to build it up. The entire time he was very rude and short with me like I was making it all up. Doctor's are supposed to help people, not make them feel worse than when they walked in. He is an awful doctor, and I will NEVER go back again. I DO NOT recommend him to anyone. You're better off going out of state.
in Cincinnati, OH |
He is very understanding. Listens while you speak. Takes your concerns to heart. Answers your questions. Always has a smile on his face. I put my trust in him. His Office staff and surgery staff are very warm and efficient in what they do.
in Cincinnati, Ohio |
I had a very good experience, he answered any and all questions I had. He and his staff were kind and helpful.
in Blue Ash, Ohio |
Dr. Markiewitz is very thorough in his assessments and explanations. He didn't just rattle out medical jargon, he made sure I understood everything regarding my situation. He is very pleasant. Staff is always cheerful and pleasant. I've been seen right at, and even before my appointment time: a very pleasant rarity.
Milford, OH |
Friendly, competent.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Markiewitz is very pleasant and answered all of my questions. He seems to care about his patients and gives very sound advice. This was my second visit with him because of a fractured bone in the finger and hand.
New York, NY |
Very personable. Doesn't rush to surgery. Called me back personally the day after surgery with lab results. He's great.
in cincinnati, ohio |
I am very satisfied with having my surgery done by Dr. Markiewitz. His whole staff was professional and extremely kind. I felt comfortable with all of they're decisions.
in Milford, OH |
I was referred by my primary care physician. Two hours after she wrote me a prescription for a consult with Dr. Markiewitz, his office actually called me to schedule my appointment. Registration was efficient and waiting time was brief. I needed x-rays on my hand that took only a few minutes. When the doctor came in to review my X-rays and examine my hand, Dr. Markiewitz affable, obviously knowledgeable, and spent the appropriate amount of time with me and answered all of my questions.
in West Chester, OH |
I highly recommend because of past and recent surgery experience provided by Dr. Markiewitz. In 2008 I had CMC arthoplasty / carpal tunnel done on one hand. Now after 8 yrs. I needed to get the other hand repaired. With the success of the first surgery, I knew I wanted him to do the other. Now just at 9 weeks post surgery I am pleased with where I am, I have a couple more months for complete return to full activities. At near 73 yrs. old I look forward to returning to cycling, kayak and projects
in Hamilton, OH |
After he states the facts. asks if I have any questions.
in 45036 |
Very professional and patient
in Cincinnati, OH |
Very caring and gentile. Explained everything in simple understandable terms. Procedures were painless. Dr. Markiewitz is very personable with a good sense of humor. Makes you feel that he is very interested in you as a person, listens to what you say. Never makes you feel hurried or rushed. I believe that Dr Markiewitz is an outstanding hand surgeon..
Medical condition was explained very well and Dr. Markiewitz went out of his way to dumb it down so I may grasp a complete understanding of the condition. Answered any questions I had thoroughly with explaination and reasoning. Service was very good.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Markiewitz was great at explaining everything to me. He succeeded in treating my broken fingers and avoiding surgery. The office always ran on schedule which really helped my work situation.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Nice person. Very professional. Great surgery experience.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Staff and physician very helpful and friendly, quickly allayed my fears about my health concern. Thoroughly reviewed risks and possible complications of my surgery. Repeatedly asked if I had questions and thoroughly answered them all. Provided written info and even a drawing for me to see what was involved in my injury and the proposed surgery. Thanks
in West Chester, OH |
My experience was quite good. Dr. Markiewitz saw me even though the office had made a mistake about my appointment. Because I was a little upset about my diagnosis and because I was grateful he had seen me on such short notice, I felt I shouldn't take the time to ask some of the questions I had. Otherwise, very good.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Markiewitz has taken care of three cases with our family 10 years ago. He was our preferred Doctor for hand and arm issues. When I began to experience numb hands and arm pain, he was the first to call. He is very thorough and only recommends surgery as a last resort. My wife recently had an issue with a finger and he prescribed a splint and exercises that fixed the problem. My situation was Carpal Tunnel and scheduling was fast and easy. He will always be our first choice in hand care.
in Mason, OH |
In went into the office for consultation after another physician told me I would need carpal tunnel surgery immediately. After meeting with Dr. Markiewitz, he evaluated my condition and made a lot of non-surgical recommendations before moving to surgery. I am happy to say, I'm glad, because using his techniques have improved my situation. I went to Dr. Markiewitz because my wife had such a great a year prior. He is the best in his field, go to him before you have any hand surgery.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr Markiewitz is very knowledgeable. His nurses speak highly of him; in fact, one of them had him do her mother's surgery and was very pleased. He did my carpal tunnel surgery on one hand. I was satisfied with the overall experience and will soon have Dr Markiewitz do my other hand. He is good about explaining things. The staff at the hospital was extremely considerate with me and also with my family, who was there with me.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Markiewitz provided superior care and service in regards to my hand injury. Throughout the entire process, he was very informative and open to any questions or concerns I had. I had complete trust in his ability to find the best route to recovery. Nothing but careful, concise work from this prior Flight Surgeon (US Air Force).
in Blanchester, OH |
The staff and Dr. Markiewitz are amazing! I got in and out of my appointment with ease. Will definitely go back, when needed.
Knowledgeable, courteous,,good communicator
Cincinnati, OH |
He is an excellent surgeon. No residual pain. Only slight deduction would be that I would have liked more detail about what happened, what he did, and what to expect in the future.
in Cincinnati, OH |
I have always been impressed with the treatment that I have received from Dr. Markiewitz. He takes time to explain his findings, makes his recommendations clearly, and follows up well to assess progress.
in Morrow, OH |
Dr. Markiewitz explained my condition and made sure that I understood it. He thoroughly explained all of the treatment options and answered all of my questions.
in Goshen, OH |
Dr. Markiewitz was excellent, knowledgeable, considerate, and a true professional. I would recommend him to anyone. Bill Wilson
in Loveland Ohio |
Considering the amount of damage I did to myself, I thought I would surely lose at least one finger. I fell on a piece of plate glass, cut my pinky pretty much off, and my ring finger half way off. Dr. Markiewitz is an amazing surgeon! I play the guitar, and thanks to him, I will again! I can't thank him and the staff enough!
in Loveland, OH |
Dr. Markiewitz is an excellent orthopedic hand surgeon! I have been dealing with Trigger Finger challenges. I appreciated his expertise in recommending cortisone injections. I appreciated his thoroughness in diagnosing my challenge. He is an excellent, caring physician. Diane Planicka
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Andrew Markiewitz was very up front about my surgery when I first saw him on 1/28/16. My surgery was done on 2/12/16, Dr. Markiewitz and the staff at the Bethesda Surgery Center made me feel very comfortable and at ease. I had a local anesthesia, so I was fully awake and Dr. Markiewitz explained everything he was doing. I was very pleased with my whole surgery and post surgery procedure. My hand feels great and I have my movement back. Thank you Dr. Markiewitz and surgery staff.
in Milford Ohio |
I had a great experience with Dr Markiewitz. Knowledgeable and very good at explaining what was going to happen and what to expect. I would and most definitely recommend Dr Markiewitz to anyone who needs his help!
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr Markiewitz answered all my question and he explained the surgery to me so I knew what he was going to do.
in Cincinnati, OH |
clear communication. careful with details. On time. Clear explanation of damage and plan to repair.
Cincinnati, OH |
Dr provided reasonable course of action for hand pain I am experiencing--including use of glove; splint; and directions on pain medications when needed.
in Cincinnati, OH |
My experience with Dr.Markiewitz was professional and i consider him to be a very good doctor and yes i will recommend others to him.
in Cincinnati, Ohio |
Excellent feedback answer all my question thanks
in Milford, OH |
He is very kind and knowledgeable and explains things thoroughly. His personality makes you feel at ease during your visit.
Have you seen Dr. Andrew D. Markiewitz, MD?
Are you Dr. Markiewitz?

Compare Dr. Markiewitz

Orthopedic Hand Surgery
Cincinnati, OH 45242

Narrow your results

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Neuroplasty
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fusion

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Thomas Jefferson University

Graduated in 1989

Cleveland Clinic Foundation
  • Other Education
    George Wash U

Dr. Markiewitz has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Markiewitz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Markiewitz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Markiewitz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  • Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Markiewitz

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Markiewitz's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Markiewitz

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients