Dr. Andrew Little, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 47

Telehealth services available

Barrow Brain and Spine

2910 N 3rd Ave Phoenix, AZ 85013

Dr. Andrew Little, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Phoenix, AZ. Dr. Little has more experience with Pediatric Neurosurgery, Cranial Neurosurgery, and Nervous System Neoplasms than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix and Cancer Treatment Center of America, Phoenix. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Little to book an appointment.

Dr. Little's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Little

Dr. Little?
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (71)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (70)
  • Explained conditions well (70)
  • Long wait times (4)
  • Appointment was rushed (2)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (2)
Amazing surgeon.
Mike Z – Dec 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Amazing treatment for my brother and surgery was very successful, the way my brother describe the attention and procedure was top of the top with all the amazing service he had in Barrow, unfortunately we couldn't be with him cause of covid-19 regulations, but he is in recovery right now but so HAPPY with his vision back to normal. He had a tumor in the pituitary gland tha was pressing the vision nerves. I'm so glad my brother found this Angel with name Andrea Little.
Luis Cardenas – Jul 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Dr. Little ordered an MRI on me which was done over a month ago. Despite several calls to his office and Barrows, no one will return our call with test results or any further treatment. I now have to start all over with Mayo. I've been dealing with Barrows since June, 2019 with ZERO results. I am in extreme pain and have severe cognitive issues. Don't waste your TIME HERE!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jim – Oct 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Exceptional medical care from Dr Little and entire staff. Upon receiving the devastating news that I had a brain tumor that needed to be removed, I was referred to Dr. Little by a trusted medical professional. As soon as I contacted his office and interacted with him and his staff, I knew I was in the best place possible. He is kind, understanding, subject expert and one of the best listeners I’ve encountered in Medical field. Thank you for getting me thru this battle. Only 9 weeks out and feel better than ever!
Jennifer Schneider in Belton, TX – Jun 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Despite10 yrs of horrific pain, I found Dr. Little, Neurosurgeon. as a professional, confident, respectful, experienced, greatly skilled, and gifted expert of NeuroSciences. My experience is after his inserting a cage and rod, and lumbar fusions (5). Recovery went well, as well, pain was lessoned. Honestly, he served me well, excellent in fact. Without hesititation, I recommend Dr. Little. I? a Grateful Healthgrades.com user for site helps me make informed decisions regarding my health care!
Kpalmer602 in Phoenix, AZ – May 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Disc replacement from C-4 to C-6 and Lumbar Discectomy in 2017. Happy with the results and the process went smoothly.
Mesa – May 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
I had a very ill placed menangeoma encasing my right optic nerve. Dr Little artfully removed this tumor and “it’s cousin”. All my symptoms left with the tumors. I healed very quickly, never needing anything stronger than extra strength Tylenol. I am 2 weeks post op and except for fatigue, feel almost like myself.
Barb Wilkins in Mesa, AZ – Jan 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Not as good as described, and I am Still in pain ! His nurse practitioner has no bedside manner at all, she is rude ! His administrative set stuff is the worst in the profession !
Oct 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Dr. Little was a very caring and warm doctor. He helped me through my surgery and diagnosis of a brain tumor. God bless him and his entire staff for being so comforting.
Sean LeBreton in Gilbert, AZ – Aug 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
I saw Dr. Little in March of last year for pain in my lower back. After several x-rays and my exam he found I had a pinched nerve in my neck and also because I fell on some rocks, L3 through L5 were pinched . He did the first surgery on my neck in May 2016 and my lower back in June 2016. Since then I have no pain and he gave me my life back to do things I always did before. Thank you to Dr. Little and his entire team. Diane Bickers, Gilbert, Az.
Diane Bickers in gilbert, az – Mar 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Dr. Little performed a disectomy and fusion surgery on my C3-C6 vertebrae for compression of my spinal cord and nerves. He spent time patiently listening to me and answering the many questions I had before deciding that surgery was the best choice for me. My surgery was four months ago. I no longer have sharp shooting pains down my arms and legs. My neck spasms are gone. Dr. Little is a brilliant neurosurgeon and a doctor truly committed to healing his patients' health and quality of life.
Tracie Collier in Phoenix, AZ – Jan 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
I had cervical surgery, C3-C7 fusing. I am now eight weeks out of surgery and I can't believe how easy and pain free the experience has been. Dr Little and his Nurse Practitioner, Deborah Shepherd, have been wonderful from the very first visit. The explanations and choices (to have surgery or not) have been so clear while at the same time, done with the patient in mind. The Barrow Institute keeps everything organized, as well. I could not give a higher recommendation for this pair of professio
M Landau in Phoenix, AZ – Jan 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Dr. Little did surgery on my 74 yr old mom's neck in an emergency situation. We were from out of town and came in through the emergency room at St. Joeseph's so we were given a doctor. The God's were truly with us that day when we were assigned Dr. Little. I immediately trusted him. He is confident, caring, gets to the point, is thorough in his explanations, and does not throw around a big ego. On top of that the man is brilliant. Do not look any further. He truly is the best!
Kim Bronson in Los Angeles CA – Nov 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
After talking with hi, I felt very confident that his knowledge and experience would lead to a successful surgery.
Markus G in Scottsdale, AZ – Sep 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Dr. Little is a very caring doctor and takes the time to explain the condition, treatment options, benefits and expected outcomes. He truly cares about the patient and family members. He is an exceptional surgeon and would highly recommend.
Laura in Glendale, Az – Sep 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Dr. Little has a very good bedside manner. He takes the time to carefully explain everything. This includes what caused the issue, the available treatments, the pros and the cons of those treatments in order for a good decision to be made. He does not abandon you in the treatment selection process but instead guides you to a decision that suites your individual lifestyle. He also carefully explains the recovery process and what to expect as far as limitations. His staff is all top notch as well.
Sid Carlisle in Scottsdale, Arizona – Aug 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Very pleased with my back surgery, two weeks after surgery and no more pain going down my legs , thank you so much .
Donald Jackson in Phoenix, AZ – Aug 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Everyone is very professional yet compassionate at the office. I had heard many good things about Dr Little before surgery. He is amazing at what he has accomplished for my healthcare. I am forever thankful.
Diane in Buckeye, Arizona – Jul 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Dr. Little, the Barrow Brain & Spine, Dignity Health & all of the staff were the best. They all treated me with great compassion & were consummate professionals in their fields. Dr. Little was like no doctor I have every seen before. He was quite knowledgeable in my condition & answered all of my questions with no reservations. The neuro ICU nurses were dedicated to their care & compassion for me during recovery. I could not have wished for a better experience. I applaud Dr. Little & BNI.
Frank K in Gallup, NM – May 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Gifted, and miracle worker with hands from God!
06-22-16kpalmer in Phoenix, AZ – May 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Little?

At BBS, we put our patients first.  We are committed to treating our patients with compassion and to providing innovative and sound medical options...Read more

Dr. Little specializes in treating brain tumors (e.g., meningioma, glioma, etc) and pituitary tumors (e.g. acromegaly, Cushings disease, pituitary adenoma),...Read more

• Neurosurgery

2010
BARROW NEUROLOGICAL INSTITUTE
1995
Yale University

• >Long-term pain response and quality of life in patients with trigeminal neuralgia treated with Gamma Knife radiosurgery,
  • >Endoscopic endonasal transmaxillary approach and endoscopic sublabial transmaxillary approach: surgical decision making and implications of the nasolacrimal duct.,
  • >Prophylactic antibiotics trends for pituitary lesions,
  • >The anterior skull base nasal inventory (ASK Nasal Inventory): a clinical tool for evaluating rhinological outcomes following surgery for pituitary and cranial base lesions.,
  • >Barrow Surgeon Restores Patient's Sight,