Dr. Andrew Little, MD

NeurosurgeryMale

Neurosurgery

Dr. Andrew Little, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Phoenix, AZ. Dr. Little has extensive experience in Nervous System Neoplasms and Neurocritical Care Disorders. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix and Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA) Phoenix. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Andrew Little, MD

Barrow Brain And Spine

2910 N 3rd Ave Phoenix, AZ 85013
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Neurosurgery Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Affiliated with St. Joseph's Hospital And Medical Center Phoenix, a highly rated hospital.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Frequently Treated by Dr. Little

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Little treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Little treats other conditions, please contact the office at (480) 917-5600.

Nervous System Neoplasms

Oncologists diagnose and treat tumors, both malignant and benign, in or near the brain and spinal cord.Compare with other Nervous System Neoplasms specialists.

Dr. Little is experienced in the area of Nervous System Neoplasms. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 11 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Dr. Little
Similar Providers
Pituitary Tumor
Meningiomas
Brain and Nervous System Cancer (incl. Gliomas, Astrocytoma, Schwannoma, Medulloblastoma, Chordoma)
Brain Cancer
Normal
High
Very High

Neurocritical Care Disorders

Neurocritical care specialists diagnose and treat severe and life-threatening neurological conditions such as stroke, spinal cord injury, brain tumor, and traumatic brain injuryCompare with other Neurocritical Care Disorders specialists.

Dr. Little is experienced in the area of Neurocritical Care Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 16 conditions and procedures

• Brain Metastasis
  • Brain Tumor
  • Cavernous Malformation Brain
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Chiari Malformation Type 1
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Juvenile Pilocytic Astrocytoma
  • Malignant Glioma
  • Meningiomas
  • Metastatic Tumors (Brain)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Radiation-Induced Meningioma
  • Surgical Nutrition
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Little accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Little has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(480) 917-5600Find providers who accept this insurance

Dr. Little's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Little

Dr. Little was rude from the moment he walked into the exam room. That never changed. I had a very bad surgical outcome which the doctor tried to make excuses for. Go to Mayo Clinic - I wish I had gone there.
Jan 22, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Dr. Little is an amazing surgeon and an expert when it comes to Pituitary tumors. I was thrilled when I learned that he was also going to take part in my surgery to remove a tumor on my pituitary gland. Dr. Little visited me multiple times before and after the operation, and made me feel at ease. Alongside Dr. Almefty and Dr. Santarelli, they removed the tumor and I was up and walking the next day. Dr. Little takes the time to check in on his patients, and clearly has immense passion for what he does. I am so thankful to the amazing surgeons at Barrow for the way they handled my case.
Andrew – Mar 30, 2021
Amazing surgeon.
Mike Z – Dec 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Amazing treatment for my brother and surgery was very successful, the way my brother describe the attention and procedure was top of the top with all the amazing service he had in Barrow, unfortunately we couldn't be with him cause of covid-19 regulations, but he is in recovery right now but so HAPPY with his vision back to normal. He had a tumor in the pituitary gland tha was pressing the vision nerves. I'm so glad my brother found this Angel with name Andrea Little.
Luis Cardenas – Jul 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Dr. Little ordered an MRI on me which was done over a month ago. Despite several calls to his office and Barrows, no one will return our call with test results or any further treatment. I now have to start all over with Mayo. I've been dealing with Barrows since June, 2019 with ZERO results. I am in extreme pain and have severe cognitive issues. Don't waste your TIME HERE!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
Jim – Oct 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Exceptional medical care from Dr Little and entire staff. Upon receiving the devastating news that I had a brain tumor that needed to be removed, I was referred to Dr. Little by a trusted medical professional. As soon as I contacted his office and interacted with him and his staff, I knew I was in the best place possible. He is kind, understanding, subject expert and one of the best listeners I’ve encountered in Medical field. Thank you for getting me thru this battle. Only 9 weeks out and feel better than ever!
Jennifer Schneider in Belton, TX – Jun 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Despite10 yrs of horrific pain, I found Dr. Little, Neurosurgeon. as a professional, confident, respectful, experienced, greatly skilled, and gifted expert of NeuroSciences. My experience is after his inserting a cage and rod, and lumbar fusions (5). Recovery went well, as well, pain was lessoned. Honestly, he served me well, excellent in fact. Without hesititation, I recommend Dr. Little. I? a Grateful Healthgrades.com user for site helps me make informed decisions regarding my health care!
Kpalmer602 in Phoenix, AZ – May 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Disc replacement from C-4 to C-6 and Lumbar Discectomy in 2017. Happy with the results and the process went smoothly.
Mesa – May 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
I had a very ill placed menangeoma encasing my right optic nerve. Dr Little artfully removed this tumor and “it’s cousin”. All my symptoms left with the tumors. I healed very quickly, never needing anything stronger than extra strength Tylenol. I am 2 weeks post op and except for fatigue, feel almost like myself.
Barb Wilkins in Mesa, AZ – Jan 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Not as good as described, and I am Still in pain ! His nurse practitioner has no bedside manner at all, she is rude ! His administrative set stuff is the worst in the profession !
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
Oct 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Dr. Little was a very caring and warm doctor. He helped me through my surgery and diagnosis of a brain tumor. God bless him and his entire staff for being so comforting.
Sean LeBreton in Gilbert, AZ – Aug 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
I saw Dr. Little in March of last year for pain in my lower back. After several x-rays and my exam he found I had a pinched nerve in my neck and also because I fell on some rocks, L3 through L5 were pinched . He did the first surgery on my neck in May 2016 and my lower back in June 2016. Since then I have no pain and he gave me my life back to do things I always did before. Thank you to Dr. Little and his entire team. Diane Bickers, Gilbert, Az.
Diane Bickers in gilbert, az – Mar 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Dr. Little performed a disectomy and fusion surgery on my C3-C6 vertebrae for compression of my spinal cord and nerves. He spent time patiently listening to me and answering the many questions I had before deciding that surgery was the best choice for me. My surgery was four months ago. I no longer have sharp shooting pains down my arms and legs. My neck spasms are gone. Dr. Little is a brilliant neurosurgeon and a doctor truly committed to healing his patients' health and quality of life.
Tracie Collier in Phoenix, AZ – Jan 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
I had cervical surgery, C3-C7 fusing. I am now eight weeks out of surgery and I can't believe how easy and pain free the experience has been. Dr Little and his Nurse Practitioner, Deborah Shepherd, have been wonderful from the very first visit. The explanations and choices (to have surgery or not) have been so clear while at the same time, done with the patient in mind. The Barrow Institute keeps everything organized, as well. I could not give a higher recommendation for this pair of professio
M Landau in Phoenix, AZ – Jan 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Dr. Little did surgery on my 74 yr old mom's neck in an emergency situation. We were from out of town and came in through the emergency room at St. Joeseph's so we were given a doctor. The God's were truly with us that day when we were assigned Dr. Little. I immediately trusted him. He is confident, caring, gets to the point, is thorough in his explanations, and does not throw around a big ego. On top of that the man is brilliant. Do not look any further. He truly is the best!
Kim Bronson in Los Angeles CA – Nov 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
After talking with hi, I felt very confident that his knowledge and experience would lead to a successful surgery.
Markus G in Scottsdale, AZ – Sep 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Dr. Little is a very caring doctor and takes the time to explain the condition, treatment options, benefits and expected outcomes. He truly cares about the patient and family members. He is an exceptional surgeon and would highly recommend.
Laura in Glendale, Az – Sep 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Dr. Little has a very good bedside manner. He takes the time to carefully explain everything. This includes what caused the issue, the available treatments, the pros and the cons of those treatments in order for a good decision to be made. He does not abandon you in the treatment selection process but instead guides you to a decision that suites your individual lifestyle. He also carefully explains the recovery process and what to expect as far as limitations. His staff is all top notch as well.
Sid Carlisle in Scottsdale, Arizona – Aug 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Very pleased with my back surgery, two weeks after surgery and no more pain going down my legs , thank you so much .
Donald Jackson in Phoenix, AZ – Aug 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?
Everyone is very professional yet compassionate at the office. I had heard many good things about Dr Little before surgery. He is amazing at what he has accomplished for my healthcare. I am forever thankful.
Diane in Buckeye, Arizona – Jul 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Little, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Little?