Dr. Andrew Lam, MD

Ophthalmology •  Male • Age 43

Dr. Lam

New England Retina Consultants

3640 Main St, Ste 201 Springfield, MA 01107

Dr. Andrew Lam, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in Springfield, MA and has been practicing for 12 years. He graduated from University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine in 2002 and specializes in ophthalmology.

Dr. Lam's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lam

Dr. Lam?
Dr. Lam's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Andrew Lam, MD
I was very satisfied with Dr Lam after being referred to him under trying conditions. I experienced a sudden detached retina and he was very thorough in discussing the procedure and expectations. I would definitely recommend the Doctor and his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Lam, MD?
I cannot say enough about Dr. Lam; he's amazing. In my late 40's I am very young to be experiencing such serious eye issues as 2 partially detached retinas in 8 months! Without my full sight I cannot continue my livelihood as a practicing attorney. Dr. Lam was there for me; I felt so comfortable with him. He is confident, knowledgeable, got right to the problem and had the immediate solution I needed. AND, that evening he scheduled my emergency surgery! He could have gone home, but instead after being in surgery all morning and then seeing patients all afternoon he made a special trip back to the hospital. Having to be awake for the surgery was difficult, but Dr. Lam talked me through every step, praising my efforts and letting me know how things went. I am truly forever grateful to Dr. Lam, will sing his praises to anyone who will listen, and HIGHLY recommend him to every patient with a retinal issue. Thank You Dr. Lam for allowing me the gift of continued sight.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Lam, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Lam by the Berkshire Eye Center when I presented after hours with a Retinal Detachment. I was immediately seen in his office on a Sunday night and scheduled for surgery the following day at Bay State Medical Center. The surgery was performed without incident and my recovery and outcome was textbook excellent. Dr. Lam was superb in all aspects of this event, and I highly recommend his skills along with his staff for their attention to detail.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Lam, MD?
I am a 75 year old male who was at work when my eye suddenly went black. I was referred to Dr Lam. I am so impressed with the level of my care. He took the time to explain everything to me and my wife. I was scheduled for surgery very quickly. The surgery went off without a hitch. A bubble was inserted into my eye. Over the course of several weeks my sight begin to improve dramatically. I did not have any complications and returned to my job within a week.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Lam, MD?
Dr. Andrew Lam treated me for a detached retina several years ago. I credit him with saving my sight. Since that time, he has monitored my retinas and corrected other weak spots. Dr. Lam is a highly skilled doctor who treated me with kindness and compassion. I highly recommend Dr. Lam and New England Retina.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Lam, MD?
I went to see Dr Lam I had a Detached Retina and I lost 80% (basically blind) of vision. Dr Lam performed surgery on my eye and the surgery was a breeze.. Three months after surgery I can see! If you want a PRO you must see Dr Lam
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Lam, MD?
Dr. Lam repaired my emergency retina tear, coming into the office on a Saturday evening! His calming demeanor and professional manner was a big factor in relieving my anxiety and nerves. He was very good about explaining everything that was happening and what I was going to experience during the treatment. There were no issues afterward and I am deeply grateful to Dr. Lam for saving my eyesight!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Lam, MD?
I had a retinal detachment on a Sunday afternoon. My ophthalmologist referred me to Dr. Lam. He performed my emergency surgery on Monday. His immediate response saved my vision. The procedure went smoothly without complications. Dr. Lam is a highly skilled surgeon with excellent communication skills. I am thankful that he restored my sight and I am very grateful that we have his expertise available to us in Western, MA.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Lam, MD?
I had a retina tear and was referred to Dr.Andrew Lam by my ophthalmologist. Dr. Lam was able to see me that day, and did a Laser Treatment on my retina. Unfortunately, I continued to have more issues that diminished my sight, and I ended up having "vitreo retina surgery." Dr. Lam explained the surgery and the risks, and helped me make the decision to do surgery on my eye. I can now see clear, and have had no complications. I had a positive experience and would refer family and friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Lam, MD?
very professional would recommend to family members ,very pleased with my results and my experience with the staff .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Lam, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lam?

• Ophthalmology

University of Hawaii
2002
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine

Dr. Lam accepts

Dr. Lam accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Lam's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Retina Diseases
  • Sarcoidosis
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Lam treats patients.

69% Patient experience rating, Equal to the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019, 2018)
  • America's 50 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019, 2018)
  • Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2019)