Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD

Dr. Kwait
Telehealth services available

Andrew Kwait, MD

84 Highland Ave Ste 304 Salem, MA 01970

Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Salem, MA. He specializes in psychiatry and addiction psychiatry.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Psychiatrists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Dr. Kwait accepts

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Kwait's experience treating your condition or procedure

Bipolar Disorder

Dr. Kwait treats Bipolar Disorder more than 56% of his peers

Dr. Kwait treats this condition more than 56% of his peers

Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

Dr. Kwait treats Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder more than 30% of his peers

Dr. Kwait treats this condition more than 30% of his peers

Dr. Kwait's conditions and procedures:

• Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophreniform Disorder

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD...

Have free onsite parking?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer evening visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer an online patient portal portal?

Dr. Kwait's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kwait

Dr. Kwait?
Dr. Kwait's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD
I have been a patient of Dr. Kwait's for 5 years. He is the most thorough, caring and compassionate psychiatrist I have ever been treated by. I am thankful to have met him, as I believe he helped me become a more stable and happy person. Anybody that has the pleasure of being treated by him is blessed.
Denise – Feb 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
best doctor ever, a life saver
jeff – Nov 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
I’ve been seeing kwait for 5 years. He is the first prescriber I’ve had who I’ve been able to trust fully. They are an amazing team, and I’m never afraid of being honest with him. They’ve always had my back, and make me feel like an individual- not an addict. I cannot recommend a better psychiatrist.
Olivia – Oct 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
Iv been coming to see Dr.Kwait for 4 years! Amazing group of staff! Dr. Kwait is very understanding, non judgmental and the most knowledgeable Dr. Iv ever been to!
Katie – Aug 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
I have been a patient if Dr. Kwait’s for about 7 years and he truly helped save my life. I honestly don’t know where I would be today without him. He is the most kind, patient and compassionate doctor around. He truly makes the hard work seem easy. He has a big heart. Never judge mental & is always straight up & honest. He deserves every bit of praise from all who get to know him!!
Jul 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
Dr Kwait is the most compassionate, kind, and truly the best doctor I have ever seen. He always goes out of his way to help. I am in my 50’s so I have seen many many doctors! I would highly recommend anyone who needs help to pick up the phone and call Dr. Kwait!
A man in his 50’s – Jul 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
I've been with Dr. Kwait since 2014 and he is the most qualified doctor to diagnose and treat psychiatric disorders that I've ever met. He is professional, respectful and most importantly his patients well-being is his number one concern. I would not recommend anyone else!
Michelle – Jul 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
Dr. Kuwait is absolutely amazing. He is very compassionate and understanding. He takes the time to listen and goes out of his way to help in any situation.
Jul 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
I was fortunate to find Dr. Kwait about a year ago. Since then, I've found him to be non-judgemental, and compassionate. He has been respectful and I intend to continue with Dr Kwait.
Marc – Jul 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
Definitely one of the most kind hearted and experience doctors I’ve seen he is very compassionate and actually cares about how I am doing. Always takes the time to talk to me about my medications and what is probably the best medication for me . Remembers things about me and always checks in and makes sure I’m doing well
Talia – Jul 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
One of the most condescending psychiatrists I've ever met. Doesn't even take the time to refill medications himself - he's got the receptionists calling in scripts for him and this has on multiple occasions resulted in the wrong dosage being sent to the pharmacy. For one of my medications that is a controlled substance, this has led to confusion over how the script is supposed to be filled; I'm supposed to be picking it up in person at his office but his receptionist without fail always tries to send it through to the pharmacy electronically. Of course, the pharmacy bounces it back and then when I show up to his office to pick up the script, I have to argue with his staff because they tell me they sent it in already. State of MA requires paper copies for certain scripts, no ifs, ands, or butts. They schedule for 15 min appointments, lucky if I'm in there 2 min. Wouldn't mind but he spends the rest of my appointment time talking golf with the other prescribers and staff.
former patient – Jun 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
Finding Dr. Kwait was life saving/changing. I’ve been seeing him for well over 5 years. His guidance and support through my recovery process has been the key to my success. I look forward to my appointments whether I need advice or to share what’s new in life. He has an awesome staff that works hard on my behalf. I highly recommend his practice. If there were more clinicians like Dr. Kwait, we have a much better chance in ending this epidemic.
May 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
Dr. Kwait and his staff are compassionate and understanding. I'm always treated with kindness and respect. I was in and out of rehab for four years without success until I met Dr. Kwait in June of 2012. I've been sober now for over 6 years. His program works.
Dan in Boxford, MA – Dec 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Kuwait for 5.5 years, and I have been treated with respect and always have an open line of communication with the team there whenever I need it. They listen to your particular situation and needs and help you get better. If you are serious about getting treatment and truly want the help there’s is no better choice you can make than Dr. Kuwait.
Adam in Haverhill, MA – Dec 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
treats people with respect and compassion. not judgemental
Dec 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
Extremely nice man, easy to talk to.
Lisa Zetes – Sep 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
Dr. Kwait has been my psychiatrist for over a decade. He’s a gem. Always willing to listen and provide thoughtful and insightful feedback. Nonjudgmental and caring - I truly can’t say enough good things about this man!
Jan 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
Dr. Kwait provides quality care with a non judgemental approach. Treats people with respect regardless of their issues and never condescends. His staff is also super kind and compassionate and always take the time to ensure that the experience has been satisfactory. This is a dependable and caring office of experienced and understanding staff. At Dr Keaits office people are people and not their diagnosis and that is a rare in this day and age.
Dec 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
I have been a patient in his Salem practice for about 3 years. He is professional and compassionate about what he does. He is outstanding in the field of psychiatric care and substance treatment. His small yet meticulous practice is fantastic. His entire team is always attentive and helpful. If you are looking for a provider that sees you as an individual not a number Dr. Kwait’s practice is it! Thanks Dr Kwait.
Lindsey in Peabody MA – Dec 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
Ive been going to doctor kwait for 3 years now. I'm 23, have a child under 2, moved an hour away from the dr's office, and am pregnant with my 2nd child....but i'm still going to Dr. Kwait. Why haven't I switched to a doctor closer to me? Why do I still trek this drive during my hectic life? Because I know for a fact that no other doctor is going to listen to me, believe the words that come out of my mouth, respect me, and be there for me the way Dr. K and his staff are!
Sophia in Hampton, NH – Oct 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kwait?

Providing compassionate, respectful, non-judgmental, treatment.

• Psychiatry