Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 72

Dr. Kwait
Telehealth services available
10 Harbor St Ste 1 Danvers, MA 01923

Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Danvers, MA. He is affiliated with North Shore Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kwait to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Kwait's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Kwait's Top Procedures and Conditions

Dementia or Depression Screening

Dr. Kwait performs Dementia or Depression Screening more than 80% of his peers

Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Kwait performs Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery more than 80% of his peers

Psychological Evaluation

• Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Dr. Kwait accepts

Dr. Kwait accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO

Dr. Kwait's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kwait

Dr. Kwait?
  • Listened & answered questions (25)
  • Office environment (25)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (25)
  • Appointment was rushed (2)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (1)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (1)
I’ve worked with Dr. Kwait professionally for many years and he has assisted me under his care as a patient. He is a perfect doctor for any of your psychopharm needs. He takes time to educate patients on their medications which most physicians and practitioners do not take the time or consideration to do. He genuinely cares and has empathy for those he treats and is a dedicated, well respected doctor in the community. Dr. Kwait can successfully treat anyone from psychiatrically chronically complex patients to an individual wanting to get on an effective anti-depressant, anxiety management, or facilitating medication assisted treatment for those suffering from addiction. I promise, you will not regret meeting Dr. Kwait!
Mrs. G – Mar 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Kwait's for 5 years. He is the most thorough, caring and compassionate psychiatrist I have ever been treated by. I am thankful to have met him, as I believe he helped me become a more stable and happy person. Anybody that has the pleasure of being treated by him is blessed.
Denise – Feb 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
best doctor ever, a life saver
jeff – Nov 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
I’ve been seeing kwait for 5 years. He is the first prescriber I’ve had who I’ve been able to trust fully. They are an amazing team, and I’m never afraid of being honest with him. They’ve always had my back, and make me feel like an individual- not an addict. I cannot recommend a better psychiatrist.
Olivia – Oct 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
Iv been coming to see Dr.Kwait for 4 years! Amazing group of staff! Dr. Kwait is very understanding, non judgmental and the most knowledgeable Dr. Iv ever been to!
Katie – Aug 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
I have been a patient if Dr. Kwait’s for about 7 years and he truly helped save my life. I honestly don’t know where I would be today without him. He is the most kind, patient and compassionate doctor around. He truly makes the hard work seem easy. He has a big heart. Never judge mental & is always straight up & honest. He deserves every bit of praise from all who get to know him!!
Jul 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
Dr Kwait is the most compassionate, kind, and truly the best doctor I have ever seen. He always goes out of his way to help. I am in my 50’s so I have seen many many doctors! I would highly recommend anyone who needs help to pick up the phone and call Dr. Kwait!
A man in his 50’s – Jul 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
I've been with Dr. Kwait since 2014 and he is the most qualified doctor to diagnose and treat psychiatric disorders that I've ever met. He is professional, respectful and most importantly his patients well-being is his number one concern. I would not recommend anyone else!
Michelle – Jul 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
Dr. Kuwait is absolutely amazing. He is very compassionate and understanding. He takes the time to listen and goes out of his way to help in any situation.
  • Appointment was rushed
Jul 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
I was fortunate to find Dr. Kwait about a year ago. Since then, I've found him to be non-judgemental, and compassionate. He has been respectful and I intend to continue with Dr Kwait.
Marc – Jul 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
Definitely one of the most kind hearted and experience doctors I’ve seen he is very compassionate and actually cares about how I am doing. Always takes the time to talk to me about my medications and what is probably the best medication for me . Remembers things about me and always checks in and makes sure I’m doing well
Talia – Jul 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
One of the most condescending psychiatrists I've ever met. Doesn't even take the time to refill medications himself - he's got the receptionists calling in scripts for him and this has on multiple occasions resulted in the wrong dosage being sent to the pharmacy. For one of my medications that is a controlled substance, this has led to confusion over how the script is supposed to be filled; I'm supposed to be picking it up in person at his office but his receptionist without fail always tries to send it through to the pharmacy electronically. Of course, the pharmacy bounces it back and then when I show up to his office to pick up the script, I have to argue with his staff because they tell me they sent it in already. State of MA requires paper copies for certain scripts, no ifs, ands, or butts. They schedule for 15 min appointments, lucky if I'm in there 2 min. Wouldn't mind but he spends the rest of my appointment time talking golf with the other prescribers and staff.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
former patient – Jun 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
Finding Dr. Kwait was life saving/changing. I’ve been seeing him for well over 5 years. His guidance and support through my recovery process has been the key to my success. I look forward to my appointments whether I need advice or to share what’s new in life. He has an awesome staff that works hard on my behalf. I highly recommend his practice. If there were more clinicians like Dr. Kwait, we have a much better chance in ending this epidemic.
May 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
Dr. Kwait and his staff are compassionate and understanding. I'm always treated with kindness and respect. I was in and out of rehab for four years without success until I met Dr. Kwait in June of 2012. I've been sober now for over 6 years. His program works.
Dan in Boxford, MA – Dec 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Kuwait for 5.5 years, and I have been treated with respect and always have an open line of communication with the team there whenever I need it. They listen to your particular situation and needs and help you get better. If you are serious about getting treatment and truly want the help there’s is no better choice you can make than Dr. Kuwait.
Adam in Haverhill, MA – Dec 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
treats people with respect and compassion. not judgemental
Dec 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
Extremely nice man, easy to talk to.
Lisa Zetes – Sep 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
Dr. Kwait has been my psychiatrist for over a decade. He’s a gem. Always willing to listen and provide thoughtful and insightful feedback. Nonjudgmental and caring - I truly can’t say enough good things about this man!
Jan 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
Dr. Kwait provides quality care with a non judgemental approach. Treats people with respect regardless of their issues and never condescends. His staff is also super kind and compassionate and always take the time to ensure that the experience has been satisfactory. This is a dependable and caring office of experienced and understanding staff. At Dr Keaits office people are people and not their diagnosis and that is a rare in this day and age.
Dec 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?
I have been a patient in his Salem practice for about 3 years. He is professional and compassionate about what he does. He is outstanding in the field of psychiatric care and substance treatment. His small yet meticulous practice is fantastic. His entire team is always attentive and helpful. If you are looking for a provider that sees you as an individual not a number Dr. Kwait’s practice is it! Thanks Dr Kwait.
Lindsey in Peabody MA – Dec 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Kwait, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kwait?

Providing compassionate, respectful, non-judgmental, treatment.

member of:  American Society of Addiction Medicine                            ...Read more

• Psychiatry