Dr. Andrew Jasek, MD

Dr. Andrew Jasek, MD

Rheumatology  |
Dr. Andrew Jasek, MD is a rheumatology doctor who practices in Rockford, IL. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Read his story

5875 E Riverside Blvd

Rockford, IL 61114

• CorVel
  • ECOH
  • First Choice Health
  • HFN
  • The Alliance

Learn about Dr. Jasek

See how frequently Dr. Jasek performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Gout
Arthritis
Osteoporosis

Dr. Jasek's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Jasek's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Jasek "As one of the three Rheumatology specialists on our team, I would like to welcome you to Rockford Orthopedic! I was born and raised in Poland, where I received my medical degree and began my career as a neurologist in Warsaw, Poland. After practicing for three years, I relocated to the United States where I completed three additional years of residency training in internal medicine in Pennsylvania before moving to practice medicine at what is now known as Rockford Health System. I further specialized and established my rheumatology practice at Mercy Clinic in Janesville for nine years before joining Rockford Orthopedic Associates. Many people wonder what a Rheumatologist is, or why they are being referred to a Rheumatologist when they don't have "arthritis." Rheumatologists manage many conditions, seeing patients from adolescent years to geriatric. So what do Rheumatologists do? In my practice I see a wide spectrum of diseases. While I have a special interest in treating rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory diseases, I provide care for osteoarthritis, lupus, Sjogren's disease, connective tissue disease, gout and pseudo-gout, scleroderma, dermamyositis/polymyositis, and vasculitis. I also treat osteoporosis and am certified in bone densitometry. Providing my patients with an accurate diagnosis is key to helping them begin to resume a more active lifestyle. To do so requires listening carefully to my patients' symptoms, having a good understanding of many types of disorders and their manifestations, reviewing lab tests and sometimes utilizing musculoskeletal ultrasound for diagnosis. This "detective work" is precisely why I was drawn to Rheumatology."

This content was provided by Dr. Jasek "I believe treating my patients involves working together in partnership. Educating my patients in plain language is vital for them to understand the diagnosis, the treatment plan and how to prevent disease progression or the development of additional conditions.

Rheumatology is an ever-evolving specialty with new treatments continually being developed. At OrthoIllinois we are excited to be at the forefront of improvements in care by actively being involved in clinical research trials for various conditions.

When I am not practicing medicine, I enjoy computers and the arts. I am a movie enthusiast, attend theatrical productions, and paint in oils. I am also multi-lingual and speak English, Polish, Russian, and German.

I again welcome you to OrthoIllinois and look forward to providing you with compassionate care."

• Rheumatology

• Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Psoriatic Arthritis
  • Raynaud's Disease
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis

• Infusion Therapy

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• State College No 17 Modrzewski Memorial-Warsaw, Poland
  • Medical College Of Pennsylvania
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996
  • University Of Illinois At Chicago / College Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Jasek has no media or publications listed.

• German
  • Polish
  • Russian

Dr. Jasek does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jasek and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Jasek's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jasek to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Jasek Says:

When someone takes the time to leave a review about an experience, it speaks volumes to others who may be seeking a medical provider.

This feedback not only helps me improve my ability to provide you with the best service possible, but also aids prospective patients considering treatment for arthritis or autoimmune disorder in selecting a physician with which they can feel...

Dr. Jasek's Performance
in Machesney Park, Il |
I believe 100% that I have EDS Hypermobile syndrome. All I need is to be seen by a rheumatologist to verify it, and so my kids and grandkids can take care of their joints, and not end up like me. Because I've been diagnose with CPS, he REFUSED to even see me!! What a joke! They want to send me to a pain specialist. I've been to so many of them, and they have NEVER been able to help me!!!
in Belvidere |
When my last Rheumatologist retired, I was so afraid of going to a new doctor. I love Dr. Jasek. If I have any questions at all about my Sjogren's, Dr. Jasek has an answer for me. I also feel he takes his time to talk to me and not rush me in and out on an assembly line.
in Rockford, IL |
I saw 3 other doctors before Dr. jasek and none of them really helped me. Dr. Jasek found what worked and I am forever greatful to him. My daughter is now showing signs of Lupus and I am going to take her to see Dr. Jasek because I trust him.
Poplar Grove IL |
Dr Jasek is a amazing doctor. My husband can do his construction work again and come home with no pain in his hands . ?
Kingston |
Dr Jasek has helped me so much. I finally feel like better and able to do things I once did like bowling. I love bowling and now I am able too!
This doctor entered information and multiple conditions into my medical record that are untrue--conditions that I do NOT suffer from and that we had NEVER discussed. I have been frustrated with his care since our first meeting.
Have you seen Dr. Andrew Jasek, MD?
Are you Dr. Jasek?