Dr. Andrew Jasek, MD

Dr. Andrew Jasek, MD

Rheumatology  ·
Dr. Andrew Jasek, MD is a rheumatology specialist in Rockford, IL and has been practicing for 22 years. He graduated from Medical University Of Warsaw in 1985 and specializes in rheumatology and internal medicine.Read his story

324 Roxbury Rd

Rockford, IL 61107

• CorVel
  • ECOH
  • First Choice Health
  • HFN
  • The Alliance

Learn about Dr. Jasek

See how frequently Dr. Jasek performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Gout
Arthritis
Osteoporosis

Dr. Jasek's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Jasek's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Jasek "As one of the three Rheumatology specialists on our team, I would like to welcome you to Rockford Orthopedic! I was born and raised in Poland, where I received my medical degree and began my career as a neurologist in Warsaw, Poland. After practicing for three years, I relocated to the United States where I completed three additional years of residency training in internal medicine in Pennsylvania before moving to practice medicine at what is now known as Rockford Health System. I further specialized and established my rheumatology practice at Mercy Clinic in Janesville for nine years before joining Rockford Orthopedic Associates. Many people wonder what a Rheumatologist is, or why they are being referred to a Rheumatologist when they don't have "arthritis." Rheumatologists manage many conditions, seeing patients from adolescent years to geriatric. So what do Rheumatologists do? In my practice I see a wide spectrum of diseases. While I have a special interest in treating rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory diseases, I provide care for osteoarthritis, lupus, Sjogren's disease, connective tissue disease, gout and pseudo-gout, scleroderma, dermamyositis/polymyositis, and vasculitis. I also treat osteoporosis and am certified in bone densitometry. Providing my patients with an accurate diagnosis is key to helping them begin to resume a more active lifestyle. To do so requires listening carefully to my patients' symptoms, having a good understanding of many types of disorders and their manifestations, reviewing lab tests and sometimes utilizing musculoskeletal ultrasound for diagnosis. This "detective work" is precisely why I was drawn to Rheumatology."

This content was provided by Dr. Jasek "I believe treating my patients involves working together in partnership. Educating my patients in plain language is vital for them to understand the diagnosis, the treatment plan and how to prevent disease progression or the development of additional conditions.

Rheumatology is an ever-evolving specialty with new treatments continually being developed. At OrthoIllinois we are excited to be at the forefront of improvements in care by actively being involved in clinical research trials for various conditions.

When I am not practicing medicine, I enjoy computers and the arts. I am a movie enthusiast, attend theatrical productions, and paint in oils. I am also multi-lingual and speak English, Polish, Russian, and German.

I again welcome you to OrthoIllinois and look forward to providing you with compassionate care."

• Rheumatology

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
  • Rheumatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Infusion Therapy

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• State College No 17 Modrzewski Memorial-Warsaw, Poland
  • Medical College Of Pennsylvania
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996
  • University Of Illinois At Chicago / College Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Jasek has no media or publications listed.

• German
  • Polish
  • Russian

Dr. Jasek does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jasek and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Jasek's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Jasek

4.0

Dr. Jasek?
Dr. Jasek's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Andrew Jasek, MD
RecentHighestLowest
Great doctor; explained everything very well and had good bed site manner
Rockton, IL – Feb 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Jasek, MD?
I saw Dr Jasek on a referral from my PCP for Polymyalgia Rheumatica. Following xrays & his exam, he said I did not have that condition but did not address the problems I was having with pain in my shoulders, hips & knees. The pain is so severe, it is difficult to walk or walk for any distance. ...Read More
Edwin Fransen in Byron – Feb 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Jasek, MD?
I believe 100% that I have EDS Hypermobile syndrome. All I need is to be seen by a rheumatologist to verify it, and so my kids and grandkids can take care of their joints, and not end up like me. Because I've been diagnose with CPS, he REFUSED to even see me!! What a joke! They want to send me to a...Read More
Shelly Ethridge in Machesney Park, Il – Dec 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Jasek, MD?
When my last Rheumatologist retired, I was so afraid of going to a new doctor. I love Dr. Jasek. If I have any questions at all about my Sjogren's, Dr. Jasek has an answer for me. I also feel he takes his time to talk to me and not rush me in and out on an assembly line.
Pam in Belvidere – Oct 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Jasek, MD?
I saw 3 other doctors before Dr. jasek and none of them really helped me. Dr. Jasek found what worked and I am forever greatful to him. My daughter is now showing signs of Lupus and I am going to take her to see Dr. Jasek because I trust him.
Lora Evans in Rockford, IL – Apr 18, 2017
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Jasek?